[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why do countries ever give up their colonies? When England
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2
File: British_Empire_1921.png (32 KB, 1425x625) Image search: [Google]
British_Empire_1921.png
32 KB, 1425x625
Why do countries ever give up their colonies?

When England abandoned Africa, Africa abandoned all hope of ever becoming close to civilized.
>>
I think the US made them because it was a point of contention for european unity?
>>
>>69467411
niggers should take care of themselves
>>
>>69467411
>Africa
>uncivilized
Nice meme racist
>>
>>69467411
Is was economically unsustainable.
>>
>>69467619
Show me a picture of civilized Africa thats not in a town built by a colonial power.
>>
>>69467411
Complex question m8. Potential factors include the rise of global corporations not dependent on nation-state structures, popular opinion swinging massively left/anti-empire after the war, declining relative European/American dominance, the colonies were not all that useful in some cases.
>>
They were smart. Imagine what would have happened if all those colonies had demanded a referendum to become full British citizens. They would all get passports and move to the UK proper to find jobs while their home regions would demand funding from the central government
>>
>>69468090
Many were destroyed by colonialism
>>
File: crappy b8.png (42 KB, 625x626) Image search: [Google]
crappy b8.png
42 KB, 625x626
>>69468302

>>69468090
come the fuck on now? really?
>>
>>69468405
You faggots invaded my ancestors homeland and fucked up our tribal balance and shit
>>
>>69468302

Why was Asia not destroyed by colonialism? Vietnam, Taiwan. the Phillipines, etc. etc. are all way better than ANY african state.

Also, Liberia, the only non-European occupied state in the continent is amongst the worst in economic and educational terms...

hmmm....
>>
With the turn of the 20th century, there was less of a demand for raw materials from African colonies, specifically rubber, which was then able to be created synthetically. Aside from that, things were getting messier in Europe itself in the 1900s with WW1 coming. Also, what some of the other guys said: There were tons and tons of revolutions in colonized countries and a general resistance that the Europeans couldn't continue to fend off in the long term in unison with fighting World War 1.
>>
>>69468773
because they dont have oil or other resources. Why should you destroy them ?
>>
>>69468748
Bro you got "tribes" of people who used to be a single ethnic group genociding eachother because some white guy said they were actually two different groups and they were stupid enough to believe him, and prejudice enough to go to war over this.
>>
>>69470257
that sums up what happened in rwuanda
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.