[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
US Female soccer players file suit against US Soccer for wage
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 118
Thread images: 15
File: image.jpg (49 KB, 600x400) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
49 KB, 600x400
http://espn.go.com/espnw/sports/article/15102506/women-national-team-files-wage-discrimination-action-vs-us-soccer-federation

>Men's World Cup totaled 3.2 billion in viewership, including 1 billion that watched the finals

>Women's World Cup totaled 750 million

No shit you make less! When nobody cares about your sport why should you make more?
>>
They got demolished by under 17s

http://forums.bigsoccer.com/threads/uswnt-vs-u-17-usmnt.1939180/
>>
>>69453340
They think this is going to put them on equal pay how?.
>>
File: Chick Firefighters.jpg (128 KB, 1024x1018) Image search: [Google]
Chick Firefighters.jpg
128 KB, 1024x1018
>>69453340
>wage discrimination

They're not doing the same job, they're just playing against girls.

To get a raise, they need to either play against the men, or wear less clothing--just like in every other career.
>>
Sasha Grey got paid to masturbate on camera but I'm over here jerking off for free!

This is wage discrimination!
>>
>>69456052

Sempai, your analogy is actually pretty good.
>>
>>69453340
lol is this a fucking joke?

>>69453634
>>69454261
this.
US Soccer should concede. Acknowledge that they have in fact been sexist and paying women and men players different based solely on their gender.
And then correct this mistake by paying the women's team less than the U-17 boys team.
That's what real equality is
>>
>>69453340
they should settle it with a game against the male national team. If they draw they get equal pay, if they win they get higher pay.
>>
i think they should be paid more than the USMNT

they're far more successful than the men team, which fucking blows

they can barely beat guatemala in WC qualifiers
>>
File: tears.png (333 KB, 706x522) Image search: [Google]
tears.png
333 KB, 706x522
>>69453340
Good, the only way people wake up to this bullshit is when money is involved. These dumb cunts win regardless. Either they get more money or they get to claim victim status, which is nearly as valuable to a woman
>>
i just looked up female soccer and it's really bad, no wonder nobody watches it.
>>
>>69456052
>he does it for free
>>
Weren't there some nasty pics of the one on the left?
>>
Isn't the USWNT more famous than the men's team?

Wages aren't really determined by talent but by popularity, which often overlap in sports but occasionally don't.
>>
>>69457360
Yeah her fanny looks like red cabbage IIRC
>>
>>69457364
>Isn't the USWNT more famous than the men's team?

yes. they've actually won a world cup too

they deserve to be paid equally or even more purely on merit
>>
Female Sports

Top fucking kek. Nobody watches your shit, nobody buys your merch and you demand higher pay? Didnt the wnba dindudettes try that as well?
>>
>>69457568

kek
>>
>>69457568
No they don't that's not how spectator sports work. Brock lesnar is a bigger money maker than the people who beat him
>>
They should just make men compete with women, then we'll see how long this bullshit lasts.
>>
>>69453340
americans who win paid less
americans who lose paid more
KEK
>>
File: hmm.jpg (25 KB, 222x259) Image search: [Google]
hmm.jpg
25 KB, 222x259
>>69457568
>they deserve to be paid equally or even more purely on merit

So a Special Olympics gold medalist should be awarded the same as an Olympic gold medalist
>>
File: 1458408221961.jpg (39 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
1458408221961.jpg
39 KB, 600x600
the employer needs to make some money to pay the employees accordingly.
>nobody watches womens football --> the players are not generating any money
>>
>>69457364
>Wages aren't really determined by talent but by popularity
No.
Wages are determined by the market and by how much people is willing to pay you for your work.

If you play for a female soccer and female soccer doesn't have a big audience you know where you are getting into.
Why would a specific team, no matter how good it is, should get better wages if the audience for the sport in general is not the same?

Male basketball players don't make anything close to male soccer players (talking about Spain).
>>
File: 1459203247081.jpg (312 KB, 1443x527) Image search: [Google]
1459203247081.jpg
312 KB, 1443x527
>"Every single day we sacrifice just as much as the men. We work just as much," Morgan told "Today." "We endure just as much physically and emotionally.

Yeah and it produces worst resulst. But to be faire if the Wsoccer team did brought in more money in sales/advertising etc then it should be addressed. Just stop putting this "equality xD" shit everywhere it's freaking obnoxious
>>
have you seen the womens world cup? these cunts are lucky to be paid anything

sunday league sides would thrash any womens NT
>>
>>69457710
if we paid the women team more maybe that would shake up the poor leadership on the men's side

can anyone honestly say the men's team deserve to be paid as much as they are currently? hell no
>>
>>69457961
>If you play for a female soccer and female soccer doesn't have a big audience you know where you are getting into.
>Why would a specific team, no matter how good it is, should get better wages if the audience for the sport in general is not the same?

But the USWNT does get big audiences. That's the point I was making. More Americans probably know Hope Solo and Alex Morgan than whoever is in the men's team right now.
>>
>>69454261
saved.
>>
>>69457851
750 million vs. 1 billion

that's not that large a gap in viewership

i could see the argument if it was 75 million vs. 1 billion, but no
>>
File: Riley_Anderson.png (482 KB, 511x710) Image search: [Google]
Riley_Anderson.png
482 KB, 511x710
And see, this is what I'm talking about. Those feminazi cunts think women are good at doing stuff as good as men. Just fuck them altogether.

Seriously, fuck feminists. They created THIS character, for fuck's sake.
>>
File: 1458582545800s.jpg (8 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
1458582545800s.jpg
8 KB, 250x250
>>69453340
there's a women's soccer team, go figure...
>>
>>69458114
this. the USWNT is much more popular than our men's team.

most Americans can't even name a single player on the men's side
>>
>>69458187
No, 0.75bn vs 3.2bn.

The male WC drew more people with one single game than the women's cup with the whole tournament.

And that's after the men's cup had brazil in it.
>>
File: screaming crow.jpg (12 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
screaming crow.jpg
12 KB, 480x360
>female football
>>
>>69458187
It was 3.2 billion compared to 750 million
Pretty big fucking difference.

The men's final's viewership alone was 25% bigger than the entire women's world cup.
>>
>>69453340
>we play at the national level
Not at the highest level, it's the national womens level. merge the sexes if you want to claim the highest level. The under 16's can be played at the national level too, but without the same prize pool.
>>
File: 1458653677561.jpg (115 KB, 500x705) Image search: [Google]
1458653677561.jpg
115 KB, 500x705
This is like the bullshit in tennis.
Compete with men if you want the same money.
>>
>>69457364
But their competitors aren´t popular at all,
Which means that the organisation has no reason to overpay the Women´s team.
>>
>>69458258
>this. the USWNT is much more popular than our men's team.
... in the US.

But this is the national team, what matters is how they perform on the international level.
>>
Why don't they play vs men if they want the same pay? How can they claim to do the same work if they don't complete at the same level?
>>
>>69458399
>germany

whatever. our women's team could take your men's team
>>
reminder that in france, it is mandatory to our public channel to broadcast female football (otherwise nobody watch this)
>>
>>69458114
Yeah but it's just one team. If other teams don't get big audiences they set the standards.

It's unfortunate but it's the way it works. I may be a very good dentist but if I demand 8k for a job while other people are doing it for 4k I'm not going to get hired.

The only people that can afford to set their own wages are those with niche skills that very few people can offer.
>>
>>69458399
It's the American market that determines their wages
>>
>>69458538
men don't want to play against them. the fact is, our women's team could easily beat any pathetic nancy boy team out there
>>
>>69458554
Your men's team couldn't take our men's team.
>>69458602
That's for their national league, but not for international competition. What matters is ad revenue, which comes from international viewers.
>>
>>69458583
I think it's the same here. Until a few years ago I never saw women's sport on television, but now it's covered almost as much as male sports.
>>
>>69453340
>750 million
I didn't know there were that many giving a fuck about females playing soccer.
Personally I didn't even notice when their word cup happened.
>>
>>69458621

at least try m8
>>
>>69458258
Do these women not pay for clubs?
Clubs free to sign them for what their skill is worth?
The men make the majority of their money playing club football whereas international is meant to be about the honor yet we have women here screaming blue murder about the pay. Each one of them should be dropped, it's a privilege to represent the country not a fucking right.
>>
>>69453340
desu the judge should rule that they get equal pay

... but only if they beat the US mens team.
>>
>>69458743
We won that twice and I didn't notice either time.

It's just the US that goes apeshit when they win something, no matter what.
>>
>>69458621
>tf
>tt
>>
>>69458554
The USWNT can't beat a U-15 men's side. Women are pathetic at sports.
>>
Just make all sports unisex. For the sake of "equality". Since a woman can do anything a man can do better (and do it with heels) there should be no problem. If anyone disagrees they are sexist misogynist shit lords.
>>
>>69458743
The Japan vs USA games are hilarious
>race is a social construct
>>
>>69457205
Soccer in general its pretty boring
>>
>>69453340
>why should you make more?
because they're females. and females deserve more money.

I personally think females should not pay an income tax. They're the weaker sex, after all, men have an unfair advantage.
>>
>>69458970
In fairness the japs aren't that bad, poo in the loos are fucking terrible.
>>
>>69453340
>750 MILLIONS

It's a fucking big number for a lesbian sport
>>
File: 1459343756916.png (1009 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1459343756916.png
1009 KB, 1280x720
>women at work talking about similar subject
>they literally cant even that women sports arent more popular
>i pipe in, just like i shouldnt have, and mention the current streak of uconn and how their team is honestly amazing
>they look slightly confused, one of them says no one watches college basketball and it doesnt count
>ask them about a couple of uconns forwards
>They cant name any

well whatever bitches, i tried getting through to you
>>
Male athletes get paid more because they get more viewers which means more ratings which means advertisers pay moar. The only sport women get more ratings on is probably beach volleyball desu

Even then, nobody gives a fuck even about men's soccer in the USA. they should be glad Americans are so obsessively competitive that we saw some brown people playing soccer and shouted I BET I COULD WIN THAT BECAUSE I'M #1 USA USA USA!
>>
>>69453340
Pants-on-head retarded. If there's equal offering of coverage then it will get tossed out.
It isn't the US soccer leagues problem if the rest of the world is misogynist by nature and Americans hate soccer.

Didn't see these lawsuits happened when the WNBA crashed and burned, with its zombie corpse still shuffling because write offs for the owners.

T. Leftypol lurker
>>
>>69453340
Fine. Equal pay for men and women. Plus an added bonus based on revenue generated by the team.
>>
>>69453340
LMAO
>>
File: 1451159206877.jpg (90 KB, 951x840) Image search: [Google]
1451159206877.jpg
90 KB, 951x840
it's by definition not wage discrimination because it wasn't the same job
if they want equal pay they should go qualify for the real world cup

the fact that this has to be explained is ridiculous
>>
>>69459118
They are the No2 team so they aren't bad at all.
What I meant to say is that a lot of those matched is 2 meter tall nigresses and various mudwomen elbowing little jap women around.

We are all the same though.

You can make it if you try hard enough.
>>
>>69459411
Not to mention that no one gets equal pay on that level. You get the pay you can negotiate.
>>
>>69453340
Just play the woman's team against the men's team to decide the ratio of wages on merit!
>>
>The filing, citing figures from the USSF's 2015 financial report, says that despite the women's team generating nearly $20 million more revenue last year than the U.S. men's team, the women are paid almost four times less.

Defend this. Sounds pretty fucked to me lads
>>
>>69459638

there was a womens world cup last year

the mens team competed in a literal meme tournament where they got beat by fucking jamaica

either way, national teams shouldnt be paid to begin with
>>
>>69459638
Really, that's weird, but I suppose it's true.

If they actually make more money then they have the right to ask for more.
That's the point of the free market.
>>
>>69457568
>they've actually won a world cup too
yeah, against women
>>
>>69453340
>I do not get paid enough for the job I'm doing based on skills that there is no demand for outside this job.
>Because somehow, I can determine what my skills are worth better than the market can.

Women logic...
>>
>>69459638
>Defend this.
They brought in more because they had a world cup going on.

It's no one's fault but their own that they didn't use this opportunity to negotiate a sizeable bonus.
>>
>>69459638
nope nope nope
that's legalese bullshit
the women's team cost $20 million less to operate than the men's team therefore '''generating'''' $20 million

you can read their financial statement right here
http://www.ussoccer.com/about/federation-services/resource-center/financial-information
>>
>>69453340
Grasping cunts

>"Recently, it has become clear that the Federation has no intention of providing us equal pay for equal work,"

You're supposed to do it because you love it, it's not a fucking job you work at, punching a clock, sport is a passion and you should be fucking grateful you get anything for your hobby.
>>
reminder that the highest paid female model is paid over 200x more than the highest paid male model and it's actually the same work
>>
>>69453340
Rhonda Rousey put it best (put aside her loss and any hate you have towards her) when an reporter try to bait a "feminist woe is we" response from her with a question about women athletes being paid less she shut the cunt down.
She says she's one of the highest paid fighters in UFC because her fights draw money. If the Women's soccer teams want higher pay they should draw more attention, crowds, money so they can be paid comparable to their worth as athletes.
And she's right. The Men get paid more because more people watch them, more companies sponsor them, well known high paying companies.
This is the issue in a nut shell women want to be paid large sums but don't want to put in the hard work or make themselves valuable enough for high wages.
>>
>>69460199
Which one are you looking at?
2015 Audited Financial Statement?
>>
>>69460199
that's just another ding in the men's column

>spend more money on them
>they still don't perform

the women deserve at least to be paid equally, if not more

oh that's right, /pol/ doesn't believe in merit when it doesn't fit the narrative
>>
>>69453340
The real issue here is that women don't support women in sports. They might ramble about equality but the fact is that these feminists don't watch sports.

So the only way for female athletes to get viewers is to attract a male audience. Female leagues should study the NCAA and how they are able to attract good viewership despite operating at a much lower skill level than the pros.
>>
How about equal pay across the board? Cut all pay to minimum wage. Have the sponsors pay their salaries. More sponsors, more money.
>>
>>69461824
These financial figures have nothing to do with merit.
More people watch, more money gets made.
Less people watch women's soccer, not as much money is made.
Fucking hell, more people watched the men's team get their asses handed to them than people watched the women's team beat the nips.
It has nothing to do with who placed better in the tournament.
Maybe if more feminists watched sports then they would generate more money.
>>
>>69462191
Lots of rivalries I guess
>>
>>69461824
>/pol doesn't believe in merit when it doesn't fit the narrative
ok, let's have the women's team play the men's team then. or compete against men's team. not only would they never win a game, they'd be far and away the worst team to ever compete professionally.

this is a team that lost 8-2 against the under 17 mens team.

what a fucking moronic opinion
>>
>>69458089
Yes, by a mile. Just like the philadelphia 76'er's deserve more money than the WNBA champs. They are an all time bad NBA team, but still a better moneymaker and draw than any WNBA team
>>
>>69462615
>this is a team that lost 8-2 against the under 17 mens team.

so what if they were having a bad day
do they play men regularly? no

meanwhile, the men's team ONE JOB is to play men and they get btfo half the time
>>
>>69462191
Exactly. The NFL and NBA are supported by 80% men, MLB is a little closer to 60-40. If women had the % support from women that the NFL does from men, they would indeed be earning millions. There are just as many women as men.
>>
>>69462417
/thread

...but yeah, try to explain that to feminists. And good luck.
>>
>>69462733

the point is that if they want to be paid as much as men, they should be as good as men

8-2 isnt having a bad day its a stomp

8-2 against children is "holy shit why are you playing this sport"
>>
>>69462733
i'm gonna assume that you're trolling because you're addressing two completely different arguments when making one point..

if the women's team were placed in the men's team position, it would not win against global competition. if the men's team played with the women, they'd win the women's world cup every time.

if you want to argue pay based on merit then you need to universalize the competition.
>>
>>69459638
>USSF's 2015 financial report
Women's world cup was in 2015, the real world cup was in 2014
>>
>>69453340
I hope they win, and I hope they bankrupt the sport. Soccer is pretty gay tbqphwy kinsman.
>>
File: Muh_Gender_Equality.png (57 KB, 786x386) Image search: [Google]
Muh_Gender_Equality.png
57 KB, 786x386
>$20 million more in 'revenue'
>>
>>69463249

how do you bankrupt a sport?
>>
>>69453340
Another atempt by far left to destroy part of European culturebased on bullshit. It's obvious that wages in sport depend of how popular that sport is so it's obvious that more popular male division will make more money and male players get more money.
This is as retarded as saying it's unfair that NBA teams make more money than curling teams.
>>
File: 489849894.jpg (10 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
489849894.jpg
10 KB, 480x360
>>69458001
The "equality xD" shit is a large reason they have ANY money. Men get no handout funds, only funds from "holy fucking shit that dude is awesome did you see that?!?!"

The women get funded just because they are women, people bankroll them so that they can wear some fucking tolerance and progressivism badge.

Don't get me wrong it can be a lucrative badge because you get some old money broad or some broad with some cash other wise OR some completely keked male, they love throwing money at stupid shit like that.
>>
>>69454261

fucking brilliant.

10/10 nailed it perfectly.
>>
File: ejr.jpg (101 KB, 696x551) Image search: [Google]
ejr.jpg
101 KB, 696x551
>>69453340
They should play in more interesting outfits, this will attract attention and money
>>
>>69461620

Yeah head to near the end and it lists the expenses per team at the bottom, it's like 10mil for women and 31mil for men.
>>
There are hundreds of professional leagues around the world. Should they all be paid the same? There are amateur men's leagues of a higher standard than the top women's leagues. If the money is there you get your fair due. How can these simpletons not understand that there's minuscule money involved compare to the men's game. Honestly they are already overpaid.

All boxers should be paid the same as Mayeather!!

This shit drives me crazy.
>>
>>69453340
>actual sportswomen SHOULDN'T be paid more than greasy,fat/lanklet niggroids

Good job you fucking retards
>>
>>69463033
no you don't, because we know that will never happen

so why not treat the one team who does better in their field with their competition (and with less money) better? they're constantly high performers
>>
How do we use meme magic to fire the USWNT?

They shouldn't even be paid at all, NY money going to the the girls team is a waste because it's diverted away from the men's team.

If the women's team never played again no one would notice or care.
>>
I guess it's time to end the women's national soccer team experiment.
>>
>athletes of the National teams getting paid
I think this happens only in burgerland.
>>
Someone should tell them to

GIT

GUD
>>
Every country gives huge prizes if certain objectives are met during the competitions.

Also how the fuck 750 million people are watching womens play football and just 3.2 billions watch men? I guess that's why they hold the womens tournaments in progressive cuckold countries

Football is dead anyway
>>
>>69462417
Did you read the article?
Women's team brings in 20 million more in revenue.
>>
>>69467686
I don't know how much you know about sports but every fucking country pays it's national team players for playing international games and representing their country. It's not a big amount, it's more of a symbolic gesture when compared to what players actually earn in their domestic club.
I think it's a few thousands for a call up, but I don't really remember, shouldn't be hard to look it up, but for sure it's not like they don't get anything.
>>
>>69468261
every year? Or just the one that they won the world cup?
>>
>>69459638
So in the non world cup years the women make less money. will they accept less money then too?
>>
>>69457205
you have the ugliest fucking flag
i thought mine was shit
>>
>>69456722
This
>>
>>69453340

The easy answer to this is to split US soccer into 2 separate entities under the umbrella of US soccer.

Have mens game and womens game completely separate.
>negotiate own shirt deals and sponsership
>Men get money from men's games and women get money from women's games only.
>This goes all the way down to U16

Then just watch and laugh as women's soccer shrivels and dies and they beg to be affiliated with men's soccer again so their pay can be subsidized by the hugely profitable men's game.
>>
>>69468261
see
>>69463411
>'revenue'
Thread replies: 118
Thread images: 15

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.