[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Reporter fired for stating the obvious
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2
File: BasedReporter.jpg (46 KB, 543x487) Image search: [Google]
BasedReporter.jpg
46 KB, 543x487
http://www.post-gazette.com/ae/tv-radio/2016/03/30/WTAE-TV-s-Wendy-Bell-fired-over-racially-inflammatory-messages/stories/201603300196

>Female news reporter fired over facebook post made over a multiple homicide March 9th

>"After a mass shooting March 9 in Wilkinsburg in which police still have made no arrests, Ms. Bell wrote, in part, “You needn’t be a criminal profiler to draw a mental sketch of the killers who broke so many hearts two weeks ago Wednesday... they are young black men, likely in their teens or early 20s.
They have multiple siblings from multiple fathers and their mothers work multiple jobs.”"

$1000 if she said it was a white male with racist intentions she would not have been fired...
>>
What if she was wrong?

Journalists should never report their opinions, they should report the facts and let people draw their own conclusions.
>>
>>69451027
You're right
Unfortunately that doesn't seem to be the case these days, basically all news outlets have an agenda, it's probably always been that way.

She is probably right, though
>>
File: hgdsfbhahqr.jpg (33 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
hgdsfbhahqr.jpg
33 KB, 600x600
>>69451027

>Implying it wasn't exactly as how she described it
>Implying if she had said it was obviously racist white man she would still have been fired
>>
>>69450902
For a group that prides themselves on "keeping it real" niggers sure do insist on people maintaining fictions.
>>
>>69450902
You don't have to bet. Just remember what was happening in mainstream when that married couple of muslims started shooting at christmas party. Everysingle one was saying that shooters are prolly white. Was anyone fired ?
>>
>>69451027
It's not an opinion if it's based on statistical evidence.
>>
>>69450902
that's all very well and good, but she is a reporter and therefore she deserves some form of punishment
>>
>>69451842
Blacks are overrepresented as criminals based on their population size. But in sheer numbers do they commit the greatest percentage of murders? If not, can you say her claim is based on statistics?
>>
If Dennis Rodman shot someone, the APB would go out looking for a blonde maie with brown eyes.

>>69450902
Her biggest mistake was saying the mothers were working
>>
>>69450902
Ask Milo to hire her...?

Or put in a good word
>>
>>69453846
>But in sheer numbers do they commit the greatest percentage of murders?

Yes.

> - - - - - - - - - -

https://www.fbi.gov/about-us/cjis/ucr/crime-in-the-u.s/2014/crime-in-the-u.s.-2014/tables/table-43
>>
Relax guys she wasn't on your side.

>What matters is what’s going on in America, and it is the death of black people in this country. ... I live next to three war-torn communities in the city of Pittsburgh, that I love dearly. My stories, they struck a nerve. They touched people, but it’s not enough. More needs to be done. The problem needs to be addressed.

>I now understand that some of the words I chose were insensitive and could be viewed as racist. I regret offending anyone. I’m truly sorry.
>>
>>69455345
Still not fair she gets fired for telling the truth, which is what I thought journalism was supposed to be all about.
>>
>>69451027
News is never unfiltered. There is a financial backing by someone who leans on them to ensure they say what they want them to report. News is never lacking opinion.
>>
>>69450902
There was a time when you would be punished for saying there was no god, i.e., telling the truth, at least as you see it. Now we have the same thing about race. This needs to get Title VII protection, which protects people of any creed. Racism needs to be considered a creed, or a systematic set of beliefs. People shouldn't be able to be fired for it, if we can't fire people for being niggers, faggots, or transvestites.
>>
>>69451027

There's always an opinion slipped in. Just cause she was telling the truth this time doesn't mean she should be fired.
>>
>>69450902
Shit like this is why we need Donald Trump as president. Political correctness and the regressive left need to die.
>>
>>69455345
There are no "sides" anon. This is about being free from persecution of speech outside of your work.

Also
>What is: saving face
>>
>>69451027

I live in the Pittsburgh area. She's not wrong.
>>
yet if the reporter was a shitskin saying kill whitey they would not be fired
>>
>>69450902
E N R I C H E D
N
R
I
C
H
E
D
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.