[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
2016 Easter March Ireland
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 4
File: Green+Black Flag.png (1 MB, 1237x548) Image search: [Google]
Green+Black Flag.png
1 MB, 1237x548
Hey /pol/, what flag is this, and what does it represent? Never seen it before... was half expecting some kind of anarchist organization but Irish Anarchists uses a red and black.
>>
>>69448144
no idea can't find it on the internet
maybe if you made one in paint and then did a reverse image search on it
>>
>>69448660
Thats not a bad idea, I tried searching green and black, green top black bottom, throwing in other words etc and got nothing but a flag from the Dune series.
>>
>>69448814
Green anarchism
>>
>>69448144
It's the colours of the local GAA club, not Irish anarchists
>>
>>69448872

Not quite, although some of the symbolism would be appropriate like the resistance part.

Their flag is split from the bottom left to the top right, not down the middle.
>>
File: Green-Anarchism.png (45 KB, 578x197) Image search: [Google]
Green-Anarchism.png
45 KB, 578x197
>>69449028
>>69448872

>>69449007

Must be some local thing because GAA doesnt use those colors, thanks though :)
>>
>>69449095
It's the local club, not the GAA HQ. A club member probably died
>>
File: Ireland-Easter-March.png (518 KB, 827x460) Image search: [Google]
Ireland-Easter-March.png
518 KB, 827x460
>>69449259

BTW, the people marching with pictures of those who died before they could see the day, very sad.
>>
>>69449395
I think they are pictures of the Risings leaders. The GAA had a lot of members who took part in the rising and the subsequent Anglo-Irish War
>>
>>69449583

The one on the far right has a suit and tie on. I dont think so.
>>
>>69449611
>>69449583

(and its color)

They look like old pictures of people who were like 90 and didnt quite make it, but obviously had dreamed of seeing the 2016 parade or even walking in it for a bit.
>>
>>69449666
>>69449583

I closed the video but it was the belfast march on the falls road I believe, had part 1 in the title but I didnt see part 2.

They went on for a while, theres a lot of them. Itd have to be people who participated in the troubles if not what I assumed above.
>>
File: lily.jpg (37 KB, 600x467) Image search: [Google]
lily.jpg
37 KB, 600x467
>>69449724
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hXqluTNw39o
>>
>>69449724
I know that GAA club then. I don't think it would be Troubles related since the Risng centenary was last week. They did unveil a statue to James Connolly on the Falls and there is a Starry Plough flag
>>
>>69449935

Well, martyrs and volunteers who died I meant, but its probably what I first assumed yea.

Anyways thanks bud, I was just wondering if it was some group Id never heard of or some obscure anarchist group kinda thing.
>>
>>69450114
No worries, if you're interested in NI/ Irish politics we have an assembly election in May so keep an eye out
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.