[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
minimum wage
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 3
File: Minimum-Wage.jpg (142 KB, 640x407) Image search: [Google]
Minimum-Wage.jpg
142 KB, 640x407
Thoughts?
>>
Minimum wage is a price floor that raises unemployment. If you want wages to rise, either increase demand or reduce supply.
>>
File: Friedman_smiles.jpg (76 KB, 277x389) Image search: [Google]
Friedman_smiles.jpg
76 KB, 277x389
>>69431222
oh boy, minimum wage AND rent controls? ask new york how well those turns out

http://www.econlib.org/library/Enc/RentControl.html
>>
Idk senpai like $9 bucks should cover inflation but any higher than that you'll just turn it into a welfare state
>>
>>69431492
The rent isn't controlled.
The minimum wage is a variable of the price of rent and zip codes.
>>
exactly so the housing market is what drives the minimum wage
>>
>>69431842
>>69431679

with his formula, minimum wage in my area would be $30.77
>>
>>69431222

so the landowners get to decide how much minimum wage is? why not jack it up, its not them paying higher wages
>>
>>69431999
Jew York City?
>>
>>69431222
it would be great if the rent was from an actual free market, but that would never be allowed or even last a week before manipulation ruined it.
>>
>>69431492
ask San Francisco how rent control turned out. they also rarely grant permits to construct new apartments.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/morning-mix/wp/2016/03/29/man-moves-to-san-francisco-pays-400-a-month-to-sleep-in-wooden-box-inside-friends-living-room/
>>
>>69432126
orange country CA
>>
jacking the price wouldn't work the price would still get driven down through competition. you could open up the zipcode a little to include be a median of surrounding 5 zipcodes or change it to studio apt. rural areas one bedrooms don't really exist in my experience
>>
>>69431222

Why the fuck would an individual need a 2 bedroom apartment? Why do people feel entitled to luxuries they did not earn?
>>
I only used 2 bedroom because I've never lived anywhere that has studios or 1 bedrooms
>>
>>69432651
Because they feel like they deserve them since they accomplished the arduous task of merely existing in the year of Our Lord 2016
>>
math is gay
>>
>>69431222

Only if the % increase of aggregate demand is greater than the decrease in employment *and* the dead weight loss that is incurred.
>>
>>69432651
>WHITES ARENT BIRTHING!!!
>BIRTHING RATES PLUMMETING THE MUSLIMS ARE TAKING OVER

>wow y do u want 2 bedrooms????///
>i bet u want a fridge too! and a TV omg!
>>
>>69431336
This

Setting up a price floor for the rate at which workers can sell their labor will create unemployment, due to having a surplus of labor at that point.

You end up with a deadweight loss, because you have companies willing to hire for less than minimum wage and workers willing to sell labor for less than minimum wage, but adding a price floor on labor effectively makes this exchange (which two parties would profit from) illegal and hurts the market.
>>
>>69433355
You dont need 2 bedrooms though. Or a TV either. They are both pointless.
>>
shouldn't be a problem
https://scholar.google.com/scholar?hl=en&q=minumum+wage+unemployment&btnG=&as_sdt=1%2C2&as_sdtp=
>>
>>69431222
Why should it be a two bedroom? If anything, it should be a studio, or a broom closet.
>>
few studies actually show an increase in unemployment with reasonable increases to minimum wage
>>
>>69431679
surely nobody will abuse this by using shell homes in high-value areas while living in low-value ones in reality.
>>
File: BnTMquaCEAATJU6.png (173 KB, 599x573) Image search: [Google]
BnTMquaCEAATJU6.png
173 KB, 599x573
>>69431222
Minimum wage should be fixed and adjusted manually by congress or whichever government body. It shouldn't be indexed to a particular price because then it might cause an inflationary spiral.

Anyway, having a minimum wage is better than nothing but the real minimum wage is still zero as long as there is unemployment. The solution is for the federal government to provide work to anyone that wants it: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Job_guarantee
This approach is an objective improvement on the current system. See pic related.
>>
>>69431222
mfw San Francisco minimum wage would be $50/hr.
>>
>>69436106

we gonna dig more holes and fill them up?

japan has this issue right now. there's a point where we're just sending people to work just because
>>
I think it would be fine as an "on call" type of thing. If you're on unemployment or welfare and they need peeps for a job or extra hands picking up trash or whatever you have to take the job or risk losing the benefit
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.