[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
what does /pol/ think about libertarian nationalism? everyone
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2
File: 1457792251274.gif (374 KB, 1200x900) Image search: [Google]
1457792251274.gif
374 KB, 1200x900
what does /pol/ think about libertarian nationalism?

everyone here shits on libertarians because of open borders, but what if it was totally against open borders and there was a focus on keeping the culture maintained?
>>
Eh, it's a confliction of principles from both sides.

Quite simply, Libertarians DO value free trade. There's no getting around it.
>>
I consider myself a libertarian but strongly support closed borders. Just because you take a side on a some issues does not mean you must entirely agree with one side
>>
File: h0heL0t[1].jpg (51 KB, 725x820) Image search: [Google]
h0heL0t[1].jpg
51 KB, 725x820
>libertarianism with closed borders
That's some Cesar 'the Commie' Chavez type shit.
>>
Libertarianism solves back for immigration because without welfare and other government programs there is decreased incentive to immigrate.
>>
Sounds like an oxymoron based on every libertarian I've talked to, which is admittedly one person in real life and tons on the internet.

How exactly would you enforce it?
>>
>>69434535
Also no forced association. If Muslims showed up and attempted to enforce their shit culture, everyone would ostracize and boot them out.

Low IQ people wouldn't survive and would have to leave. A true libertarian stateless style society, would require only smart people.
>>
>>69431892
>>69434063
>babby's first glance at libertarianism

I bet you faggots use the "M-MUH ROADS" argument too.

I've never met an American libertarian who supports open borders. Even if you were to argue that truly free trade is essential to libertarianism, I'd argue that a truly libertarian society has never been attempted before. It's impossible to say what is essential and what should remain firmly in idealism. Besides, free trade implies merchants, not unwashed and uneducated throngs of individuals who do not speak your language and intend to harm you.
>>
>>69431171
That's pretty much the classical liberalism of our founding fathers to a degree. Libertarian Nationalism seems like an oxymoron of sorts but it really isn't when you just think about it in terms of the small amount of govt regulation being just the base protections. You can't have a nation without borders, and totally free trade is degenerative (that is it cannot be sustained indefinitely without some safe-guards, like antitrust for example). Libertarians will all agree that hands off approach is best, but the main topic of debate internally is what is the acceptable level of minimum government and what should the minimums be. The only thing not in accord with libertarian thought is a forceful maintenance of culture. From my perspective I've always seen that aspect of libertarian nationalism as
>you're free to choose to not be part of our culture, but we're free to say fuck you, call you a massive faggot, and do what we want to protect our ways of life. And that goes both ways.
>>
>>69431171

Based, and all the people on here who hate libertarians give literally the exact same reasons muslims do when arguing for Islam.
>>
>>69435353
Including refusal to associate, even in business. Which is currently illegal.
>>
>>69431171
Obvious contradiction, if you want closed borders you need a border defense force the size of an army or an actual army, it's a big country you need a big army wich needs management ,rules and obligations,now you have beurocracy that must be sorted and paid for and all of this costs a lot, where are you gonna get this money from? Taxes? Ok you collect taxes but now you need a tax collecting agency that enforces the people to pay these taxes, wich in it's turn costs a bit of money, you now need a gouvernmental stricture that shares and directs these funds to where they are needed,now you need laws that ensure this gov doesn't abuse this power of theirs and courts that can punish them, from there you have lawyers human rights laws, more tax money needed to fuel this sistem, you're not a libertarian you're just a conservative that wants smaller gouvernment, you can't be a libertarian half way
>>
>>69435291
>I've never met an American libertarian who supports open borders.

Then you've never met an American libertarian. Move to Canada if you really want too live in a country that's just one giant safe space. I'm sure you'll fit right in with the rest of the nu-males, if they let you in.
>>
>>69431171
Nation is a bit more than just culture. Your brand of libertarianism would be just another permutation of civic nationalism / paper nationalism, which just the thing that allows hordes of foreigners in to our lands, just because they can form the same words as we, wear the same clothes and memorise same government approved liturgy.

Now, Libertarian Racism would work. Provided that race is ours, and perverts, stupid people and people who can not think, are not given too much voice in issues. In act, Anything Racism would work better than any kind of a-racial or the current anti-racial system, provided that race is ours, and perverts, stupid people and people who can not think, are not given too much voice in issues.
>>
>>69435830
>thinking you'd need a small army to defend a border
If it weren't illegal to do so there would be people lining up by the hundreds to collectively defend their property. Particularly Texans, seeing as how they already do congregate and organize, but are legally incapable of enforcing any sort of property rights (which they would rightfully be available to do so under a libertarian government) and instead simply report their observations to the local government.

>>69436035
Not an argument.
>>
>>69435589
I'm talking about socially. Business wise it is a different story because you do not have the right to infringe on someone else based on the basics of being a protected class. It's up to the states themselves to decide how far protection of any group not outlined already goes. In business you can discriminate (and many do) outside of protected classes.

Conceptually, you can open a business that is steeped in culture in some way. You can tell your customers to take a hike if they don't like the culture, you just can't refuse them from taking part if they want to on the basis of theirs. And that extends both ways like I said. The end result is ideally preservation of culture alongside others.
>>
>>69436293
>Not an argument.

That's what happens when you start your post with with "babby's first" and "muh roads".
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.