[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why Veterans are shit
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 68
Thread images: 17
Tell me americunts, why does your country's public continue to praise veterans from a war which you not only lost. But left due to public opinion.
>>
>>69428473
Many of the people fighting were drafted.
>>
>>69428473
oh that proxy war that prevented the spread of commies
>>
>>69428568
is that still the excuse?
>>
File: 2d180054e071a7eee32be8e70cd1ccc6.jpg (321 KB, 1920x1121) Image search: [Google]
2d180054e071a7eee32be8e70cd1ccc6.jpg
321 KB, 1920x1121
Tell me Muhammed , why does your country's public continue to praise the empire which you not only lost. But left due to public opinion.
>>
File: i1XnpdI.gif (1 MB, 800x616) Image search: [Google]
i1XnpdI.gif
1 MB, 800x616
>>69428669
Because it worked for a damn sight longer than your war against communism
>>
>>69428568
>prevented the spread
>prevented
lel
>>
>>69428551
Just cause alot of them were drafted doesn't stop the shit they did. Drafted ain't some sort of immediate "Oh I'm sorry I got forced into it cry for me now."
>>
File: 1458314105613.jpg (94 KB, 419x640) Image search: [Google]
1458314105613.jpg
94 KB, 419x640
>But left due to public opinion
Our veterans have nothing to do with the fact that this country betrayed them. I'm not talking about just the ultimate surrender either. I'm talking sending troops into the tunnels with pistols, because you're worried that smoking the fucks out with tear gas would be bad PR. I'm talking about men back home going to prison or fleeing the country before even considering linking arms and fighting with their brothers, who went there willingly.

I'm talking about a kid getting his legs blown off in the name of his country, and then coming home to be pelted with rotten fruit by college students who have no concept of hardship or compassion.

That's why (some) people feel a special burden for nam veterans over here.
>>
>>69428807
name one actual communist country still around and I will rank it based on relevancy.

turns out our whole war on communism worked
>>
>>69428473
Because it resulted in a whole slew of kickass movies.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Beda3kFNjo

Music for this thread
>>
>>69428807
Doesn't matter.

You're a failure now. Stop trying to relive the past.
>>
File: image.jpg (73 KB, 640x450) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
73 KB, 640x450
>>69429459
At least the title is correct.
>>
>>69428473
>why does your country's public continue to praise veterans

I disagree with your premise, OP. Vietnam vets were treated like shit and then forgotten.
>>
>>69429328
Most notably China, which is still confidently Communist. And Cuba.

You wanna know why communism died out? because it was a fucking shitty system which would never work in the long-run. Not because of the US waging all war against it.
>>
>>69429313
Now see that's an answer I can get behind. But you're telling me that those same College Students in the 70's grew up to be like "Oh shit yeah, yay veterans."
>>
>>69429415
Tru
>>
>be Britain
>have the world's biggest arms exporting industry
>spend next to nothing on national defense
>watch as your country turns into everything Orwell expected it to
>talking shit about the one country responsible for you being as relevant as you are

Maybe when you pathetic fucks stop relying on us to defend you from mean old Putin you'll have some room to complain.

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-35930130
>>
>>69428473
Did better than you faggots would have done
>>
File: us-vs-uk (1).png (11 KB, 636x319) Image search: [Google]
us-vs-uk (1).png
11 KB, 636x319
>>69429518
>try again
>I dare you
>>
love this murrica lost the vietnam war purely on public opinion meme
they were propping up a government which was corrupt and shit
they used conventional warfare tactic for an asymmetrical war
they failed to win the hearts and mind of the vietnamese population,meaning that the commies could just replace their losses just by recruiting villagers
>>
>>69428473
Lost? A collation forces bomb the ever living fuck out of North Vietnam and brought them to the negotiating table, the coalition forces left, a whole 2 years later North Vietnamese forces invaded again
>>
>>69428473
because people are supposed to support veterans no matter where you are retard
nobodies praising them
>>
>>69429662
>Be America
>Spend the most on Defense Budget
>Why?
>Because we still think we're gearing up for a World war 3 that everyone else has forgotten about
>>
>>69429633
I'm saying that there are more people in this country than those who were college students in the 70's. I'm also said (some), because Nam veterans aren't nearly as idolized over here as you seem to think they are. The only time anyone even acknowledges Nam boys is when they're trying to crucify a presidential candidate for being a draft dodger.
>>
>>69429810
Do you support veterans of the Wehrmacht? Or about a NVA General? do you support them no matter where you are? War has two sides you know.
>>
>>69429795
North Vietnam conquered South Vietnam as America watched. I call that loosing.
>>
>>69429877
Well for some reason when news comes across that big fucker called the Atlantic it seems like you guys idolize Veterans like literal living gods.
>>
>>69429867

If everyone else wants to get together and ask America to stop playing world policeman, fine.

Just realize that the complete collapse of Syria is what happens when we don't interdict ourselves, and that Libya would have been even worse if we hadn't acted. We were the ones keeping all that shit in check, and without us, your property values are going to go through the floor.

Not like you'd remember what it's like to be a hegemony, you geriatric hemorrhoid of a country.
>>
>>69429673
I mean at least we're not dumb enough to go in, in the first place.
>>
>>69428473
Quick someone post the pic of guy said "da jew, right?" to /pol/ and got response "pure confident".
I'm in need of that pic
>>
File: UK_Space_Industry.png (1 MB, 1044x1428) Image search: [Google]
UK_Space_Industry.png
1 MB, 1044x1428
>>69429758
Easy.

Your falling behind in every metric that matters. A 90 year old prizefighter that still thinks he owns the welterweight belt.
>>
File: PEPE126.jpg (49 KB, 472x764) Image search: [Google]
PEPE126.jpg
49 KB, 472x764
>>69429942
>Wehrmacht
yes KEK
>NVA General
not my side

war has 2 sides, we get it dipshit
not supporting veterans is degenerate
>>
>>69430105
You didn't go in because England in the 70's was hardly a functioning state.
>>
>>69430078
Oh really. Is that so. Last time I checked you were bombing the country and letting the civil war continue. I mean if I saw some troops on the ground I might be impressed by your actions as International Police Man. But hey. I ain't saying anything.
>>
>>69430078
I like how Europe loves to claim US intervention causes problems then turn around and complain that lack of US intervention would be a big problem.

Odd that this flip seems to happen whenever other NATO members are asked to increase defense spending.
>>
File: 1458391673916.jpg (191 KB, 664x720) Image search: [Google]
1458391673916.jpg
191 KB, 664x720
also relevant
>>
>>69430190
Edgy I like it

Still you need a fucking reason to support a Veteran, not just because it's "obligatory" to support them for what they went through, might as well clap every woman that leaves the hospital for going through childbirth for the last 12+ hours
>>
>>69428473
I bet you'd praise American veterans when they stop Russia from cucking you and the rest of Europe
>>
>>69430215
We're literally only bombing ISIS because everyone was crying when we were going to attack Assad directly, and Obama is such an enlightened modern statesman that he'd rather bow to international opinion and let a country burn than actually act like he said he would.

At least we act on global security matters, rather than just raping the entirety of southeast Asia just because no one said not to.
>>
>>69430166
You bring up the Space Industry like that hasn't been anything more than a few trillion dollars of wasted cash which only know you're starting to bring back.
>>
>>69430472
Fucking please. What are they going to bring? T-90's and fucking AK-12's. And hell I bet I would, but at least then they'd not be fighting to stop "commies" in some jungle which might or might not even be Vietnam, and actually be fighting in a useful war.
>>
>>69430047
That news is probably coming from a journalist, pundit, or politician. Anything but godlike reverence for vets from any war is considered tantamount to political suicide (unless you're Trump....hope you guys are ready for our next president. Trump or Clinton, it's not good news for Europe, Japan, or the Middle East).

No one ever gets up on TV and goes on a teary-eyed rant about the shit the troops in Vietnam went through though. Too busy worrying about the latest felon that was shot while assaulting law enforcement.
>>
so edgy

sage
>>
>>69430490
Well maybe when your next (and may I say 10x more retarded) president jumps into play maybe they'll make the decisive step of whether you actually want to do your job as international policeman, or actually you know. Not.
>>
>>69430569
>GPS
>Satellite Comms
>TV

U wot m8?

Your falling behind on cutting edge technology, and in virtually every other field. Muslims are flooding in the meanwhile.
>>
>>69430658
They don't even need to do that they just need to destabilize the middle east more and cut off the pipelines.
>>
>>69430658
Maybe when one of these guys decides to take a right turn and head for binghamshire or wherever the fuck.

Stop acting like Britain's complete impotence is enlightened foreign policy. You're a bank with shitty, expensive coffee.
>>
>>69430078
You forced south africa into relinquishing apartheid then you gtfo before the real shit hits the fan. USA just like to intervene when it's convenient to them, not the country they're trying to help
>>
>>69428551
75% weren't
>>
>>69430904
Hey shit was gonna hit the fan with or without Apartheid. And funny fact, it's hard running an empire where half the population wants you out, then afterwards half the population complains taht you left
>>
>>69430876
Because naturally it's not like we have Interceptors of our own or anything, or that you know, it wouldn't get that close. Pretty sure the only person who'd go unnoticed on a stealth strike is the US considering they have such a hard-on for being one-up on everyone in weapons tech.
>>
>>69430871
Then we go to war with fucking them. In fact that's even better, gives us time to prep, more.
>>
i know this is probably a worthless post since we don't have as many veterans as the anglo countries (inb4 all the muh falklands shitposting) but at least here veterans are respected and held highly because most of them were 18 year old boys drafted into a massacre, and when they came back they had to rework their lives from zero with no help from the state (not until 1999)

i'm just grateful that when i was 18 i could be in my house discussing in a taiwanese cartoons board while attending college and having a decent job, when other people didn't have the chance.
>>
>>69430854
>Muslims are flooding in
>taking in the least immigrants of any EU Country

You might be right about us having fallen behind. But trust me we're trying to make full use of that body of water between us and everyone else.
>>
>>69430904
>how dare you force us to represent ourselves on a national stage

It's been 25 years and you faggots haven't collapsed yet. Go ahead and reinstate a racial oligarchy if it's so hard to teach bushmen to read.
>>
Whiny faggots ruin everything.

50 years later nothing has changed.
>>
>>69428473
Nice earily shitpost lad
>>
>>69430904

>MUH APARTHEID

nigga you've had a whole generation to make your country not shit, it's still shit. Maybe it's time to face facts.
>>
>>69431247
Did your government even consider what would happen when they marched your troops into British territory? Did the actually check the equipment of your troops?

I'll give it to you, they were pretty fucking brainwashed, remember hearing something about they thought they were "liberating" the Falklands. But they did a royally shit job.
>>
File: 1451914622486.png (67 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
1451914622486.png
67 KB, 500x500
>>69431420
Thank's I'm doing my best
>>
File: cameron-islam.jpg (43 KB, 600x300) Image search: [Google]
cameron-islam.jpg
43 KB, 600x300
>>69431330
Your problems are internal. And Islam is indeed propagating in the UK.

BBC is nothing more than a marxist news network now, and it is state-funded which is a real joke.
>>
File: policeES1807_468x369.jpg (44 KB, 468x369) Image search: [Google]
policeES1807_468x369.jpg
44 KB, 468x369
>>69431756
Oh it's propagating, just like the Indians did.
But saying that something's marxist because and linking it to it being state-funded is basically why you fucked yourselves and went into Vietnam in the first place.

I mean shit lets have a look at a nice town I call Luton.
>>
File: panicsoldiersoffended.jpg (126 KB, 748x500) Image search: [Google]
panicsoldiersoffended.jpg
126 KB, 748x500
>>69428473
because most of the people here are pavid vermin. they constantly scream against political correctness and then demand retribution if you don't worship war.
>>
>>69431756
>marxist

uh huh. sure is marxist to NOT point out that ISIS was created by Israel. sure is marxist NOT to point out that ISIS was bombed by russia and iran.
>>
>>69432173
>and then demand retribution if you don't worship war.
Since when?
Also, love how you've written off "most" of the people around you. Yeah bud, you're just one of the gifted few who can see things for how they ""really"" are. I don't like to be the one to mention a certain style of brimmed hat, but holy FUCK, man.
>>
>>69428551

Almost all combat veterans were volunteers.
Thread replies: 68
Thread images: 17

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.