[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
'Empire' Flops Overseas as Foreign Viewers Resist Hollywood's
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 59
Thread images: 9
File: meet-the-cast-of--em.jpg (69 KB, 444x605) Image search: [Google]
meet-the-cast-of--em.jpg
69 KB, 444x605
Are you Fucking kidding me Hepcats!?

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/empire-flops-overseas-as-foreign-879109

>"I love the show, and we took a big risk on it. But our courage was not rewarded," says Rudiger Boss, head of acquisitions at ProSiebenSat.1, which bought Empire for German TV.

>"Having a diverse cast creates another hurdle for U.S. series trying to break through; it would be foolish not to recognize that. We are telling our units that they need to be aware that by creating too much diversity in the leads in their show means … problems having their shows translating to the international market."

Why is this Fucking happening!? You racist Motherfuckers! FUCK YOU! How is the IOC International Courts not investigating this!?
>>
Most countries don't have basketball americans, besides I hear it is declining even among them
>>
>>69424565
>diversity
>all black

Do they even know what they are saying anymore?
>>
>expecting foreigners to care about some hippity hop crap
>>
They're catching on. Nobody wants to watch niggers outside of areas saturated by them.
>>
>cast 'too diverse for market'
>all basketball american
>diverse
>all basketball
dosen't make sense
>>
alot of hate is based off of ignorance
>>
File: image.jpg (104 KB, 377x577) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
104 KB, 377x577
>>69425638
Quality shitpost
>>
>>69425638

that explains a lot about the sjw movement
>>
>>69424565
nobody want to watch apes speaking
>>
>Everybody is a nigger
>Diversity
Right...
>>
Free market fixing it
>>
>>69424565
>IOC International Courts

What does this have to do with the Olympics?

I've seen TV adds for it here for a specialty channel of the CBC. The arts channel, despite looking pleb as fuck.
>>
>>69425602
Diverse means non-white
>>
>>69424565
Or...the show just isn't that appealing?

I'm black and I STILL don't understand why this show is/was popular in the US to begin with. It was Hustle n' Flow for TV and I didn't care to watch more black people try to make it in "the rap game".

I don't WANT to watch anything about a music label and the life of people who run them. Maybe, JUST MAYBE, it flopped overseas because the plot sucks?
>>
>>69424565

I see.
The solution to the problem is to make Germany more diverse so the show will be a success.
>>
>>69424565
>Diversity
>All black cast

top kekerino.
>>
>>69424866
They do. Now it is just made plain what they always meant by 'diverse'. They mean non-white. That's all diverse means, all it has ever meant.

They're just too comfortable with it now and don't realize they're using it outright in that fashion so we can see their anti-white racism clearly.
>>
File: white diversity.png (252 KB, 1024x1109) Image search: [Google]
white diversity.png
252 KB, 1024x1109
>>69425964
>>
>>69424565
People hate niggers, and people really hate this forced "diversity" bullshit.
>>
that shit was melodramatic and terrible

and I even enjoy steven universe
>>
File: 1458890925829.jpg (174 KB, 501x585) Image search: [Google]
1458890925829.jpg
174 KB, 501x585
>>69424565
BAD FUCKING GOYS, ALL OF YOU
>>
>>69426021
I literally would never give a fuck about a TV show about "The rap game" empire, labels and all that bullshit.
>>
Lol the one upside if white people are bred out is that these bastards will be the bitch for asians who won't tolerate their crap.
>>
File: TCLaugh.jpg (26 KB, 313x255) Image search: [Google]
TCLaugh.jpg
26 KB, 313x255
Professional looking dindus.....kek!!

Only delusional niggers must watch that show... The most accurate portrayal of black culture to date = "The Wire".
>>
>>69427714
HBO is even trying to make a a show about rock music inductry in the 70's and that isnt even watchable.

Im guessing their are appealing to their baby boomer audience because as a millennial i just dont get it
>>
>>69424565
>black people
>empire

suspension of disbelief can only go so far
>>
It's like this.

You've probably seen shows or movies from China before dubbed over for the American market. Chinese Kung Fu films used to be wildly popular. You probably have enough understanding of the dominant Han Chinese culture to pick up on broad cultural references made in the movie. But imagine you were watching some show from China set in a western, rural province. The cast is mostly Uyghur, not Han. Their practices, customs, and references would be readily understood by their countryman, but as an international viewer with no understanding of this remote, ethnic minority on China's western frontier, you have no idea what the fuck is going on. Why is that guy mad at his son for not wearing his funny looking hat? Why are all of them carrying knives? They have that many Muslims in China? Just confusion.

That is what a minority heavy US production is like to a foreign viewer.
>>
>>69425823
>>69425964
>>69426296

BINGO
>>
>>69429087

the best exports from America have always been westerns.
>>
>>69424565
>diverse

As someone who actually watches the show, this is patently false. Literally ever person in the show is a nigger, except for the wife of one of the main character. She's white, constantly shit on for it, the guy she's married with is accused of being a race traitor constantly, and the show portrays her as a nagging sociopath
>>
dont be a menace and im gonna git you sucka are movies with hardly any if any white dudes in at all and they are fucking hillarious, maybe this is just shit and forced diversity.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KNQRqAoT-2c
>>
this show really should've aired on BET if they were going to be this stereotypical about it
>>
>>69426021
The original music is good, and to me it seems pretty self-aware that it is showing niggers at their most niggerish.

For a show presumably aimed at cucked whites and black people, it throws a surprising number of red pills at you here and there. One of the sons married a coal burner, and they go out of their way to tell her she'll never be accepted as a member of the family no matter what.

Or in the season 2 premier, Hustle and Flow nigger is in prison for murdering a guy and the family stages a BLM protest to demand he be set free from jail, knowing full well he was guilty. When the niggerest guy on the show questions the morality of lying to and using BLM protesters to further a selfish agenda, his mom slapped him and told him to drop it. And it was literally never mentioned again on the show.
>>
File: AinuManStilflied.jpg (789 KB, 889x1076) Image search: [Google]
AinuManStilflied.jpg
789 KB, 889x1076
>>69424565

Every nation has an ethnic majority population in one form or another. This is the case no matter where you look. Every nation has an ethnic majority population of one percentage or another. This is not a crime. It is not an atrocity. There is nothing wrong with this. It does not mean these nations are broken, and it is not something that needs "fixing."

The fact that programs to "diversify" certain environments are targeted only at ONE ethnic group in particular is VERY telling.

I have yet to hear one white, upper-middle class, and sheltered college student decry the actions of the Japanese against the TRUE natives of Japan, who are known as the Ainu (see pictured). The "Japanese" colonized the islands that the Ainu inhabited, turned these people into slaves, slaughtered many thousands of them, stripped them of their land and rights, and still treat them with contempt to this day.

Where the hell is the outrage over this?
>>
>>69429087
>>69429377
>the best exports from America have always been westerns.

this, btfo. fucking idiot. Western rural areas have been the setting for hundreds of movies across many cultures.
>>
>>69430880
Nothing non-white people do is wrong.
>>
>>69424565
Bullshit. "Fresh Prince" was a huge hit all across Europe. "Empire" is a blacks-only show with no crossover appeal.
>>
>>69424565

Show is too unrealistic. They was only ever kangs n sheeeit not emperors.
>>
>>69424565
>IOC International Courts

Dunno what you expect the International Olympic Committee to do about it.

Also surely this show would be a big hit in Africa and Sweden
>>
>>69425409

The only TV people want to watch niggers on it CCTV
>>
>>69425638

Hes right, niggers and slimes are the most ignorant people going and hate Whites the most
>>
I always ask my nigger friends
>"Doesn't it star that guy who isn't in the new Iron Man?"
>>
File: 1371333204502.jpg (18 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
1371333204502.jpg
18 KB, 500x500
>>69432377
>be australian
>get KHAN'D
>>
>>69424565
niggers been nigged
>>
>>69432621
> nigger friends
cuck detected
>>
>focusing on skin colour and physical aspects of the characters instead of the character development and interactions, as well as actor ability
>"WHY AREN'T LIKING THE SHOW WTF?!?!?!"
>>
>>69430880
>has an ethnic majority population in one form or another. This is the case no matter where you look. Every nation has an ethnic majority population of one percentage or another. This is not a crime. It is not an atrocity. There is nothing wrong with this. It does not mean these nations are broken, and it is not something that needs "fixing."The fact that programs to "diversify" certain environments are targeted only at ONE ethnic group in particular is VERY telling.I have yet to hear one white, upper-middle class, and sheltered college student decry the actions of the Japanese against the TRUE natives of Japan, who are known as the Ainu (see pictured). The "Japanese" colonized the islands that the Ainu inhabited, turned these people into slaves, slaughtered many thousands of them, stripped...

the ainu are not the indigenous people of japan

that is literal jared diamond tier bullshit to disassociate the yamato people from the Japanese islands and so he can shill the "japan is a nation of immigrants" line
>>
>>69424866
Didn't you pay attention to the Oscars this year? Increased diversity means more black people, and only black people!
>>
>>69428854
Vinyl is fucking horrible, and I went into it expecting much more considering the talent involved. I think they already ordered a second season, which is stupid because the ratings haven't been that good.
>>
>>69424565
If you're not watching this show every time it comes on you should be killed immediately you racist fucks. They have the power to tell if you're watching tv in Britain, I bet they have the power to see what show you're watching too.

Fuck you you intolerant fucks, you make me sick. American blacks are obviously more cultured than you.
>>
>>69424565

>"There used to be a time when it had to be written that way to look for an actor with a specific ethnicity. Now we just cast whoever the fuck we want and our shit flops" says Sony Pictures TV casting director Dawn SteinBERG
>>
>>69432377

KEK.
>>
>>69424565
This clearly shows that Europe has not enough blacks.
#refugeeswelcome
>>
>>69436389
by diversity they mean sexual diversity IE. this show contains faggots
>>
File: Black lives matter.webm (3 MB, 224x400) Image search: [Google]
Black lives matter.webm
3 MB, 224x400
>>69424565
>Why is this Fucking happening!? You racist Motherfuckers! FUCK YOU! How is the IOC International Courts not investigating this!?

Look.. we have Zoo`s here in Europe too, so we dont need a god damn tv to watch monkeys
>>
File: 1443441336529.jpg (50 KB, 600x900) Image search: [Google]
1443441336529.jpg
50 KB, 600x900
>>69426000
>>69424565
Int'l courts can't prosecute against discrimination anyway, unless there are war crimes, genocide (ICC), or disputes between states (ICJ)

You could make an argument for both I suppose.
>>
>>69429377
>>69432133

You both honestly can't be that dumb, right?
He's talking about western China, not the Wild West.

He's saying that there "diverse" cast with its cultural references draws as much of a blank for us as anything made in Bollywood.
>>
>>69424565
What? We got animal planet tv channel here you know we are very progressive I mean what possible thing could the show be about that we have not already seen.
Thread replies: 59
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.