[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>be me >be 18 >living with very right leaning step brother
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 3
File: 66889793.jpg (57 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
66889793.jpg
57 KB, 250x250
>be me
>be 18
>living with very right leaning step brother
>start speaking German for practice
>he starts going off about how unamerican I am
>he says we should study "American" things such as history before going into "foreign" subjects
Does he have a point /pol/
>>
>>69424108
All a man needs to read is history... You're wasting you time, active translation will be here in like 5 years.
>>
>>69425982
Wouldn't learning it be more useful in a wider variety of situations, and me useful on my resume
>>
learn arab, somali or roach if you want to go to germany
>>
>>69424108
Why are you learning German? It's pretty much useless unless you are an autistic Naziboo or a liberal extremest that wants to move to Germany. You should learn Spanish so you can listen to the Mexicans talk. It's also widely spoken as well.
>>
>>69426916
touche anon
>>
>>69424108
Nope. Cause the more sources you can handle, the better your studies of everything else will be.
>>
>>69427074
Also wanting to become a polyglot so Spanish is on the list
>>
>>69424108
>be me
Thank god you clarified this point, I might have been lost otherwise
>>
>>69427825
Yeah alright realized that after I posted
>>
>>69424108
your brother is a fucking moron. there is nothing wrong with learning about other cultures, so long as you do not neglect your own
>>
>>69427074
Native spanish speaker here, meicans are impossible to comprehend.
>>
>>69424108
Tell him you are helping to fix America's only mistake.
>>
>>69428128
They talk so damn fast, but besides that are dialects right?
>>
File: ixSdAMb.gif (11 KB, 501x504) Image search: [Google]
ixSdAMb.gif
11 KB, 501x504
>>69428199
Damn right
>>
>>69428267
Its not the speed but the accent and the slang they use which isn't spanish at all. I think its mostly due to the fact that the ones who immgrate tp the US dont have much education.
>>
>>69428925
Yes dialect
>>
No your brother is fucking retarded.

Learning another language is invaluable no matter what it is with the except for the obvious meme languages like somali.

I have a friend who is a literal high school drop out who makes 80k a year for a shipping company because he learned mandarin.
>>
>>69429610
Thanks anon much needed motivation
>>
Also, reading up some on Roman history
>>
>>69424108
No, he is a retard
>>
Your brother is a idiot and sounds like a BLM faggot. Trying to censor thought and knowledge because he finds it 'problematic'
>>
>>69424108
I'll take things that never happened for 200 Alex.
>>
>>69430487
More so proof of the horseshoe theory
He is what I would call a hyper patriot, so stuck in America his POV cannot leave it, kinda reminds me of the people of Oceania
>>
>>69424108
No hes retarded
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (65 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
65 KB, 1280x720
>>69430688
>>
>>69430781
There's apparently a consensus on this
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.