[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Has anyone here read the Quran?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 4
File: 421341412.png (208 KB, 550x500) Image search: [Google]
421341412.png
208 KB, 550x500
I am just wondering how often it actually supports violence against non muslims and what it says about other topics (women and gays etc etc), I am thinking I might read it myself or at least memorize a bunch of the worst passages so that when a lib tries to give me the "The muslim religion isn't violent"/"True muslims aren't violent" meme I can feed them pages of direct quotes that shoot their shitty statement down.
>>
Yes, its very similar to the bible actually. Book was pretty shitty would not recommend 2/10
>>
File: pigslam.png (1 MB, 1250x650) Image search: [Google]
pigslam.png
1 MB, 1250x650
I read it just to confirm it is indeed full of crazy shit

I was not disappointed

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eowYRlnma-M
>>
>>69417008
I read some passages at my friends house. He got it just for his book collection.

Adulterers should be whipped a hundred times, adulterers should only be able to marry other adulterers and vice versa, women should cover themselves from everyone but their close male kin... That was like the second random Surah I skimmed. So yeah, it is violent, and muslims can't deny it the same way Christians can because of the fundamental differences between quran and the Bible.
>>
>>69417008

To be fair, the Quran is built to be a retread of the bible.

The Hadith's, which are accounts of Mohammed's habits, are pretty horrible.
>>
File: itsnotthatbad.jpg (347 KB, 734x1047) Image search: [Google]
itsnotthatbad.jpg
347 KB, 734x1047
>>69417008
Yes. Honestly, Idk how mudslimes get away with calling it the "religion of peace" without being laughed out the room or beaten for their sheer stupidity.
>>
>>69417561
Yes I wanted to know the stories in The Hadiths as well I just couldn't recall the name of what it was, I have heard in that book he basically justifies rape and beating non believers and gays and so on and so forth.
>>
File: islam_is_peace_righttttt.jpg (176 KB, 720x551) Image search: [Google]
islam_is_peace_righttttt.jpg
176 KB, 720x551
>>69417665
>>69417665
>Idk how mudslimes get away with calling it the "religion of peace" without being laughed out the room or beaten for their sheer stupidity
You have the wrong understanding of peace, pic related
>>
>>69417665
About half of muslims hold views that we would consider radical or evil. They enable terrorism and are guilty by association.
>>
>>69417008

Pretty much the first chapter (if you can even call it that, the book is really strangely put together) has a real "beware of the jew, the christians and the nonbelievers" tone to it. If I remember properly, the book starts off instantly stating how great Muhammad is and how only the infidel questions his greatness, how the infidel plots against both god and Muhammad.

Let's just say that I read one chapter and I was done.
>>
some Pakistani Muslim was trying to get me into islam. I read the first sentence and realized how stupid it is.
>>
>>69417865
Hmmm well this actually does clear things up about islam a bit. A nuclear explosion that killed everybody would in fact mean peace on earth. So maybe nukes are weapons of peace.
>>
>>69417008

For the record, many mosques will give you a free Quran if you ask for one - not the cheap bible's that you get in a dank hotel, like the pages are gold leafed, multi-color, works of art.
>>
About half way through, reading in chronological order.

Definitely not a "religion of peace". It's not incredibly violence though, my main takeaway is how much of a stick up his ass Muhammad has about everything (to be expected though).

It's a pretty dry and repetitive read, above all else. If you want to understand what Islam teaches about violence and jihad you'll have to understand things like fiqh and exegesis, you can't necessarily pull out individuals quotes out, one way or another.
>>
>>69417865
[insert image of memeht the second here]
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.