[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Eastern Orthodox or Roman Catholic? What are the main differences?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1
File: 53456345.jpg (49 KB, 372x459) Image search: [Google]
53456345.jpg
49 KB, 372x459
Eastern Orthodox or Roman Catholic? What are the main differences?
>>
>>69412826
No denomination has retained their traditional culture like the Eastern Orthodox has. Having said that,
>Not Filioque
Really?
>>
>>69412826
Both have the clerical aspects that Christ warned about but Orthodox has the greatest ability to really pull people towards Christ and not condoning our sins or living in our sins.
>>
>>69412826

Slav vs. non-Slav
>>
>>69412826
Eastern Orthodox is more pure basically. Plus the chants are great

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hp1gOhr4_Tg
>>
>>69412826
The main difference, (and pretty much why eastern orthodox even exists) is the Pope.

>Roman Catholics
Follow the Pope.

>Eastern Orthodox
Don't follow the Pope, but have recently come to terms with him
>>
>>69412826
Orthodox is Christianity. The only adaptations are acceptance of any pagan custom that is not downright in conflict (eg, bathing) and language.
Catholicism is a rogue bishopric that went secular-political and used theological "reforms" to back geostrategic maneuvers.
Protestantism was made up by Jews to destroy Christianity.
Mormonism is openly Satanic.
>>
>>69412826
Both worship the Jewish jinn Oy Yahvey.

The difference is like the difference between Marxist-Leninists and New Left.
>>
>>69413732
What should I were to go to an Eastern Orthodox Church for the first time?
>>
>>69414942

1. Purchase adidas tracksuit
2. Go to Russian church
3. A nu cheeki breeki i v damke
>>
>>69414036
And the crusades only served to deepen these differences. Latins never should have chosen petty rivalry over Christian unity. Among other things like refusing that bibles be translated to local tongues, when Latin itself was a translation to the local tongue in the West.
>>
>>69415267
kek

>>69414942
sorry I've never been ;_; I'm United Methodist. But I really want to change, it's a watered down denomination, and the only Protestant ones I know of that aren't lukewarm are fairly heretical.
>>
>>69412826
Catholics will not burn in hell for eternity
>>
>>69412826
>filioque
>esoteric vs. Philosophy
>Orthodox priests can marry
>dispute over the nature of Rome's supremacy
Other "theological" differences come mostly from orthodoxy not having to deal with the Reformation so especially matters of Sin are more codified in Catholicism.
>>
>>69415519
The Byzantine empire literally sold Christians to Muslims as slaves.
>>
Catholicism is more legalistic, Orthodoxy is more mystical.
>>
>>69416639

Legalistic is not the right word
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.