[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Annexation of Cuba
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1
File: cubaoursnow.png (54 KB, 490x228) Image search: [Google]
cubaoursnow.png
54 KB, 490x228
What would happen on a geopolitical scale if the USA invaded and annexed Cuba?

Military victory would be easy.

I assume good portion of Cubans hate current regime, so we use these to find loyalists and reeducated them or send them to gitmo.

Besides harsh words from the UN, what would happen? Why would another nation risk bloodshed to intervene?
>>
>>69407993
>"Boots up his video game."

Well. In this far off scenario.

I would liberate a third of the island, declare it a Free State, and let the other two thirds remain under Communism. Inevitably, the population would sort itself out through self-selection biases. The trouble however is to repopulate the sympathetic population to one side, and keep the communist side on the communist line. It turned out well in Korea, but it failed in Vietnam because Deng's radical Catholicism fucked up the regime. Nevertheless, there is outright cold war precedent of this practice.

I could get more technical and effective, but IDK this is autism the question, desu.
>>
>>69409410
It also worked well in Germany. So it was a two out of three game for us, in essence. But again, it gets more complicated because there are whole new categories of strategies to give the same effect.
>>
>annexing Cuba
Have you learned nothing?
>>
>>69407993
Communist Cuba owes a bunch of debt to a bunch of countries and refuses to pay back loans

I dont feel like having to pay those debts
>>
>>69407993
Northern Cuba should be part of the United States, making Havana as it's capital. And the Southern one except Guantanamo Bay should be part of the Dominican Republic, making Bayamo as it's capital.
>>
>>69409881

how does that work out if a country annexes Cuba though?

that's why I asked the question.

What happens to things like this you mention?

is there a manual on this sort of thing?
>>
>>69407993
We don't need anymore spics
>>
>>69409665
>"Drinks mountain dew on his armchair."

IDK if this would be a good idea. As it stands, I believe it's a bad idea to do something like this. Nevertheless, there are means, but more importantly, Communism is a terrible economic system for an Island Nation.

Yet I decided to spell out the means because this isn't my decision to make, to be absolutely honest. Although to be frank, there are again even more effective ways to handle this process through long-lost concepts than this.

>>69409992

Again, it's possible to be better than this, but I have no authority to speak on this because not my choice. Nevertheless this is the beginning of the template.
>>
Better question, what would Russia do?
>>
>>69409665
Guam worked out, faggot. They're so greatful to be a part of the empire, they SPEAKE ENGLISH! Hell, they're the laziest sacks of shit I've ever met, and they're still better of than you. Are only mistake was granting Cuba independence in the first place. Learn some gratitude, Mestizo.
>>
>>69410396

Push for the Baltics through hybrid warfare, using master judo level of rhetoric. He'd mirror all the actions and then fuck shit up. If it was any Russian Leader other than Putin, I would be more optimistic. But Putin is the kind of man you can't give a foot, or he'll throw you off balance. He's too much of my mind.

The thing is, there is so much more relevant information that kind of elevates the game. In theory, it's possible to push Havana off balance like Tehran. But in some ways, it'll work better.

I see a clear path. But again, not my position, not my responsibility. This is just arm chair fedora shit.
>>
>>69407993
Why bother? Give them "free" trade and they won't even have sugar canes to export because of our heavily subsidized corn syrup.
>>
>>69410396

They annexed Ukraine and no one blinked.

so I expect the same.
>>
>>69411015
Florida eliminates most of the function Cuba served, like the point you made. And the collapse of the Soviet Union removed the threat of Cuba itself. The only point of doing something like this is because there are no other pressing opportunities.

The fastest way to American defeat is to whole-sale occupy the Island and succumb to another asskicking from guerilla warfare. Which is why I'm speaking up about this because people get the wrong ideas.
>>
>>69407993
No. They made their commie bed. Let them lay in it.
>>
One other thing. Learn what Batista did wrong. The reason why Cuba fell is because they made the same mistakes Colombia did, but their version of "FARC" became the government. Comparatively, Bolivia did everything right because it gave enough concessions to labor to eliminate a Far Left threat.

Again. This shit is possible, but so many of us can fucking die if we decide to try and repeat our mistakes again. Alternatively, new strategies can make this process even more effective, but nobody teaches those kinds of things anymore.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.