[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is law the most red-pilled university degree/career ever?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1
Is law the most red-pilled university degree/career ever?
>>
>>69390648
They are 90% hard left.

Look up the agenda/website of your local Young Lawyers society and see for yourself.
>>
>>69390648
Law and legislating from the bench became the way to implement a hard left agenda without having to it out the electorate, or allowing the electorate via parliament, the ability to over turn it.

Modern Lae and the judiciary have become the new politburo. Able to decree and make up new law without ever having to face election or reeclection, and without the electorate havijg the right to overturn the decree.

Just recently a US court overturned a law that allowed the deportation of alcoholic immigrants. The court made up a decree that it wasn't a justifiable reason to deport the person. No parliament can overturn that ruling. Just another little example of the new tyranny of the lefts take over of the judiciary:
http://hotair.com/archives/2016/03/26/court-you-cant-deport-illegal-immigrants-just-for-being-drunks/
>>
>>69392517
>>69393211
in australia maybe
>>
>>69392517
>>69393509

I can't comment on people that actually practice law, but I took one criminal justice class in college and it was pretty heavy on the sociology shit.

Big focus on determinism and 'muh rehabilitation.'

When you see stuff like this:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/local/dc-politics/cities-have-begun-to-challenge-a-bedrock-of-american-justice-theyre-paying-criminals-not-to-kill/2016/03/26/f25a6b9c-e9fc-11e5-a6f3-21ccdbc5f74e_story.html?tid=sm_tw

... I think there's some kikery going on.
>>
>>69394233
sounds like you didn't actually study a qualifying law degree/course

At least in my experience it's having legal practice hammered into your brain, not writing a 2000 word essay about what you think on prisons and dindus.
>>
>>69390648
i follow law and the only reason i'm still getting the degree is because i have time and money invested that would otherwise have gone to waste

it's filled to the brim with naive and emotional women these days, and most professors are leftist as fuck

i once had a discussion in a work group of about 30 people about wages and women who should recieve a smaller salary in some sectors because going away for a few months to have a baby is gonna fuck up your relation with clients

the entire class turned on me and i'm pretty sure it affected my grade
>>
>>69390648
No
>>
/law/ thread?

Okay, dig this law:

Everyone that commits a crime of malicious intent (as opposed to negligence) which claims, threatens or endangers the life of an innocent person, should face the death penalty.

This would include armed robbery and assault with a deadly weapon, for example.

I think this is a good law because we need to exterminate people that want to hurt others. What do you think fellas?
>>
>>69395963
>we need to kill people who hurt people
>>
>>69396046

Yes, absolutely.

But I think the death penalty is a bit extreme for a fist fight, for example. Simple assault&battery or burglary should just give you prison time.

But if you're pointing guns at people or beating people with baseball bats... into the oven you go.
>>
>>69395963
I disagree because punishment has a set of vital aims to accomplish:

>punish the offender
You've got to deter it somehow.
>protect the public
this is quite obvious
>reform
Alright, this is the one people will disagree on but I genuinely think everyone should be given the chance to reform, no matter how heinous their crime. They may never actually get out of jail if it's an actual lifetime sentence but they can learn to actually be useful in the prison if they actually behave well, like work in the library, work at the visitor's reception, plumber etc. Earn a bit of money on the side for themself and treat themself on amazon.co.uk, or earn privilege like get a laptop in their cell

Obviously this last point isn't possible with the death penalty.

Also, answering death with more death.. it's barbaric and doesn't solve anything, and it a crap deterrent. It's something that islam would do.
>>
>>69390648
Wouldn't Philosophy be the most red pilled field of study, since its main focus is to simply debate truth?

Whether it's useful or practical in a career environment is an entirely different matter.
>>
>>69397765
It's full of libturds and DUDE WEEDs
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.