[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Educating the poor
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 3
File: px4stormcompact_zoom001.jpg (87 KB, 791x600) Image search: [Google]
px4stormcompact_zoom001.jpg
87 KB, 791x600
>Be me
>Paying off wife's student loans
>Once I have no debt, I want to help others
>Love guns
>know *almost* nothing about them outside of COD

I want to eventually start an organization that educates poor working class folks like myself at a very cheap rate/free. I want to get gun education in schools. Classes on Concealed Carry, hunting, gun safety, etc

I have developed the belief that the 2nd amendment is as sacred as life itself and that guns/education on guns should not be restricted simply because people can't afford a class or license to get one.

Is there an organization like this already?
This is my dream.
>>
>>69384774
What did your wife go to university for?
>>
>>69384903
Elementary education
>>
Yes its called boy scouts of america
>>
>>69384774
>Paying off wife's student loans
C U C K
U
C
K
>>
There sort of is but that doesn't have to stop you from going out and helping people now does it?
>>
File: (163).jpg (114 KB, 1359x960) Image search: [Google]
(163).jpg
114 KB, 1359x960
>>69385049
naww dont be a faggot, he loves her and he's the head of the family
>>
>>69384774

People dont give a fuck. They just want their gun
>>
>>69384774
>I want to get gun education in schools.
In a post 9/11 environment?
You have a better chance of becoming part of the 1%
>>
>>69385307
after reading elementary education i thought at least its not some shitty gender studies degree hes paying for.
>>
>>69385370
This.

You'll have to offer gun classes in your own organization
>>
>>69385273
The reason I ask is because I want to learn ahead of time what kind of legal issues Ill have. I'm sure I'll get a lot of flack from local politicians, women, faggots, etc.
I'm curious as to what kind of licensing I'll have to have to actually give these classes away, as I'm guessing it's different than just teaching them
>>
>>69385531
my one year old knows some sign language, that's about all the good it's done me.
>>
File: orwell_rifle_quote.jpg (402 KB, 2620x2218) Image search: [Google]
orwell_rifle_quote.jpg
402 KB, 2620x2218
>>69384774

You can organize group trips to a range. Most of them offer safety/CCW courses and you can offer to foot the bill for your group. Look around for ranges, get to know the owners and see if you can't work out a group rate if they don't already have one.

As far as education in schools I don't know about public schools but when I was in high school in the mid 90's my school had a rifle club. Perhaps donations to similar clubs (assuming they still exist)
>>
>>69384774
You can put on private lessons yourself and charge a nominal fee.

Please read my blog post of how I went from COD babby with a passing interest in guns but kinda scared because no one educated me to gun lover and owner.

Basically a friend took me to the range and ran me through the basics a few times. Finally took the plunge on my first pistol, but no ammo to finger fuck it and learn everything about it. Few days later, got ammo and hit the range, observing all safety precautions, clearing the weapon everytime it left or entered my hands, etc. Blah blah bought more guns and now I have 4 with the fifth in the mail to my local FFL dealer. The end. It's really that first introduction that is the biggest hurdle. If you could help get some people over that, then good on you buddy.
>>
>>69385667

What are you even looking to do though? Just safety and general laws/tips on guns? Also it'd help knowing which state you're in.
>>
>>69385370
Do you think that difficulty would also apply to private schools?
>>
>>69385307
This guy is a cuck. 4 daughters and 0 Sons?
>>
>>69385950
Yes.
Private schools have a reputation to uphold.
>>
>>69385928
>Also it'd help knowing which state you're in

This OP, we need to know what state you live in.

It matters A HELL OF A LOT.
>>
>>69385928
Safety especially, but the end goal is to get people the licensing they need for the kind of carry they want. I'm in Colorado now, but I'll be between here and Illinois over the next decade. Big contrast, I know.
>>
>>69385950
Although, schools in the south might be more receptive, but I still doubt it.
>>
>>69385667
Considering you know nothing about guns, have nothing in the way of capital, and are naive enough to believe you'll ever see firearms education reintroduced into our nation's failing school system without a dramatic twist of fate, this is the only thing you have going for you.

>I have developed the belief that the 2nd amendment is as sacred as life itself

Godspeed on that. Buy a gun, go out and shoot it, do your best to educate and be educated along the way. Firearms really aren't hard. They are the world's first point and click interface.
>>
>>69385307

What's with conservatives only having girls?
>>
>>69386232
>colorado
>Illinois
Nahh, two of the biggest anti-gun states. I don't think Illinois even has legal conceal carry, behind california and Newyork.
>>
>>69386013
Gun education shouldn't affect a schools reputation in a bad way.
This is part of the point of this (hopefully) one day organization. People shouldn't have this OCD about guns.
>Guns in school?!
>They'll kill everyone
>>
>>69386532
Greater likelihood they'll get to use their gun when their princess starts seeing boys.
>>
>>69386666
checked
>>
>>69386593
Illinois got it, but it's $400 after class and license app.
>>
>>69384774
NECESSARY
Youtube
In Search Of The Second Amendment
Book
John Lott More Guns Less Crime
Sites
Box Of Truth (backyard testing of different gund and calibers ising boxes of water)
Slickguns (price comparison)
World Guns Dot Ru (general articles)
http://www.imfdb.org/wiki/Main_Page
Source
/k/ - seriously, lurking on /k/ made me a gun owner. The average age on /k/ is higher, the maturity and seriousness is higher, and they're very friendly and helpful and resourceful IF you're not a bratty little punk.
>>
>>69386604
Yeah, I understand that. Liberals will buck and holler if their children are being taught about guns.
I'm not trying to discourage you, I think the idea is wonderful, but I'm trying to be realistic.
>>
>>69386344
I have >>69384774 pic related and RRA AR15
I've been to the range a few times and know trigger discipline and not to point a gun at shit I dont want to kill.
As far as getting guns back in schools, that's the final goal of what this organization would shoot for. Educating people before they decide that guns are the soul evil destroying the world.
Eventually, at some point, I'd hope that my organization could convince you that there's at least a chance you could have gun safety as an extracurricular in a school.
http://www.huffingtonpost.ca/2012/02/29/jessie-sansone-gun-drawing-mcguinty_n_1310263.html
>>
>>69384981
Sounds like a perfect opportunity to combine your goals and arm the poor children.
>>
>>69387479
I hate that that is the reality of today. I still am gaining a feeling of responsibility that I have to change that. If kids grow up afraid of guns, what the hell kind of pussies will kids be 100 years from now?
>>69387137
This is my first thread. Been lurking on 4chan for about 5 years. /k/ has been great in encouraging my gun enthusiasm.
>>
>>69388029
If you're willing to do research and participate in any way you can in educating people, I wish you the best. It's a danger to be stuck in the confines of "I want to start an organization that educates or pushes for education". There are a lot of others out there, and this is largely a falsified 'astroturf' narrative propagated by media that gun owners, people with a concept of personal responsibility, or who acknowledge their right to defend themselves are outliers in society, let alone deranged. Getting involved will present opportunities galore for you and better your chances of establishing an organization of some kind in the future with an even more cohesive and achievable goal.
>>
>>69384774
>Be OP
>paying for wife's prior cockquests

Cuck.
>>
>>69389813
Thank you for your contribution to the thread.
>>
>>69385871
Right now I am just introducing friends friends that dont know to some friends that do know a lot about guns.
Any liberal friend I've convinced to shoot a gun at the range loved it. They always do.
>>
>>69384981
>Elementary education
Shouldn't you learn that in elementary school?
Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.