[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I just finished season 2 of the Island. If you have not watched
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 5
File: The Island men.jpg (33 KB, 590x350) Image search: [Google]
The Island men.jpg
33 KB, 590x350
I just finished season 2 of the Island. If you have not watched it, please do. I've never laughed so hard at a survival show when it was an episode on the women, and I have never cared so hard about an episode of a survival show when it was about the men. Please, if you really want a quality laugh marathon the women episodes. To give you an idea of how stupid they are, they get lost in the forest for over a week, and drink basically unfiltered pond water.
>>
>>69372582
Thanks for the tip.
But this aint politics m8
>>
>>69372795
It is politically incorrect.
>>
>>69372795
it's politically incorrect
>>
>>69372917
double message for you, sven
>>
>>69372917
Maybe it is but it fits more into the tv board or some shit
>>
>>69373062
fair point
>>
Its the perfect microcosm about the differences between men and women.

The men quickly have friction from alphas trying to establish dominance. One takes charge, leads the group to where they need to go.

After the leadership thing is eventually resolved (with several people leaving) they fall into a routine based around surviving. They divide the workload so some men gather firewood, some gather water from a pond for purification, some try and gather food.

They build themselves a society, and whilst its not always smooth (they are starving for most of it because of the lack of food) they genuinely form a bond, becoming a tribe.

With the women, its completely different. They are all warm and comforting with each other off the bat, and try to have a kind of group democratic decision making thing, which doesn't work well. They split up into two groups, one woman gets the first group utterly lost in the jungle and the second group doesn't make any progress in terms of setting up a camp, building shelter, or trying to find the other group that has gotten lost. Bear has to intervene so they dont die from dehydration and give them a new fire starting kit.

Throughout their entire time on the island, they aren't able to establish a basic society. Jobs aren't scheduled and performed, they only do them on a subsistence basis, so they are constantly dehydrated and never build any form of proper camp or shelter. One of the older woman complains about having a bad back, it doesn't occur to ANYONE to try and build a bed instead of just sleeping on the ground.

A guy in the mens camp built a bed to help out another member who was suffering, then they all ended up building beds after they all woke up one morning covered in insect bites.

The women were given two pigs to eat by the crew, and failed to do the basic task of killing and eating them, instead naming them and then moving camp without taking the piglets with them.
>>
>>69373872
Also what was really interesting was seeing into the minds of men contrasted against those of women.

The men in the camp all spoke about their relationships and their partners, one of the older men who was the group 'dad' spoke with such tender and affection for his wife the other guys all commented that it was the one thing they wanted to take from their experience - a deeper appreciation for their loved ones and partners.

The women had no such emotion or affection. They made crude cock and nob jokes, and backstabbed and bitched about each other. They were able to be friendly on the surface, but there was virtually no real bond forming between them.

I doubt any of the women kept in touch after the show, whereas all the men (who stayed instead of leaving early) said they would like to.

In short, it was the perfect demonstration about the differences between men and women. Men have always been the ones to build and create, not women.
>>
>>69372582
Got a link to a torrent or something?
>>
>>69374299
Try http://www.watchseries.li/serie/the_island_with_bear_grylls

Season 2.
>>
>>69374203
well put, britbong
>>
>>69374413
Thank you
>>
>>69374413
Is season 1 just as good too?
>>
>>69372582
I remember when we had that week where we were livestreaming it.

Does anyone have the image of the retarded as fuck route the women took where it basically looks like a pasta dish?
>>
The way the men and women talk about their partners is quite telling, the men talk very highly about the women in their lives, one man was brought to tears when it was his wedding anniversary and another built a raft in honor of his wife and daughters. Meanwhile on the women's island, no joke... they would often talk about penises and giving or receiving oral sex.
>>
>>69374203
that's because women have a parasitic mindset

parasites are solitary, selfish creatures, they compete against each other for a host, and once they find one, they suck them dry and move on the next one

it's ironic that our brains are programmed to love, protect and help women, while their brains have none of those limitations
>>
File: average pol bait thread.webm (3 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
average pol bait thread.webm
3 MB, 1280x720
>>69372795
Meh, it fits the theme of the board and is a sight better than the 300th "Are big black cocks redpilled?" thread.
>>
File: 1440460349151.png (246 KB, 432x432) Image search: [Google]
1440460349151.png
246 KB, 432x432
>>69376335
I got pretty pissed at the "doctor" woman making fun of some guy's small dick.

Like what the fuck. Like what if he was watching that show and saw her laughing at it.
>>
>>69376203
I just read about it, and no. Season 1 is men only.
>>
File: 1432264468866.jpg (891 KB, 1560x2744) Image search: [Google]
1432264468866.jpg
891 KB, 1560x2744
>>69376334
No but I do still have this.
>>
Is it worth the 10 hours or whatever time out of your life when we already have great plot summaries and analyses (seen above and in the dozens of other threads we've had on this)?
>>
>>69376986
I already have that image saved anon, but thanks.
>>
>>69374413
what do I click on to watch it? It seems like a confusing website. Sorry
>>
>>69377079
it is only 13 episodes, and you can make it seven if you only watch the women episodes and the final summary thing at the end. most episodes are like 44 minutes without commercials, and i watched them on youtube. so there were not constant commercials.
>>
>>69377421

Try this for the first episode (episodes alternate between mens island and womens island).

Click on an episode, it will give you a big list of various video hosting services. Pick one, see if the video loads (some won't as they old, out of date, slow, or hidden behind paywalls).

Vidbull seems a reasonably reliable videohost.
>>
>>69377855

Forgot to actually post link :

http://www.watchseries.li/link/vidbull.com/1005440
>>
Just looked up Season 3.

>The Island with Bear Grylls, Series 3: sixteen men and women enter the wilderness – and this time they’re together

So it's already confirmed for shit then?
>>
>>69378003
Yeah that's been done by 5,000 other shows and has no value.

>>69377674
Alright, thanks. I'll give one a try on YT.
>>
>>69378003
To be fair bear has been hammered every time with allegations of sexism. No women? Thats sexist. Mens island and womens island? Thats sexist, because the women did really badly.

>>69377079
Depends what your time is worth. I think it very succinctly illustrates the differences in men and women. It crystallized lots of half formed thoughts and experiences I had, I realized every woman I have known or been around, I have ended up doing jobs or tasks for them in some fashion. I once wired up some girls flat with ethernet cable because I had lived with them a year earlier. Didn't really have any relationship with them beyond that, I didn't get anything out of it - they didn't even make me a fucking drink whilst I was working. Instead of trying to do it themselves, their first recourse was to get me (a man) to do it for them.
>>
does anyone have a torrent for season 3?
>>
File: 1459276268131.jpg (41 KB, 676x581) Image search: [Google]
1459276268131.jpg
41 KB, 676x581
Wow. You guys have some serious issues with women.
>>
>>69378003

So feminism wins again?

Those poor women shouldn't have to all the work themselves. The Men, aka Rapists should be with them and tend to their every will
>>
>>69379177
...What?

Objective, evidence based truth is just us having serious issues with women?

Nice shitpost. back to tumby for you
>>
>>69379177
You're one of those cunts that called the show sexist because the women were consistently worthless the entire time, aren't you?
>>
>>69380460
Its like race realism - some people cannot accept that people might just be fundamentally different from each other, and we are all better off living separately.

I don't hate women in the slightest, im just more realistic about what to expect. I don't expect a woman to be unwaveringly loyal to me as a male friend might be. I don't expect to be able to cry or show weakness or emotion around a woman because I know that deep down, its not something they want or desire.
>>
>>69373872
Wait wat
Women were given two pigs because they were starving, didn't ate them, named them, and them left them behind to die?
>>
>>69382378
Yeah, none of them seemed to take their situation seriously enough to try to actually survive, they knew deep down no one was going to let them die there, whether or not it was subconscious is another story.
Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.