[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
'Empire' Flops Overseas as Foreign Viewers Resist Hollywood's
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 5
File: 1459349881680[1].jpg (864 KB, 2000x1314) Image search: [Google]
1459349881680[1].jpg
864 KB, 2000x1314
>But the show has been a global flop. In the U.K., the first season drew a middling 717,000 viewers on Channel 4's youth-oriented E4 network, a mere 3 percent share, and season 2 has been worse, averaging a 2.2 percent share with 595,000 viewers. The show first season averaged 181,000 viewers on Australia's Channel Ten, prompting a shift to the smaller Eleven network, where season two has averaged just 77,000 viewers an episode. In Canada, broadcaster Rogers Media moved Empire off its free-TV network City after season two ratings dipped to 208,000 viewers, shifting the second half of the season to its online streaming service Shomi. While in Germany, Empire, which aired in primetime on Pro7, one of the country's leading free-TV networks, attracted less than 1 million viewers per show and fewer than 4 percent of the national audience, a fraction of the channel's regular draw.
http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/empire-flops-overseas-as-foreign-879109

Why so intolerant? It's just like bringing in media refugees.
>>
>>69361084
How is having black people on tv a push for diversity? Can we not have black characters?
>>
>>69361084
Because in reality no one wants diversity, only liberals and jews.
>>
>>69361084
I kinda liked this show
>>
>>69361084
Bill Cosby Show was huge in Germany, constantly rerun on several channels.

Until last year.
>>
>>69361635
No surprise there you jungle monkey.
>>
>>69361635
>Brazil
well...
>>
>>69361084

>Diversity

What diversity are you/they talking about? There's only blacks in that image.
>>
the shows a flop in the US as well, but someone keeps throwing money at it thinking people are actually watching it

no one watches it

you don't know 3 people who regularly watch it
and never will

shit is just marketed everywhere because someone is already too far deep with their shitty investment
>>
The show started off good, but just started dragging and it feels like they really lost the plot.
>>
File: 0% accuracy.webm (894 KB, 470x360) Image search: [Google]
0% accuracy.webm
894 KB, 470x360
>>69361084
>diversity
>show features American blacks exclusively
>>
File: NIGGER.jpg (1 MB, 2000x1314) Image search: [Google]
NIGGER.jpg
1 MB, 2000x1314
always that one nigger
>>
>>69361205

Well no, you definitely can, but it doesn't play well at all overseas.

I think the broader lesson the article is pointing out is that Hollywood's recent talk of quotas or major overhauls to promote more black actors in big movies/shows just isn't very practical when marketing towards the foreign market.

Of course this was said about The Force Awakens as well, that a black lead character would flop overseas (especially in China, a huge market) but it did fine even with that. Other side of that coin is that a Star Wars movie will always make money, black, white, purple, whatever.

If Hollywood was thinking of shoehorning black actors into big roles for the sole purpose of having a black actor, this will hopefully serve as a bit of a wake up call.
>>
>>69362637
But it's pretty good, though.
>>
File: cast of Empire on set.png (3 KB, 810x608) Image search: [Google]
cast of Empire on set.png
3 KB, 810x608
>>69361084
Why would you talk about a TV show and then just post a picture of a brown rectangle?
>>
It used to be a good show, well written and acted.
>>
>>69362791
we wuz kangs n quains
>>
>>69361084
>diversity
A cast is all blacks and they call it diversity?
Day of the rope fucking when?
>>
I'm sure it has something to do with the Brit voice overs on the ad mispronouncing the title as "Em-Pie Ah".
>>
>>69362559
burt hes got a white suit you degenerate
>>
>>69362883
My thoughts exactly, However, I'm going to play doubles activist here and say what they mean an all black cast among predominantly all-white shows.
>>
Did anyone else find the new star wars film to be total shit whenever the empire wasn't on screen? I didn't. I don't know if it's the nazi imagery or the fact that people feel more engaged when they see people like them on screen.

I just did not care for the rebels.
>>
I really like Empire
> Drip, drop, drip, drippity, drop

Should I feel bad?
>>
>>69362883
Silly anon. Don't you know thay diversity means "no whites allowed"?
Come on, it's the current year!
>>
>lets air black shows in countries with no black people.
Hollywood confirmed retarded
>>
File: 1458662686819.jpg (98 KB, 940x627) Image search: [Google]
1458662686819.jpg
98 KB, 940x627
I wasn't even aware that thing existed.
>>
>>69361084
What? I was told it was best rates show ever, they tried to push it hard on us as fuck. I did not even give it a chance though because niggers do not interest me so meh and I already have animal planet.
>>
>>69363221
Empire was actually interesting and sympathetic compared to the bland Mary Sue hero and her pet nigger
>>
>>69363525
It's basically dumping. I'm sure the European networks bought it for fuck all and everyone involved is thinking "you never know!"
>>
>>69363221
Have yet to watch the new Star Wars, the movie did not seem interesting, just a bunch of overrated women and negroes on screen and I already got HBO.
>>
>>69362743
kek that webm

How can you call eurpoos cucks when you pull this shit, america?
>>
>>69364563
>when you
The Jews.
>>
>>69361084
>"It's color-blind casting," says Sony Pictures TV casting director Dawn Steinberg.

Yeah, there it is, the berg i was looking for.
>>
>>69364402
same. i probably will never watch the latest star wars.
>>
>>69364278
Kekd
>>
>>69361205
>Can we not have black characters?

THere are already way too many blacks on tv as is, well in excess of their population.
>>
>>69361084
>Havens also draws a distinction between shows like CSI and Shonda Rhimes' Shondaland productions (Grey's Anatomy, How to Get Away With Murder), which feature "black faces but non-ethnically specific kinds of stories" and are often very successful worldwide — and the "specifically black stories" of series like Empire and Black-ish, which tend to sell only to smaller niche networks outside the U.S.

It's almost like people know that black culture is so barbaric that it shouldn't be promoted
>>
>>69361084
It's almost like people want to associate with people like them
>>
>>69364330
Is she going to get blacked in the sequel
>>
>>69361084
If it didn't fly in the UK then it's not because niggers. Every fucking english series of the type country side / hospital / hospital in the country side is filled with darkies and white women pairing up with them.
>>
Dindu's dindu nuffins with overseas audiences.

The rest of the world have no been subject to decades of brainwashing.
>>
>>69362149
That was a good wholesome family show.

I can't stand niggers, but I liked the Cosby show as a kid.
Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.