[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Do depression medicines work?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 85
Thread images: 7
File: JewishCompany.jpg (28 KB, 271x347) Image search: [Google]
JewishCompany.jpg
28 KB, 271x347
I've been kind of depressed lately and my dad, who's a doctor, tells me that I should take pills. I was reluctant to take them any further because I had become impotent and was unable to ejaculate (yes I masturbate). He keeps telling me they'll work but I haven't noticed any change desu.

Then I have a Britbong friend telling me that they actually don't work after reading an article on /pol/. I was not convinced until after I jewgled, "Do depression meds work?". The first result was a WebMD website and it gave alot of evidence that it did in fact, work..

However I went down even further, jewgled "WebMD company" and read on Jewpedia that actually, 2 Jews, owned the company. A fellow named David Schlanger and another fellow named Steven Zatz.

Looked up their last names and they appear to be Jewish. Coincidence? I think not.

Remember /pol/, if you feel depressed, nothing can help it but yourself. There are no medical cures in this world except those that actually get rid of things like antibiotics or cancer cell killers.

Because if they cured you. you wouldn't need a constant supply of drugs, you would only need one single drug to take and that's it.

This is how the pharmaceutical companies make millions and billions of dollars, because they exploit people's illnesses and create "helpful drugs" to "counter" them.

One day we'll have actual cures to things, but I doubt the Jews will let such a thing happen.
>>
>>69360441
Yes they work but they always have random bad side effects. A guy I know used to be on wellbutrin and it cured his depression but made him thirsty all the time. Shit like that...
>>
>>69360581

I don't know who to believe anymore.
>>
Finding one that works for you can be a arduous task.
No alcohol or drugs can be used in conjunction with them or they will not be effective.
Get an exercise routine going & see if it changes things first.
>>
Mine did not work and destroyed my liver, I'm too much of a pussy to finally kill myself as much as I want to. No pill can resolve the futility of life and the eternal void we shall soon be slipping into
>>
>>69360441

No I tried loads of them, over 7.

An anti-psychotic has worked wonders for me for my OCD though, it's the same drug schizophrenics take.

SSRIs are bullshit.
>>
>>69360441
No, I tried zoloft/setraline. It makes you more robotic, no emotions at all, low energy. You get weaker since the protein synthesis is weakened by SSRI's. Also no sex drive, ED(possibly). I firmly believe they exist to shut down dissidents, make them into robots of society. Good goyim etc
>>
>>69360441
Pills don't work effectively on their own. They are useful in situations where your life, safety, and the well being of others is at risk.

If you just pop pills and don't do anything with your life then your still going to be depressed.

I went off pills because they killed my drive and barely worked. I would rather deal with my mental health on my own and for the first time in years I finally think I'm feeling balanced because I'm being proactive.

Doing nothing just makes your brain atrophy and makes it worse.
>>
>>69360441
Take a nootropic like piracetam. Antidepressants will make you kill yourself
>>
>>69360441
Never try 1, not even 1 pill. I'm too bored to elaborate further just know I was fucked big time by them and I'm lucky i recovered, use your brain and think. If you indeed decide to try them it's still worth for me, 1 less idiot in the genetic pool who had been warned but didnt listen
>>
fuck go outside and get some sun (no sunglasses)
>>
My depression has been particularly bad over the past 5-6 years. I've been on various medications for it (wellbutrin, venlafaxine, and Prozac) and none of them have worked. I'm going to a neurologist to ask for electroshock therapy to see if that works. I want to see if a combination of ECT + antidepressants and Adderall work.

I'm pretty desperate at this point.
>>
I think Nootropics work better overall. I've been on tricyclic antidepressants, SSRIs SNRIs, etc.

excercise, get plenty of sun, take zinc, magnesium, b vitamins, and supplement choline, 5htp, possibly have your testosterone checked, and look into Kratom to alter your k opiod receptors, and phenylethylamine to boost your overall neurotransmitters
>>
>>69360441
No. your life will still suck.
>>
>>69360441
Pills dont work, if on the rare case that they do, they are just covering up the problem.

Go for a walk, or go for a run, or ride a bike. Stop drinking, do something fun, these are true ways to get over depression.
>>
>>69362085
>>69362085
>No, I tried zoloft/setraline. It makes you more robotic, no emotions at all, low energy

This. Also still a depressed KV. Don't do it.
>>
any doctor who isn't working with you on behavioral therapy is a fraud. you need to learn how you respond to stress and anxiety/ bad ideation and actively retrain your responses to negative stimuli. it'd have a much higher chance of success than just pills and electricity.
>>
>>69360441
Yes. As much as is sucks to admit, they work. They have been the difference between living or killing myself. I don't think I'll ever be able to stop taking them.
>>
>>69360441
Anti-depression drugs can't magically cure your depression, for that you'll have to find the cause of the depression and a way to stop it from affecting you.

What anti-depressants do is help you cope with depression, kind of like >>69362085
mentioned. Ofcourse that's not the only type of emotional effect drugs may have, but generally this is the most consistant one.
>>
They work but you've literally got to throw shit at the wall until it sticks. Each dosage, drug, and brand has different effects on everyone.
>>
Stop taking drugs and start going to the gym. Frankly it cured my depression. Was at the point of killing myself, my friend started dragging me along to the gym. I got in the habit of it and it started making me feel great. Now when I feel like shit I go workout and then I feel great again. Try it
>>
Currently on lexapro, works for depression, kinda schlongs me when it comes to sex though. I have trouble getting and keeping boners. Also ejaculating is sometimes near impossible
>>
>>69360441
They do actually work but they do not solve the root causes or removes the disease just makes you ignore the symptoms and they do so by being drugs, just legal drugs that do the same thing that alcohol or cocaine do which is to mess with your serotonin and dopamine

You would get better results with less side effects smoking weed and worse results with heroin and Coke since they are much stronger. They are drugs

Legal drugs, nothing more.

Solve the problem or be a lifetime addict of legal drugs or do illegal drugs and be an addict as well or again, solve the underlying cause.

Rest of the shit in this thread is just ignorant uneducated paranoia. It is not some crazy secret, drug makers wanna sell their drugs and goverment like legal drugs to drug citizenry /thread
>>
File: 1458504063129.png (431 KB, 1280x640) Image search: [Google]
1458504063129.png
431 KB, 1280x640
i know the cure...it's friends...if you don't have any friends you need to start selling drugs. you'll make some in no time!
>>
Depends if your depression is caused by a chemical imbalance in your brain or a shit life.
>>
Fluoxetine worked reasonably well.

On a side note, Codeine worked perfectly, (prescribed for a separate issue)

It started making me go deaf though, so I had to stop taking it.

Now I just hope for an early painless death; an end.

Life is suffering.
>>
>>69360581
Wellbutrinfag here, can confirm. The part of me that wishes I was dead is pretty quiet nowadys, but I'm thirstier than an /r9k/ fuccboi.
>>
How to rid depression:

>give yourself one month of sobriety, no drugs except caffeine from coffee
>read /fit/ sticky, start doing SS, clean up your diet
>spend 10 minutes meditating each day
>find an artist (musician, writer, etc) that you identify with and become an expert on their work

People are depressed these days because life is too easy and lacks a purpose. Master yourself. Stop spending so much time in your head. See the world. Experience new things. Depression is narcissism disguised as depth
>>
>>69362684
Jesus Christ, work out and get a fucking grip. Change yourself. Stop pill shopping for a miracle cure.
>>
>>69363960
What is wellbutrin like? I'm on an SSRI right now (for anxiety, not depression, not that it matters I guess) and reading up on wellbutrin makes it seem more like a stimulant (inhibits reuptake of norepinephrine and dopamine to some degree appearently.) I do like the emotionless effect of SSRI's, I don't believe men should be emotional anyway, but something that gives me more energy would be great. I've got exercise covered, my job is incredibly labor intensive. Honestly, I probably don't even need the meds anymore, I just really enjoy being in an altered state of mind.
>>
>>69360441
I used to think antidepressants where pharma bull, but then i started taking hydroxyzine hcl (for dermatitis herpetiformis), while it is a first generation antihistamine, it also has anti anxiety, anti nausea, and anti depressant qualities. But I found that they really can be effective. I have come to be much more extroverted and happy on them (and I tend to be a lot more raunchy and reveal my power level more), but there are also some down sides. I stopped for a bit when i was smoking weed with my bro when he came back from college and became supper lethargic and unmotivated. I though this was the weed, but when he went back and I stopped smoking I still felt the same. It didn't hit me until I began taking my pills again that I was now probably addicted to these bitches, because I took one and was feeling happier than I had been in years for hours after taking them.

tl;dr they can work, but be carefull, life will never be the same afterwards
>>
File: EU (2).jpg (148 KB, 712x567) Image search: [Google]
EU (2).jpg
148 KB, 712x567
The best remedy is probably exercise. Let's face it, we sit on our asses 50 hours a day. If exercise doesn't help then you might be in need of meds.

I'm not depressed but I hate this multicultural society. Lifting and running helps me from slashing the throats of politically correct scum.
>>
I was anti drugs until I got prescribed to vyvanse. Now my 4am shitpost game is giving Australia a run for its money.
>>
>>69364029
>>spend 10 minutes meditating each day
Underrated.
In my deepest pits of woe I listen to an hour of Deepak Chopra. It worked for me.
>>
>>69360441

>They work!
>side effect is killing yourself
Depression doesn't need a pill. You're not a baby boomer, not everything is solved with a fucking pill.

Go see a shrink or find out what makes you sad.
>>
>>69364567
I haven't personally noticed much of a change(aside from not wishing I was dead all the time), but my family and coworkers tell me they notice I'm much more relaxed.

Also, it didn't fuck with my dick, which was the case with the other antidepressants that I've tried. If your dick doest work, what's the point of feeling better?
>>
>>69363938
Here's a secret I keep from my friends and family: I was a vicodin addict for 2 years and a heroin addict (insufflated only) for one. I hate to admit this to myself, but I don't think I will ever have a better time in my life than the period in which I was taking opiates every day.

I don't do it anymore because it's way too expensive and keeping a supply every day is too much of a pain in the ass. If I had a constant vicodin prescription, though, my life would be absolutely fantastic. Opiates are truly a gift from God.
>>
>>69360441
I take Venlafaxine 225mg a day, without it i would go crazy.

literally the withdrawal is horrific.

I went mad 10 yrs ago, the SSNRI's keep me from killing people, or at least the need to.
>>
>>69360441
They work.

If your intention is killing your sex drive.
>>
Ive been on them for years, all different kinds.

They suck when they dont work, some are really bad side effects, but if you find the one that works, it can be a game changer, but you need to actually be depressed, not some special snowflake.

That said, while they help a lot, its just treatment, ultimately you should use medication at first, but learn to beat depression and keep it back, then ween off and keep doing good.
>>
>>69360441

>getting medical advice from /pol/

ISHYGDDT
>>
>>69364843
Exactly that and sun light with fresh air
>>
>>69360441

The best currently on the market with few downsides is Seroplex ® i think.

But it's one of the more expensive, of course.
>>
>>69365215

best get it from a pompous doc wbo views you as slime and also gets kick acks for fuck8ng with your neuro chem8stry
>>
>>69365192
Agreed, with Venlafaxine its hard to climax.

I can only liken it to a M5 BMW being limited to 155mph, you just hit a wall, you are restricted.

It sums up these drugs

it puts you in a bubble, you can't get too excited and you can't get too depressed, everything is just ...acceptable.
>>
I've been taking Cymbalta for ten years. My heart felt lighter the morning after the first dose and for the first time in years, I opened the curtains and let the sunlight flood my living room. If you'd asked me before, I wouldn't have even realized that the curtains were always drawn.
I couldn't describe any side effects to you. One bad thing is the withdrawal symptoms are hell should you run out of them... So I try hard not to do that.
>>
>>69365215
Actually, who better ? We're all a bit crazy aren't we?
>>
>>69365406

yeah its like a shitty opiate addiction that doesnt feel good
>>
>>69362930

Fuck all that shit I did it all, eventually your liver and brain will hate you and anxiety and depression will return way harder

Eat healthy, exercise, have good job and hobbies, have gf, drink alcohol and use Marijuana in moderation as needed at end of long days
>>
>>69360441
No.

Depression isn't a real illness. Get on with it like all other humans have done since forever.
>>
>>69365232

Getting enough vitamin D is probably vital

http://harvardmagazine.com/2015/05/is-vitamin-d-a-wonder-pill
>>
>>69362930
kratom will fuck with your endocrine system and also your mood very significantly. retarded idea unless you dont care of the consequences
>>
>>69360441
They don't work, don't listen to your dad. It will destroy your life. These medicines actually increase your chance of suicide, look it up. The only reason most of those medicines get approved is because of fudged results, they don't perform better than placebo
>>
>>69365882

All natural argument appeals to retards, oh let me overdose on tons of non regulated substances bc if they were bad they'd be schedule like weed, right????
>>
>>69360441
Yeah, your dad is a slave to the Jews after decades of study. He doesn't have your best interest in mind
>>
>>69365964
i think most take the holistic angle where psychoactive plants with no immediate toxicity are good. its a pretty dumb lin3 of thinking
>>
>>69365872
Don't fall for supplements if anything they will give you too much and an excess of vitamin D is bad for your health real bad.
>>
>Have to come to /pol/ for help with mental illness
What a time to be alive.
>>
>>69366285
vitamin D isn't toxic until you take 2-3x the daily dosage, and your body won't produce vit D from the sun if you have sufficient dietary supplies
>>
>>69365726

You don't believe that there's such a thing as mental illness?
>>
>>69360441

>Because if they cured you. you wouldn't need a constant supply of drugs

Depression drugs are not intended to be sustained treatment for the rest of your life. They ameliorate impairment during depressive periods and reduce risk of near-term relapse.

They just aren't well studied for their ultra long-term effects and still operate under homeostasis - tolerance and withdrawal.

If your psychiatrist is feeding you happypills for more than 6 months, he has no clue what he's doing and you should see a different therapist. Try CBT (low risk, philosophically grounded), or try really anything else. Take a hit of LSD so as to parallel clinical studies on the drug.
>>
>>69366466
Nice dubs. Of course people don't believe in it, because they have no experience with it
>>
I trust highly educated doctors more than some jew conspiracy naziboo.
>>
>>69366679

cbt is kinda retarded. you just set goals and the worker tries to identify negative thought patterns and tries some rationalization tricks to help cope but there are legit causes of depression that it wont help most of ie endocrine issues
>>
>>69366412
LMAO
Sorry but this is wrong

Thousands of new cases every year of toxic levels in USA even more.

You are obviously a shill, making the same arguments literally that the supplement companies do.
>>
>>69366679

Depression in my family arrives at the onset of puberty. My symptoms don't consist of me moping around the house. Instead it's about back pain, anxiety, hypersensitivity, mild agoraphobia and enduring long periods of intolerable hopelessness. My ability to connect meaningfully with people is stunted and inconsistent.
I didn't grow up with any unusually traumatic experiences but I did three stints of therapy, the last taking two years. The therapy was purely so I could find out why I felt this shit.
All I can offer is a testimonial that anti-depressants can help.
>>
>>69360441

Psychiatric drugs are mostly bullshit. Along with psychology. Paxil fucked me up big time. My emotions have been dulled since I took it over 3 years ago. Doctors and scientists barely have any idea what these drugs do to your brain other than their mechanism of action. Also, depression can't be diagnosed like a normal disease. They basically are guessing what might be wrong in your brain and are throwing random drugs that alter brain chemistry to fix it. Most people who are given drugs probably don't even have some sort of chemical imbalance. If you are stubborn and you still want to try one, take Wellbutrin. It raises dopamine which is awesome. Do not take an ssri, serotonin is shit and only suppresses your emotions. Wellbutrin made me insanely horny. Paxil(ssri) has made me feel like a zombie. And then there are the withdrawals...........I could go on. Good luck.
>>
>>69367000

CBT doesn't purport to identify the root cause of depression, it is just an empirical fact that aberrant thoughts happen to accompany depression. They claim that the distorted nature of these thoughts cause a feedback loop between cognition and mood that helps perpetuate depression. It's a therapy, not a cure
>>
I was forced to see a jew psychologist because I got caught with weed in high school. She was very quick to diagnose me with depression/anxiety and tried to get me to take her happy pills. I said no, told her to fuck off multiple times, and eventually got my shit together and stopped seeing her. Never took those pills.

Fucking jews, I wasn't even using /pol/ at the time and now looking back its like a fucking parody. They really are evil fucking creatures.
She tried to get me hooked on that shit, without really helping me out.
>>
>>69362930

>kratom
>alter opioid receptors

It's a fucking opioid agonist. The same as morphine and other opioid painkillers. Fuck off you literally have no idea what you're talking about.

>don't listen to this man
>>
File: Figure.jpg (184 KB, 1233x754) Image search: [Google]
Figure.jpg
184 KB, 1233x754
>>69367219

How severe is your depression?
>>
>>69365069
Agree. I have a script for them i refill every month. I love to drink bourbon and beer and take about 30-45mg. They make life a pleasant blur.
>>
>>69360441
you should only use amatriptalyn
>>
>>69365061
>go see a shrink

That's who prescribes antidepressants, Hans.

>depression doesn't need a pill

Optimally, One has to go through clinical tests with a psychiatrist to get the antidepressants. Depression is an unbalance of hormones in the brain. Only way to get that is by pill form if you can't naturally produce them.
>>
>>69368024
She was trying to get you high legally anon.

>>69363706
>>
It's really hard to stop once you start, withdrawl is a real bitch.

I take 20mg of Escitalopram a day. It tunes down the sadness and the nasty thoughts but it harms your attention span, ability to concentrate/focus and such.

I took Aripiprazole for about two weeks, it completely drained me empty. I will never ever touch them again, still wasted a lot of money though. Got jew'd
>>
>>69360441
Not in my experience. I always felt more sedated and medicated than relieved. Kind of like how narcotics don't really kill pain, they just fuck you up so that you no longer care you are in pain. That's basically what ADs did for me.
>>
File: 1458949306249.jpg (38 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
1458949306249.jpg
38 KB, 400x400
>>69362085
>setraline

this explains one of my classmates

before setraline she was quite redpilled and we had lots of common ground

after starting her prescription she slowly started turning into some SJW type thing

9 months after her first dose she wears problem glasses and accused me of sexism for implying that testosterone enhances muscle growth

the jews make the few women who talk against the status quo un-fuckable so the gentile men would go MGTOW.

i'm still in disbelief.
>>
>>69367219
Sounds alot like me. What worked for you?
>>
>>69366466
>>69366708
Poor assumptions from both of you.

1) Not what I said, is it UK?

2) How would you know what people have "experienced", moron?

Maybe you wouldn't be "suffering" so much if you learnt some comprehension.
>>
>>69368105
Gonna have to stop you right there, if your opiate has acetaminophen in it, you are FUCKING your liver by taking those and alcohol at the same time.

I do have good news though, as I also loved vicodin and whiskey: I did a shitton of research on it back when I took them regularly, and read a few studies on how to prevent that. Turns out, if you take a "s-methylmethionine" supplement, it kicks out more of the enzyme that binds to acetaminophen, thereby preventing damage to your liver. If you plan to drink while you're high on those, take those supplements. The brand I used to get is called Gastrazyme.

Here's a couple of those studies that I looked at (one was from the Mayo Clinic but I can't find that one...)
>https://med.stanford.edu/news/all-news/2009/11/common-herbal-medicine-may-prevent-acetaminophen-related-liver-damage-says-researcher.html

>https://www.google.com/patents/US8685956
>>
>>69360441
easy quic fix scam

knowledge is the only rael cure for depression
>>
>>69368105
Oh, also curious, what is the script for? How did you get that?
>>
>>69362085
Look up how people put to mental asylums were being handled and "treated" in 1800's. Look up the whole history of psychiatry, and what was done very recently and based on what kind of theories. Modern psychiatry is the continuation of the same shit but with chemical means under scientific authority.

The theories used when selecting "medications" are just rationalizations and intellectual props, when no measurement of "patients" brain chemicals are made and no one knows what is that individuals base line, from which they say he is deviating and trying to restore him into.

I've seen people immediately after getting medicated. They're zombies. It's vile fucking shit, and people doing it are not humans.
>>
>>69367219

That's funny. It was pretty similar with myself and all of my siblings. Once puberty hit we all kind of went to shit mentally for no good reason.
Thread replies: 85
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.