[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why are tech companies such cucks and determined to alienate
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 4
File: gimme.png (15 KB, 297x301) Image search: [Google]
gimme.png
15 KB, 297x301
Why are tech companies such cucks and determined to alienate the demographic that made them successful? I work in event planning for a big convention center. Tech companies are the only conferences that have "Code of Conduct" policies and while other industries have might have a token talk about minorities in the industry, tech companies fall all over themselves pandering to anyone who isn't a white or Asian male. Different conference fees (often waived) for "marginalized" groups, lots of talks and handholding sessions for anyone who wants to blame their failures on those who are successful, etc. We don't see this stuff when there is a convention of woodworkers or gerontologists. Only tech conventions. Why is this industry so fucked up when it comes to social justice pandering?
>>
>>69350256

Universities brainwash the fuck out of people.

Film at 11
>>
>>69350256
the people in the companies are white and asian males. when they look at how they can make more shekels they see that white men are demonised so targeting them would give them a bad name, so they go after minorities to get more money. Also they probably want some pussy
>>
Mo money for dem programs

Quite literally
>>
>Why are tech companies such cucks and determined to alienate the demographic that made them successful?

The people who do the actual work in these companies don't do the talking.

This is probably some stupid meme shit from HR.
>>
>>69350256
>We don't see this stuff when there is a convention of woodworkers or gerontologists.

that's going to change, shitlord
>>
>>69350256
Serious question, are there really that many minorities that are interested in coding and software engineering?
>>
>>69350256
Most employees at tech companies are highly educated, so >>69351572 applies far more heavily to the tech industry than other industries. Tech requires skills that most niggers are not capable of having, so the racial/gender disparities are even more pronounced.

It's the perfect storm of incompetent shitskins and guilty liberals.

>>69351718
This doesn't play as much of a role in the industry as in academia, where researches are all vying for limited funding.
>>
>>69350256
>hy are tech companies such cucks and determined to alienate the demographic that made them successful?
Because they're part of an agenda which seeks to shift demographics of homogenous white countries from white to ''mixed'' (i.e; non-white). They want to establish friendly relationships with their future customer base to increase sales, but the primary objective is to instill in the ''new population'' trust in authority. The point of White Genocide is after all to create obedient mongrels too stupid to rebel against the new authority and the new aristocracy.
>>
Let's do an audit of Black Girls Code. I wonder who the money goes to and how successful they are
>>
>>69352104
this
>>
>>69351867
They are interested in the idea of it and the status of it but not actually doing it.
>>
>>69350256
What do tech companies spend money on?
> Computers, Software and People.

What do tech companies make money on?
> Computers and Software.

Where, then, will tech companies try to cut costs without undermining their own business?
> People

More people in tech = wage depression and more people starting small companies that struggle to stay afloat and do work for amounts that don't even "break even".
>>
>>69351867
Had a liberal feminist tell me that there are so few because "they won't let them in the career field. "

It's a conspiracy man
>>
>>69351867
About as many as are interested among any other demographic, which is to say "not many".

The trouble is that while many white and asian and indian men might pursue that interest, not a lot of others will.

There's also the idea that software and tech is a "cushy" job. At lower levels yeah, sure -- you're the equivalent of a laborer for a tile setter or an architect. You do the grunt work.

At higher levels most of this skill level peters out and you are left with few people who are truly good engineers -- the designers and the architects. The oush to get people "into" STEM is teaching them 'coding' and web design and shit -- not the actual engineering part of the process. It's gonna cause a lot of hurt, all because nobody wants to admit that most people just aren't as autistic about software engineering as I am.
>>
File: Microsoft think they slick.jpg (133 KB, 1200x627) Image search: [Google]
Microsoft think they slick.jpg
133 KB, 1200x627
>>69351867
Hell no. But free shit, am I right? Pic related is how they get their benefits.
>>
>>69351867
Feminists and such think that programming is basically like this video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Og2EBG4N5M
>>
>>69350256
>supporting minorities somehow alienates whites and Asians

Wut?
>>
>>69350256
Why is it pandering if you are trying to source the best possible employees from everywhere? Since when is coding exclusive to white boys in USA?

t. developer
>>
>>69351867
They see something they haven't completely shit up yet and want to seize the opportunity.
>>
Easy marketing, nothing more. They will just adopt which ever cause is popular.

They also do seem to view social justice as a useful ally in driving down wages and working conditions using foreign employees on visas.
>>
>>69352798
I'm fucking triggered now. Don't come near me.
>>
>>69352307
Basically this
>>
>>69352798

This is so fucking embarrassing, it makes me never want to do business with shapeways again.
>>
>>69353076
Why not more women welders, trash collectors, or boilermakers? Those are male dominated fields
>>
>>69352884
The narrative is that supporting whites alienates minorities so why are the standards not applied the same way?
>>
>>69352973
It isn't. But if you're trying to get minorities into the industry then you need to teach them more than just how to "code". Most of the "white boys" you're referring to are educated in best practices and design principles and know the mathematics behind what they're creating.

If these drives teach people those principles? Fine, great. But if it's just giving them a workshop on Python or web dev so they can spend a year as a junior programmer at a tech company and then go into project management because they're too retarded to actually design something, then that hurts the industry.

There's way more factors at work here -- tech is so strong because it's a meritocracy. Giving more people more chances to succeed is good. Lowering the standards of the industry to make auccess easier is extremely bad.
>>
>>69352307
>>69352604
Yeah this is the sense I get as well. Tech jobs pay well, and minorities tend to be poor so clearly putting more minorities, and therefore more people, into well paying jobs wont have any effect on the salaries for those positions and fix poverty. Hooray for Liberalism and Cultural Diversity.

>>69352589
>The push to get people "into" STEM is teaching them 'coding' and web design and shit -- not the actual engineering part of the process
>It's gonna cause a lot of hurt

This is the something I legitimately worry about because essentially what seems to be happening is people are being prodded into "lower skill" versions of these jobs. They aren't actually creating educated professionals, just employees with a singular skill. What happens when this tech bubble pops or more training and education is required? Wont these people be in the same boat they were previously? It doesn't seem like it's actually solving a problem.

>>69352798
Jesus Christ that video...
>>
>>69352589
Because push into STEM isnt actually push into STEM, but like you said more into "design" and "coding" rather than actual engineering. So "T", rather than "E" nevermind S or M.
BTW jobs in hard science let alone math are not well paid, not relatively, and there is just as much politics as in any other academic field, if not more (bc more prestiguous prizes etc)
>>
>>69353303
>yfw "minorities" in Germany are actually killing it, bc there arent enough native German software engineers.

I know so many people who left Serbia to work in Germany in the field
>>
File: 27576547634676.png (24 KB, 210x200) Image search: [Google]
27576547634676.png
24 KB, 210x200
>>69350256
>Why are tech companies such cucks and determined to alienate the demographic that made them successful?
Because the children they're encouraging aren't a threat.
The original audience that made these tech companies rich is now creating its own companies, operating systems, and even computers like the raspberry pi movement.
The original audience is moving away from these companies and taking sale with them.
They need a new audience of useless, lazy consumerist drones (women) and they're trying to keep them around by constantly patting them on the head and saying "good job. Gold star." for every single insignificant step they take towards their goal of self satisfaction.
>>
>>69351841
Not a good idea to fuck with people who have power saws.
>>
>>69353355
Low level software jobs (think your basic 40k a year "coder" in a small dev house) are seen as cushy and are a benchmark for a successful career, and wages for them are inflated by giga-companies so you'll read about the lowest level retards at Wayfair or even Amazon making dickloads of money despite having no real skill.

Because they're easy jobs, and they ARE easy jobs that are supposed to lead to much, much, much harder jobs, people see them as low hanging fruit to profit while beating the mean old patriarchy at their own game.
>>
>>69353419
I dont think its lowering the standards at all. I actually think its fucking ridiculous that some white boy can get a degree in Stanford and earn 15 times more than a junior dev here, for the comparable (lack of) knowledge.

But hey I am looking forward to Americans -- black, white, Asian, male, female -- losing their ridiculously overpaid jobs in software engineering to people like me.
>>
File: 1458767616023.jpg (75 KB, 1080x1080) Image search: [Google]
1458767616023.jpg
75 KB, 1080x1080
>>69350256
1. People have a poor view of history. They believe stupid narratives like "Christians caused the Dark Ages". People have cemented technology with progressive politics. (Funny to think that in the past, such as WW1, technology was in part seen as the enemy that killed so many.)

Because of this they deem progress as "good" without thinking of far reaching consequences. You give every 5 year old kid a tablet or smart phone to save yourself some effort in the parenting. People don't know the effects. They just do it.

2. This is then combined with the middle management effect. As tech companies grew so did their workforce. The problems of oversaturation of non-tech people into these roles, further distancing work forces from eachother.

Read any book on work place psychology or better yet, go to any office and see the hundred people who shouldn't be in middle management. Promoted for one reason or another. They don't even know what the work place does. It is like when you were a kid having your mum try and ask what you're doing on the computer. She doesn't know. But she will dictate your hours and could even go all controlling.

3. Look at 90% of these "indie developers" on twitter. Most of them are leftist/liberals. Most of them know no code or use a ready made games design program. Most of them are actually "writers" or control some creative aspect of the game that doesn't involved actually making it. It is the same process of control over the production.

They have effectively seized the means of production - to go all Marxist on you.

4. It is a burgeoning industry, seen by many as sorta glamorous or am easy way to get rich so most people expect it to be easy to transfer into.

I'm just rambling at this point. Have a picture of a hot chick.
>>
>>69353865
You're an idiot, you should be making them inflate your pay not keep it shit tier, which they are currently.
>>
>>69353865
Tell you what man, you can design an entire business rule engine or your own shopping cart framework or a caching system that brings request times for a high traffic service down by 90%, then good on you. You deserve that high salary.

You don't deserve a goddamn dime if you think coding a wordpress site makes you a software engineer, and THAT is what these people are being encouraged to learn. This is what is going to happen.

PHP isn't going to teach you good object oriented design.
>>
>>69352973
The best minorities don't need these programs. They can make it through traditional channels on their own like every other productive member of society. It's when they try to make middle school dropouts feel like they're real coders in order to boost their self esteem that the trouble starts.

Check out this "engineer" that managed to get himself arrested while cashing his dem programs check given to him for showing up to one of these free shitty code camps.

https://storify.com/rodneysampson/adayinthelife

Keep in mind, this is all from the dindu's point of view. According to the news, what really happened is he's tried to pass bad checks before and they thought this was a stolen or fake again. These are the types of monkeys they want to dump in every workplace.
Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.