[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
> conservashits
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 137
Thread images: 8
File: image.jpg (76 KB, 480x480) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
76 KB, 480x480
> conservashits
>>
How is it walmart's fault that it's forced to pay taxes to subsidize its employees terrible decisions with the welfare state?
>>
Le bump
>>
>900,000

Itsfuckingnothing.jpg
>>
>>69351124

> each Walmart
>>
They've already raised it to 10/hr everywhere.
>>
>>69349155
How much would those same people be collecting if there was not a walmart willing to employ them?
>>
File: 1353966427799.jpg (197 KB, 700x700) Image search: [Google]
1353966427799.jpg
197 KB, 700x700
sage and report spam / bait
>>
>>69349155
This makes me laugh but this is just false data. They cut employees and raised wages.
>>
>>69349241
Because they come in, destroying local shops, and you either do as they say, if your town - city didn't grow as intended, or you watch the only Jobs leave.
Now, the next generation is raised by BallsMart.
Fuck BallsMart
>>
>>69351124
Now multiply that 900K by how many Walmarts there are in america, you fucking moron
>>
>>69351947

Fuck off JIDF
>>
>>69352936

Still considerable amount of tax payer money Walmart is taking you fucking dense cock sucking conservashill faggot
>>
>>69349155
>its wallmart's fault that single mothers and other degenerates cant get real jobs
>>
No bodies hiring some of the people Walmart hires.

Walmart beats up everyone to have the lowest prices making the poor persons dollar go further.

Steal their business template and Managment template which 100% legal to compete with them or shut up.

Inheriting your dads grocery store doesn't mean you should get a lake home and a speed boat anymore.
>>
File: image.jpg (28 KB, 300x295) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
28 KB, 300x295
>>69349155
>>
I've been working at walmart for eight years. Ask me anything on the subject.
>>
>>69354145
Tell us about experiences with negroids.
>>
File: image.jpg (9 KB, 200x200) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
9 KB, 200x200
>raise min wage
>companies fire human workers and replace with automation
>people beg for more money and an actual job
>mfw I will build the robots that will cause people to starve and become poor
>>
>>69349155

When Trump brings back jobs, Wal Mart will have to compete for labor and will have to pay more and treat employees better.
>>
>>69353928
Wow man you addressed nothing and basically just did a little PR post for Wal Mart. How about you kill yourself?
>>
>>69352215
>local shops
You mean those places that charge double for everything?
>muh walmart boogyman
>>
>>69354145
Have you stolen from them? How much do you currently make?
>>
>>69351124
It's about 4.500.000.000 Dollars. I counted as 5000 stores but there are a bit more.
>>
>>69349155
So essentially you are saying Walmart should not accept EBT and food stamps?
>>
I agree with this sentiment. The bottom line is that someone is going to have to subsidize the poor: either the employer or the government/taxpayer. Right now, it's the latter, and that's bullshit. Companies should be forced to pay employees a livable wage. Otherwise, it incentivizes people not to work at all. And if paying a livable wage leads to fewer jobs, then so be it.
>>
>>69349155
So the welfare state that you wanted is now corporate welfare? Fuck you, libtards.

>paying people to not work thereby making the people who pay people to work pay more to get people to work is welfare for the people who pay people to work
>>
>>69354344
charge double for everything and pay their employees less.
>>
>>69354654
What's wrong with that though? Here we just give raw food products with no company labeling. That way we know you can't buy coke or some shit like that.
>>
>>69354274
I live in a white part of the northeast so I don't interact with them often. I can say that I have to bust my ass because the new hire in my department is some African who can't speak much English so I can't stack commands or ask too much from this person.

The best I can hope for is that this lazy nigger gets fired or moved around before I return to work on Saturday.

>>69354489
I think the only thing I have stolen is a sandwich when I forgot my bank card some five years ago and some ipod headphones I found in my department before they started locking them up.

I currently make $14 hourly, but if you consider the 5-8 hours a week I have to work FOR FREE to make sure my department is in proper order, it's somewhat less than the wage stated. The help I get is usually lackluster as stated in my reply to the other anon.
>>
Wow really? Let's look at Walmart's 10K

http://d1lge852tjjqow.cloudfront.net/CIK-0000104169/4786b903-a9b4-4cca-91d3-e72399fa09c1.html?noexit=true#

Under the income statement, you can see that Walmart pays $8Bn per year in income taxes.

That's Walmart, THE CORPORATION. Not the employees, not the managers, not the shareholders' capital gains. Just the corporate taxes.

I think that $8Bn covers it, and then some.
>>
>>69349155

>>conservashits

Did you know that Hillary Clinton was on Wal-Mart's board of directors for 6 years?

Did you know that Alice Walton still contributes to Hillary Clinton?
>>
>>69355009
Why would you work for free?
>>
>>69355354
You have one of two options: Either you get everything done 100% or don't, and face the consequences.

Another reason for this thinking is to show how incompetent my coworkers are when I am away on a paid week off or my usual "weekend". I have no other place to go for employment since I don't have a GED, so this will be these best wage I will ever have and will do what ever it takes to sustain it.
>>
>>69355289
2 of her brothers, I forget their names, support Hillary and the Dems too now.

If you look up the top 20 richest people in America more of them vote Democrat than Republican.
>>
>>69355617
How does it make you feel knowing I am making 15.80 an hour 8-5 Monday thru Friday at age of 21 ?
>>
>>69355998

Why are you doing this?
>>
>>69356223
Why not ?
>>
>>69356377
>>69355998
Both me, switched on wifi.
>>
>>69355998
I'm not upset or anything. Maybe a bit jealous of your shift because I work overnights and watching a sunset feels alien to me.
>>
>>69356507
Want some advice for an easy to get into career field ?
>>
Fact: the Walmart employees that are getting welfare are SINGLE MOTHERS & OLD PEOPLE.

Younger MEN working at Walmart do not qualify for welfare. At best, they'll get ACA healthcare subsidies.

To get welfare w/o being disabled, YOU NEED TO HAVE **DEPENDENTS** (AKA NIGLETS)

WEAK AND TRASHY SUBHUMANS ARE THE ONES GETTING SUBSIDIZED, NOT WALMART.
>>
>>69353418
>calls the guy agreeing with you a moron
Lel
>>
>>69354290
They'll probably change their business model and be like Amazon, or somewhere in the middle to cut costs. This means lots of jobs will be lost and more full-time jobs will become part-time, to deny workers benefits. Their brick-and-mortar stores will change from selling all sorts of shit to mostly food and other necessities. More cashier lanes will be replaced with self-checkout so they wouldn't have to hire cashiers. Warehouses will probably get more automation, to further reduce the need for labor.

The only way to beat Walmart is to have more companies like Walmart so they'd have to compete not only for workers but for customers. The only reason they could get away with things is because they're usually the only game in town for most cities and towns that people wanted to go to (cheap, selections, etc.), effectively giving them some kind of a monopoly. In other words, break monopolies (of any form) and force them to compete against each other again.
>>
>>69349241

it's OUR taxes that subsidze THEIR low wages.

Wal*mart is an example of when "muh free market" fails.

Wal*mart is so big that they can operate on razor thin profit margins, driving local stores and even some national chains like Kmart, Shopko, and Target out of business on a local level (and Kmart and Shopko are in financial trouble on a national level largely in part to Walmart) because they deal in volumes other stores cannot match.

When a Walmart comes into town, people who were working at local stores or a Kmart who were making $11 an hour with benefits lose their job because their store closes, now they're working at Walmart for $8 an hour and no benefits.

You say "big deal, if you don't like how Walmart pays its employees, don't shop there, problem fixed free market fixes everything"

But it doesn't. All the other stores in your area have closed remember? Not to mention, 1 person not shopping at Walmart anymore does not even register to them, Hundreds of people boycotting them doesn't even make them flinch, even thosands of people boycotting them won't even make them give a single fuck. You'd need 10's of millions of people across the country all boycotting Walmart to hurt them and make them reconsider ANY of their policies. They're so big, and deal in such vast volumes, and drive out so much competition, that it's just about impossible for the market to fix their policies.
>>
>>69356575
Sure. I have nothing better to do hours before I pass out for my final shift for the week.
>>
>>69356765
First, create a LinkedIn profile. Put your experience on it and don't be afraid to stretch the truth a little. If you supervise a team, make it all about how you are a manager of X employees in charge of Y which impacts Z.

2nd, if you hate managing, work on a certicifaction for another job.
A salesforce adm201 and 202 certification will cost you 400$ to take both exam (200 ea.), and the study tools are all online. Salesforce admin median income is 58k a year. It's a growing platform.

Look for those opportunities. I guarantee recruiters will reach out to you on linkedin. Use it to look for jobs too.
>>
>>69354654

he means that Walmart employees make so little that many of them are on government benefits even though they're working full time.
>>
>>69356723
It's almost like the free market doesn't work because of overpopulation and idiots.
>>
>>69356723

You've been indoctrinated by reddit-tier talking points.

Walmart succeeds because it has lower prices and a larger selection than your shitty mom&pop stores. That's indisputable.

Lower prices are good.
>>
>>69357160

Free market doesn't work when we're talking about large national chains. Free market stops working properly once we're no longer talking local economies but national or even global scales.
>>
>>69357241
Yes, my parents who make 90k a year each could afford to shop at byrlys, or target, or whole foods.

Know where they shop? Walmart. We live in a city and they are frugal. Most frugal people would shop at walmart. Only reason I don't is because the meat selection is so much better at our local cub. I eat a shit load of chicken and beef.
>>
>>69357241
I think you're missing his point.

One reason that they're able to have such low prices is because they don't pay their workers are livable wage and thus are able to pass huge operating costs along to the government/taxpayer.
>>
File: 1356346366.png (186 KB, 500x335) Image search: [Google]
1356346366.png
186 KB, 500x335
>>69349155
But raising the minimum wage won't one-up Walmart. Walmart can absorb an increased minimum wages and more regulation, it's walmart's competitors that can't. By creating more regulations and minimum wages you're making a hospitable environment for Walmart where they will face little to no competition, meaning that they won't have a reason to increase wages and decrease the prices of goods naturally to compete.
>>
>>69357415
Actually it's not. I know this because comcast, who pays WELL above minimum wage even for call center (12.50 an hour + commission) has "employee" operating costs of about 12%. In other words, employees don't cost the company much. Walmart is able to sell at a loss due to literal monopolies. My step parent and mom down south have a walmart in town. Literally the nearest other grocery store and liquor store, and game stop, are 25 miles away in a town over. So where do you think they buy everything ???
>>
>>69357241

Walmart succeeds because of the volume it deals business in.

If we were to live in a single town bubble, where that Wal*mart was just ONE SINGLE STORE.

It would not be successful, because the profit margins walmart operates on are so thin.

But because of the scale of Walmart's operation on a global level, those penny profit margins add up to billions.
>>
>>69357415
>they don't pay their workers are livable wage
Literally a meme phrase. Give me a concrete definition of "livable wage."

I also like how minimum wage advocates ignore the fact that if they increase the cost of labor through artificial means via minimum wages, that the demand for labor will decrease, resulting in more unemployment. What about the low skilled workers whose work doesn't justify a minimum wage? They won't get hired because minimum wages discriminate against low skilled workers (mostly poor people and teenagers). Why would walmart hire someone with no job experience if they have to pay them more than they're worth? They rather get someone who is atleast worth the minimum wage.
>>
>>69357415

So they're taking advantage of our stupidity in giving worthless people welfare.

As I said here

>>69356614

most working people receiving welfare are subhuman single moms.

I've worked a 10k-20k/yr retail job. No food stamps, no subsidized housing, no cash benefits, no EITC, no medicaid. You need dependents for that shit.

>>69357688

What is the problem?

The scale of Walmart benefits consumers in the form of lower prices.
>>
>>69357030
Thanks for the info and will look into it.

Do you work for comcast and just shitposting when not being fucked with things related to customers? If so, seeings how I have comcast service, would you be able to help me out with a problem that I posted on /g/? >>>/g/53770232
>>
>>69357893
I work for comcast in escalations. I'll look at your thread.
>>
>Raise minimum wage
>Wal Mart lays off all their part time employees, makes full time ones work longer hours
>Even more people on welfare
>Wal Mart still raking in trillions
>>
>>69349155
The problem with Walmart isn't the wages. Plenty of small businesses pay shit wages and have workers on food stamps. The bigger problem with Walmart is that local governments give Walmart free money to open up stores through tax credits and giant roads that are never paid back because because hur durh jerbs.
>>
>>69358003
Companies pay to keep employees.

The on boarding process for a new employee, based on time spent through hiring , back ground checks, and time to be a productive employee is much higher than what it costs to pay 15$ an hour to an employee who won't quit. Problem is, people don't quit at 8.50 an hour. It comes down to if people are willing to work for less, companies will pay less. You think nasa engineers would be paid 200k a year if every walmart level employee could apply? It's in companies best interest to attract talent that won't quit. For walmart, talent can be just short of a literal retard. And since literal retard will work for 8.50. Why would they pay more ?
>>
>>69358540

Why do they call them single mothers?

Because they have SINGLE DIGIT IQ's.
>>
>>69358464

Yep, this is why we should privatize roads and just about everything. The people that benefit from a service should pay for that service.
>>
>>69356723
>whine about profits
>when profit margins are thin, whine about size
So a profit seeking business is put out of business by another profit seeking business through serving the customers? This is a problem? Mom and pa can invest in another line of business, such as walmart. Good god, whining about businesses being bested at their own fucking game. The only reason people prefer Kmart over walmart is Kmart doesn't have the crowd. At least Target cleans the store.

>kmart
Kmart was bigger than walmart.

>muh wages
Who buys from walmart, kmart, target, etc? Oh yeah, people earning a paycheck. The same fucking people you supposedly care about chose walmart over kmart. $11/hour with benefits is great until the unsustainable business plan falls through.

Walmart proves itself to better allocate resources better than it's competitors, that's increasing income.
>>
>>69358464
>give free money
>tax credits
Not taking isn't giving.

>muh roads
>>
you need to wise up, walmart isn't a third the evil amazon is. look at who has the most power and look at who provides for the poor. walmart isn't the powerful tank the media wants you to believe goy.
>>
>>69359464
No, but they are powerful. They do pay poor wages period and provide minimal benefits to employees. It would barely affect bottom line to do so.

Problem is so many people work there anyways. Like my post above references. Did you know in my town there is Arby's with a sign on the door sayin "now hiring start at 12$ an hour!" Because they need employees that bad.

Walmart isn't doing that when people work there for 8$ an hour anyways. Blame the workers for their own problems , not walmart.
>>
I agree, we need to get rid of food stamps, welfare and all government programs.
>>
or why not just end welfare
>>
>>69357873

The problem is it drives out competition, drives out shit jobs and replaces them with even shittier jobs that increases dependence on entitlement programs

Lower consumer prices aren't the end all be all, not when there is literally not enough good paying jobs to employ everyone in the country. I mean, if there was, Walmart would have to raise their wages to compete, wouldn't they? But it's an employer's market, there's no shortage of labor, there's a shortage of jobs, there are millions of people who could work who have given up looking because not even Walmart is hiring, overqualified people with STEM degrees and years of experience scrambling for minimum wage jobs because their field is now oversaturated and they have to take whatever job is available.

But hey, you got yours, so that's all that matters right? Fuck everyone else, I got mine.
>>
>>69354546
>$4.5 billion
>implying that's anything
America spends about $150 billion on welfare each year, and assuming OPs pic is true (doubtful, as the facebook page linked provides no sources on the majority of its claims and has a very obvious liberal bias), then that would only reduce the amount of welfare spending by about 3%, which is not a lot when compared to various other welfare programs.

Source: http://www.cheatsheet.com/business/why-is-american-social-welfare-so-incredibly-expensive.html/?a=viewall (link to study is hyperlinked in article from university of California Berkeley in .pdf format)
>>
>>69359824
I got mine too. Fuck the system.
>>
>>69353538
/thread

Why do leftists think that you should be able to raise a family on minimum wage? These are low skill jobs meant to have high turnover rates so kids can gain experience in the job market.
>>
>>69349155
Dems love corporate welfare just as much the gop retard
>>
>>69349155
Remove the various requirements for employing full time workers and Wal Mart will employ more full time workers who will not qualify for food stamps due to their income.
>>
>>69359687
Target pays their employees less than walmart. better get a better grip on walmary wages because their not as bad as you think $8hr. They were $8hr 10yrs ago but not today.

Being poor, walmart offers tons of food for much less than even big chain groceries. not to mention a shitty job with minimal responsibilities. The big problems are with walmart shutting down the 24hrs and killing off employees already employed. But talk a a kid that fills orders in an amazon DC and you'll hear horror stories that make walmart look like saints.

quit focusing on what's before your eyes and look deeper.
>>
>>69352215

>local shops

Get fucked retard, local shops lose business because the are normally run by idiots.
>>
>>69349155

Funny story, Shillary used to be on Walmarts board of directors
>>
>>69356723
Walmart's minimum in the US is 10 bucks after 6 months, 9 bucks is before 6 months.

All employees hired before 2016 are now making 10 an hour.
>>
>>69355009

8 years is way too fucking long to be rotting away at Walmart. Why don't you take the skills and experience you have learned and move up somewhere else?
>>
Fuck you, Walmart is based. Food prices drop 6 to 12% in a community everytime one of them appears. It's good for competition
>>
>>69357427
Exactly. More regulation only makes it harder for smaller businesses to compete giving the major players an even stronger monopoly.
>>
>>69359824

>The problem is it drives out competition, drives out shit jobs and replaces them with even shittier jobs that increases dependence on entitlement programs

Okay, it doesn't drive out competition. It beats competition. Let's get our concepts right.

As for shitty jobs, why do we care? Is the purpose of a business to give people jobs? Maybe if you're a leftist.

The purpose of a business is to make money, typically by providing a product or service to people that want to buy it.

Walmart has been very effective at providing goods to people that want to buy them.

>Lower consumer prices aren't the end all be all, not when there is literally not enough good paying jobs to employ everyone in the country.

Okay, so you literally think that "providing good jobs" should be a priority for a business. Your worldview is fucked up.

Let me tell you, people get "good jobs" when they have good skills. Single moms with no skills do not deserve "good paying jobs," and it would be economically inefficient to give them such jobs.

> I mean, if there was, Walmart would have to raise their wages to compete, wouldn't they?

Walmart would have to raise wages if there were fewer people willing to work for $9/hr.

As it stands, there is a huge amount of unskilled labor so they don't need to raise wages.

The problem isn't that jobs aren't available. The problem is that there are too many people that are unqualified for "good jobs." They have no skills. Their qualifications are "I can lift things and read on a 3rd grade level."

>there's no shortage of labor, there's a shortage of jobs,

No, there's a shortage of QUALITY labor. People with SKILLS. This is an information economy. We don't need people who can merely lift things.

>overqualified people with STEM degrees and years of experience scrambling for minimum wage jobs

Total bullshit. If someone has a STEM degree and works at Walmart, they are literally retarded. Literally retarded. I don't know what else to say.
>>
>>69359924

That's not even the majority of who works minimum wage jobs is it?

This "these jobs are for high school students" meme needs to die. There's far too many minimum wage jobs to staff them all with high school students with no dependents, and far too few good paying jobs with benefits to employ every college graduate and adult with dependents.

There are overqualified people working shit jobs across the country. 50% of STEM graduates are not working in their field.
>>
If Welfare wasn't in place, the shitty wages Walmart is paying to its employes wouldn't be enough to actually live (keep a place to live, buy food, clothes, etc...) so the workers would quit those jobs to find better payed jobs.

There's just a problem with that: unemployement. The current american economy does NOT need to employ the full workforce, meaning people might not find another better payed job no matter how hard they look and Walmart can absolutly count on people getting desperate. So if you remove welfare, Walmart will keep employing the lowest of the low and those will be even more poor and desperate, probably barely able to find a roof and feed themselves.

The other solution is to keep welfare but raise minimal wages. That way, less welfare will be given to people already with a job so you can reduce taxs in the end.
>>
File: 1458964936466.jpg (314 KB, 2000x1333) Image search: [Google]
1458964936466.jpg
314 KB, 2000x1333
>>69360564
Based Ameribro telling it like it is.
>>
>>69360621
If there is a flood of skilled workers and no jobs willing to hire them that would imply that the market in those sectors is likely flooded and those people should invest in skill sets that have higher demand atm.

A big problem we have right now is that everyone is telling kids that all they have to do is get a college degree any college degree and they are guaranteed a good job. The world is moving faster and people need to learn how to play the game.

Or you know we could just drive up minimum wage to the point where companies just automate as much as possible making it even harder for low skilled workers to survive.
>>
>>69360621
>you should get paid for what you need instead of getting paid for what you do.

Fuck off.
>>
>>69349155
It's not even so much as the low pay as it is the fact that they don't often hire full time so most employees work 15-27 hours a week. They have polices that require them to bump an employee to full time but they often cut them just shy of those hours so they can avoid giving them full time and giving out benefits.
>>
>>69360404
Are you talking about another company or move up within? I doubt any other place I go to will give a shit, despite the work history. I have no plans to move up because (of what I can see is) political games. I've seen a number of managers, salaried or not, that have had to take the fall for menial shit.

I'll think about what Comcastbro has doled out over the next few days >>69357030 . I also have zero education which is a big stigma I suppose to even attempt to look for another job because I don't feel like humoring a HR rep after looking at my application.
>>
>>69360564
>Okay, it doesn't drive out competition. It beats competition. Let's get our concepts right.
No, it does drive out competition.

It's equivalent to aliens showing up and blasting us with space lasers.

You certainly wouldn't call it natural, it's interfering with normal business by using funds from elsewhere to crush places one at a time.

>The purpose of a business is to make money, typically by providing a product or service to people that want to buy it.

Fun fact that people have forgotten, the state is meant to safeguard people not corporate interests.

>Okay, so you literally think that "providing good jobs" should be a priority for a business.

The goal of society is still not to serve corporate interests.

>it would be economically inefficient to give them such jobs.

You make it even clearer that you would fuck over the world for the globalists.

> The problem is that there are too many people that are unqualified for "good jobs.

Because walmart operates on a global level and just imports third worlders.

>o, there's a shortage of QUALITY labor.

Actually, there isn't. Have you missed all the indian code monkey threads?

>If someone has a STEM degree and works at Walmart, they are literally retarded

Indian code monkeys.
>>
>>69360628

When those better paying jobs don't exist (or if they do, they require specific education or skills they haven't been trained in, when you're talking about STEM jobs it's not so simple, it's not just a "STEM" degree, your degree is in a narrower field like Chemical Engineering, so if there's a good Electrical Engineering or Biotech Engineering job available do you qualify for it? No.), if you were to cut welfare to where people working shit jobs could not afford to live on those wages... they turn to crime. Selling drugs, prostitution, burglary, mugging.

That's what people do when employers won't hire them, family won't take them back in, and they don't qualify for public assistance.... crime.

>So arrest the niggers and put them in prison

Okay now we've gone to paying about $15,000 a year per nigger for their benefits, to $30,000 a year to keep them in a cell.
>>
>>69361828
Capitalism is running into problems as a result of globalization making it harder to compete without huge amounts of upfront capital. However, you need to take into account the economic effects of any proposed plan to mitigate those problems.

You can't raise the minimum wage past a certain point without causing unemployment.
>>
File: 1459199430212.jpg (68 KB, 700x714) Image search: [Google]
1459199430212.jpg
68 KB, 700x714
>>69361828
Bait? No way someone actually has this opinion.
>>
>>69361828
Accept the corporation, Marco.
>>
>>69362148
What kind of insane worldview do you have where profits are above all?

>>69362084

>You can't raise the minimum wage past a certain point without causing unemployment.

Actually, we don't need to raise minumum wage. We just need to make it so there isn't a huge labor market available. Essentially, we need to move into protectionism again.

The biggest lie in history isn't the holocaust or anything like that, it's that protectionism was used all the time before.

It's just globalists have rewritten it so they can do that evil free trade shit.
>>
I have to agree with you here. You don't want to cut all public assistance to the point where people are literally forced into crime to survive.

At the same time you don't want to give so much away that it acts as a disincentive to work as is often the case now.

Ideally we want a welfare system that helps people dig themselves out of poverty which isn't really the case atm
>>
>>69349155
I have a great idea. Let's raise the minimum wage to $15 an hour so we can pay their unemployment benefits instead! Don't worry about walmart, they'll hire illegals under the table for $5 an hour and make record profits.
#feelthebern
>>
>>69362395
Yea and getting rid of the illegals would certainly cut supply on those low skilled jobs which should raise wages for those jobs that the media keeps saying Americans wont do.
>>
>>69361531

a big part of the problem is how narrow the fields can be and that demand can change for specific fields between freshman year of college and graduating.

You can go into a school, your counselor tells you what's in demand and what a good degree for you would be, and they might be right.. except that every counselor is telling every student across the country the same thing. Fast forward 4 years, you and 10's of thousands of other students all have that same degree and are flooding the market. Where you were searching for jobs just 1-2 years ago that were hiring new graduates, now they're all looking for at least 2 years experience in the field, because there's so many new graduates scrambling for the jobs that they can be choosy and look for more experienced workers.

In my case I had to take an extra internship (that is, working 40 hours a week for free) to build up the necessary experience, while working retail on weekends and evenings and begging family for help to make ends meet (see, once you graduate from school 6 months later they expect you to start paying back those loans)

So yeah, I was a college graduate working 2 minimum wage jobs because my field got oversaturated between the time I first enrolled and the time I graduated. I wasn't going to be able to go back to school and get a different degree.
>>
>>69362383

wrong flag, that's a Mick, or a Paddy, or maybe an Ian or Sean.
>>
>>69354283
Marx predicted that. He said that automation of previously labor-intensive jobs will lead to concentration of almost all the wealth in the hands of the machine owners, increasing the chances of revolution and establishment of a socialist or communist state.
>>
>>69362899
Yea it is tricky. Like I said it is the information age and the market is moving faster every year. I guess the moral of the story is don't listen to your counselors
>>
>>69355289
>>69355699
>what is crony capitalism
It's no secret that both parties are shitty and corrupt.
>>
>>69362395

>What kind of insane worldview do you have where profits are above all?

A business is profitable if it provides goods/services that people want (in a proper free market environment without rent-seeking).

So if we want to provide people with goods/services that they want, we should see profits as a good thing.
>>
>>69349155
Nope. Walmart's paying $10 an hour everywhere.
More importantly, top kek. $900,000 is less than what one nigger costs the government in his lifetime.
>>
>>69349155
And you're a retard.

This thread offers nothing but libtard buzzwords. You're not correct in any way shape or form, mostly because you're a preteen shitposting on a martian religious board.
>>
>>69363209

actually the trick is to make your first 3 years of classes be pretty broad spectrum and able to switch majors to a different field in the last year if you find that the job market for your originally intended field has shifted over the last 3 years, and don't take on college debt, and look for internships that you can do WHILE going to school that are applicable to your field.

My biggest mistake was not working while I went to school.I focused on studying and got good grades and I bought into the meme that being in a STEM field with good grades would be enough to have a job lined up when I graduated. I was wrong. Employers I interviewed with asked what I was doing for the last four years where there was a gap in my employment history, I said I was a full time student and focused on studying, they said "I see..."

Never do that.

Classmates who worked normal retail or food jobs while going to school, well, they got a better response than me, some of them even got hired, but most of them still struggled because their experience in the actual field was well, their internship that was a part of their degree program, that everyone had.

The guy that worked 4 years as a laboratory assistant while going to school? Yeah that's 4 years of experience related to the job, he was a shoe in, able to compete with all the people who got laid off in 2009 that we weren't.

The guy who's father was a cardiologist at the hospital he was applying to?

Yeah nepotism also still works.
>>
>>69349155
>working for a company that pays shit

Not my fault you have no skills bro
>>
>>69356723
Think of all the jobs we lost because of modern farming methods, if only we were living back in medieval times when 95% of the population was farmers.
Fertilizers and tractors stole out jebs.
>>
>>69354707
I think a livable wage is 90000 an hour.
>>
>>69364819

We also stole so many jobs from undertakers and coffin-makers.

If only we could go back to the days when the average woman had 5 children and 40% of the population died before the age of 30!

What blessed days those were.
>>
>>69364833
My mother has been saying the "living wage" meme since the early 90s. She was never a liberal or anything, but it didnt make sense now than it did to my seven year old self.
>>
>>69364172
Good advice
>>
>>69354707
Thats such bullshit. Nobody has to do anything. Nobody has to give the poor free shit for sitting on their asses. If we wanted to we could let them die of starvation. In fact thats what we should do. Either they start working to live or they die because they're super lazy and shouldn't have existed in the first place.
And don't pretend like they won't be able to get jobs or money. If you need money your going to find a way to make it even if that means selling home made movies on the street.
>>
>>69363674
>A business is profitable if it provides goods/services that people want

Except you still haven't decoupled state from business.

A profitable business that drives the state into ruin is in fact quite a bad thing.

A profitable business would be all well and good if it provided a benefit to society, but globalization means it can provide the product while doing more harm than good.
>>
>>69355699
I think the reason so many wealthy people are democrats is because people who have don't appreciate its value.
>>
>>69357376
free market works on a national scale. America hasn't been a free market for a very long time.
>>
>>69360146
As a former Walmart and Amazon wagecuck, I can confirm Amazon was way worse to its employees than Wally world.

It was a shithole.
>>
>>69349155
Eh. If you wish to complain about anything, at least complain about American subsidies to farmers and defence contractors.

Now those are the real welfare leeches.
>>
>>69360146
>But talk a a kid that fills orders in an amazon DC and you'll hear horror stories that make walmart look like saints.
This kinda popped into my head.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PhF7vB6tjL8
>>
>>69349155
>poverty wage
Dude. Walmart pays 9.25 an hour out here. That's literally 2$ over federal.
>>
>>69366486

if you're talking about regulations that have allowed for the rise of corporations that can operate on that scale then perhaps.

But if you're thinking that free market can alter a business's practices by "if you don't like their practices don't buy from them", you're dead wrong. When you start needing 10's of millions of people to change their shopping habits to make a dent there's really nothing you as a consumer can do to change a powerful corporation's operations.
>>
>Being mad at WalMart
>Not being mad at the people who are so unskilled at age 35 that they still work at WalMart
>Probably just going to go buy some shit from WalMart after the thread 404s anyway
>>
>>69360386
I'm working their part time as a cashier to pay for school and make 11.45 per hour. I don't even live in an expensive state which is pretty cool
>>
>>69366198

So you're saying that business is bad when it doesn't benefit dysgenic low-IQ single moms that can't compete with third worlders?

We'll just have to agree to disagree on that.
>>
Misleading. Plenty of other employers only offer minimum wage.
If you don't want to work for minimum wage then become a skilled laborer.
$8 an hour is a living wage, it's not a luxury wage.
>>
>>69354283
People won't just starve. They'll still vote and we will get more welfare and more gibs while robots fo our work.
>>
>>69367959
>Not being mad at the people who are so unskilled at age 35 that they still work at WalMart
I'm in my lower 30s. Hit me right in the feels.
>>69367987
I could have paid cash for CC locally ($20k) for the amount I pay for a 10x10 room in rent monthly ($400).
>>
>>69359824
>The problem is it drives out competition, drives out shit jobs and replaces them with even shittier jobs that increases dependence on entitlement programs
Actually raising the minimum wage does that.
Walmart can take the hit caused by an increased minimum wage because it's such a massive company. Small businesses can't and when they aren't able to pay their employees the new minimum wage they are forced to fire some, leading to a decrease in the amount of stores they can operate, which eventually leads to them going out of business. With them gone, walmart picks up all the people who went to the smaller competitor, thus making the new minimum wage basically a non-issue as they're now making enough new money to cover the new increases, which furthers their monopoly.
Raising the minimum wage only hurts small businesses and thus leads to the massive corporations and monoplies you lib shits complain about.
The free market is the answer to your problem, not more regulation.
>>
>>69363187
Dammit. second time I confuse an Italian with an Irish. I'm going blind
>>
>>69372368

It's okay Alberto, nobody expects much from niggers
>>
>>69349155
No Walmart HAS poverty wage workers
Poverty wage is OK illegal
Starting pay for Walmart is now about 9 an hour.
Times 40
Times 52
Poverty line for a family of TWO is below that.
For a single person, they would have to be working the lowest wage at about 25 hours a week.
That's not primary income
>>
So Walmart isn't paying its workers enough, so it's their fault that the workers are failing? Go work anywhere else if Walmart isn''t cutting it for you. What is it with these faggots, why do they want to change everything but themselves?
>>
Wouldn't it then benefit Walmart if EBT and related payments were /increased/?

>libruls
Thread replies: 137
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.