[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
College Political Science
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 4
File: IMG_20160330_090827.jpg (4 MB, 3088x4160) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160330_090827.jpg
4 MB, 3088x4160
How do you feel about polisci /pol/? My professor supports Trump openly, but he seems to hide a lot of his knowledge. I feel like he might be teaching us "what they want us to know".
>>
I have an MA in political science. Literally could learn the same info from a library and online articles. Not worth it. It is Only useful as a supplemental degree to a better and more practical degree
>>
>>69345888
I can answer questions if you are interested in the field
>>
Msc pol sci here. It's all very interesting but I agree with the burger above me. I should've just went with physics as I originally planned.
>>
File: 1303865402633.png (45 KB, 181x191) Image search: [Google]
1303865402633.png
45 KB, 181x191
>americans actually pay to learn this
LMAAOOOOOOOOOOOO
>>
File: 1457613531494.jpg (39 KB, 749x914) Image search: [Google]
1457613531494.jpg
39 KB, 749x914
polysci 101 is just about what politics is at the very base of it. you will porbably learn about how the political parties exist, but other than that it will be a history class. you are taking a class that teaches you pretty much nothing and you should have tested out of with AP.

fuck you. you are stupid. and we should make fun of you because you are stupid. you are actually paying to take a class that almost every highschool offers for free.

and best of all, you can't even think for yourself, you need to ask us.
>>
>>69344785
Polisci is only good as a step to Law. Plus too many cucks.

I started doing it but switched to Philosophy as my pre-law stepping stone
>>
File: Untitled.png (147 KB, 285x282) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
147 KB, 285x282
>>69344785

strong fat location storage genetics
>>
>>69345888
I agree all the information that you are taught is easily available to everyone. The discussions that occur in class can be priceless though. I almost watched two girls pull eachothers hair out over defending Israel.
>>
I do agree with most people here. I would have tested out with AP if my high-school had that option. This class is aids, and honestly I learn 99% of this shit from the news, books, or /pol/. It's absolute cancer here. I mean, we're going over the legislative process. Come on.
>>
>>69346119
Did Kennedy bomb South Vietnam?
>>
Took PoliSci and never regretted it. Kept hearing stories about how useless it was but found a job pretty quickly.
>>
>>69347409
Where at
>>
A professor that openly supports and shill Trump in college should be fired effective immediately. Not only does that mean the prof promotes hate and equality, and should not be promoted at his level of position
>>
>>69346966
I have friends doing intell also some who work for State dept. Classes are great and discussions are great if you are into it. I loved going to class really. It's just difficult to leverage it towards a career by itself. I tell people to add it with stats or public administration, for instance
>>
>taking polsci elective
>teacher is incrediblynervouswoman.jpg
>always has to relate everything to Donald Trump and making a really inauthentic feeling joke about him to try to get on with the class
>mfw very right wing business school
>mfw the alphas started calling her out on her shit
>>
>>69346754
How does philosophy help with law? If anything?law school doesn't work out, you have a useless degree.
>>
>>69346119
I want to go into a career in law. People tell me that poly sci is a good undergrad major to prepare you for law school. Is that true?
>>
>>69344785
Any degree gives back what you put in. Every person in this thread is mistaking college as job training rather than a place to personally grow. Getting a college degree is mistaken as something you do to get a job and if you look at it like that, yeah its a waste of time. However, if you do something you love (whether it be bio, chem, poli-sci, whatever) get involved on campus, make connections and have fun, it is a rewarding experience. A degree will land you your first job, past that it doesn't matter. What does matter is the connections you make in college, the experience gained through clubs/organizations, and the volunteer hours you put your resume. I know deans that have business degrees, high ranking administrators that have degrees in english, and CEOs that have degrees in history. The only reason you need a specified degree, is if you go into a specialty (law, medicine, teaching, etc.)

Further, if your school is redpilled like mine, you'll have even more fun as a poli-sci major.
>>
>>69348061
One of the better ones. Philosophy majors however always score higher on the LSAT. It is about logic which philosophy classes teach.
>>
>>69347973
>If anything?law school doesn't work out, you have a useless degree

It's still good for any job that requires a BA, most employers don't are what your focus is as long as you have a degree.
>>
>>69348267
Hm interesting. I asked because I'm pre law and planning on going to law school. I've always been interested in philosophy but I just see having that particular more of a potential risk through the eyes of an employer than a reward. However if what you say Is true, then I may switch to philosophy
>>
>>69348267
Ehhh I will have to disagree. If philosophy is your major I would suggest something like accounting as a minor. That's a fruitful field AND gives you skills so you can earn a living while planning on what Plan B is
>>
>>69344785
political """"""""""""""""""science""""""""""""""""""
>>
>>69348718
Lol agreed. You can focus on statistical analysis in the degree, so it can be sciencey in that regard
>>
>>69348670
Point out that this is what current lawyers I know have said in discussion.
>>
>>69348616

BA degrees are kind of a crap shoot unless you want to be a teacher or plan on grad school. For example my gf was a History major and now she's licensed to sell health insurance. Just don't plan on getting a "philosopher job" if you get a BA in philosophy.
>>
>>69345888
Why is it a master of arts, not science?
>>
>>69347409
Fucking gook-ass zipperhead faggots! Napalm sticks to kids!
>>
Your teacher looks like a god damn bowling pin.
>>
>>69347577
Go away leaf.
>>
>>69346893
HIGH TEST AS FUCK
WOULD SMASH/10
>>
>>69344785
There's a lot of ppl in your classroom dude

It's almost the end of the semester, I only see 2 or 3 people when I attend to class
>>
>>69344785
Any kind of political propaganda should be left out of schools, that's how we got in this mess in the first place.
>>
>>69349277
It's a liberal arts field. Long story short, addition of theory and methods make it a science.....different classification of science like what you are thinking of. You can get a MS at some places though. Bs is common too. Most non shit programs as well as journals and professional societies push stats and big data. Big data and computer modeling is the new thing
>>
>>69345888
Politics is not science.

It's a mix of philosophy, manipulation and marketing.
You need philosophy to know what you need to do and manipulation to know how to do it and marketing to look good while you are doing it.
>>
>>69347973
>how does a degree with an intensive focus on ethics and moral systems help with Law?

Gee I dunno m8.
>>
>>69346751
who is this testicular vehicle?
>>
>>69344785
My intro american government teacher was melissa harris perry/lacewell. She was fired from MSNBC. She said she couldn't get elected president (this was in 2006 she predicted Obama) because she smoked too much pot in college. Class was too easy but I got an A-.
>>
Polisci is neither science nor should be a college.

Yes, I'm from STEM.
>>
>>69347577
Be careful with that hate speech canuck.
>>
>>69347577
You have to go back
Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.