[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What are the benefits of Australia becoming a republic? I mean,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1
File: cuck.jpg (358 KB, 839x1189) Image search: [Google]
cuck.jpg
358 KB, 839x1189
What are the benefits of Australia becoming a republic?

I mean, is there any value to this, other than maybe not being perceived as a 'cuck' on a Tahitian shadowpuppet forum, or is it just some sort of vanity project by a group of self-interested intellectuals?
>>
the only ppl who support the monarchy are boomers and autistic 30yr old mothers who live for telegraph articles on kate
>>
>>69336760
Well, that is wrong according to opinion polling.

But anyway, what are the benefits?
>>
I'm opposed to a republic because of that fuck with a bandana supports it.
>>
>>69336760
>the majority of the country are boomers and autistic 30 year olds

kek
>>
the queen technically has to give us permission before we can enact any laws (final step of a bill is the royal assent) but I seriously doubt she'd ever do that, and if she did we'd be a republic within the week. that said the chance of that happening is so infinitesimal its not really even worth talking about.

personally I dont think its worth the work/cost. Maybe one day.
>>
>>69336151
Republics are shit.
Perth should seek independence and become a haven for white people. The abos can have free fuel for a year, I doubt many will survive.
>>
>>69337604

you already are a republic. you elect the house and senate and they choose the PM, who has the only real power.

the governor-general and the queen are both figureheads, meaning jokes.

yes, constitutionally, you are not a republic, and that old bat is the monarch, but in the real world you are a republic.

gentle reminder: no matter what form of government you have, the rich and powerful will always dominate.
>>
>>69336151
Meh, theres not much benefits and a whole lotta disadvantages. For example I cant find an engineering job in Australia as a result of the resources price crash and im planning to go to Britain to find a job. If we become a republic, I can never live my dreams of becoming a britfag.
>>
governer general a figurehead?, tell that to whitlam
>>
>>69336151
We'd get a Bill of Rights.
>>
>>69337805
Why does becoming a republic stop you? Are Australians granted automatic immigration or something?
>>
There is legitimately barely any benefit at the end of the day for something that will cost quite a bit of money and time. There is a lot more other higher priority things for the government to worry about right now. The same-sex marriage plebiscite non-issue is legitimately more important than this shit. Maybe when Malco is like in the back end of his second term or in his third term, that is assuming LNP wins the next federal election and he isn't outed by Tony Abbott, maybe he might put some efforts into trying to organising a referendum for this issue. Other than that, republic fags need to fuck off.
>>
There is literally no benefit. We'd become a retarded cuck nation if we were to become a republic.

>Prove me wrong
>>
>>69338080
one prime minister kicked out of all prime ministers ever doesn't really seem like a complaining point

>changing to be a meme republic
>becoming more like america
>meaningless changes to government and governance that cost millions ultimately achieve nothing because the queen's an old cunt who couldn't get anyone in australia to do anything if they wanted to
>forgoing history because we want to be independent xd

let's not be like america on this one
>>
>>69339478
>become
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.