[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Masculinity is killing you
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 4
File: 1421405156543.jpg (426 KB, 670x554) Image search: [Google]
1421405156543.jpg
426 KB, 670x554
>Mary Himmelstein and Diana Sanchez set out to find out why men have shorter life expectancies and are more likely to suffer from several leading causes of death
>men who "tough out" minor health problems because they believe that going to the doctor is a sign of weakness are, in part, killing themselves.
>That study "showed that men who scored high on the same masculinity questionnaire were less likely to engage in preventative care and more likely to delay going to the doctor."
>One could say that masculinity potentially plays a role in men's higher mortality than women,"
>We're trying to think of ways to intervene for men who think that masculinity is at odds with healthcare."

So /pol/ why haven't you abandoned your toxic masculinity yet? ;)
pic related be a good goy and go to Dr. Himmelstein
>>
This goes for both genders. Except women think about it in the sense of "If I don't go to the doctor's, nothing will be wrong with me"
>>
Sauce: https://broadly.vice.com/en_us/article/how-masculinity-is-killing-men
>>
>>69331062

>sign of weakness

Actually it's because doctors are scam artist kikes.
>>
>>69331062
>Himmelstein
>>
File: 1446655637820.jpg (33 KB, 722x349) Image search: [Google]
1446655637820.jpg
33 KB, 722x349
>>69331308
You can't make that shit up
>>
>live longer so you can pay me more shekels goy!
>go to the expensive dr as often as you can!

Translated that for ya.
>>
>>69331062
if you go to the doctor you'll end up like your image
>>
Men aren't supposed to live longer they're genetically expendable.
>>
>>69331062
So fucking what?

Dying in your own piss, being fed dogfood in a nursing home is how women choose to die.

Stop fucking nagging us to die the same. I wanna die drinking an bottle of vodka, chain smoking as I thrash the fuck outta a V8 on a mountainside.

Fuck you bitches
>>
>>69331790
and yeah, this
Bigger bodies typically means lower life expectancy, and men have more muscle, bone density, etc. Men are high performance machines built to sink or swim, women are built more safely and to protect their babymaking capacity to mate with the men that manage to swim.
>>
>>69331062
Equating masculinity to avoiding doctors is retarded. And peddling it as one giant umbrella term for inferiority is what femminists would do.
>>
>>69331062
>willingly going to the butcher's office for him to see how much money he can pocket from medicine you don't need
Unlike women I don't have other people paying for my shit, be it the government or the beta cucк I lied to about only sleeping with 50 niggers. I actually value my time and money, I wouldn't expect them to understand.
>>
>>69332154
wew lad

savage
>>
>>69331252

and also because a lot of us have other shit to do than set aside time to get a rash looked at
>>
File: 1455664300948.png (230 KB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
1455664300948.png
230 KB, 640x360
>>69331062
>Mary Himmelstein and Diana Sanchez

Women telling men what to do. I bet that will be neutral and factual.

> men who "tough out" minor health problems

Or women who are "embarrassed" to go to the doc for big health problems.

See it makes so much sense when it fits the narrative, but it gets inconvenient when your own gender fucks up don't it? Then it's time for "nuance" to fight sexism.

> One could say that masculinity potentially plays a role in men's higher mortality

One could also say "ideologically motivated study finds conclusions that fit the narrative".
>>
>>69331062
There are only 14 million jews in the world. HOW THE FUCK ARE THEY EVERYWHERE?
>>
>>69331940

> killed by a dropbear

Corrected that for you Aus.
>>
>>69332283
>Or women who are "embarrassed" to go to the doc for big health problems.

My mother had to literally ask both my father and I whether or not she should get a double mastectomy after being diagnosed with breast cancer.

I flatly told her to get rid of any part of her body that was trying to kill her. But the thought of her appearance being altered actually affected her to the point where she considered death as an option.

And I thought men were fucked up.
>>
>>69331940
yeah
>>
>>69332334
If gladly be killed by wildlife than die of old age, pissing in a bag, dementia, weak as piss, a burden to family.

This is not how men are meant to die.
We all know this.
It why we love confrontation love places like here.
>>
>>69331062
Testosterone is a drug worth the price.
Praise Adam. a curse be upon Eve and all her daughters.
>>
>>69332469
>>69332283

Lol my mother is the same. She's literally shitting blood in agony but doesn't want to go to the doc because it's embarrassing.
>>
>>69331062
Actually it's testosterone that makes us age faster.

Besides the life expectancy difference is like 2 years?

Do you really care that you'll die at 78 instead of 80, if it worth being a little bitch your whole life so that you can rot in a elderly home for 24 months longer?
>>
>>69331062
>Himmelstein
>>
I rather just live a life I like for 10 more years than a shitty one for more 60-70 years
>>
>>69331252
can confirm, my mom is a doctor and whenever she visits another doctor she doesn't let them know.
Often they charge on stuff they never did and try to jew the insurance as hard as they can
>>
>>69332296
>Only.
>>
>>69331062
I don't go to the hospital because our health care is shit.
>>
>>69331940
dying in your grandmother's basement more like it edgelord
>>
>>69331062
If men are dying earlier it's because they are doing harder jobs instead of white collar service jobs you fucking cunts.
90% work related death you buffoon. Women are living longer because men are dying at work because the job needs to get done
>>
File: 1377583633830.png (30 KB, 448x538) Image search: [Google]
1377583633830.png
30 KB, 448x538
>>69331062
>Himmelstein
>>
>>69331940
Fuck yeah cunt
>>
>>69332756
So because you're going to age horribley and have a shit life, we all will?

My great grandparents all lived until over 90, and my great grandma made it to 99 -- none of them with mental health problems and all living with family.

My mother's side grandpa and grandma are in their eightiea, still go pn trips with us and swim every morning. I still smoke up with them during vacations when I have a break from work...

A few more years, hell a few more months, when you're spending them with loved ones and not in excruciating pain can be quite wonderful, but hey,

maybe you just have shit genes and are cursed to be miserable. so go have some fun killing urself
>>
>>69331062
I don't go to hospitals because I'm not listening to some fucker tell me how broken I am like he's hot shit.
>>
>>69331062

>have cold
>go to doctors
>given broad spectrum antibiotics
>wash, rinse, repeat
>immune system is a lazy piece of shit
>required to work but can't be bothered
>gibsmedat antibiotics programs
>immune system steamrolled by shitty disease
>am kill

Or

>get cold
>let body fight it off
>immune system is strong and works hard
>steam rolls over shitty illness
>go to pub

Yeah I'm fine not going to the docs for every single cough and sneeze
>>
>>69333993
>>69333993
The only thing that actually matters is leaving your mark in history.

If you're past your time to do that it's better to die.
Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.