[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What's /pol/ opinion about this man and his work?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2
File: tolkien_photo_c.jpg (81 KB, 533x755) Image search: [Google]
tolkien_photo_c.jpg
81 KB, 533x755
What's /pol/ opinion about this man and his work?
>>
pretty fucking based
>>
He's a pathetic christcuck
>>
>>69314370
Obviously a black man would say that.
>>
>>69314370
Great argument fagtron
>>
>>69314264

Knows everything, of language and men. Orcs do exist, they are Brazilians.
>>
>>69314264

There is a thin line between literary genius and mental problems/escapism.

He fought in the great war. Hes already based, solely for surviving it.

Lord of the Rings is the single most influential (fiction) book of the last century.
>>
File: Aragorn.jpg (412 KB, 810x1200) Image search: [Google]
Aragorn.jpg
412 KB, 810x1200
>>69314264
One of the all time greats
>>
>>69314370
Nigger detected.
>>
>Feanor did nothing wrong
>>
>>69314264
>traditionalist Catholic that loved European history and culture
What more is there to say?
>>
>>69314360
/thread
>>
>>69314264
He clearly has racial/national tones in his work
>>
I will never understand why his books are so popular. I understand why they could have been back there. His books are literally allegory of world war where big bad(Russia or Germany) fight with civilized world(America, England, France etc.). It sure was appealing back then but not now. Also half of this book are descriptions of nature.
They would be better if they would have less of descriptions on nature, due to this it have too slow pace for me. Sure it was influence but dunno why, maybe because it was first so well designed fantasy world but that's all.
>>
>>69319671

The luddite nature of his stories appealed to flower child hippies of the 60s. That's how Tolkien became big. It wasn't like white nationalists were promoting it as the salvation of their race.
>>
>>69319671
Tolkein was adamant that it was not an allegory of the War.
>>
>>69314264
the Nazis loved it, and Tolkein got pretty upset about that, which means that hopefully Tolkein was misinformed about the Nazis and thankfully the Nazis liked it, I read it myself and I can tell why they did.

So yes it's an amazing work of literature, also liberal intellectuals in literature and academia hate it and refuse to admit it as a timeless classic and they push their jewbooks instead,
>>
>>69320898
>>69320898
Le tme clarify, they loved the Hobbit I know that I read a copy of their letters to each other, it's in an edition of the Hobbit I have.

Probably similar judgement about Tolkein's later work LOTR
>>
>>69319671

>allegory

Tolkien fucking hated allegory and his books were not anything of the sort.
>>
>>69320700
And because of this he was sending part of his stories to sons to show them that "everything will be all right" yea
>>69320608
Maybe this , can't relate because there were no flower child hippies in Poland due to Communism
>>
>>69314264
My favourite kraut
>>
>>69320898
>liberal intellectuals in literature and academia hate it

do they? I read the first book and didn't enjoy it much tbqh. I'm not hating it either. the thing I didn't like was how lengthy every description of the surroundings was. Thomas Bernhard always said that authors who do that must be retarded because those are basically the boring shit parts which is true.
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.