[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Alright, how many of you moronic right wing retards understand
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 2
File: 141106jeff-foxworthy1.jpg (60 KB, 640x440) Image search: [Google]
141106jeff-foxworthy1.jpg
60 KB, 640x440
Alright, how many of you moronic right wing retards understand basic math? With your dominate genes you should be able to do what any elementary school kid should do.
5 factorial or 5! = 120
1! = 1
0! = ?
Do you guys not know the answer? Had to google it? You don't even understand the basic concept of factorials? Cute.
>>
It's 1, dumb shit.

1 way to order 0 elements.
>>
>>69304635
What's the square root of a flexnard?
>>
>>69304635
Op fuck off this baby shit tier. 5th graders don't learn this in the u.s check the standards for 5th graders.
>>
>>69304635
0!=1, but that is only by convention. Just like p implies q is true when p and q are false. That was fleshed out by the author of Alice in Wonderland.
>>
>>69304635
>mfw just got introduced to factorials at the end of calc 2 a few weeks ago

Here anons : 5! = 1 * 2 * 3 * 4 * 5

N! = n - (n - 1) * n - (n-2) up to (n - (n -n)
>>
>>69305044
you're a silly.

also calc2? really?
>>
>>69304635
0!:=1

There is one function from the empty set to itself. This is the most convenient definition for many purposes.

t. Phd maths student
>>
>>69304635

By your reasoning the answer to all factorial expressions is zero.
>>
>>69305191
does that definition hold at higher numbers of elements?
>>
>>69304801
Was helping my sister in 5th grade on factorials the other day. She's in an accelerated program so I guess technically it's a higher grade. My point stands.
>>
It's 1 by definition. You would know if you took an intro stats course or some discrete. Check out the binomial theorem.
>>
>>69305316
Yes. n! is the number of bijective functions from {1,...,n} to itself (if n is an integer). You can think of such a function as a permutation of {1,...,n}.
>>
>>69304635
whats pi^3?

>protip: its the number of different dicks you've taken up the ass
>>
Man I haven't had to use factorials since middle school
>>
>>69304635
Fuck off shill.
>>
>>69305523
How does one take an irrational number of dicks?
>>
>>69305523
I've only been with 5 guys faggot
>>
>>69305622
a man taking any number of dicks is pretty irrational desu m8
>>
>>69305826
What about 0 dicks? 0 is a number.
>>
>>69305898
is 0 an irrational number?

i'm just an engineer, i don't know the answer to that question
>>
>>69305898
we are talking about OP here dumbass
>>
>>69304635
>hey so what does this maths definition do in the most extreme case?
This question is always interesting and never relevant. Just define it however you like dude. Behaviour in the generic case is what makes a definition interesting.
>>
>>69304635
what is the application for this knowledge?
>>
Holy fuck this board is so easy to troll.

t./sci/
>>
File: 1459143716972.jpg (219 KB, 571x852) Image search: [Google]
1459143716972.jpg
219 KB, 571x852
>>69304635
I'll bite from the other end.

This question presupposes that understanding basic mathematics constitutes what makes one race superior to the other.

One merely has to look at how eastern Asians have higher IQs and are much better at mathematics than white countries; yet, whites dominate the world in terms of culture, technological advancement, etc.

You know you're a redneck when you fuck your cousin at night and call it Moonshine.
>>
>>69310054
>not being able to enjoy a good math conversation every once in awhile
canadians
>>
>>69310148
I want to shine those moons.
>>
Wow pol/ I literally watched some lady win the only million on that show like an hour ago.

The fucking final question was "Who was England's longest reigning monarch"

Bitch took 5 minutes to realize it was Vicky I Who an entire era was named after.
>>
>>69310209
I do, it's just that you guys are retarded. You fall for shit like the impossible triangle every thread. Hell all I have to do is post lim x->0 of 1/x = infinity and I'll get 30 replies from morons who don't get it or think they're clever for proving me wrong.
>>
>>69309352
>what is the application for this knowledge?
It's not even knowledge. Well maybe it counts as knowledge about mathematicians.

It would only be knowledge if "factorial" was already defined and 0! = 1 was a consequence. Which you might see somewhere, but not in this thread.
>>
>>69304635
U learn factorials in elementry school oversea :O

And I thought the US-Educationalsystem was weak.
>>
>>69311116
American math education really does suck. They try so hard to baby you up to the "hard" stuff like calculus.

With Common Core math now, who knows; we could become the world math superpower.
Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.