[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Israeli Firm Helped FBI Unlock iPhone
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 4
File: applefbi.jpg (57 KB, 630x354) Image search: [Google]
applefbi.jpg
57 KB, 630x354
http://thehill.com/policy/cybersecurity/274619-israeli-firm-behind-iphone-hack-report
>The Israeli mobile forensics firm Cellebrite helped the FBI hack into the iPhone of San Bernardino shooter Syed Rizwan Farook, NBC reports, citing industry sources.

>The firm has been rumored to be behind the FBI’s newfound ability to access the device, thanks to a previous and unconfirmed report from an Israeli newspaper.
Neither Cellebrite nor the Department of Justice has confirmed the reports.

>The FBI has routinely contracted Cellebrite over the last five years. The company, which publicly boasts of its ability to hack into Apple devices, has received over $2 million in purchase orders from the agency since 2012.

>The DOJ on Monday withdrew its case against Apple, telling a federal court it was able to unlock the device without the tech giant's help.

>The FBI had asked the courts to direct Apple to unlock the iPhone, but at the last minute, delayed the first court hearing last week. At the time, authorities said they wanted to test a new method to unlock the phone without Apple's assistance.

>That same day, the agency inked a $15,000 contract with Cellebrite for “information technology software,” although the "principle place of performance" is listed as Chicago. It remains unclear what method the agency leveraged to access the phone, or what information it has obtained.

ISRAEL..
>>
PURE COINCIDENCE
>>
The jews can crack iphones.

I want to be surprised, but I cant anymore.

They've literally got their hands in every cookie jar
>>
File: IJ3SK9I.gif (745 KB, 500x275) Image search: [Google]
IJ3SK9I.gif
745 KB, 500x275
Why is /pol/ always right?
>>
I know this is more of a /g/ question, but what is apple gonna do now, since someone has gotten into their system without their help? Doesn't this show that it's shit and will only drive them to make it much more secure?
>>
>>69299019
the more changes apple makes the more money Israel gets for cracking it
>>
>>69299019
apple will probably invest more resources into privacy to save face

government and apple both lose as a result

>the jews indirectly caused this
>>
>>69298416
To be fair, their government funds the shit out of security and tech research (with our money). Plenty of good papers come off of there
>>
>>69299731
Ur money is 2% of Israel's military. And the money goes to partially help buying from the US.
>>
>>69299887
>partially help buying from the corporate kike arms dealers in the US

FTFY
>>
>>69298214
>implying Apple didn't cooperate
You can't be so naive that you took their little media hissy fit at face value, can you?

They obeyed the court order and cracked the phone while publicly saying they would fight it to the end, because now they're seen as a hero of the people's rights and the people are deluded into thinking they are safe.
>>
File: [000163].jpg (121 KB, 575x431) Image search: [Google]
[000163].jpg
121 KB, 575x431
>>69298214
So it was all a ploy to act like we need Israeli help to prove their use be false methods.. intradasting..
>>
File: Pure_5f53da_5626205.jpg (21 KB, 296x314) Image search: [Google]
Pure_5f53da_5626205.jpg
21 KB, 296x314
I love coincidences.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.