[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why was handwriting so much better in the past? Most people's
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1
File: cwletter.jpg (134 KB, 800x1236) Image search: [Google]
cwletter.jpg
134 KB, 800x1236
Why was handwriting so much better in the past? Most people's handwriting today looks like fucking chicken scratch. What happened?
>>
>>69295813
Rather than being taught proper calligraphy we're being taught that proper English is racist and discriminatory.
>>
>>69295813
Keyboards happened.
>>
>>69295813
Is it really that hard for you to figure out why?
>>
>>69296088
>Keyboards happened

So much this.
>>
mine still looks like that
>>
>>69295813
idk, do you handwrite every single one of these kinds of shit posts before you send them out?
>>
>>69295813
In case you wonder how my typing is so neat and straight, I place a ruler on my screen. Try it desu
>>
>>69295813

You average officers swordmanship was also vastly superior in the 1800s.
>>
Feathers and old pens required much greater caution to write if you didn't want to soak the paper with ink, hence higher precision and prettier handwriting. This got much worse with today's pens, and still getting worse because handwriting is becoming more and more irrelevant in this digital age.
>>
Quills are simply better than ballpoint pens when it comes to aesthetics.
>>
>>69295813
Keyboards, computers, touchscreens, etc.
Typing is the new writing
>>
>>69295813
because if you were going to be shitty at handwriting then you didnt learn to write at all. either you knew and were stellar, and you didnt know at all
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.