[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
CSA
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 40
File: image.jpg (119 KB, 413x594) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
119 KB, 413x594
How do non-Americans on /pol/ view the CSA?
>>
>>69294494

What's the CSA?
>>
>>69294765
Confederate States of Anerica
>>
Some angry people couldn't have slaves and since slaves were the foundation of their economy They rebelled. They then proceeded to get their ass kicked

They are a huge identity thing for cringeworthy 15 year olds who has that confederate flag on their wall in bunch of shitty youtube videos where they are talking about niggers.
>>
Traitors.
>>
>>69294877

Oh.

Literally no opinion then. I'm aware of its existence but it's of virtually no relevance to non-Americans.
>>
File: 1454274500139.png (768 KB, 532x1004) Image search: [Google]
1454274500139.png
768 KB, 532x1004
>>69294942
>slaves were the foundation of their economy

The CSA rebelled against a tyrannical overreach in federal power that we still see the effects of today
>>
Heroes! If it wasn't for the boys in grey either wed still have slavery or that cuck Lincoln would have made niggers equal.
>>
>>69295233
Pretty sure it was mostly about slaves famq.
>>
>>69294494
>State's rights not slave's rights

Not all are cucked here
>>
They had a cool flag so I like them (also cheap cotton for muh textile mills)
>>
>>69295356
Go easy in the state education, Bjorn
>>
>>69295356
Slavery abolition was the overreach from the federal government. I'm arguing against the common simplification that "they were racist and big meanies so they rebelled"
>>
mostly poor farmers fighting for rich plantation owners and bigotry.
the confederate flag on the picture is invalid as the full shaped flag was different.
>>
>>69295204
>but it's of virtually no relevance to non-Americans
History should be relevant to all.
>>
>>69294494
France and Britain should have recognize it.
>>
>>69295639
>Protecting human rights is government overreach

inb4
>niggers
>human
>>
They were stupid to not prepare for war better.

OPS WERE BLOCKADEDDEDED NO MORE COTTON SALES ECONOMY FUCKED

OPS WE HAVE LIKE 2.5 FACTORIES IN THE WHOLE REGION WTFSTOMPED

OPS WE RELY ON WINNING EVERY SINGLE BATTLE POSSIBLE AS A WIN OR WE LOSE DAE VICTORY FOR DA SOUF

THE CAPITAL OF RICHMOND IS RIGHT FUCKING NEXT TO WASHINGTON AND SUPER VULNERABLE DAE BAD STRATEGY

The war for them was just mismanaged. They could have prepared so much better. The North had the population, the industry, the navy, the supplies, the everything... better than the south did.
>>
>>69295356

Secession was about slavery. The War was about the Union's invasion.
>>
I respect them honestly. The fact that anyone picks up a weapon and lays their life on the line for what they believe in no matter what is worthy of a degree of respect.
>>
>>69294494

In some ways a conflict of wealthy Barbadan slave lords forcing poor whites to fight for them against the Babel-building federalists of the north.

In some ways a conflict of Norman-descended aristocrats (like the Virginian and southern mid-Atlantic officers) fighting against the mainly Anglo-Saxon officer corps of the north.

In some ways a struggle for states rights against federalism, and in some ways a rejection of the declaration and the consitution on the part of the south (see the famous speech by the CSA's vice-president apropos of this subject).

It isn't an easily summarized conflict - no war has ever been.

>inb4 southerners were racist and the Union wuz good guys !!

If only Lincoln had lived long enough to send the slaves home...
>>
>>69294494
Misunderstood and demonized by modern historians. Their cause was just (wanting state rights to be kept intact). Slavery was and is shit, but lets not act as if it was so prevalent that every southerner had them.
The CSA was fighting for southern pride more than anything, and it's very sad that their chance to be on equal footing with the north was crushed. Too many young southern boys died fighting in their dad's backyards over the war.

>t. Canuck whose father's side emigrated from Virginia, and whose great-great-grandfather fathered 5 Confederate soldiers.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-A9iJKZlRE8
>>
>>69295686

But the American Civil War didn't really have any impact outside America..? It wasn't important on the world stage.
>>
>>69296204
Not to mention they were the clear underdog and yet still held their own until Gettysburg and Jackson dying. Lee is based, Sherman is just like Patton; a complete butcher
>>
>>69295568
>>69295639
Okay okay, a lot of things lead to the rebellion, but the slavery issue was the last drop for the csa which made them rebel.
>>
>>69296350
True, but this has to be seen in the wider context of federal vs. states' authority. The slavery was just the way in which this contradiction manifested itself.
>>
It was anti-white, run by greedy kikes who didn't want to pay white men a fair wage, so they imported a bunch of niggers. If Lincoln hadn't of been killed he would have deported all the niggers and America would be 99% white today.
>>
>>69296346
Lee was shit. He couldn't win unless Stuart told him exactly where his enemy was and the only reason the Army of Northern Virginia did so well was because it had the best Corps commanders of the entire war concentrated together (Jackson, Longstreet, and Hill).
>>
>>69296283

Its effects were wide-reaching, m8.

If the USA had been divided in two - if the south had successfully broken away from the north - who knows if the US would've ever become a world power? Who knows if either the CSA or the USA would've entered WWI? You could make the case that the north's victory drastically affected the entire course of history
>>
>>69294494
They did nothing wrong

>>69295126
t. king george rex iii
>>
Deo Vindice.
>>
>>69296583
Of course, history is rarely that simple.
>>
File: 345678907654323456.jpg (208 KB, 1084x871) Image search: [Google]
345678907654323456.jpg
208 KB, 1084x871
I love Dixie

But they ruined themselves when they killed Lincoln before he could send the negroes back to Africa.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oLMU90Aa2Oo

And rednecks are very fun and nice people,this comes from personal experience.
>>
I have the utmost respect for the young men who fought and died against an invading force. Fact is only a minority of people owned slaves in the south and in most cases they didn't fight. The people who fought were the sons of poor farmers, who either didn't like slave owners or were indifferent to slavery as a whole.
>>
>>69294942
The ordinances of secession are all addressed directly to the north. The south blames them for the perversion of the federal government to serve sectional interests. Which if you look at the American system was clearly the case. Also you have to understand the Republican Platform that Lincoln ran on was unconstitutional. That was the final straw, the ascension of a single issue party who's platform was found unconstitutional by the supreme court in the Dred Scott decision.
>>
>>69294494
Noble cause that's been demonized by history more than the bloody Nazi's
>>
>>69296977
The generation of plantation owners at the time of the war didn't have anything to do with importing the niggers. It became illegal to do that like 5 decades before 1861, and that law was rigidly enforced by the Royal Navy.
>>
>>69297071

>Its effects were wide-reaching, m8.
>cites events that never happened

If we're going to engage in alternate history, we could postulate hypothetical consequences for all manner of events that never actually happened - e.g. Gavrilo Princip missing his shots, the Russian Revolution never happening, European decolonisation never happening etc.

Those hypotheticals don't have any impact on the actual importance of what actually happened though, and the fact of the matter is that the American Civil War didn't (and still doesn't) really matter to anyone but the Americans.
>>
>>69297365
so then why did you just simplify just then?
>>
>>69295669
That flag is the flag of the army of Northern Virginia and it was square. The common modern confederate flag comes from the dixie-crats.
>>
>>69297071
>If

But that is not interesting or relevant to non-Americans.
>>
>>69295946
It is overreach, because the federal government wasn't designed for the purpose of instituting social change nor should it seize the authority to. I agree that emancipation needed to happen ethically but the government crying "human rights" is the same logic for encouraging the daily genocide of babies in the womb.
>>
>>69297809
>Ireland
>talking shit about relevance

>IRELAND
>talking shit about RELEVANCE
>>
File: 1390966326378.jpg (18 KB, 303x186) Image search: [Google]
1390966326378.jpg
18 KB, 303x186
>>69297043
>Implying cavalry wasn't the eyes of all armies before the invention of planes
>>
>>69294942
They rebelled to secede because they were culturally different from the North, it was an age of nationalism
It only became about slaves once Lincoln realized that he could use freedom for slaves as a way to gain support and fuck southern economy once the war was over
>>
>>69297618
Be straight with me, are you autistic?
>>
>>69298044

When did I say Irish history was relevant? It's not. I don't go around pretending the Irish Civil War was of global importance like the yanks do with the American Civil War.
>>
B A S E D
A
S
E
D
If they hate niggers they're aight I don't know what they think about Hispanics
>>
File: image.jpg (281 KB, 2000x2000) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
281 KB, 2000x2000
>>69294494
CSA is best america

The North sucks balls
>>
File: 1445959771537.png (1 MB, 884x642) Image search: [Google]
1445959771537.png
1 MB, 884x642
>>
>>69294494

South is full of sore losers.

They got their ass beat and when the time came for reconciliation they shot the president thus dooming them to a plague of economic mediocrity and perpetual chimpouts.
>>
>>69294494
>Considered the most religious states in the country
>Still owned slaves, rather than indentured servants.

They're an embarrassment to the Christian church.
>>
I don't even have much connection to the south but this song is pretty moving desu
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bEvBCnHPM4Y
>>
>>69298461
But potato man, it was.
If things had gone differently in the civil war, the very course of modern history would have been changed. This is because the path we're on is tied to the USA and her actions since the beginning of the 20th century. If anything is changed before that, the world events would have been different.
>>
>>69298789
Where does the scripture contradict the purchase of slaves?
>>
>>69297861
Because I wanted to write a short comment about my thoughts on a chinese cartoon-board, not write you a fucking essay
>>
>>69296153
I recently read a magazine about the Civil War. Apparently it was a clusterfuck on both sides.
>>
They were racist and stuff and the rural guys. I also know Lincoln was president during that time, and richmond is like 100km from Washington so it was a stupid capital location.
>>
File: 1453584413618.png (2 MB, 900x1120) Image search: [Google]
1453584413618.png
2 MB, 900x1120
We should have supported them in exchange for more favorable trade, aka nulling the separatist tax war and killing niggers at the same time
>>
>>69298919

>If things had gone differently in the civil war, the very course of modern history would have been changed.

Yeah lad and if my auntie had balls she'd be my uncle. You could apply that shoddy reasoning to literally any event in history to inflate its importance.

The fact is it didn't go differently, it went the way it went and the actual events of the American Civil War had negligible impact on the wider world.
>>
>>69296153

The capital started in Montgomery but was moved to the strongest state in the Confederacy. Richmond lasted until the end. This was not the bad decision.

You cannot prepare for being simply outmatched.
>>
>>69299189
>racist
So was the North.
The difference is one relied on slavery and the other didn't.
>>
>>69296274

Those are all very interesting points. Have you read Albion's Seed?
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dKMTu1GDi_w

God bless them, everyone.

But seriously, it's led to an interesting dilemma. With secession clearly forbidden, what happens to the states when their interests and remoteness directly contradict federal policy? Like the original revolution was caused more or less by failure of representation for a distant colony.
>>
>>69294494
their core claims on the southern states are expired, so they can't be reinstated
>>
>>69294494

LOSERS!

They lost and still act like little bitches about it.

I don't support the weak, you want to impose your will, win next time.
>>
>>69294494
>>69294494
>>69294494

The real question is how, with so many European military observers, Europe managed to not evolve tactics with the technology going into WWI. They saw what horrendous shit happened in the American Civil war, and STILL managed to ignore everything and march millions to their doom.
>>
File: image.png (971 KB, 720x610) Image search: [Google]
image.png
971 KB, 720x610
>>69299258
Kinda ironic the Irish m8 is pointing out how "irrelevant" the Civil War was to their people
>>
>>69295233
the southern states formed the confederacy in response to lincoln getting elected and the republicans becoming dominant in the north

the republican party originated as a party against slavery to a moderate degree. they didn't initially want to make slavery illegal, but the events of the civil war lead lincoln to declare slavery illegal.
>>
>>69298789
What? Leviticus explicitly states slavery is perfectly fine.
>>
>>69297997
Lmao fundies need to just die off and stop being a thing. Are you implying that slavery was constitutional?
>>
>>69297673
They still wanted to keep them around and import them to the West.
>>
>>69299819
The term is "originalism" and it is the most consistent hermeneutical view of the document. Where does slavery contradict the Constitution sans-amendments?
>>
>>69298960
Old testament doesn't. Christian philosophy gives the west the concept of the intrinsic value of human life. One of the major reasons it caught on with the romans (especially the slaves). Abolitionists etc. applied that to those enslaved in the south. South used the Old testament as their justification, be a just master etc.

However, Paul to make Jesus more appealing to the greeks throws out the old testament claiming all the old laws were fulfilled by Jesus's sacrifice (grown greek men are not going to get circumcised to follow the laws of what at the time was a sect of judasim).
>>
>>69299704

Are we really going to start using religious writings to determine right and wrong?

Generals on both sides tended to adorn their uniforms to show how prestigious they were... a violation of Timothy 2:9.

So I guess the south was full of heathens.
>>
>>69299655

It's irrelevant to our history as a country and to most of the world outside of America. The fact that Irish people fought in that war makes it about as important to us as the Boer War (which Irish people also fought on both sides of) - that is to say it's still not important at all.

Indeed, like the Boer War, a self-contained, regional conflict typically has a limited impact outside of those directly involved in it. The American Civil War is no exception.

It's telling that, apart from positing inane hypotheticals and logical fallacies, the Americans here can't explain why the American Civil War was an important event to the world.
>>
>>69300136
I can keep a slave and view his life as eternally valuable the same way I can a son or employee, these are not at odds
>>
>>69299654
It's because technology progressed much more in the 50 years between the Civil War and WWI.
Plus, the Civil War was a moving war. No trench warfare. The closest thing to a machine gun was a hand crank thing that jammed more often than not.

The big ones are the two main weapons in any war. The service weapon and the artillery.
Civil War artillery were cannons. Plain and simple. Artillery in WWI could launch an explosive shell kilometres away.
Muskets were the dominating firearm during the Civil War still. Bolt-action sped up the reloading and fire rate of a weapon considerably, and this led to the decreasing popularity of linemen tactics, which were also prevalent in the Civil War.
>>
>>69300136
In several letters of Paul slaves are told to obey their masters.
>>
>>69300136
Also are you implying that Paul's scripture isnt inspired by God?
>>
File: Confederate.gif (952 B, 16x11) Image search: [Google]
Confederate.gif
952 B, 16x11
THE SOUTH WILL RISE AGAIN
>>
>>69300142
Are you retarded? He said the south should not have slaves because of the bible when if anything, the bible gave justification to slavery defenders. I am not arguing that the bible be used at all friend, I am merely telling that poster that what he thought was incorrect.

Not to mention you are contradicting yourself by citing the bible as well.
>>
>>69294494
The CSA stood up for what they believed in, so much so they were willing to fight and die for it. You don't see that anymore.

Regardless if you agree or disagree with slavery - the CSA FOUGHT for it. They FOUGHT for what they believed in. They didn't sit behind a pussy computer screen. They didn't peacefully protest like fucking faggots. They FOUGHT for what they believed in.

You never see this in America anymore - no one stands up for what they believe is right to the point where they are willing to fight to the death. We have become a nation of pussys and pushovers, just waiting to get riled up only to be calmed down again. We need to start fighting for what we believe again.
>>
>>69294942
http://www.civilwarhome.com/andersonville.html
Too bad you weren't there. You people should be disposed of.
>>
>>69295669
>>69295696
Yes
>>
>>69300455
The same way Hastings, Tours, and Agincourt have had an effect on the world. If the american civil war has had no indirect impact on the world, then no wars have had indirect impact.
>>
>>69300945
>fight for your beliefs
if only it were that easy. Standing up for beliefs sure worked for those Bundy guys in Oregon while being tarnished by the media overlords as yokels and RAYCISSSS.
>>
File: GuiltyAsCharged.jpg (67 KB, 439x318) Image search: [Google]
GuiltyAsCharged.jpg
67 KB, 439x318
>>69294494
>starting a war you can't wijn
>>
>>69301117

Everything that's ever happened has had some indirect impact somewhere. That doesn't make everything an important event in global history.

Seriously, and without engaging in alternate history if you would, what impact did the American Civil War have outside US borders? Why should I or any other person that's not American care about it?
>>
>>69298789

They should have kissed their feet instead of throwing chains around them
>>
>>69300488
>>69300616
The bible doesn't condemn it however christian thought and philosophy begins to see all human life as valuable and equal. If god made us in his image, how can one man be lesser than another? These are what the arguments are. It's actually kind of funny the south did things by the text while the north didn't in both religious and political spheres.

>>69300737
Paul gave a much more moderate message/interpertation. There were many interpertations.
>>
>>69301165
I actually live in Oregon, the bundy clowns were wrong. They wanted unlimited cattle grazing rights on federal land. Cattle should not be allowed to feast and shit all over the land we all use and enjoy for recreational purposes. Fuck the Bundys - they are gay. If you think cows should eat and shit all over the land then raise them on your own fucking property - not everyone else's. FYI those fags weren't even from Oregon - they are fucking pussys.
>>
>>69294494
>>69297426
>>69298722
Not sure about their cause but Confederate art is always pretty cool.

I was hoping to see more of it ITT. No Southerners in here with a folder to dump?
>>
>>69300142
>yanks in charge of history
Did you see any women generals in the war?
>>
>>69301688

>animals shouldn't be able to use federal land

lol
>>
>>69301516
>with emus
>>
>>69296153
>Implying the North didn't win because Sherman commit warcrimes by straight up killing civies
>Implying the North didn't win because they imported shitloads of irishmen to fight the war for them because Union soldiers were shit.

North won the war, and there were great victories on both sides, but North honestly were some total faggots throughout the whole thing.
>>
>>69301570
How do you define importance? If I punched my boss in the face I think he and most of my coworkers would say that's an important event. How many countries have to be affected for something to reach global importance?

Did the world wars hit enough countries for you? What about the hundred years war? Did landing on the moon do anything?

Every action has a consequence. If you want to argue global impact at least define it for us.
>>
>>69301681
Do you hold that it is impossible to hold a slave and not see his life as valuably made in the image of God?

What is the logical difference between this and the wage worker, or son?
>>
>>69294494

when i see that flag i think

>texas
>KFC
>dukes of hazard
>dixie being whistled
>america
>alamo
>guns
>>
>>69301809
that's not what i said at all faggot. if you view cattle as wildlife that's a completely different story. cattle are an asset, property to be owned and managed. they are not wildlife. i can't tell if you're being stupid to troll or if you really are an idiot. can you honestly not tell the difference between a ranch raised cow and a deer, elk, or bear?
>>
>>69301681
If all actions of ours are an extension of the will of God, and reinforced by the book of faith, how can you justify its absolution by abstract thinking without putting yourself above God?
>>
>>69294494
http://jason-cochran.com/blog/andersonville-americas-concentration-camp/attachment/andersonvilleprisoner/

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!! OMG. I'm laughing so hard.
>>
>>69302087

>respect south because they "fought for what they believed in" aka slavery
>bundys are fags thou becuz they want to use fed land to graze their cattle

I just found it ultra amusing that you find cattle grazing more objectional than slavery and that slavery is a more noble cause to fight for.
>>
>>69295233>>69297548>>69298089
http://www.civilwar.org/education/history/primarysources/secessionacts.html

>it is the desire and purpose of the people of Alabama to meet the slaveholding States of the South

>the interests and property of the people of Texas, and her sister slave-holding States

>Federal Government having perverted said powers not only to the injury of the people of Virginia, but to the oppression of the Southern slave-holding States:

http://www.encyclopediaofarkansas.net/encyclopedia/entry-detail.aspx?entryID=
>Arkansas

>Other orators pictured a South whose slavery realm would eventually take in the entire Caribbean. Governor Rector thought the single issue was slavery—“They believe slavery is sin, and we do not, and there lies the trouble”—and the records of the first session reflect this, with each of the listed “causes of complaint on the part of the people of the southern states” being concerned with the preservation of slavery.

>South Carolina
http://www.wadehamptoncamp.org/hist-scic.html

> "increasing hostility on the part of the non-slaveholding States to the Institution of Slavery"

>Mississippi
http://docsouth.unc.edu/imls/missconv/missconv.html
>the leaders and representatives of this dominant party in the non-slaveholding States have announcedthe dangerous and hostile dogma, that a conflict, irrepressible in character, exists between free and slave labor, and have declared that agitation on the subject of slavery shall continue until slavery itself shall be abolished,

>Florida
http://www.confederatepastpresent.org/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=125:florida-secession-convention-speeches-on-why-secession-is-necessary&catid=40:secession

>the institution of domestic slavery is recognized, and the right of property in slaves is expressly guaranteed.
>>69296159
This
>>
>>69302433
The war wasn't simply over slavery ffs.
>>
>>69294942
>They then proceeded to get their ass kicked
Of all the things that were wrong with your post this was the one that bothered me the most.
Saying they got their asses kicked is about as ignorant as you can get
>>
>>69302561

This meme really needs to stop. Slavery was the biggest issue by far.
>>
>>69302433
>implying the war was only over slavery
>implying 12 people is the equivalent of several states and millions of people binding together to fight a cause

clearly they do not offer basic education in Thailand. Make some more McDonalds toys and let the adults talk.
>>
>>69295126
If anything the northerners were the traitors since they were the ones fighting the people who were supporting the constitution from being infringed
>>
>>69302545
Who is denying the confederacy's motivation to protect the institution of slavery? I denied that southern economy was chiefly supported by it
>>
>>69302545
Why post all that if your not refuting anyone's argument?
>>
>>69302637
The biggest Jewish issue.
>>
>>69295463
Nederbros are on par with redpilled Finns when not cucks
>>
>>69302637
>by far.
Not even. States' rights was a huge part of it - including states' rights to allow slavery.
>>
>>69302545

>Georgia
http://georgiainfo.galileo.usg.edu/topics/government/related_article/constitutions/georgia-constitution-of-1861
>3. The General Assembly shall have no power to pass laws for the emancipation of slaves.

also ctrl+f
"slave"
http://www.ucs.louisiana.edu/~ras2777/amgov/secession.html
>>
>>69301854

>How do you define importance?

That's not what we were talking about. We were talking about importance *on a global scale*, or at the very least on an international scale.

I'll give you some random examples I suppose

>the Black Death
>the Reformation
>the French Revolution (and the American Revolution to a degree, as a precursor of sorts to the aforementioned)
>the Napoleonic Wars
>the Industrial Revolution
>the Scramble for Africa
>the Boxer Rebellion
>the Russian Revolution
>WWI
>the Spanish Civil War
>WWII
>Indian independence
>the Korean War

In contrast to all of the above, the American Civil War's impact was contained largely within the US' borders. As such, and as I've said before >>69295204 >>69296283, it's of very limited relevance if you're not American - or, being generous, it's exactly as relevant as any other self-contained, internal conflict of anywhere thousands of km away.
>>
>>69302718
Do you really expect the intricacies of the american civil war to be taught in thailand?
>>
File: 1455120482612.png (1 MB, 1864x4327) Image search: [Google]
1455120482612.png
1 MB, 1864x4327
>>69302561
Confederate leaders and the state governments that seceded all agreed it was about slavery, so they put it in their Confederate constitution that slavery was legally required.

What are you basing your opinion on? Because it's certainly not history.
>>
>>69294494
Bunch of uneducated hicks who couldn't achieve economic success without a slave labor force. They got their asses handed to them by Lincoln and grant and have been butthurt ever since.
>>
>>69302936
A battered and beaten people would agree to anything.
>>
File: Judah_P_Benjamin.jpg (13 KB, 220x273) Image search: [Google]
Judah_P_Benjamin.jpg
13 KB, 220x273
>>69302830
Is that why the Confederates had a Jew running their government?
>>
>>69302718

>less people makes your cause less legitimate and less noble

Not surprising coming from the faggot that thinks cattle grazing is somehow worse than slavery. Your entire world view is ass backwards but hey, you're from Oregon
>>
>>69297934
Wrong, P. G. T. Beauregard designed that flag to be the flag of the CSA but as you said it was square and not a rectangle.
That faggot Davis chsoe it as well as 3 others(all three of which would later be replaced) to represent the CSA.
It just so happened that Lee liked Beauregard's flag so much he made it his regiment's battle flag
>>
>>69302934
No. Quite honestly I didn't even think they had internet access. In fact, isn't most of their country enslaved to the Bubba Gump industry?
>>
File: mfw.jpg (4 KB, 192x196) Image search: [Google]
mfw.jpg
4 KB, 192x196
Slaves, dudes.

Fucking slaves.

I mean, I could totally get behind a lot of what the CSA stood for, if it wasn't for the slaves thing.

Fucking slaves. Seriously.
>>
>>69302842

Yes, States rights...over slavery. It's just a roundabout way of saying that slavery was the real issue
>>
>>69303044
>>less people makes your cause less legitimate and less noble

Yes. 12 people does not equal 9,130,000 people.

Are you really this stupid?
>>
>>69296280
Based canuk.
>>
>>69296159
that's a great way to put it
>>
>>69303185
And what was the issue about slavery in question?
>>
>>69296159
>The War was about the Union's invasion.
Is that why the South fired first and caused the invasion?
>>
>>69303185
>South Carolina Declaration of Secession

>Declaration of the Immediate Causes Which Induce and Justify the Secession of South Carolina from the Federal Union

>The people of the State of South Carolina, in Convention assembled, on the 26th day of April, A.D. 1852, declared that the frequent violations of the Constitution of the United States, by the Federal Government, and its encroachments upon the reserved rights of the States, fully justified this State in then withdrawing from the Federal Union; but in deference to the opinions and wishes of the other slaveholding States, she forbore at that time to exercise this right. Since that time, these encroachments have continued to increase, and further forbearance ceases to be a virtue.

http://www.civil-war.net/pages/southcarolina_declaration.asp
>>
>>69302749
>The CSA rebelled against a tyrannical overreach in federal power that we still see the effects of today

They rebelled because they did not want to lose their slaves. They had no problems with federal conscription of men from other states for slave-catching patrols.

There was no love for nullification when it was used by New York, Wisconsin to circumvent the fugitive slave act.

There was no right to secession in the CSA, whose constitution was to"form a permanent federal government"

>>69302797
>Why post all that if your not refuting anyone's argument?

>the south blames them for the perversion of the federal government to serve sectional interests
Pussyfooting. The interests in question were slavery.

>They rebelled to secede because they were culturally different from the North,
Untrue, as I proved with the source material

>It only became about slaves once Lincoln realized that he could use freedom for slaves as a way to gain support and fuck southern economy once the war was over
Also untrue, as per the source material
>>
>>69303225

>9 million people say slavery is ok so it is morally justifiable nobel cause

Americans everyone
>>
>>69302855
>That's not what we were talking about
That's exactly what we're talking about. If you remove consequence from actions everything you listed is unimportant.
>>
>>69301847
>Sherman commit warcrimes
I'm a southerner to the day I die and hate the Union but Sherman did nothing wrong.
What we did was rebel( though it could and should be argued that it was actually the north that rebelled against the constitution so we told them to get fucked) and when someone rebells they forefeet their rights under your laws. You then shoot and kill every single person that gets in your way of ridding your country of traitors against your nation. I would gladly have done the same were the roles reversed. No mercy.
>>
>>69303392
> The General Government, as the common agent, passed laws to carry into effect these stipulations of the States. For many years these laws were executed. But an increasing hostility on the part of the non-slaveholding States to the institution of slavery, has led to a disregard of their obligations, and the laws of the General Government have ceased to effect the objects of the Constitution. The States of Maine, New Hampshire, Vermont, Massachusetts, Connecticut, Rhode Island, New York, Pennsylvania, Illinois, Indiana, Michigan, Wisconsin and Iowa, have enacted laws which either nullify the Acts of Congress or render useless any attempt to execute them. In many of these States the fugitive is discharged from service or labor claimed, and in none of them has the State Government complied with the stipulation made in the Constitution. The State of New Jersey, at an early day, passed a law in conformity with her constitutional obligation; but the current of anti-slavery feeling has led her more recently to enact laws which render inoperative the remedies provided by her own law and by the laws of Congress. In the State of New York even the right of transit for a slave has been denied by her tribunals; and the States of Ohio and Iowa have refused to surrender to justice fugitives charged with murder, and with inciting servile insurrection in the State of Virginia. Thus the constituted compact has been deliberately broken and disregarded by the non-slaveholding States, and the consequence follows that South Carolina is released from her obligation.
>>
>>69303377
>The south fired first so they started the war
They were being blockaded and had union ships and soldiers encroaching in on them.
That's a bullshit statement and you know it
>>
>>69303553
>>69300945
>>69303553

>Regardless if you agree or disagree with slavery - the CSA FOUGHT for it. They FOUGHT for what they believed in. T

>Regardless if you agree or disagree with slavery - the CSA FOUGHT for it.

>Regardless if you agree or disagree with slavery

>Regardless if you agree or disagree

>Regardless

Where ITT have I supported slavery?
>>
>>69303553
> We affirm that these ends for which this Government was instituted have been defeated, and the Government itself has been made destructive of them by the action of the non-slaveholding States. Those States have assume the right of deciding upon the propriety of our domestic institutions; and have denied the rights of property established in fifteen of the States and recognized by the Constitution; they have denounced as sinful the institution of slavery; they have permitted open establishment among them of societies, whose avowed object is to disturb the peace and to eloign the property of the citizens of other States. They have encouraged and assisted thousands of our slaves to leave their homes; and those who remain, have been incited by emissaries, books and pictures to servile insurrection.

> A geographical line has been drawn across the Union, and all the States north of that line have united in the election of a man to the high office of President of the United States, whose opinions and purposes are hostile to slavery. He is to be entrusted with the administration of the common Government, because he has declared that that "Government cannot endure permanently half slave, half free," and that the public mind must rest in the belief that slavery is in the course of ultimate extinction.

not about slavery :)
>>
>>69296204
>The fact that anyone picks up a weapon and lays their life on the line for what they believe in no matter what is worthy of a degree of respect.
You would respect muslims wouldn't you laddie
>>
>>69303515
>You then shoot and kill every single person that gets in your way of ridding your country of traitors against your nation. I would gladly have done the same were the roles reversed. No mercy.

Then why didn't the Southern Generals do it? It's odd that the South, despite being portrayed as evil white racists who were stark raving mad foaming at the mouth evil, never went out of their way to kill civilians.
>>
>>69297466
Oh ah up the RA, mate.
>>
>>69303426
You did no such thing. You posted parts of various secessionists articles mentioning slavery as if people are denying slavery was a major factor in the cause of the civil war.
>>
>>69302855
>the American Revolution to a degree, as a precursor of sorts to the aforementioned)
We were literally the reason they had one nigger
>>
>>69303689

That's what's so fucking ridiculous about your posts

>CSA deserve respect whether you agree with them or not because they fought for what they believed in
>fuck bundys tho r u serious?

Iol the only reason you would say this is if you somehow found the bundys cause less deserving to fight for than the CSA's
>>
>>69303634
>They were being blockaded
Uh, what history book did you read? The answer is none, I know.
The blockade didn't begin until AFTER the South fired on Fort Sumter.
https://history.state.gov/milestones/1861-1865/blockade

The more you know...

>had union ships and soldiers encroaching in on them.
On the Federal piece of territory that South Carolina had sold years prior? And?
South still fired first.
>>
>>69294494
I love everything about Dixieland, the only true America
>>
>>69303502

>That's exactly what we're talking about.

??

I quote my own posts (emphasis added)

>>69301570
>Everything that's ever happened has had some indirect impact somewhere. That doesn't make everything an important event *in global history*.

>>69300455
>It's telling that, apart from positing inane hypotheticals and logical fallacies, the Americans here can't explain why the American Civil War *was an important event to the world*.

>>69299258
>The fact is it didn't go differently, it went the way it went and the actual events of the American Civil War *had negligible impact on the wider world*.

>>69298461
>When did I say Irish history was relevant? It's not. I don't go around pretending the Irish Civil War was *of global importance like the yanks do with the American Civil War*.

The (lack of a) global/international impact of the American Civil War is all we've ever been talking about.

>If you remove consequence from actions everything you listed is unimportant.

I'm not removing consequences. All of what I listed had consequences outside their own borders and often on the entire world. My entire point is that the American Civil War had very little consequences for the outside world.
>>
>>69297997
>Believes a clump of cells has personhood
>>
File: image.jpg (9 KB, 235x214) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
9 KB, 235x214
>>69294942
>civil war was fought to end slavery

When will this meme die
>>
>>69294494
Faggots. No one leaves the union. You might have a revolution but no matter what we all burn together.
>>
>>69301905
I would say yes based on christian philosophy. Why would one seek to hold in slavery someone made in the image of their own god?

The text however would permit it.

>>69302176
If all your actions are an extension of god's will, do you even have free will?
>>
>>69294494
I know as an American my opinion in this thread wasnt asked for. But honestly despite the fact that a lot of people view them as racist and backwards, it is a really respectable and brave thing they did. It is probably the last time the modern world will ever see a non-government entity really stand up and organize itself to form a real threat. Whatever they believed, they stood up for it and fought. Americans could never do that again.
>>
>>69303553
>The people of the State of South Carolina, in Convention assembled, on the 26th day of April, A.D. 1852, declared that the frequent violations of the Constitution of the United States, by the Federal Government, and its encroachments upon the reserved rights of the States, fully justified this State in then withdrawing from the Federal Union; but in deference to the opinions and wishes of the other slaveholding States, she forbore at that time to exercise this right.

I know you don't understand basic English - but that is what we would call a "thesis statement"

/ˈθiː.sJs/
because I imagine you've probably never pronounced that word before.

> but in deference to the opinions and wishes of the other slaveholding States,
deferenc
noun def·er·ence \ˈde-fə-rən(t)s, ˈdef-rən(t)s\
Popularity: Top 10% of words
Simple Definition of deference
: a way of behaving that shows respect for someone or something

a way of behaving that shows respect for someone or something

re·spect
rəˈspekt/
noun
noun: respect
due regard for the feelings, wishes, rights, or traditions of others.
The Civil War was about this right here:

>the frequent violations of the Constitution of the United States, by the Federal Government, and its encroachments upon the reserved rights of the States, fully justified this State in then withdrawing from the Federal Union

>the frequent violations of the Constitution of the United States, by the Federal Government

Just in case you didn't get that:

>the frequent violations of the Constitution of the United States, by the Federal Government

the frequent violations of the Constitution of the United States, by the Federal Government

Kind of like in 2016. Huh?

The Civil War was NEVER just about slavery.
>>
>>69302637
It was 100% about the size and scale of the federal government.
The north forced the war because they wanted to crush the south who had far more power in both politics and the economy. They did that and it is the reason the Northeast is the economic and political hub of the country whereas dixie used to be.
It was 100% about control and we lost.
Basically founding fathers vs the jews and the jews won hence the reason the US hasn't looked like what it was founded as since the 1840's
>>
>>69294494
top blokes really, I'd shout them some beer.
>>
>>69304159
Now THIS is autism.
>>
Traitors.

Also black slavery is anti-white. The correct thing to do would've been freeing the niggers and deporting them back to Africa, like Lincoln originally wanted.
>>
>>69296283
A lot of Irish died on both sides of the American civil war.
>>
>>69304309

see >>69300455
>>
>>69303966
>>CSA deserve respect whether you agree with them or not because they fought for what they believed in
>>fuck bundys tho r u serious?
>Iol the only reason you would say this is if you somehow found the bundys cause less deserving to fight for than the CSA's

No dumbfuck. Once again you are too stupid to acknowledge that 12 people does not equal 9,130,000.

What 12 people do is never as noble or respectable as to when 9,130,000 do it.

You're literally saying that a rebelling of 12 people is equivalent to 9,130,000.

The revolution of 12 people is the equivalent scope, strength, and relevance 9,130,000.

That's literally how fucking stupid you sound rn friend.
>>
>>69295126
George Washington owned slaves, North were traitors to the Nation of USA that nation was European.
>>
>>69295946
>human rights
>exists
rights are interests not truths.
>>
File: 1456207342976.jpg (114 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1456207342976.jpg
114 KB, 1280x720
>>69304415
>North were traitors to the Nation of USA that nation was European
>>
>>69299701
but only in nonunion states.
>>
>>69304207
I love how you literally do not even try having a logical response back.

>straight to insults

Thanks for showcasing how little you know of this subject. In case you'd like to have a logical argument about this you can go ahead and reply. Otherwise have a great night.
>>
File: 384764827445.jpg (802 KB, 1500x1300) Image search: [Google]
384764827445.jpg
802 KB, 1500x1300
>>69304515
Cry all you want, George Washington didn't found the USA to be a Negro state.
>>
>>69304549
>logical

*smacks lips*
/ˈθiː.sJs/
because I imagine you've probably never pronounced that word before.

> but in deference to the opinions and wishes of the other slaveholding States,
deferenc
noun def·er·ence \ˈde-fə-rən(t)s, ˈdef-rən(t)s\
Popularity: Top 10% of words
Simple Definition of deference
: a way of behaving that shows respect for someone or something

re·spect
rəˈspekt/
noun
noun: respect
due regard for the feelings, wishes, rights, or traditions of others.

hol up, hol up
*plays a banjo*

Just in case you didn't get that:

>logical
>response
we wuz rebels n' sheeit

Or make a non sperg post to begin with.
>>
File: kermit-scooter1.jpg (83 KB, 250x253) Image search: [Google]
kermit-scooter1.jpg
83 KB, 250x253
>>69294494
>The war was more about states' rights then slavery
>NOT ABOUT SLAVERY (maybe a tiny tiny bit)
>slaveholding was statistically rare in the southern states (cant remember but def less than 5% actually held slaves)
>You'd really think the 9 white hillbillies in the village, broke as fuck, shitty shelter, shitty food, shitty clothes would give an honest fuck about the 1 rich white dude living on the mansion in the hill screwing their wives?
>>
>>69304116
>If all your actions are an extension of god's will, do you even have free will?
Yes and no.
>>
>>69302993
>Bunch of uneducated hicks who couldn't achieve economic success without a slave labor force
Actually Cotton was only about 1/3rd of the south's economy. It jsut happened to be so robust that it gave us economic dominance.
The slaves couldn't keep up with the cotton gin and the looms so they were quickly becoming obsolete.When it comes to industry the north has absolutely nothing to contribute except coal, metal and oil(which we knew fuckall about at the time so technically only 2 exports) whereas the south was responsible for almost all of our food exports and everything else America sold to the rest of the world. Our ports dwarfed the north's by massive margins, literally all of our industry was better except for metal.
The vast majority of our industry was maned by white southerners with niggers only making up cotton for the most part, hispanics dealt with the tobacco and the rest was all American.
Lincoln didn't hand anyone their ass and Grant was a midlevel general who would only rank a 7 on a scale of 10. Sherman is the only reason the north really won
>>69303032
He didn't if he had we would have won. That pussy Davis was terrible
>>
The debate and tension over abolitionism was a major contributing factor to the secession of the Southern States... but remember that the overwhelming majority of Southerners were not slaveowners or aristocrats.

The majority were regular working stiffs like everybody else, men and women tired of seeing the Federal Government - a government they didn't vote for and which was largely perceived as only looking out for the best interests of one half of the country - constantly meddling in local affairs, crippling local economies to benefit wealthy industrialists in the North, and then having the gall to mock and belittle those same people.

Slavery motivated the secession of the states, but it was not what motivated the war. 1.5 MILLION Americans did not enlist to fight for the Confederacy in the worst, bloodiest war in American history just so a bunch of rich assholes could keep their niggers.
>>
>>69304665
I'm crying tears of confusion at your ESL attempt at a post.
>>
File: 1449000467740.jpg (87 KB, 960x540) Image search: [Google]
1449000467740.jpg
87 KB, 960x540
>>69294942
>being this stupid, while thinking you are so smart

Im Hispanic, and the only thing funnier than 2 a.m Wal-Mart americans are all the smug europeans who are fucking stupid despite being educated. If I had a dollar for everytime a "well educated" European said something retardedly ignorant with all the smugness and self satisfaction of a child who can't see how silly he really is I would be rich.

How about you travel the South, read some history books, and form an educated opinion based on facts rather than hubris?
>>
>>69295327
No one 'made' niggers equal: they always were equal. The CSA didn't recognise this fact.
>>
>>69304725
You do have free will you fucking idiot.

There's no one telling you or forcing you to stop what you want to do.

Some imaginary man from a book written by sheep herders 2000 years ago has no control over your actions.
>>
>>69304697
Obviously you cannot gather what that information is saying so maybe you will understand it if it's rewritten.

South Carolina, the 1st state to leave the union, seceded behind the principle that the US Federal Government was continuously and intentionally violating the US Constitution.

If what you're saying, is that you do not agree with the US Constitution, then that's a different story.
But the fact that South Carolina started the Civil War by seceding over the Federal Government's abuse of power and blatant violation of the US Constitution is a legitimate noble and respectable feat. It's not about slavery, it's about standing up to the federal government because they're abusing their powers and violating the US Constitution.

Thanks for playing though.
>>
Sometimes at night, I dream of being Samuel L. Jackson and killing Southern cracka boys.
>>
File: 1455371481772.jpg (158 KB, 886x1280) Image search: [Google]
1455371481772.jpg
158 KB, 886x1280
>>69304815
>but remember that the overwhelming majority of Southerners were not slaveowners or aristocrats.
Yeah, they were poor whites mostly fighting for what their feudal aristocracy told them to.

Remember that the South had HUGE desertion issues during the war, and had to form a federally run Provost Marshals system to reign in deserters by burning out their homes so they had nothing to run away to.

Plus the South, for all its talks about rights, implemented conscription for men after a year of fighting.

So it was a poor man's fight whether he wanted it or not. And a lot, like west Virginians, east Tennesseans, Mississippians of Jones county, and more, said "fuck it" and fought against the Confederacy during the war.
>>
>>69300455
A divided America would have been a weaker America.

>No WWII supplies from an industrial powerhouse
>No WWII aid from a country with plenty of cannon fodder.
>No WORLD POLICE (A damn good thing if i do say so myself)
>No Vietnam war
>No Korea war
>No one to run the USSR out of resources...
>No kicking the hornets nest of the middle east

The U.S. is such a powerful nation at it is, and makes everyone's business it's business... Any kind of destabilization would have had profound effects.
>>
>>69305141
>seceded behind the principle
Literally the only excuses they could list around this principle were based on slavery.

Show me ten abuses of power not rooted in slavery in ANY capacity that South Carolina cites.

Thanks for playing though.
>>
>>69303111
Slavery really wasn't that bad in comparison to anywhere else. Everyone always cites muh chattel but they're ignorant of the fact that that was literally the only major difference in slavery and even then it was only different from SOME instances of slavery.
Most instances of slavery were the exact same or worse.
North Carolina is the only state that even had massive Slavery(literally 3 to 1 ratio of slaves to citizens)
Everywhere else it was pretty small.
But that's only nigger slavery
What you don't know is that the north actually loved slaver, specifically irish slavery which my ancestor(Cromwell) sadly enjoyed throughly.
Just as many irish slaves went to and were housed in America as nigger slaves in half the time(100 years instead of 200) specifically the north which boasted far more irish slaves but they liked to call them "endentured servants" even though they were never released from bondage from any contract. They were called such because yankees liked to pretend they were better than everyone else(remind you of anyone)
>>
>>69304958
They never were nor are equal.
>>
File: tumblr_nov4d8LVmf1qzkrfxo1_1280.jpg (288 KB, 1280x853) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nov4d8LVmf1qzkrfxo1_1280.jpg
288 KB, 1280x853
>>69294494

>how do non-Americans view the CSA

I don't know, I'm not a southern traitor. But for some reason they cream their tightie-whities over the CSA despite getting their asses kicked.

Pic related. It's not the CSA flag, faggot.
>>
>>69304061
You are removing consequence. Your original point and again why I asked you to define importance here.
>It's irrelevant to our history as a country and to most of the world outside of America.
You refuse to see the consequences stemming from this war and how it affects others which once again, leads me to my point.

If you remove consequence then nothing you mentioned has affected anything. Wars? So what, a bunch of people died. Disease? Who cares just more death. Religious reformation? Big deal.

From what I gather your point is that the american civil war was a war between the north and the south? Thank you for pointing that out I feel so enlightened
>>
>>69305166
The South fought to not have niggers as citizens.
>>
>>69305441
>traitor
To what?
>>
>>69304037
This is just like the bullshit story with Poland and Germany in WW2(as well as with Russia)
Poland mobilized their entire fighting force and had them prepairing to attack the germans so Hitler said fuck that and blew them to hell. So everyone says Germany started it when that could be farther form the truth. Russia did the same thing so Germany again attacked them before they were bum rushed to save casualties.
>>
>>69305470
By fighting they actually created that world.
>>
>>69305575
No, by losing the war the Marxists enforced their egalitarianism.
>>
>>69305552
>they wuz good boys, dey dindu nuffin except fire first even if the blockade wasn't announced (let alone begun with the handful of ships in the Union navy) until after Fort Sumter
>need mo money fo dem slavery programs
that's nice
>>
>>69305072
>If all your actions are an extension of god's will, do you even have free will? Yes and no.
I'm assuming you can read, since you read my post. I'm also assuming you can tell that the other poster asked me a question and I answered based on the premise he provided in the question. If both of these assumptions are correct, you now understand why you're a fucking idiot for posting this.
>>
There is nothing to discuss, South lost, traitor invader occupant northerners won, next time South will win and niggers will go.

Kill some more Yankees.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oLMU90Aa2Oo
>>
>>69305630
Yes, by losing the war they started that they didn't need to start.
>>
>>69305677
Slavery on foreign races is good.
>>
>>69305719
Irish-American civil war music is the best.
>>
>>69305788
I don't disagree, I just think South Carolina was retarded and fucked the rest of the South.

Really it stands to reason that the dumbest Southern state, the one that didn't even let all white men vote, is the one that fucks everything up.
>>
>>69305722
There is nothing to discuss, next time victory and yankees deported, niggers gone, beaners gone.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IUjLE_N1Cuc
>>
>>69305552
I thought Poland was slaughtering the ethnic German minority in Poland that forced Hitler to act
>>
>>69305911
>next time
Shouldn't have started it and lost the first time, I guess. At least you have ambitions.
>>
>>69305993
Sounds like he's mixing his conspiracy theories up while in damage control mode.
>>
>>69305722
Your not suggesting slavery wouldn't have ended if the civil war never happened are you?
>>
File: america_gun.jpg (379 KB, 2000x1000) Image search: [Google]
america_gun.jpg
379 KB, 2000x1000
>>69305538

America.
>>
>>69304383
The Civil war effected trade for a lot of nations around the world.
But, just for specifics because you seem to be a faggot
The invention of metal ships, as well as numerous advancements in military weaponry as a result of the American Civil effected the entire planet.
>>
>>69305213

>what if these things that never happened did actually happened

but they didn't happen anon

What if the Mongols had reached the Atlantic?

What if Gavrilo Princip had slept in?

What if China never banned sailing?

What if the Industrial Revolution happened in India?

If you're best argument for the importance of the American Civil War is that some important things might have happened a hundred years later if it had turned out differently, it only emphasises the utter irrelevance of the American Civil War.

>>69305462

You can't keep using the same straw man over and over. I never said it had no impact whatsoever, it clearly did *within* American borders. My point is, and has been since the very start of this thread, that it had negligible impact outside of US borders.

>Disease? Who cares just more death.

Aside from wiping out 30% of the population of Europe, it undermined the prestige of the clergy helpless to stop the plague and the authority of the Pope as a result. Laid the groundwork for the Reformation.

> Religious reformation? Big deal.

Caused dozens of wars, reshaped the world's largest religion, reshaped the politics of Europe ultimately giving birth to the modern concept of the nation-state and spawned conflicts that still last to this very day. The Reformation had an absolutely massive impact.
>>
>>69306074
There were prominent Southern leaders that wanted to end slavery, and Lincoln made his position clear in that he didn't want to end slavery overnight.

Had the South not seceded, they could have continued to work within government to block any extreme acts against them, while segueing their economy and social system to phase out slavery or blacks or both.

South Carolina chimping out over Lincoln fucked every one because there was no reason to fight a war. Please note, South Carolina was literally the worst Southern state too. It regularly fucked the rights of white men over.
>>
>>69306260

Ugh, saw this too late

>If you're best argument for the importance of...

your*
>>
>>69294494
Confederates were based
>>
>>69305166
>they were poor whites mostly
Up until the civil war the american south actually was in the top 5 safest places to live on earth. It also had one of the best GDP per capita ratings on the planet.
>inb4 you go full retard and say hurr durr just a bunch of hillbilly faggots
>>
File: southcarolina.png (229 KB, 849x749) Image search: [Google]
southcarolina.png
229 KB, 849x749
>>69305288
>didn't even open the link and read South Carolina's Deceleration of Secession.

>doesn't understand content
>doesn't understand that 37 actually IS greater than 20

Seriously, thanks for playing though. You tried.
>>
File: ameirca.png (148 KB, 902x1216) Image search: [Google]
ameirca.png
148 KB, 902x1216
>>69306112
What is America, is this America?
>>
File: ameirca.jpg (230 KB, 902x1216) Image search: [Google]
ameirca.jpg
230 KB, 902x1216
>>69306558
this?
>>
Slavery was the retroactive feel good excuse the north came up with and pinned on the south to take the moral high ground.
>>
>>69306112
Actually the north was the traitor in this instance since they broke multiple parts of the constitution both before, during, and after the war which is by definition a traitorous act.
>>
In the civil war Confederate ships docked in Australia (and maybe NZ, can't remember), and lots of men stowed away on board and ended up fighting for the south
>>
>>69306296
So no then
>>
>>69306501
>Implying poor whites go around killing everyone and being criminals like niggers and spics and arabs do

Not only that, but Southern values son, of course it was a safe area
>>
>>69306503
>take 15 minutes to form a response
>can't even list any abuses of power not rooted in slavery

Thanks for playing. Try reading their declaration of secession next time. I cited it in an earlier post and it supports my position. When you want to refute it feel free to cite something from it supporting your position instead of a "words devoted to issues" and not "numbers of issues" chart. lol
>>
>>69300533
Fun fact, the civil war saw the one of the first uses of trench warfare. It was also considered the first modern war.

But that's just my 5th grade history class talking. And we all know how notoriously wrong they can be.
>>
File: 1459155255009.png (199 KB, 500x483) Image search: [Google]
1459155255009.png
199 KB, 500x483
>>69294494

British expat here.

The confederates are a footnote in history. Rebels who got suppressed. What America would have been without France in the Revolution.
>>
>>69305993
That's not an act of war though, it could be considered a precursor maybe but it wouldn't invite anything more than a threat of war if it wasn't stopped.
>>69306039
>conspiracy theories
Facts you bluepilled yankee cuck
>>
>>69306260
>Laid the groundwork for the Reformation.
>Caused dozens of wars, reshaped the world's largest religion, reshaped the politics of Europe ultimately giving birth to the modern concept of the nation-state and spawned conflicts that still last to this very day. The Reformation had an absolutely massive impact.
This is exactly what I'm talking about. Consequences. I'm glad to see you're on boat now.

The american civil war is an important global event because its effects on trade, the direction and formation of the United States of America and our resulting position as a dominant world leader today.
>>
>>69306558
Was America this particular government?
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/38th_United_States_Congress
under this particular president?
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Abraham_Lincoln
>>
>>69306816
>Facts you bluepilled yankee cuck
Yeah I cited my post with facts. Where are yours? Sounds like you conceded the point since you couldn't refute it with citations.
>>
The South Will Rise Again, son.
>>
>>69306260
Actually what you just said is the perfect frame for how it HAS effected the world. The fact that all these things DID come to pass when they obviously couldn't have with a fractured America.
>>
>>69297466
Pretty much this. My ancestors were poor farmers whom fought for the confederacy. Was always plenty of fun to bring up while arguing with SJWs in class when they'd try to play the white privilege card and trying to make people feel guilty for ancestry. Most of them, when confronted with a person whom is willing to state such things and not bend over for them they have no idea what to say. Particularly since I get to bring up that the same side of my family was all poor as fuck until recently when my grandfather instilled the family work ethic, moral values/duty to community, and the necessity of education in his children and then they all became rich and successful.
>>
>>69306707
That it was
enjoy the lack of snow while the yankeefucks freeze
>>
Fun fact: the American public was indifferent to slavery until a liberal media starting writing "stories"

Most slavers worked right alongside their slaves and only a small amount owned more than a handfull
>>
Fought for slavery and lost, but very aesthetic.
>>
>>69306872
If that was America then what is the name of the state today and is this state a traitor to the previous one in 1864?
>>
>>69295545
Thumbs up
>>
>>69306996
>Mfw post war, they let niggers free, gave em rights, gave spics rights, and wouldn't let us actually control them from being fucking niggers
>South now ruined forever
>Northerners have the audacity to say the South has the highest crime rates and worst everything when it's literally skewed because of all the niggers
>>
>>69306743
>Implying slavery was the only abuse of power
>Implying the north even floated the idea of ending slavery until they were already a year into the conflict
Go fuck yourself you ignorant cuck
>>
>>69307078
>fought for the white man and lost
The north won and what occurred was power lost from Whites.
>>
>>69294494
Daily reminder to dirty, grit-eating, tobacco chewing southerners: the CSA is a traitorous, anti-american entity, and you're a traitor if you put the confederate flag above the US flag
>>
>>69307132
Send them north and have state borders deny all niggers entry.
>>
>>69307193
Daily reminder the north was a traitor to the white man.
>>
>>69303502
I think he understands what you're saying, but he's right. The civil war didn't mean much to everyone else, because in the end, America still existed as one country, same as before. Of course, if the south won, then it'd be significant and there would probably be global ramifications. But we didn't win. So nothing really changed for everyone els. Business as usual. We don't measure importance based off of what could have happened. We talk about WWI, the enlightenment, etc, because it did happen the way it did. We never learned about what would happen if hitler won
>>
>>69306874
What is your claim exactly? In all your many posts I still dont know what your trying to say. I get that you dont like the confederacy. Is that all you want to say?
>>
>>69306816
>Hitler protecting millions of Germans

>b-but act of war
>>
>>69307132
Don't forget that the worst cities in America are all hellholes that were ran into the ground by democrats, all have massive nigger and spic populations, and are almost exclusively in the north or commiefornia
>>
North fought for niggers, South fought for white mans absolute dominance and interest.
>>
>>69307345
millions of Germans, jesus that's practically a whole German civilization.
>>
>>69298723
You are an ignorant faggot.
>>
>>69307306
That's what I'll never understand. Why the fuck would anyone give a shit about Slavery being a moral issue anyway? I mean was slavery really that fucking bad anyway? God damn, if they would have waited a few years, I guarantee they'd have been shipped back to Africa by the Southerners themselves due to the invention of the Cotton gin anyway. What was it about "Freeing the slaves" That enticed the Northerners to fight a civil war?
>>
>>69307359
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dKMTu1GDi_w
to arms, we will conquer and dominate.
>>
File: neat.png (234 KB, 496x381) Image search: [Google]
neat.png
234 KB, 496x381
>>69306743
>Try reading their declaration of secession next time. I

I did. 37% of it is about states' rights. 20% is about slavery.
Somehow you are making some imaginary justification behind how 20% is greater than 37%.

Please - enlighten me. In what universe or scenario is 20% greater than 37%?

When is 20% ever bigger than 37%?

37% of their Secession notice was about states' rights.

20% was about slavery.

37% is more than 20%.

I know, it's tough - it really is tough to understand - but you start with 20 - 2-0. So you count, okay:
1-2-3-4-5-6-7-8-9-10-11-12-13-14-15-16-17-18-19-20

STOP. That's where slavery is at in terms of content - 20. 2-0. We just counted. Stay with me, okay?

20 - that's where we left off at. 20. So we counted to 20. We are at 20. Slavery is 20. 20.

20-21-22-23-24-25-26

TRY TO STAY WITH ME!

26-27-28-29-30

OH SHIT. NOT IN THE 20S ANYMORE. STAY WITH ME. IT'S ALMOST OVER!!!

30-31-32-33-34-35-36-....

36.... 37

State's rights is at 37.

So content wise, I know this is SO hard to understand, but content wise - content wise. Content. Wise. CONTENT. Content. content wise slavery is at 20 and states rights is at 37.

Please enlighten me as to how 37 is greater than 20. You're wrong.
>>
>>69299298
Richmond could have fallen in early 1863 if Maclellan wasn't such a pussy about being "outnumbered" during the peninsula campaign.
>>
>>69307485
Daily reminder the amount of white blood that is on freeing negroes.

14,827 Americans die each year from crimes, that's 90k Americans dead in 6 years from criminal murderers, 50% of which are from blacks which compose 12% of the population, blacks are responsible for 45k deaths every 6 years.
>>
>>69307345
Learn to read you stupid cunt
I was referring(clearly since I linked the spot and then proceeded to type under it as per the proper way to respond to a post in the accepted format of 4chan) that Polish killing ethnic Germans in Poland couldn't be an act of war but only the reason for threat of war if not stopped.
You're an idiot
>>
>>69307600
States rights to do what though? Have slaves.
>>
>>69307485
Nice b8.
The cotton gin resulted in even more slaves being used.
>>
>>69307485
Daily reminder when your daughter gets raped or killed by a negro and the media never reports it but reports a white man defending himself, that's on the northern victory.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 40

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.