[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Please explain why nationalism itself is good
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 4
File: salute.gif (40 KB, 356x200) Image search: [Google]
salute.gif
40 KB, 356x200
I'm not talking about racial pride, but specifically pride of your country.
>>
>>69271731
It can be good or bad.

It allows a nation to work together more so than it ever has before to accomplish whatever goals it wants.

Jews don't like it because it means they have a harder time scamming people since the general population will get very angry if one of their own gets scammed.
>>
Because a nation is just a pseudonym for the ethnography of a region.
>>
>>69271939
>It allows a nation to work together more so than it ever has before to accomplish whatever goals it wants.

Basically this. It encourages cooperation and community, which is very beneficial to the success of a nation. When no one cares about their country or anyone outside of their immediate family, you get a dysfunctional free for all system that benefits no one.
>>
>>69271731
Nationalism isn't just pride of your country. Nationalism is like loving your mother, not because she is the best mother in the world, but because she is yours.
>>
>>69271939
I agree it can be good or bad. I would be proud of my country and want to serve it only if the laws lined up with my values. So if I lived in a country like Iceland I would be pretty nationalist. If I lived anywhere outside a progressive liberal country I would hate it and wouldn't mind wiping my ass with the flag.
>>
Generally nationalism on some level reminds you to protect your countries interests - which are really your interests.

There are plenty of historical examples of where nationalism went wrong though. Nationalism is a good way to rally people behind stupid things.
>>
File: 1459048165949.png (134 KB, 380x380) Image search: [Google]
1459048165949.png
134 KB, 380x380
>>69271731

As Americans, it's easy for us to think nationalism is good. Because, for us, it is: An ethnically diverse nation sharing cultures and uniting under a broader culture for the good of humanity.

However, to the rest of the world, nationalism just means "literal ethno-fascist nazi."

Which also goes a long way in explaining why our multiculturalism works and Europe's most certainly does not.
>>
File: 1450672818023.jpg (41 KB, 550x512) Image search: [Google]
1450672818023.jpg
41 KB, 550x512
>>69272005
But an American from rural Georgia very well may be willing to die for filthy hipsters in Austin

Austin...
>>
Don't get it.

It's like saying I'm proud of having big feet......I just have big feet....There's No big deal
>>
>national pride is bad
>but racial is cool
100% American post
>>
>>69271731
>but specifically pride of your country
Historically nationalism was just a propaganda tool of the government to rally it's citizens into fighting whatever battles/wars they wanted where in the past government (namely Kings at the time) relied on mercenary armies.

You saw the same thing with the massive neocon propaganda campaign leading up to and after the Iraq war started.
>>
>>69271731
>Please explain why nationalism itself is good
You're doing what's best for your people and seeing it to it that they progress and elevate, little by little.
>>
>>69271731
if you have "pride" in your country you will try to make it better
if you have no "pride" you probably could care less how terrible it turns out.

EX: don't throw trash on the street because you have pride in your community and don't want it to be a disgusting mess.

having pride in your country so that you hate every other country is kind of a bad thing though
>>
>>69271939

This.
>>
>>69271731
Nationalism is good for a homogenous country but it is a threat to classism and the rich in particular who like to be at the top and have those below them slave away for all their needs.

Diversity and multiculturalism has been and is now being pushed so hard because a diverse society is not homogenous and has a much harder time calling each other brother or sister. This is the reason nazi Germany was annihilated.
>>
>>69271731
Well ideally it would be one in the same because your nation would be populated by people of your race.
>>
The whole idea of being thrown into existence. You do not have a choice when it comes to your parents and the nation you are born in. I love my parents and i love my nation. Because they aid me into existence. Even if you hate your government, if your cuntry is being overrun, infested with shitskin, it is still home. Homeland is priceless. I would fight if there is a war.
>>
File: ferguson-riots-600.jpg (94 KB, 600x400) Image search: [Google]
ferguson-riots-600.jpg
94 KB, 600x400
>>69274602
>our multicultrualism works
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.