[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why does American society love to sweep mental healthcare under
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2
File: brain1.jpg (101 KB, 660x528) Image search: [Google]
brain1.jpg
101 KB, 660x528
Why does American society love to sweep mental healthcare under the rug, and consider it a personal problem that only you can deal with?

One idividual's mental disease can and has been shown to be me more devistating than one's physical disease. There are high suicide rates, there are sociopaths running around bein tricksters, there are delusional autists who shoot up schools, there are muslims who have become so indoctrinated by propoganda and religion, they actually believe they are killing for a greater good. These and many more issues stem from mental illness.

America appears to have this stigma that you are weak and inferior if you are mentally ill in one way or another. Having struggled with depression myself, I can tell you that it sucks and you can't just "smile more," etc. There is a chemical imbalance in your brain and your mind really feels like doing fuck all about it.

Im not suggesting we drug people up on happy pills, but rather invest, as a state or individually, into a better way to recieve treatment/therapy for those suffering.
Nigger Nigger Nigger Nigger
Nigger Nigger Nigger Nigger
>>
>>69269847

I agree anon

But why did you add those last 8 words
>>
>>69270593
for bonus points
>>
>>69269847
>Nigger Nigger Nigger Nigger
>Nigger Nigger Nigger Nigger
all I read tbqh senpai
>>
>>69270851
Ok Google, how to delete a 4chan post
>>
File: suicide.jpg (25 KB, 576x372) Image search: [Google]
suicide.jpg
25 KB, 576x372
Depressive feelings have depth and motives that require self-awareness, empathy and not being a fucking retard.

Guess why all the normies dismiss mental illness?

Wait, they dont; if you have a VAGINA, then people care.

It really boils down to the fact that Western Society does not give a rats ass about men, even successful men. Look at all the famous, attractive males that killed themselves.

Rarely do famous attractive females do that because their life's purpose is to get Chad's seed, so they never really dip that low.
>>
>>69269847
Because psychiatry was exposed several times as a hoax.
We do not have an on-off switch for sanity.
Taking care of people means throwing out the pills and actually taking care of people, and we're really awful at that.
>>
>>69271176
so you are saying people ignore it because the group of people most predisposed to having a mental illness are
>fucking white males

It all makes sense now... damn jews.
>>
>>69271353
>We do not have an on-off switch for sanity.
Certain brain trauma can make you insane.
>>
>>69271443

Nice meme.

>>/r9k/ go back
>>
By design capitalism doesn't want people to be happy. Unhappy people consume more to fill the hole in their heart.
>>
>>69269847

>tfw OCD and intrusive thoughts
>tfw half my life is obsessing over pointless thoughts which happened half an hour ago

You can never know these feels
>>
>>69271565
Nice assumption, but I think there are other factors other than it being an identity issue, I think it goes into how americans are socialized in pre/elementary school.

We are taught to not be disruptive, we are taught to only speak when called upon or spoken to. I see how if a child were to take these things as black and white truth, it becomes clear to me that they would not be willing to go get help if they were to come down with a mental illness.

Americans are socialized to live and breathe independence. This is not a healthy way to bring up children. When you bring up a child on exclusive self reliance, you could easily turn him anti-social. Such a child would be against community and togetherness. Yes, people should be taught to rely on themselves and do their own work, but there is nothing wrong with a little help from willing friends or loved ones. When one is a member of a nurturing, productive community, I will guarantee you their satisfaction in life will go up.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.