[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey /pol/, I'm writing an essay on the causes for Trump's
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 4
File: 1377951791917.jpg (74 KB, 467x700) Image search: [Google]
1377951791917.jpg
74 KB, 467x700
Hey /pol/,

I'm writing an essay on the causes for Trump's unprecedented support. I've theorized that his support is a direct reaction to the increasingly-radical left.

So far, my main points include:
>Conservatives are tired of being slandered and abused every time they turn on the TV
>Conservatives are tired of the backlash that results from sharing their views in public
>Conservatives feel disenfranchised and neglected by the government, and thus feel like second-class citizens

Why do you think Trump is receiving so much support?

And when exactly did Democrats become so awful? I don't remember them being this fascist in the early 2000's.
>>
>>69250831
Trump is receiving support because people are tired of Washington and politics. This is mirrored by the rise of Bernie Sanders on the left. People don't trust career politicians to govern and they would rather place their bets on some unknown outsider than stay with the status quo. Given both republicans and democrats feel that the status quo will hurt the country, lots of people on both sides are desperately searching for some outlet. Trump and Sanders gave them that outlet.
>>
>>69250831
The Democrats started being awful in 1964 and became pure evil in 2012.
>>
>>69252108
Awesome, I'll add that.

>>69252201
Was 2012 the turning point for their behavior? What happened in 2012 to cause this?
>>
File: 2016 presidential race updated3.jpg (109 KB, 1226x611) Image search: [Google]
2016 presidential race updated3.jpg
109 KB, 1226x611
>>69252108
>and they would rather place their bets on some unknown outsider than stay with the status quo
Fucking this
>>
>>69252379
President Butt Naked was reelected because the GOP threw the election.

The "autopsy" claimed that they just needed to cuck harder.
>>
>>69252379
I'm glad you like it. I've been preparing to write essays on the subject for a while just in case it would come up.
>>
>>69252883
>"What we really need this year is someone who can capture the youth vote, inject some serious policy into this 2012 race and present a clear alternative to President Obama's...GODDAMMIT RON GTFO YOU GET NO DELEGATES GO HOME ALREADY! Now, where were we? That's right, Mitt Romney!"
>>
Talk about how liberals are starting to feel alienated by an increasingly ultra-progressive left.
>>
How do you guys feel about the way conservatives are treated nowadays? I used to like watching the Daily Show because Stewart didn't shit on conservatives, but instead made tongue-in-cheek jokes. Now whenever I want to watch Comedy Central, someone is calling my candidate and I racist and sexist when that isn't true. I think that kind of behavior has pushed a lot of people further right than before.
>>
>>69253325
Are they? I wouldn't be surprised, but I haven't seen many moderate liberals denouncing the progressives.
>>
>>69253373
I haven't even tried watching CC in a couple years, a brief clip of Larry Whinemore and the empty suit they have on the Daily Show now was enough to convince me there was nothing for me there anymore. All I'm trying to do now is spread the idea that the media is 100% toxic, that propaganda is presented as entertainment and how pre-digested ideas are regurgitated into people's heads through TV. You really can only do this locally in your immediate area, but even unplugging one person can make a difference.
>>
>>69250831
I personally think it's because there aren't any answers in established politicians. They all will do the same over and over without any reason to change anything. People want the change Obama promised will come.
>>
>>69253783
I haven't been politically-aware for very long, but I feel like the media used to be much more "diverse." I feel like their used to be a lot of mainstream conservatives on TV, but now we just have Fox News and that lunatic Glenn Beck in a sea of liberal shit.
>>
File: image.jpg (2 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2 MB, 3264x2448
>>69250831
Your main points are retarded. Trump's unprecedented support comes from people like me who have never voted because we refuse to buy into a system that spits in our face, offering only the faint promise of incremental improvement in marginal areas.

In Trump we see a possibility for a President who feels as we do, or more likely a President who will tear the status quo to shreds as he furthers his own agenda.

Either way, this world is going to burn. But, I'm glad that we'll burn together.
>>
>>69254331
Going by just the past 10 months or so, it appears to me as if the big networks which traditionally pandered to specific demographics (MSNBC to the hard liberals, FOX to the right-wingers, CNN to people too disconnected to know what they believe) have suddenly lined up as one against Trump, parroting the same phrases and carrying the same hit-piece stories. It's really weird to see people I'm used to being opposed to one another all saying the same things in unison, really shatters the illusion of diversity.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XvyRIgPImOY
>>
>>69254875
I'm adding something about that, and it'll be my main main point. Why do you feel the others are retarded? I've spoken to a lot of people who feel marginalized and attacked by the "new left."

Any criticism helps, I want this to be perfect.
>>
>>69254894
Thanks for this; helps a lot.
>>
>>69250831
It has pretty much nothing to do with Trump.

1. It happens in pretty much every single Western country. The exact same movement.
2. The enemies of these movements are the reasons things are how they are: Lying media, brainwashing, a loud minority trumping a silent majority, career politicians, politicians organising enough votes from different minorities by shitting on the "normal" demographic who had no one to turn to, reversal of free speech, PC culture, destruction of core values, killing the middle class etc. etc.
3. The left is openly saying they are happily exchanging the people, i.e. securing future votes by bringing in foreign people to the point they can ignore your vote. In the US "you will never get a majority without the hispanics again", in Germany the left parties are pushing for giving immigrants full voting rights, and so on.
4. All these nations are so rich that they could allow these luxury problems instead of talking about real problems, but they are all starting to see the cost of it. Best example Sweden. Crime, school performance, debt rising. In Germany - wages falling, people only getting part-time jobs.
5. The left is making true the old prophecy "the next time facism returns it will be under the name of anti-fascism". People are catching on to what it means when you get jailed for tweets, when blacks can be openly racist, when your President is race-baiting, when people get bombed and your government defends the murderers.
6. Pretty much no one goes from libertarian/moderate conservative to liberal. All they can do is import new voters or brainwash the young until they come into contact with reality. Once you're redpilled, you don't go back. So the more attention Trump gets, the more eyes open, and the more eyes stay open. People like Hillary can pretty much only lose. They get the votes by default, but no one converts to them.

Post too long, write your own essay I guess
>>
File: voter turnout 2016 update.jpg (107 KB, 1024x576) Image search: [Google]
voter turnout 2016 update.jpg
107 KB, 1024x576
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8NVVwZVd6ZM
>MSNBC tries to set up a clip showing how rasis Trump supporters are
>cut to based black supporter saying it like it is

Another good one
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gI9MCvK2MGs
>BLM faggots yell insults at based black supporter who stands ground with reason and logic

Destroying any trust anyone has left in the media should be higher-priority than it currently is.
>>
>>69255681
So this isn't a new thing at all. Thanks for the information.

>>69255901
Very interesting, thanks.

Thanks everyone, I think I have all I need now. Great thread, very productive.
>>
>>69256206
It's new for the US because you guys only have two parties and in those parties, you still have to suck establishment dick to get put up.

It's the equivalent of how in Europe, there was always one conservative block fighting one leftist block. But because of the aforementioned reasons, people realised that these blocks are now pretty much the same left-of-center block and not acting in their interest, so formed new parties, a third block, which got huge everywhere (Sweden, Germany, NL, Austria..).

Trump is the third block of the US, except that he had to go through the GOP due to your weird system.

The reasons behind it and the mechanisms trying to keep him down are all the same.
>>
>>69256760
I guess I should do some research into foreign politics, then. I didn't even think of that.
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.