[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Video game violence.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 4
File: crazy cracker.jpg (42 KB, 635x450) Image search: [Google]
crazy cracker.jpg
42 KB, 635x450
Since when did shooting up airports with innocent people in video games become socially accepted?

Fucking 11 year olds play this shit jesus christ.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8NMnnMRWJ-0

I wonder who's behind this? I mean what the actual fuck? We seem to be slipping further and further. Are the Jews pushing this unto our children? Or is this just a by product of unsteered capitalism?
>>
Kids aren't even supposed to be playing it in the first place. Bad parenting is the problem here, not the game itself.
>>
It's just a video game you fucking faggot.
>>
>>69249069
>M 17+
>>
>>69249069
our culture is in the gutter, movies, literature, music, games

it's by design
>>
>>69249069
Blame it on parents and autistic Let's Players on Youtube.
>>
>>69249069
>I am so triggered by this media
Maybe you should go back to tumblr
>>
>11 year olds play this shit

Thats a problem with bad parenting, not the game
>>
>>69249557
Exactly, the intended audience is expected to understand that they can't go shooting up places for shits and giggles in real life.
>>
>>69249069
just look at that face. how the fuck was that sick looking fucking faggot allowed to live at all. should have been exterminated on sight.
>>
>>69249069
>MUH MORALS!
>>
>>69249069
That's why the age restriction exists. Might as well be complaining about the liquor industry for underage drinking.

Also COD is shit by design that relies on the one controversial mission per game to be relevant.
>>
Violence in movies existed far before videogames and vigilance in littriture existed far before movies . why don't we just babie proof the whole world . you liberal cucks will never follow your logic far enough to see its flawed.
>>
>>69249069
1. It's rated M for a reason
2. There's a warning right before the mission starts that tells you what you're getting into and gives you the option to skip it.

tldr kill yourself
>>
>>69249069
You're seven years late to the party, op.
>>
Policing creative content is wrong no matter who does it.
>>
>>69250187
Violence in literature*
>>
>>69250242
Yeah well what the fuck do I know. Do kids still use gameboys these days?
>>
>>69250731
The GameBoy line ended in 04 when the DS started. How can you be so out of touch?
>>
>>69250731
I do, Anon. I do.
>>
>>69250952
Its all the same crap, just a different cover.
I don't go out in the cities and don't spend much time on the internet, to answer your question.
>>
Go to bed, gramps
>>
/pol/ looks different then what is used to be in 2004
I like the new dark theme, easier on the eyes.
Well I'm going to shut down now, I severely limit my time on the internet, because it makes you crazy
>>
>>69249069
>Video games should have to raise kids! Not parents!
>>
File: 1459090277421.jpg (41 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
1459090277421.jpg
41 KB, 500x375
>>69249069
Those games have an ESRB notice usually which says they're for 16+ years old demographic, kids shouldn't own those games. Still, if your kid becomes a mass shooter just because he played too much GTA then the issue might be in the parenting, in most of the cases it *is* the issue. Look at Elliot Rodger and what shitty upbringing he had, just because a child breathes and isn't dead, it doesn't mean that he's automatically growing mentally healthy. Let's be honest, parents barely know the true character of their children.
>>
>wow faggot stop censoring a form of media
>the liberal media is corrupting our kids :( muh degeneracy

Well, which is it?
>>
>>69249069
I started playing quake and doom around 5-6 years old, played GTA 1,2, and 3 when they were released, even though gta3 was supposedly the worst thing ever. I've played video games since I can remember. I've never been arrested, or committed an act of violence. Video games don't cause violence
>>
File: Correa8.jpg (145 KB, 1024x1020) Image search: [Google]
Correa8.jpg
145 KB, 1024x1020
>>69251338
>I don't go out in the cities
>don't spend much on the internet
Do you just fucking sleep all die?
>>
>>69249069
white genocide = good
another genocide = bad
>>
>>69249069
I have been shooting up video game airports my entire life. I have yet to shoot up an airport IRL. Maybe video games should be reserved the mentally stable among us.
>>
Nobody killed anyone before tv and video games.
>>
>>69249069
What's the problem? Back in the days 11 years old would watch people being beheaded or burned alive.

Some of them would even fight in wars .
>>
>>69252619
This. I've been playing violent video games since I was in elementary school and I've been watching war movies since as far back as I can remember. My favorite movie in kindergarten was The Platoon and I've never committed a crime (or have felt the urge to) in my life.
People who claim they become violent because of video games would probably become violent from watching the fucking teletubbies
>>
It had actual reason, you were undercover agent who couldn't blow his cover, your commander even said something about killing tens to save thousands or something. You don't even have to personally kill anybody, just walk along your "comrades". Fuck, you don't even have to play it at all, the game ask you if you want to skip this mission.

I frankly don't know why it sparkled so much controversy, sure, mass media were probably disinformed, not to mention soccer moms and other cucks, who probably thought it was terrorist simulator or something, but with little imagination you can do exactly the same thing in GTA or any other sandbox game.
>>
>>69249069
1. Parents should pay attention to what the kid plays, and show interest, so they can remove something inappropriate.
2. Censoring a whole industry, for parents lack of attention, especially one that is already labeled that which agegroup is it recommended for is breach of freedom of speech.
3. You can finish that mission without shooting a single civilian, I think you have to shoot some cops though.
4. I really doubt that sandniggers got their inspiration to fuck shit up at Brussel from this 2008 game.
>>
>>69249069
>le video games cause violence meme
>>
Celebrities with poor morals are more damaging than video games, a kid still needs their parents money and permission to buy a mature rated game.

Social media is what should be to blame, it's turning women into whores and men into brainless idiots.
>>
>>69249069
ever since you don't move out and get married at like 14 everyone has been a pussy.
11 year olds should be able to handle a video game, I think by 11 you should be exposed to the real world.
>>
>>69252803
This.
>>
>>69249069
Bad parenting.
>>
>>69249069
Statistical analysis of criminal behavior, logged prior to and immediately after, a violent game is released, indicates a substantial drop in violent criminal behavior.

This pattern sustains for around a week, before climbing back to the average.

Video games seem to act as an outlet, for aggression, therefore subduing those playing them.
>>
File: 7708410.gif (529 KB, 200x155) Image search: [Google]
7708410.gif
529 KB, 200x155
>>69249069
>Oy, people is having fun! Who could be behind this?
>>
>>69254371
look at violent crime statistics compared to years consoles are released in the last 20 years.

the year after a new console is released (new consoles usually come out towards the end of the year for christmas) there's a significant drop in violent crime and it climbs steadily until either a new console or a major game release (halo, gta, cod, etc.) takes place
>>
>>69249069
This intro was never "accepted" thats why they made it in the first place.
Its the good ol mortal kombat strategy of taboo there was a HUGE shitstorm that usually only happens with gta games.
This obviously lead to insanely huge sales...
Also they still try to recreate "taboos" with different scenario's to get that sweet "shock" PR, but people stopped caring because it got soo stupid in the later games kek
Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.