[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What's the secret to happiness?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 70
Thread images: 8
File: image.png (2 MB, 750x1334) Image search: [Google]
image.png
2 MB, 750x1334
What's the secret to happiness?
>>
>>69239991
Not caring what people think of you.
>>
>>69239991
Self confidence. Doesn't matter if you're dumb, ugly or a feminist if you <cliche> always believe in yourself </cliche>, you'll manage to delude yourself into thinking you're a fantastic person that does everything right if you have that magic source of happiness.

Source: I don't have any of it.
>>
>>69239991
That guy looks like a child and elderly man at the exact same time. How?
>>
>>69239991
happiness is chemical
>>
>>69239991
cocaine
>>
>>69240203
>Self confidence.
This is true. It's hard to build if you have low self-esteem so start by respecting yourself first.
>>
>>69239991

Abandoning your hopes and dreams as well as any desires so that if any of those things happen you enjoy them, but you wont feel sad when they don't. (They wont.)
>>
thread theme:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_VYU2pCdd20
>>
>>69239991
>What's the secret to happiness?

Knowing that there is no such thing.
>>
>>69239991

weed
>>
>>69240703
is fjallraven a good brand
>>
>>69239991
Having a wife to cook your meals and daughters to suck you off.
>>
>>69239991
religion is the key to happiness

join the Orthodox church
>>
>>69240163
This will not make you happy, just more ignorant.

Caring about what people think of you, and constantly improving yourself as a person, is the key to a better life.
>>
>>69240668
Fuck off nigger
>>
>>69240619
>hopes and dreams
you're taught to have those at a really young age but what does it really say?

it's like making a wish, useless advice
>>
File: digging-for-pony.jpg (61 KB, 600x347) Image search: [Google]
digging-for-pony.jpg
61 KB, 600x347
managing expectations
>>
>>69240826

It's a brand that's associated with green politics. I don't use their products, and I don't support green politics.
>>
>Disidentify from who you think you are.
>See that the world outside is the world inside. Your body doesn't separate you from the world, it joins you to it.
>See that there cannot be good without evil and there cannot be life wthout death.
>Recognise that all things are thinks and see that there is a world beyond language, the world of experience.
>See that all there is, is now. The past and future and all events happen now.
>Know that you are the eternal infinite that can never die.
>>
>>69239991
There's no one secret to happiness, but a collection of small secrets. Here's a hint, though: Leaving /pol/ is a good start.
>>
>>69240982

You're likely not genetically predisposed to be the strongest, fastest, smartest, most attractive, etc person that there is. Which means the best you can settle for unless you are "That guy" is, "Almost as good as that guy." Which is still a fairly good achievement. But you'll be forgotten as soon as a new "That Guy" comes along.

Nobody remembers the man who invented the musket because the man who invented the rifle completely erased the need for them.

So either have low aspirations or no aspirations. I choose no aspirations because then I don't feel like shit for being shit.
>>
File: 1432884877693.jpg (562 KB, 1080x1920) Image search: [Google]
1432884877693.jpg
562 KB, 1080x1920
>>69240945
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g2jOdf9u_kA

bars all day sahn

sickem eggy
>>
File: 1458954757318.jpg (57 KB, 640x609) Image search: [Google]
1458954757318.jpg
57 KB, 640x609
>pic very related
>>
>>69240925
cuck
>>
>>69240925
Nah, because then you will improve yourself to a mold created by other people. The ideal position is not to care about what others think and simultaneously genuinely care about others .
>>
the secret is that it doesn't exist
>>
File: 1456026540664.jpg (17 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
1456026540664.jpg
17 KB, 300x300
>>69239991
Finding your true love
>>
>>69239991

Get off 4chan.
Don't stare at screens.
Go outside more.
Eat Healthy.
Get 1 hour of exercise a day.
Find a hobby that produces something.
Constantly seek improvement (no matter how small)
Keep your environment relatively clean and organized.
Go to bed earlier, get up early.
Read every night before bed.
Volunteer.

Easy to give, hard to follow.
>>
>>69240313
You can build self respect by doing things which deserve respect.
>>
>>69239991
Hentai
>>
>>69239991
Happiness is a personal choice actually

You chose to be happy or you chose to not be
>>
>>69241417
only anime i liked becuase she was rly cute
>>
>>69240313
>start by respecting yourself first.

I don't know how to do that. Probably because I have nothing to be respected for.

I've finished nothing noteworthy in my entire life.

I'm socially retarded. I literally don't know how to coldtalk and be friendly or carry a civilized and neutral discussion. I sit down with a group of other people and my mind shuts off completely, it's like watching a movie for the most parts.

I can answer a question by just letting go and having some subconscious routine formulate an answer. It's like my speech and conversational brain centers are isolated from my motor control ones.

I also don't see a future for myself, I got into a line of studies(medicine) that I feel my personality is completely inadqeuate for even though academically it works out in an ok manner.

Instead of finishing the studies and getting a job as I hoped would somehow be the case my brain insists of painting a plan where I finish the studies and jump in front of a train.

Atleast my social ineptitude means that only a few close friends will miss me.

Now tell me, how do I respect this person that happens to be myself? By any metric of /pol/ I should kill myself for being autistic and wanting to kill myself.
>>
Longest study on the subject says the most important factor is good relationships with other people.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8KkKuTCFvzI
>>
>>69241717
nobody gives a shit
>>
>>69241717
might want to see a shrink if things are that bad
>>
>>69239991
Is that the eggman?
>>
>>69240248
egg magic
>>
>>dont know how to do that
>>probably because i have never done anything to be respected for

well fucking start, it doesnt come from nothing, it takes effort, read a book, learn a subject, instrument, beat somone in chess, kiss a girl, fuck a girl, earn money,
>>
>What's the secret to happiness?
wealth and health
>>
>>69239991
drugs, but not buying them from criminals.
>>
Realizing that happiness and indeed all mental S states are choices, which can be made independent of external factors. Are you feeling pain, choose to be happy.

That being said, external things can still help happiness, and they're is nothing wrong with using them for that purpose so long as you're still cultivating the wisdom to choose happiness when confronted with pain.
>>
>>69240882

which orthodox denomination should i join ?
>>
>even something as basic as cleaning your living room is a start, bedroom or basement if you live with parents, if you do, do the washing up, bins, etc

small steps lead to bigger steps
>>
>>69241717
>I've finished nothing noteworthy in my entire life.
This means you have the awareness to realise something about yourself that doesn't even occur to most people. This alone should give you some measure of self-respect.

Same goes for the other statements about yourself. It is this self awareness that blossom into an awareness that you aren't just the body you find yourself in. You are much more. You are, in fact, everything there is.

When you see this, all problems dissolve and you can rest in the infinite love of life because you will recognise that this infinite love is your true identity.
>>
>>69241717
At least you have friends senpai, start from there
>>
>>69239991
Cocaine, heroin and other narcotics.
>>
>>69239991
Islam
>>
Meditation
>>
>>69242429
Yes kill your friends first.
>>
Just bee urself
>>
>>69239991

good health, a bad memory, Jesus, bacon, and a 100ft high wall around the middle east
>>
>>69242506
He said happiness, not epileptic seizures.
>>
>>69240925
> norcuck

improve yourself for your own reasons, not for others
>>
File: 1456481395865.jpg (16 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
1456481395865.jpg
16 KB, 400x400
>>69243063
>>
>>69242342

pain can be a source of happiness if you can find meaning in it. e.g. the pain of climbing a mountain to reach the summit
>>
File: eggtransition.png (956 KB, 1000x360) Image search: [Google]
eggtransition.png
956 KB, 1000x360
>>69239991
finding the courage to transition
>>
>>69239991

> not to have children
> satanism

Pick two.
>>
File: doYouThinkImJoking.jpg (34 KB, 367x384) Image search: [Google]
doYouThinkImJoking.jpg
34 KB, 367x384
>>69239991
Not taking your self so seriously...
>>
Faith in God
>>
always do the opposite of eggman
>>
>>69242114
Done most of those suggestions. But so have your neighbour Mohammed so it's worth jack shit.

>>69242385
>you will recognise that this infinite love is your true identity
Sounds an awful lot like finding the presence or god or some other new age/cultist bait.
>>
>>69241449

Come on!

In Poland? This would be being rich. But most of us are poorfags.
>>
>>69243749
nope, it's more about identity and self-knowledge, deities are entirely optional.
>>
>>69243749
You are not your achievements friend. If our actions will be forgotten soon as you die, what's the point in stressing about achieving anything. Achievement even in itself is highly subjective: what another person may consider an achievement is nothing more than waste of time to another.

Listen, you're already a complete human being, and nothing external is able to change that. Instead of focusing on what you could or could not do, ask yourself what you would ENJOY doing.
>>
>>69243606
(x) - doubt
>>
>>69240248
L O W test
>>
Comparative success.

That's why landwhales and shit have gotten so out of hand lately. Back before the internet, and really before TV, you weren't too bad off being the ugly one of the town, but now they're comparing themselves to the literal best and they come up so short they'd get laughed out of /fit/.

Like, if you're a decent looking guy, best looking in your group of friends you're happy out, you're the good looking one. If you hang out with male models though, suddenly you're the ugly one, and although you haven't changed at all, you've gone from a happy position to a shitty one.

That Jew Sasha Baron Cohen actually got it right in Borat when he was talking about how him buying something, then his neighbour getting it, then him getting something else, and so on until he buys the iPhone or whatever and his neighbour couldn't afford it. He was the rich guy he was happy. But living next to a millionaire, someone who could afford all sorts of great shit that he couldn't he wouldn't have been happy at all.

So the secret to happiness isn't moving up. It's getting better and staying put.

Oh, and removing kebab.
>>
>>69244339
>ask yourself what you would ENJOY doing

Girls/relationship, alcohol, games, being in the company of friends, feeling normal, travel perhaps? Haven't done it very much and it feels the novelty would wear off eventually.

The first one is unlikely though so I guess masturbation takes its places.

The other ones, while relatively modest, require money to sustain and I feel like all my career paths ended before they ever begun. I'd like to casually freelance but my capability to be extroverted and ambitious and get shit done is nonexistent so it seems unlikely too.

I've probably been depressed for the last several years but I'm too anxious and retard to visit a psych to get something prescribed.
Thread replies: 70
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.