[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Feelings > objectivity
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3
File: 4538954354.png (120 KB, 629x868) Image search: [Google]
4538954354.png
120 KB, 629x868
Pic related. Article from 'Everyday Feminism'...your thoughts?

The four reasons are:

>1. Often, Those Who Seem ‘Objective’ Are Actually Just Privileged

>2. Everyone Speaks From a Social Position and Has Biases

>3. Striving Towards ‘Objectivity’ Is Used to Justify Tone-Policing

>4. Sometimes Emotions Are Just as Important as Facts
>>
what the fuck is tone policing?
>>
File: 4539240932423.png (39 KB, 632x779) Image search: [Google]
4539240932423.png
39 KB, 632x779
Here's the full text for #4, which I thought was the most absurd one:
>>
>>69238760
SJWs mostly experience the world through feelings.

/pol/ users mostly experience the world through logic.

Main priority of liberalism is improving the freedom of an individual

Main priority of conservatism is improving the society.

Just different points of views. Perhaps I'm becoming old, because I just can't get myself to rage at these things any more.
>>
This can't be real. There's another similar one I saw called 'Why being rational is oppressive' or something. These just can't be real, nobody would write shit like this
>>
>>69239376
There's a shitload of similar articles on the everday feminism website...this isn't even the most facepalm-worthy one there
>>
>>69238760
in no way are emotions as important as facts.
>>
>>69239839
>in no way are emotions as important as facts.
THEIR emotions are as important as facts. I doubt they care much about yours, white male.
>>
>>69239043
i didnt know it was violent to discuss human experiences while leaving out emotion. i am one violent mother fucker
>>
>>69239246
i have always said that about the sexes though, men think with logic women with emotions.
>>
>>69239998
dont forget, im cis scum too. privilege all over the place but on the upside i dont have a girl penis.
>>
>>69238760
>Implying emotions can't be objectified too

I absolutely agree emotions should be considered, and if they are quantified in an argument feminists will be even more wrong than before.
>>
>>69238760
>Everyone Speaks From a Social Position and Has Biases
I actually agree with this. Opinions are like assholes.
>>
>>69238760
> oppressive systems

ah, the last resort of an idiot without an argument: oppression.
There is no clear argument to show that objective and unbiased analysis and reporting are derived from any so-called oppressive system, least of all because objectivity means suspending personal, cultural, ethnic, and whatever bias, it is the least oppressive.

The flawed reasoning here is that because something benefits white men it must be oppressive. well if white men benefited from breathing air, and they do, should black disabled dyke feminists stop breathing because it is part of the oppressive system of male white culture?

In reality objective thinking simply puts SJW attitudes into check mate, Truth beats lies every time, and SJW know this deep down.
>>
>>69239043
MEN HAVE FEELINGS TOO AND THEY DO NOT COUNT FOR SHIT!!!

Yes, the equality, I can feel it in my baals right now. Feminism is a desease that should have been irradicated from the face of this fucking world long time ago. The only fucking thing that they are doing is pushing the line of equality further away from the center by seeing opression and hatred towards the fucking minorities every fucking place they go. We achieved "equality" already but as that enough? NO!

I can't even begin to describe the frustration that is being caused by these idiotic actions where

<DINDU RAPES A KID
>ALL WHITE MEN RAPE TOO!!!1!!!
<Uncontrolled rapefuge- swarms are not welcomed by my people
>RACISM WE DO NOT NEED YOU WILL TRADE A RACIST FOR A RAPIST!!!!111!!!

The list goes on and on and on and on. There is no logic in actions like these nor is there any greater good that would come out of them. Why do I have to constantly keep on checking my "whitecisheteromale- priviliges" just because our feminist's say so, our nig... I mean rapefugees say so and now even most of our politicians say so.
>>
>>69240517

That's really what it's coming down for me these days. If I see "oppression" in anyone's article or argument, I throw the whole thing out. Someone is using "Oppression" as this romantic, tragic reason to be a warped asshole. And I don't necessarily blame them, you have to be taught to replace some tough blocks in your life as "oppression". The latter means it's someone else's fault and not yours.
>>
>>69240517
Great post anon, thank you.
>>
>>69238760
>Dismissing someone's argument because they're too emotional or subjective is wrong
>Dismissing someone's argument because they're a FUCKING WHITE MALE is fine
>>
File: 1457697354649.jpg (72 KB, 473x602) Image search: [Google]
1457697354649.jpg
72 KB, 473x602
> black feminist thinks she invented positivism
> labels it an alternative
> labels it a "black feminist" epistemology
> just beeeee yourself
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.