[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Tennessee revives effort to make the Bible the official state book
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 2
File: download (1).jpg (5 KB, 225x225) Image search: [Google]
download (1).jpg
5 KB, 225x225
>NASHVILLE, Tenn. (AP) – The state Senate sponsor of a proposal to designate the Holy Bible the official book of Tennessee is trying to persuade colleagues to set aside their concerns and revive the effort.

>Republican Sen. Steve Southerland of Morristown tells the Chattanooga Times-Free Press that he will renew his push for the measure during Tuesday’s meeting of the Senate Judiciary Committee.

>The House passed the bill on a 55-38 vote last year, but the Senate sent it back to committee amid constitutional concerns raised by the state attorney general, effectively killing the bill for the year.

>While supporters argue the Bible is an integral part of the state’s history, some opponents say it’s far too sacred to be trivialized like the state fruit, amphibian or rock.

http://wkrn.com/2016/03/28/effort-renewed-to-make-bible-official-book-of-tennessee/

What say you, /pol/?
>>
>What say you, /pol/?
Aye
>>
Protestants think anyone can come along and take books out of the Bible. What a load of crap.
>>
If this action make angry the SJW, then, this is the right thing to do.
>>
>>69234899
I'd rather them have the bible than the koran. God bless Tennessee.
>>
>>69235054

love it. will piss off muslims and fedoras!
>>
Why? Is seperation of church and state just not important anymore?
>>
>>69234899
Christ Chan would be proud
>>
>>69235372
It hasn't been important since the 1800's.

The American Experiment failed a long time ago.

It happened when The People started started holding up the Constitution as a paper shield which grants them protection instead of acknowledging it for what it really is...

A formal threat.
>>
>>69234899
my state also made switchblades legal and protested the shit out of the mosque being built
>>
>>69235603
Murfreesboro mosque?
>>
>>69235572
Billions of people are content to accept that they are cogs in a social machine and the Benevolent Government sits above them in their perception.

The Constitution pretty much outlines that The People are in charge of their own destiny. Go figure.
>>
Constitution > Bible
George Washington > Jew god
>>
>>69236292
*sigh*
As regrettable as it is, the majority of this country believes that what you're saying is the reason for everything bad that happens to them.
>>
>>69234899
if that gets accepted and yall happen get bombed I don't want any Tennessee refugee in Europe
>>
>>69236394
People are terrified of freedom.
They'd much rather have Freedom™
>>
>>69234899
theocracy now.
>>
>>69237395
Not likely.

Before you try anything like that you're going to have to select a denomination to enforce.

If there's one thing that keeps this country from turning into a Christian theocracy, it's that they're at least stupid enough to not unite under one church.
>>
>>69237605
>the one true church of 2000 years will not dominate
Protestants have 0 structure or foundations, Mormonism lmao!
>>
>>69237683
Altogether they outnumber you vastly in the U.S.

You don't have to stop being a Christfag, but at least stop being retarded.
>>
>>69237779
altogether?
what do they have in common other than being protestors to truth?
>>
>>69236292
I've been saying shit like this for years but no one ever listens to me. Guess that's what i get for living in the south.
>>
>>69237913
They all have guns, and they'd more readily push whatever irrelevant denomination you are out of the way in favor of their own goals.
>>
>>69238167
I am Catholic I have no denomination.
>>
File: Its-Not-Denial-poster.jpg (82 KB, 620x500) Image search: [Google]
Its-Not-Denial-poster.jpg
82 KB, 620x500
>>69238200
>>
Can't wait for Muslims to use this as justification forcing sharia law on everyone.
>>
>>69238259
Are you retarded?
Do you know how protestants came to exist?
I am Catholic the standard that they all broke away from, they use Catholic theology and Catholic books.
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.