[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Does /pol take any supplements? Are they useful? Or just placebo
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 110
Thread images: 12
File: unnamed (1).jpg (25 KB, 384x384) Image search: [Google]
unnamed (1).jpg
25 KB, 384x384
Does /pol take any supplements? Are they useful? Or just placebo shill bullshit?
>>
A few different things. Most fall into the category of being an inexpensive safety net or preventative.
>>
>>69226746
Placebo and bullshit.
>>
Just vitamin D, multi and ZMA.

Haven't really noticed a damn difference.
>>
multivitamins are shit and a waste of money, vitamin D is pretty good
>>
>>69226746
You would end up urinate them all. Why do you even need them? Just drinking orange juice would be far better for your health
>>
>>69226746
omega 3 and bacopa for calming
>>
>>69226746
I only take pic related (vitamine c fizzy tablets) because I like the taste of the drink when you drink it just before the tablet is completely done fizzing.
>>
>>69227097
>drinking anything acidic
enjoy your enamel being destroyed
>>
>>69226746
Vitamin B and C. Lysine when I am feeling rundown. I drink 2-3 tsps of physillum seeds a day for fiber with a tsp of unfiltered apple cider vinegar.
>>
>>69226746
I'm on the Beyond Tangy Tangerine and the Pollen Burst that Dr. Alex Jones recommends.
>>
anabolic steroids. come at me bro!
>>
Most off the shelf supplements are pure garbage, the dosages are too low for it to have any medicinal effect and the excipients cause the vitamins to be poorly absorbed.

You can definately treat disease with supplements but just taking some random multivitamin will do absolutely nothing, it could even harm you.
>>
>>69227097
This is a common misconception. If we're talking about vitamin C for example, it's true that the more you take of it the more you will pee out. But there is no hard limit.

If you take 1000mg, maybe you'll pee out 20% meaning you keep 800mg. If you take 2000mg maybe you'll pee out 30% meaning you keep 1400mg etc.
>>
I take iodine and vitamin d because hypothyroidism is endemic where I live and fuck the sun.
>>
>>69226984
Zma at night is awesome, I wake up feeling a lot more rested on less sleep. Been taking it for a couple years

Started a month ago with some weird fucking "vitamin" D thing recently after listening to Gibson. Haven't noticed anything yet
>>
I take St. John's wort every so often ;_;
>>
I have used optimen... Optimum Opti Men:
Servire: 3Tablete
Continut / Servire
DZR%
Vitamina A (CaroCare® Natural Mixed Carotenoids) 2800mcg 350%
Vitamina C (Ascorbic Acid) 240mg 300%
Vitamina D (Cholecalciferol) 7mcg 140%
Vitamina E (D-Alpha Tocopherol Succinate) 48mcg 400%
Vitamina K (Phytonadione) 75mcg 100%
Thiamina (Thiamin Hydrochloride) 3.3mg 300%
Riboflavina 3mg 214%
Niacina (Niacinamide) 40mg 250%
Vitamina B6 (Pyridoxine Hydrochloride) 6mg 429%
Acid Folic
5mcg 250%
Vitamina B12 (Cyanocobalamin) 100mcg 200%
Biotina 100mcg 200%
Pantothenic Acid (As D-Calcium Pantothenate) 9mg 150%
Calciu (As Calcium Carbonate, Citrate) 200mg 25%
Magneziu (Magnesium Oxide, Aspartate) 100mg 25%
Zinc (Zinc Citrate) 15mg 150%
Seleniu ( Selenomethionine) 110mcg 285%
Cupru (Gluconat de Cupru) 2mg 100%
Mangan (luconat de Mangan) 2mg 100%
Crom (Chromium GTF) 120mcg 100%
Molibdenu (Molybdenum A.A. Chelat) 75mcg 150%
Amestec de Aminoacizi

L-Arginina, L-Glutamina, L-Valina, L-Leucina, L-Izoleucina, L-Cistina, L-Lizina, L-Treonina
Amestec Phyto
Citrus Bioflavonoids (Fruit), Deodorized Garlic, Powdered (Bulb), Green Tea Powder, Grape Seed Extract (Vitis Vinifera)(Seed)(Standardized To 95% Polyphenols), Blueberry Powder, Cranberry Powder, Wild Yam Powder, Carrot Powder, Papaya Powder, Orange Fruit Powder, Pineapple Powder, Spinach Powder, Elderberry Fruit Powder, Kale Powder, Brussels Sprouts Powder, Broccoli Powder, Apple Fruit Powder, Kiwi Fruit Powder, Grapefruit Powder
Amestect de Enzime

Papain, Bromelain, Alpha Amylase, Lipase
Alpha-Lipoic Acid
PABA (Para-Aminobenzoic Acid)
Choline
Inositol
Lycopene
Lutein
>>
I take Centrum, Alpha-Lipoic Acid and Creatin
>>
>>69227675
I switched to vitamin/calcium/manganese tablets since I dropped the soda drinks
>>
>>69226746
Only my daily red pills dosage
>>
I take a ton of supplements. Ive tried them all and only take what works. Much better quality of life since i found them. Take fish oil, coq10, saw palmetto, milk thistle, vitamin d and kratom. For general well being. I throw in things that help amd affect the liver when I go into /fit/ mode.
>>
I take D3, B, some amino acids, and zinc
>>
Oh and any supplement you can get from produce, make sure to eat alot of the produce. Like vitamin C, I juice lemons everyday to take with kratom. I forgot to mention throw in magnesium and zinc for better test and rest. Malnourishment is a huge problem for people who are depressed and out of shape. Supps work way better than what doctors dish out.
>>
File: imageService.jpg (31 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
imageService.jpg
31 KB, 400x400
>>
>>69229445
>I only take what works
>I take fish oil

top kek
>>
I eat nothing but garbage so I take a multivitamin so I don't get scurvy or some other disease that wouldn't be an issue if my diet was even in the same zip code as the word balanced.
>>
>>69228597

I have an unopened bottle of this. I didn't know it was for depression and I was very happy at the time. Now I'm in a little rut. Does it work a little in the short term?
>>
File: brainforce_single.jpg (125 KB, 600x900) Image search: [Google]
brainforce_single.jpg
125 KB, 600x900
>>
>>69229832
same senpai
>>
>>69232335
lol, wtf is this tin foil hat shit?
>>
http://www.informationisbeautiful.net/visualizations/snake-oil-supplements/

http://examine.com/

These two pages make a good job of summing up current research on different supplements.

Check the /fit/ sticky though, WTF is this thread doing in /pol/?
>>
>>69230031
When i say iworks. I mean for me a difference is how healthy my skin and hair looks. Shits glossy bruv
>>
Zinc for testosterone production and b12 for energy in the mornings. Keep it simple, everything else is gonna be pissed away and make you sick or waste money. These have tangible effects, especially b12 considering you can feel it immediately with a good cup of coffee.
>>
>>69227097
Fruit juice is actually pretty bad for you.
>>
>>69226746
Only thing I know works that is not pharm grade whether black market or not. is all that NO pre workout shit as it's caffeine sugar and caffeine it leads to more intense work outs.
>>
>>69232771
You sound like someone who hasn't experienced Brain Force.
>>
Vitamin C and D daily, very useful
>>
I take cocaine daily. Used to drink coffee. Replaced it with cocaine. Used to take noopept and oxiracetam. Now just cocaine. Thinking about replacing lunch with cocaine and soylent.
>>
I take
Turmeruc
vitamin D & K2
zinc
magnesium
creatine
>>
>>69227749
this - wish someone had told me earlier to avoid soda and fruit juice. phosphoric acid in particular (in Coke, Dr Pepper, most brown sodas) is fucking terrible for your teeth
>>
>>69233382
lel
>>
>>69232801
Based Austria

I would add that most multivitamins are pure garbage. If you care to read the cconents, you'll find out they contain most elements in cheapest forms, like magnesium oxide, which are almost entirely useless. They also contain stuff like iron, which you don't want to supplement at all.

In other words, Centrum and such are worse than useless.
>>
File: 1436188877636.jpg (1 MB, 1462x1462) Image search: [Google]
1436188877636.jpg
1 MB, 1462x1462
>there are people in this thread living in countries that get enough sunlight that you don't need to take extra vitamin D
YOU CAN'T MAKE THIS SHIT UP
>>
placebo bullshit and a scam.

if you actually buy supplements kill yourself. they're only needed for sick people.
>>
>>69233678
Literal niggers lmao am i rite??
>>
>>69226746
>Morning
ON Gold Standard casein shake
Triple strength fish oil with 500mg EPA and 500mg DHA
Probiotic with 10 different strains and 20 billion cultures
~3000mg glutamine, 500mg L-arginine, 500mg L-citrulline

>Pre-workout
Cellucor CN3 with 3000mg creatine nitrate
2 250mg caffeine tablets

>Post-workout
5g creatine monohydrate
Wheybolic Extreme 60 Power protein shake

>Before bed
250mg chelated magnesium
50mg chelated zinc
10mg melatonin
Another ON Gold Standard Casein shake
>>
d3 )9 months out of 12), creatine
>>
>>69234078
Shit in the morning I also take GNC Mega Men Sport multivitamins
>>
I take steroids, say what you want i'm getting pretty fucking big because of it and white women love it
>>
>>69234351
Are you not worried about bitch tits?
>>
>>69234078
i drink coffe and go wild with the snus, upwoards of 3 snus in the morning.

#yolo
>>
>>69234406
Na mate im worried about being a small bitch at 25
>>
>>69234653
How big and strong are you?
I would do steroids if I was not so worried about bitch tits.
>>
>>69226746

Cant get through the day without my Super Male Vitality and Secret B12 and after a long day I never forget my Knockout Sleep Support.
>>
>>69226746
l-arginine
DHEA
Horny Goatweed with MACA
Ginkgo Biloba

Want to pick up.
Vitamins C,B,D
Magnesium
Zinc
>>
What kind of stupid question is that?
Oh wait it's an Aus-, I'll give you the benefit of the doubt.
If you're seriously lacking essential vitamins/minerals you'll notice them, if not most of these are just placebos being in that most are water soluble.
Just get a decent diet if not you should consider it and exercise goes a long way too.
>>
>>69228225
There is limit of ascorbic acid you can take in and it would lead to diarreah because duodenum and small intestine cannot absorb them all and the sudden increase of the concentration of some molecules can lead to temporary shock ad stress
>>
>>69226746

Supplements work. Skeptical edgelords like to cite flawed studies reported by MSM to feel superior while their bodies rot

all of these
http://perfecthealthdiet.com/recommended-supplements/

read the book. The Perfect Health Diet is full of citations and medical proof of the benefits of SOME supplements.

Multi-vitamins contain toxic shit. Vitamin A is a good example, should never be supplemented. Multi-vitamins fail to improve your health because of the bad vitamins / wrong ratios / wrong forms of vitamins

Also:

> energy
theanine + caffeine

> anti-cancer + weight loss + cholesterol + blood sugar control
gelatin
curcumin + black pepper
raw ginger
ceylon cinnamon
cayenne
coconut oil
cacao powder
raw garlic if you can handle it
fish oil (arctic cod liver oil)

> sleep regulation
melatonin
>>
Cod liver oil. And that's about it.
>>
File: Modalert.jpg (21 KB, 300x276) Image search: [Google]
Modalert.jpg
21 KB, 300x276
>>69226746

Ive been taking modafinil. It helps me get wotk done.
>>
>>69226746
Vegemite cured my anal warts
>>
>>69228334
It is laughable to suggest you would ever need to take in iodine supplements, especially if you are in Western Europe. Potato chips have plenty of them. For Vitamin D, you need to expose yourseld to sunlight for a hour per day and that is mostly good enoug&.
>>
>>69235602
melatonin is some good stuff, puts me to sleep within 30minutes
>>
>>69226746
Fish oil definitely helps my joints, judging by the change in number of cricks in my neck first thing in the morning.
>>
Hey guys you should try my new skin treatment it's good for you as it NATURAL
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WVRvPDbyVEc
>>
>>69235844
>>
File: 1440281928406.jpg (29 KB, 300x274) Image search: [Google]
1440281928406.jpg
29 KB, 300x274
>>69228005
GOOD GOY!
>>
>>69235859
Because it alters your awareness of day and night, but it is never meant to be "sleep pills"
>>
File: GLK-00211-9.jpg (212 KB, 1600x1600) Image search: [Google]
GLK-00211-9.jpg
212 KB, 1600x1600
>>69235895

Get some great lakes gelatin senpai

Or start eating asian food with joint/cartilage
>>
>>69226746
10,000 mcg of B12 daily. It's the active ingredient in energy drinks without all the additional bullshit.

Keeps your mind sharp. I'm more alert, focused and my reactions are quicker.
>>
>>69226746
I take wallets in wallet form every day, unlimited dosages.
>>
>>69236046
I dont see many kids getting their thyroid glands swollen due to hypothyroidism. The recommended daily intake is rigged by pharmaceutical companies who want to sell their vitamin supplements.
>>
>>69236046
They add iodine to the table salts in Sweden so we don't have to worry about that.
>>
>>69226746
beneficial if you get good ones

For example, If I do some activities that leave my muscles sore the next day, taking magnesium tablets can drastically remove the soreness within a few hours due to the magnesium allowing better absorption of nutrients to replenish what the muscles lost

multivitamins can help tremendously, but most people dont notice the benefits until after they stop taking them and could have benefited from their use then but just end up forgetting
>>
File: 1458664143200.jpg (59 KB, 715x558) Image search: [Google]
1458664143200.jpg
59 KB, 715x558
>>69226746
>needing supplements
for what purpose? mortadella sammiches are enough when I need energy for shitposting all day.
>>
>>69236046

EAT ROCK SALT NOT SEA SALT ROCK SATL HAS IODINE YOU FAG
>>
adderall
>>
>>69235778
>not taking waklert
>literally a better, improved version of mod
>kratom is literally better & cheaper than both
topkek to be honest with you family
>>
>>69236662
Your muscle soreness is more related to anaerobic respiration which creat lactic acid, more specifcally fermentation. I dont quite understand how mg2+ would reduce such sensation.
>>
>>69235895
Popping joints is natural and does nothing to harm your joints.

It's literally trapped air escaping.
>>
>>69226746

melatonin, valerian root, saint john wort, all those are good

my dad takes betacaroten, he says it helpt him to stay young (he looks very young compared to his age)
>>
Sometimes my eyelid starts twitching. I take magnesium pills for a few days and it stops. I don't care if it's placebo, it works.
>>
>>69235895
Fish oil is still lipid and there are other ways you can get fatty acid
>>
>>69226746
Currently:
Whatever the fuck is in those brain pills Dr. Alex Jones convinced me to swallow and the knockout pills to help me sleep (bad shoulder makes it hard to fall asleep) I can't feel the difference from the brain pills, but they're vitamin b rich, so hopefully that does something.
The knockout pills are extremely effective and work on me for about 8-9 hours
>>
>>69226746
Vitamin D in the winter because no sun, zinc helps with your testosterone.
>>
>>69237483
These brain pills:
>>69232335
>>
>>69226746

I take a multivitamin+mineral tablet and cod liver oil each day (most days now, some days I forget or if I start drinking early I don't bother)

The cod liver is handy for me because I don't get any sun and it has a lot of vitamin D. It also seems to be really good for hair, my hair used to be shitty and would stick up like chink hair when I came out of the shower or when I sweat, now it's beautiful and silky, easy to manage and the colour is a lot more shiny.

So I'd say cod liver is definitely a benefit at least for me. The multivitamins I've heard hearsay that they don't really help but I'll take them anyway.
>>
>>69237483
One more thing:
Those info wars knockout pills give me intensely vivid dreams--mostly nightmares

Anyone else take them?
>>
16-18 grams of inositol, krill oil, vitamin d, ashwagandha, and noopept on and off
>>
omega 3 pills with vitamin d becasue lack of sun in norway. my physician once told me that those two supplements were the only useful ones in a day-to-day basis if you already had a healthy diet.
>>
In the US supplements are not regulated. You really don't have a clue what the fuck you're taking. What it says on the label is not necessarily true.

In the EU they are somewhat regulated. I don't know about elsewhere.

Anyway if you have a decent diet and don't have any medical conditions you don't need supplements.
>>
>>69236744
mortadella is damn tasty, but isnt it pure fat?
>>
>>69226746
I put B12 and Protein in my oatmeal; no better way to take vitamins.
>>
>>69231863
It takes a few weeks to start working fully, much like SSRIs
>>
>falling for the omega jew
>>
I take a multivitamin tablet every day. It must make my body fuction even slightly better because vitamins are good for you.
>>
>>69226746
The God tier cum thing works.

I took zinc, selenium, arginine and soy granules and I shit you not after my prostate and balls started to ache I now produce 50% more cum and it is thick.

If I continued to do the regiment I could double what I normally produce.
>>
>>69233210
>You sound like someone who hasn't experienced Brain Force.

KEK
>>
File: CAR-01351-1.jpg (311 KB, 1600x1600) Image search: [Google]
CAR-01351-1.jpg
311 KB, 1600x1600
Spoonful a day of pic related.

Magnesium

Coffee

Probiotic

Anti-stress pills to prevent the spergs.

Feels good.
>>
I take 5-htp, works like SSRIs but doesn't kill the benis, also melatonin now and then
>>
>>69228334

Comrade,

I salute you. Your choices are focused on preventing prevalent deficiencies and not on granting you superpowers.

Vitamin D will not cure your sunlight deficiency. It will just prevent its effects on your immune system. Your skin still needs sun. You, in order to reduce stress/depression and operate on higher energy level, need sun.

Drink 8 glasses of pure water a day. Squeeze a lemon in each one of them. Optionally, have your wife maintain a pitcher of lemonwater (with mint leaves etc, nothing sweet) in your fridge.

Now go make Aryan children.
>>
>>69226746
I take fish oil. Apparently it stopped a minor facial twitch I suffered on occasion. Asked some health nut, and that's what he recommended. From about day 3 on, it hasn't been an issue.

Wife made me start taking a daily multi vitamin because my balance was getting wonky. I do notice that my balance and coordination is a little bit better.

I also take a melatonin once per day. 10mg knocks me out about half an hour after taking it, so long as I steer clear from electronics.
>>
>>69237115

>my face when south korea understands biology and I understand him

>germany is taking vit-d and iodine in vit-d and iodine deficient region

>burgers in this thread dropping stupid memes, think that supplements will give them superpowers or "loads of thick cum"

Okay, America, really.

How much longer do you think you can maintain global dominance if you're this fucking stupid?
>>
>>69226746
There are certain vitamins and supplements that have positive effects, like B12, glucosamine, and some others.

Other ones all mostly bullshit.
>>
>>69240659
Its being phased out for cock nigger oil, easier for them to extract there.
>>
>>69226746
Depends on how you live. If you lift a lot, you'll notice improvement in your quality of health.

I take:
>Multi-vitamin
>Fiber capsule
>Probiotic capsule
>Saw Palmetto

When I started I noticed a huge decrease in recovery time for illnesses and after hard days lifting and more energy in my daily life. Remember a lot of things that happen in your body aren't necessarily things you notice either.
>>
>>69242775
>we wuz epa and dha an sheeit

Say it ain't so.
>>
gnc use to sell these weight loss suplements that worked like a champ. then they banned them. i guess cause they worked. then they remade them with the same name but completely useless. i think the ones that worked are just one step ahead of the ban hammer.
>>
File: supreme gentleman.jpg (29 KB, 480x640) Image search: [Google]
supreme gentleman.jpg
29 KB, 480x640
>>69226746

omega 3
fish oil
protein powder
caffeine pills
sometimes a multi

also recently got some kind of weird supplement since it was cheap, think it's called ursolic acid
Thread replies: 110
Thread images: 12

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.