[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
The western interventions in Iraq, Afghanistan, Libya and Syria
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 2
File: allahu snack bar.gif (2 MB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
allahu snack bar.gif
2 MB, 300x300
The western interventions in Iraq, Afghanistan, Libya and Syria were all complete failures and a waste of time, no?
Why doesn't the west just leave the rest of the world to solve its own problems?
>>
>>69224543

This. So much this.
>>
>>69224683
Go eat burger fatboi

>>69224543
>le i don't understand geopolitics face
>>
>>69224812
Well can you explain what the west's goals were and why they NEEDED to intervene
do you consider their interventions in the mid east a success?
>>
File: sadfrogmeme.jpg (6 KB, 250x222) Image search: [Google]
sadfrogmeme.jpg
6 KB, 250x222
>genuinely attempt to start a political discussion instead of just shitposting memes like usual
>2 replies
/Pol/ has chosen its fate
>>
>>69224543
They only failed because Obama refused to continue fighting terrorists.
>>
>>69225532
fuck off, you didnt try to start anything, you posted a silly gif with a "lol fuck shitskins amiright guys?" attached to it.
>>
>>69225532
Try using a VPN to change your flag the next time you want to have a serious discussion, Aussies have a certain reputation around here
>>
>>69224543
>failure
>implying the goal was to bring democracy and peace

come on man, you can't be this blue pilled.
>>
>>69225838
>lol fuck shitskins amiright guys
No? I just feel that the west's goals in removing dictators and installing democracies weren't achieved and by 'helping' the middle east we just made it worse?
>>
>>69224543
It was not a failure in terms of what they wanted to accomplish.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L4vD6JpJAFI
>>
>>69226267
As far as I understand it the goal was to remove anti western regimes and replace them with more co-operative ones..
Feel free to red-pill me if im wrong
>>
>>69224543
Can't wait for Shilary to become President. She's gonna do more. We are gonna see the real refugee crisis under her that pale's Syria
>>
>>69226455
Goal was for arm manufacturers to sell more to the US military.
>>
>>69226332
The West has supported dictators like Shah Pahlavi, like Ahl al-Saud, like Mubarak, like Saddam, like Hamad b. Isa al-Khalifa, like Ali Saleh, etc.

They attempt to take down democratic revolutions in Iraq, Bahrain, and Yemen because it was not in their interest.

They are against governments who cross them, whether "authoritarian" or "free", whether loved by the people or not.
>>
>>69224543
>That image
You really don't fuck with camels. They're smarter than dogs and are cunning beasts. Piss one off and it'll eat you two years later as revenge, when you think it's forgotten.
>>
>>69226455
Anti-Western doesn't mean "anti-democratic" or "anti-people".

Anti-Western means Anti-Israel and pro-autonomy.
>>
>>69224543

>failures and a waste of time, no?
No, mission accomplished.
Mid east destabilized, easier to control.
Some of those civilian who survive the collateral damage who on that time just a child, now became terrist.
So the perpetual war still happen but not on nations, which bring more profit, and still keep up the moral high ground.
>>
>>69226597
So you would say that in all 4 of those countries the goal of the west was achieved?
>>
>>69224543
Because they are in no position to just pull out and let them find their on way of life.

The West is currently not able to cut its ties with the Middle East but on the other hand, has absolutely no interest in working with their officials as equals in trade and politics.

We depend too much on military action, which let us (and by us I mean American Soldiers and a few Europeans) look like oppressors instead of partners.

On the other hand, we also know what is going to happen if we just move out.
There will be chaos, because of the void we are going to leave.
>>
>>69226529
That seems like such a terrible fucking waste of resources for such a small return.

The US has spent what, tens of billions of dollars in Iraq/Afghanistan? And the increase cost of both international and homeland security as a result of the geopolitical fallout leading to terrorist cells propping up all over the world? All just so a few arms manufacturers can gain some what are all things considered minor contracts?

Seriously man, if you're going to try and "red pill" someone, at least come up with actually plausible scenarios.
>>
>>69226988
Ah yeah, they wouldn't do it for such a small return.

Few corporations ruined the world economy because the CEO's were getting rich.
>>
>>69225029
Not saying the other were correct, but just because one or all of the previous situations were wrong doesn't mean the current one is.

>Iraq

This was a fuck up, but couldve been salvaged if the americucks didn't displace the baath party and effectively put American puppets in government.

>Afghanistan

Benefits to this were twofold : eliminating a safe haven and state sponsor of Islamic terrorism and fundamentalism, and making an excuse to have large military forces based in the middle East. The war itself isn't of much consequence, but at least things are getting better compared to what it was 20 years ago.

>lybia

Well Gaddafi was a piece of shit and he sponsored anti West terrorism so he got what he deserved. Libya is currently something resembling a failed state because again the US didn't have any decent plan to institute a stable government after they displaced the old one

>Syria

Syria is a mess that America shouldn't stick it's dick into. They should let assad, Russia, Iran, the Kurds, Iraqis, etc, clean up the mess on their own rather than fund essentially terrorist 'rebels'
>>
>>69225029
Destabilize potential oil compeditors(Iraq, Libya).
Not sure about wants and needs in regards to Syria and Afghanistan though
>>
>>69225532
>makes awful thread
>wah where are my (you)s :(
>Doesnt realize western intervention in the middle east has been going on since the 80s and is just an extention of the cold

Most of /pol/ doesnt like replying to stupid people, but I do :)
>>
>>69227608
Of the cold war*
>>
>>69227576
what terrorism did kaddafi support? he had nothing to do with lockerbie
>>
>>69227223
They didn't do that intentionally though. They were living under the delusion that they could keep doing what they did continuously, and everyone would just keep getting richer. Crashing the global economy with no survivors wasn't part of their plan.
>>
>>69224812

No I understand the geographical, trade, and resource importance of the middle east.

I just don't give a fuck. I'm an isolationist.

Now go get fucked by a moose you maple nigger.
>>
>>69227648
It started in the cold war, but it is no longer about just fucking up russian interests.

There are just too many players at the board and all are fighting for different resources.

I think, with all the shit the West has pulled in the Middle East, we are going to see develop a system like the EU, where the different States in the Middle East form a meaningful coalition and start working together, just to cut out the West.

And we are going to fuck shit up as long as we need to have a firm grip on their resources, so our economy does not collapse.
>>
>>69224543
It really just boils down to 2 words: Peak oil.

There is good reason the US waited so long to start tapping into it's natural oil resources: We don't have much. The idea is to leverage our wealth to obtain oil from external sources for as long as possible. When politics got in the way of this, manipulation of nation states became necessary. Hence why the US has been on a war path in the middle east, toppling leader after leader, and claiming oil production facilities where ever possible. It all boils down to the oil, friends. It has nothing to do with WMDs, Human Rights, or Terrorism. Never fucking has.
>>
I used to be a big time Bish fan when I was little. Basically, we wanted to be able to control the oil and prevent the middle east from getting WMD's. Which they didn't have.
Time to go back to isolationism OP.
>>
>>69227827
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/1986_Berlin_discotheque_bombing

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pan_Am_Flight_103

>he had nothing to do with lockerbie

This is some tinfoil shit. There is overwhelming evidence and testimony from Libyan officials that confirms that it was ordered by Gaddafi.

Also

>. Among the groups aided by Qaddafi were the Irish Republican Army, Spain's ETA, Italy's Red Brigades, and Palestinian groups such as the Palestine Liberation Organization
>>
>>69228233
Sure, that makes sense for the oil producing countries, but what about Afghan?
>>
>>69228881
Afghan was for strategic deployment in the region, also, poppy production, a great way to produce wealth. Which country has the highest consumption of pain meds on the planet? Guess who controls the majority of the poppy production in Afghanistan from 2005 onward? The US government and US pharmaceutical companies. We came in and bought them out on shit deals similar to the Louisiana purchase. Those that didn't sell got razed and the rest folded after seeing what happened to their neighbors. We still have troops in Afghanistan, and most of them protect and train people to protect poppy fields.
>>
>>69229599
Interesting, I hadn't heard this before, do you have any links so I can learn more?
>>
This is what happens when you don't let the military to a proper job because the media takes photographs.
>>
>>69230519
You won't see it outwardly discussed, but it is exactly what has happened. Google search for "us poppy fields Afghanistan". You'll find many articles.

https://youtu.be/qW2YWqVpT4E

Don't just watch this video, there is a wealth of information on this out there.
>>
>>69226597
Exactly this.
>Aussi faggot OP BTFO
>>
>>69224543
>The western interventions in Iraq, Afghanistan, Libya and Syria were all complete failures and a waste of time, no?
defense industry, military, supporting industry jobs. justification of defense budgets. nexus of defense industry, political class, military. policing of globalization.

>Why doesn't the west just leave the rest of the world to solve its own problems?
see above, no problems solved. US dominating interest is perservation of status quo, protection of trade. overall, west involves itself in affairs of others simply because it has the ability to and not employing that ability means it would decay.
Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.