[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Do you think America can be considered the spiritual heir of
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 117
Thread images: 15
File: SupremeCourtForum.png (1 MB, 1000x623) Image search: [Google]
SupremeCourtForum.png
1 MB, 1000x623
Do you think America can be considered the spiritual heir of Rome in the modern world?
>>
> spiritual heir of Rome

what in the fuck does that mean?
>>
>>69207558
Republican form of government, was the #1 superpower in the world (and still is) for a prolonged period of time
>>
>>69207558
>ameritard education

kill yourself
>>
>>69207661
>Insults Americans with his American flag

Motherfucking Benedict Arnolds make me sick to my ass
>>
>spiritual heir of Rome
What?
>>
>>69207644
>no Pax Americana
>thinks they are glorious successors to a great empire
>>
>>69206396
Yes. If you visit DC you get that exact feeling of a "modern Rome"
>>
>>69206396
We don't loot and pillage enough. Too worried about being "responsible" and we need our "allies".

If we were Rome Europe would be our vassals and we would force them to fight with us all over the world for whatever the fuck the issue of the year was.
>>
>>69206396

Well, we did sort of make our prosperity the global ideal and remain global hegemon. Idk about "spiritual heir" though. How about we settle for being as we are, the reigning global power humanity's first digital epoch?
>>
>>69207756

That Anon was right though. You're a fucking dumb ass.
>>
Only difference is that america will continue to be humanitys superpower until all of the universe turns cold
>>
>>69206396
Yeah pretty much. Rome was all about multi culturalism and degeneracy. We fit that to a T.
>>
>>69206396
>Do you think America can be considered the spiritual heir of Rome in the modern world?

Do you think Las Vegas can be considered the spiritual heir of Venice in the modern world?
>>
>>69206396
GAHAHAH
Oh wait, you're serious
BWAHAHAHAHAH

Well you sure got the degeneracy and fall down right. Come back when you're a real empire, and not just a nation of plebes who managed to beat the britcucks back.
> inb4 Ausfalia was given their independance
>>
>>69206396
>Do you think America can be considered the spiritual heir of Rome in the modern world?

No that would have been England or France, the USA is the spiritual heir of English and French Empires and or political models
>>
>>69208235
>lost a war to birds
>talking shit about america
>birds
>>
>>69207756
betraying america is like betraying walmart, who gives a shit
>>
>>69207983
Umm yeah you do that, it's called NATO
>>
>>69208113
>>69208321

Call me back when you guys get a real argument you stupid moronic tools.
>>
>>69208363
Token forces ain't enough, leaf. I want all their best and brightest on the front lines dying for the glory of the star spangled banner.
>>
>>69206396
Not America alone, though our government has probably taken the most inspiration from Rome (compared to other Western nations).

Really all of the west are the "heirs" of Rome.
>>
>>69207825
You are currently living in the most peaceful time the world has ever experienced since the dawn of warfare. Thanks America
>>
>>69207644

Also, both Rome and America are symbolised by an eagle.
>>
>>69208582
>peaceful time
Peace is a fairy tale.
>>
If America is the modern version of Rome, then what country is the modern version of Carthage?
>>
>>69208193
Dat bantz
>>
>>69208763
russia is rome. america is carthage
>>
File: sofia.jpg (138 KB, 950x604) Image search: [Google]
sofia.jpg
138 KB, 950x604
>>69206396
Daily reminder that best Rome looked like this.
>>
>>69208763

Germany
>>
>>69208835

BULLSHIT! That whole 'Orthodox Church' thing doesn't mean SHIT! America is Rome proper, Russia is the modern version of the Byzantine Empire.
>>
File: romans.jpg (459 KB, 1920x1200) Image search: [Google]
romans.jpg
459 KB, 1920x1200
>>69206396
No, fuck Rome. Too many kings and tyrants have fucked up the world trying to claim Rome's legacy. Too many fedora tipping faggots and dago ponces have used Rome's fall to blame whatever religious/ethnic group for its destruction. And neoclassical architecture is overrated, just like Rome.
Romanbooism is a plague.
>>
>>69208280
You guys are more like the spiritual successors of Ancient Greece. We're the guys who took everything you did and made it better then cucked the fuck out of you. Hence--Rome.
>>
>>69208992
yeah but carthage was a bunch of white people who moved to shitskin lands and started an empire based on trade and nigger loving

totally america
>>
>>69208967

So WWI and WWII correspond to the First Punic War and the Second Punic War?
>>
>>69208835
But the USSR was defeated by the USA. Your analogy doesn't make any sense.
>>
>>69208193
hahahahaha
>>
>>69209077
Nah, you're the Franks, the guys who broke loose from our empire to watch it crumble. You're building a great civilization in your own right, but not on the scale as our former holdings.
>>
>>69209077

This. The United States is to the United Kingdom what Rome was to Greece.
>>
>>69206396
America is the spiritual heir of the British Empire.
>>
No. Because we will never fall.
>>
>>69209109
You mean how Russia conquered Siberia? Its the same shit.
>>
>>69209215
spiritual successor not time machine picture
>>
File: images.jpg (13 KB, 370x185) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
13 KB, 370x185
I think the air to the Roman empire would be the British Empire. Theyve shaped much of the world in the last 300 years. And created social and political institutions that are still essential for many countries. Theyve influenced cultures all around the world. And lets not forget at one time, comtrolled a majority of the worlds popuoation. English is what you speak today, Americucks.
America would be the heir to the Byzantine empire or beta Rome
A mediocre superpower that isnt as as strong as their father civilisation (Rome/Britain) but is still stronger than most contemporary powers. Just like Byzantine empire was the continuation of the Roman empire, the American empire is a continuation of the British empire. Both can never surpass the empires that brithed them.
>>
>>69209436
theres no darkies in siberia and siberia is not a coastal trade region, its a shitty cold mining place like gaul, rome again
>>
>>69209481
Rome is Greece, America is Rome
>>
>>69209402

Said the Romans, the Carthaginians, the Persians, etc.
>>
>>69209288
>you unironically typed this on your American invented PC / smartphone and Internet (yes--the Brits pioneered the World Wide Web but we take all of the credit just like Rome culturally appropriated lots of things from Greece).

Since the USA isn't on the scale of previous empires, I'm sure you'd get along fine without all of our video games, movies, television shows, software, hardware, restaurants, music, etc etc

If this was the game civilization 5, we'd have won a cultural, domination, and scientific victory 60+ years ago.
>>
>>69209560
Britain is Greece*
>>
>>69208582

the lesson is, if you have peace abroad you have internal chaos and degeneracy within.

Starting to think culling each others populations with war was something the powers-that-be up until WW2 agreed upon.
>>
Everyone should have to learn Latin.
>>
>>69209583
PC is just an arbitrary standard, the computer was invented by Charles Babbage, a Brit.
>we take all of the credit just like Rome culturally appropriated lots of things from Greece
As if we don't know. The airplane was a Kiwi invention, the Wright Brothers just stole it and made like it was theirs.
>>
>>69209583

Pioneered? Tim Berners-Lee, a Brit, did NOT 'pioneer' the World Wide Web - he CREATED it.
>>
>>69208193
Based
>>
File: 1451101593276.gif (1 MB, 393x281) Image search: [Google]
1451101593276.gif
1 MB, 393x281
>there are people that don't know that United Statian law and civil structure is actually modeled after the Greeks, not the Romans.

Seriously Italy?
>>
>>69209863

Oh, wait. 'Pioneer' and 'create' mean the same thing. My bad. Ignore this post. Long day.
>>
>>69209575
They didn't have nukes. I think we'll be destroyed from within by the leftists though. They are our biggest threat.
>>
>>69209977

America is a constitutional republic, which is a Roman legacy. But your elections are a Greek legacy. In truth, all of the modern Western World is the spiritual successor to the ancient Greco-Roman world.
>>
>>69209863
So? Who gives a fuck? You know what I meant.

If you asked 100 people on the street anywhere in the world, "who invented the Internet," nearly every single person would answer, "the USA." Did we invent the Internet? Yes. Would we be actively using it without the World Wide Web? Probably not unless you possessed a luxurious Unix beard. The UK is largely responsible for the current accessibility of the Internet, but we still take all of the credit.

Hence--the UK is to Ancient Greece as the USA is to Rome.
>>
>>69209560
Rome absorbed Greece including its Law, its Gods (many of which were renamed) and other various social structures and values.

However those THINGS are still GREEK.

And educated people know them to be Greek.

Here I was thinking people on /pol/ actually knew this shit.
>>
File: a-golgotha-1485076.jpg (15 KB, 420x280) Image search: [Google]
a-golgotha-1485076.jpg
15 KB, 420x280
>>69206396

obviously it is

> “So! You who are going to destroy the temple
> and build it in three days, 30 come down from
> the cross and save yourself!”
>>
>>69206396
No. Russia is the Third Rome. This is widely known.
>>
>>69209977
A Japanese guy named Minoru Yamasaki designed the twin towers.
>>
>>69208582
you are a boss nigger. You keep doin you brah
>>
>>69210172
I knew it.
>>
>>69210207
How the fuck does that work? You're talking out of your ass.
>>
>>69210233
they were probably good towers too. Earthquake proof, internal space was probably very efficient.
>>
>>69209011
HAHAHA ROMANBOOS but actually the USA is very much the new "Rome" in that it is a rather raceless world power with its sights set on total dominion a la Brezinski's Grand Chessboard
>>
File: 1459057667784.jpg (33 KB, 361x333) Image search: [Google]
1459057667784.jpg
33 KB, 361x333
>>69210316
The flag tells all.
>>
File: Roman Bathhouse2.jpg (94 KB, 800x548) Image search: [Google]
Roman Bathhouse2.jpg
94 KB, 800x548
>>69209077
>You guys are more like the spiritual successors of Ancient Greece
>We're the guys who took everything you did and made it better then cucked the fuck out of you. Hence--Rome

What do you think the British, French and Spanish Empires was doing around the globe in the 1600's, 1700's, 1800's and early 1900's

Who do you think started the industrial revolution, what latin-based language are you speaking?

Also Some us have had Romanesque/Norman buildings here since around 1000ad, not to mention the true Roman period buildings, pic related

If anything America is the spiritual child of the English/British Empire, your constitution is practically copied word for word, you speak English, you're Anglo etc etc

>We're the guys who took everything you did and made it better

That was Japan
>>
>>69210359
this is also true.
>>
>>69210316

>You're talking out of your ass.

No, he's actually not. The Byzantine Empire is considered by some to be the 'Second Rome'. The Holy Roman Empire, the Ottoman Empire and the Russian Empire each claimed to be the Third Rome. Read a book and get educated, Americoon.
>>
>>69210415
Crusades were only about trade routes to China, not some messiah returning. They are now about oil, and increasingly trade.

To dominate the world, you must dominate the key Corridors of Power (tm)
>>
The spiritual successor of Rome needs to carry on their, well, spirit which would entail laws and general worldview.

Considering the fact that there is a debate on abolishing the burden of proof and assumption of innocence in american courts I really don't think you can consider America the spiritual heir of Rome.
>>
>>69210172
You mean how like the United States follows English Common Law, embraced English industrial capitalism and corporations law, is culturally Anglo and speaks English?

I meant to say Britain* is Greece, America is Rome which I corrected myself in right after I posted
>>
>>69209977
>There are people that don't know that United Statian law and civil structure is actually modeled after the Greeks, not the Romans.

There are so many things wrong with this.

First, civil law wad made in Eastern Rome,so Greece, but still Rome.

Secondly, Ameritards don't have the based Civil Law tradition, but the degenerate Anglican common law bestowed upon them from their colonial masters.
>>
File: Battle%2BTeutoburg%2BForest[1].jpg (60 KB, 500x386) Image search: [Google]
Battle%2BTeutoburg%2BForest[1].jpg
60 KB, 500x386
Daily reminder that if you are of white european ancestry, then your ancestors likely worshipped pagan gods and were forced to convert to the judeo-sandnigger god under penalty of death via Roman conquest.

REMOVE Romans
>>
>>69210564
Abrahamic is pleb tier. The Romans just cynically switched to Christianity too, betraying their own culture. The Greeks were superior.
>>
>>69210400
You can't into analogies, Anon. We are your successor just as Rome was Greece's successor. You will never, ever be great again. I'm sorry that I have to break it to you this way.

>If anything America is the spiritual child of the English/British Empire

Exactly. This is the point I was trying to make, you moron. Why are you even responding to me?

>That was Japan

Bullshit. Their video games are complete dogshit compared to ours. JRPGs are garbage compared to WRPGs. Our action and sports games are also leagues ahead of theirs. They only excel over us when we take the automotive industry into account, but even then that's debatable. They're inferior in literally every other way.

And don't even mention anime because it's complete dogshit and has been since the late 90s. Our cartoons are better.
>>
>>69210400
>being told were your children
>from a subject

How about no scot. You're a fucking subject, your life is forfeit to the crown. So why does your opinion matter again?
>>
>>
>>69210675
> Jews most successful tribe in the world, bar none, no one even comes fucking CLOSE

> Abrahamic religions are pleb tier
>>
>>69210709
>Our cartoons are better.
What the fuck?
>>
File: new_zealand[1].gif (3 KB, 237x343) Image search: [Google]
new_zealand[1].gif
3 KB, 237x343
>>69210779
>most successful
>claiming a landmass smaller than a fraction of Kiwi Island

Yea.. jews make guns and stuff right? Wow so successful
>>
>>69206396
yes

its very modeled on many of its precepts
>>
>>69210847
Anime has been complete garbage since the late 90s/early 2000s. Seriously--it's all chibi geared toward autists and moeshit for teenage girls. If you still watch anime in the current year, you should just kill yourself.
>>
>>69206396
>strongest country = roman heir
sage
>>
>>69210709

>Japan
>Bullshit. Their video games are complete dogshit compared to ours.
>Video games

How about Japanese engineering that borrowed everything from the West, made it smaller, cheaper, better, faster and not piss oil like the British and American vehicles did

How about Japanese electronics that paved the way like home video cameras, video recorders, radios, walkmans, etc etc Japan were the masters at borring ideas and making them better.

Though I can tell by your "video games" retorte that you're fairly young so wont hold that against you, you probably don't remember much about the 80's if at all.

>>69210719
>How about no scot. You're a fucking subject
>he thinks i'm a Scot
>>
File: jewnitedstates.jpg (27 KB, 425x240) Image search: [Google]
jewnitedstates.jpg
27 KB, 425x240
>>69210940

Jews own the Jewnited States of America. Jews own the House, the Senate, the courts, the Fed, the main$tream media and both the Dems and Reps. Keep dreaming, kid.
>>
>>69207983
And we'd still tax them for it.
>>
>>69206396
>once a great nation
>now a militaristic empire dependent on constant war
>rampant faggotry and degeneracy
>huge income disparity between large number of (debt)slaves and small number of aristocrats
Looks legit.
>>
File: kingkike.jpg (61 KB, 759x823) Image search: [Google]
kingkike.jpg
61 KB, 759x823
>>69210719

Your country is awash with traitors.
>>
>>69211301
>How about Japanese electronics that paved the way like home video cameras, video recorders, radios, walkmans, etc etc Japan were the masters at borring ideas and making them better.

We're leagues ahead of them now, Are you enjoying your Japanese smartphone, PC, iPod, and iPad? I thought not. 1990 was 26 years ago. Seriously, just stop posting. Even our robots are light-years ahead of Japan's.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rVlhMGQgDkY

If you want to find our potential Carthage--look to China, not Japan.
>>
>>69206396
America is more like Carthage.
Former colony that has risen to be more powerful than colonist, huge navy, ruled by semites...
Russia is called third Rome for a reason
>>
>>69211536
Oh and racial mixing pot.
>>
>>69206396
Sculptures in the top triangle (forgive me I forget the proper term) are a distinctly Greecian trait.

Roman design was flat, maybe with words, but there would be a lone statue on the roof, front and center.

But in the Supreme courts example they used Corinthian columns, in the Roman example they have Ionic, which is the exception, not the norm. Romans almost always used Corinthian.
>>
>>69211597

Your point was
>we took everything England did and made it better
M
y point was that was Japan, in the 50's, 60's, 70's and 80's I'm not interested in the present day where America has taken NOTHING from England and made it better.

Seriously, I can't even be bothered arguing with you when your knowledge of Japans top achievements consists of

>Their video games are complete dogshit compared to ours. JRPGs are garbage compared to WRPGs. Our action and sports games are also leagues ahead of theirs.

>And don't even mention anime because it's complete dogshit and has been since the late 90s. Our cartoons are better.

>iPod, and iPad?

No thanks, never bought an Apple product, like I said the Japanese/Korean phones are cheaper and better.
>>
>>69212046
>like I said the Japanese/Korean phones are cheaper and better.

FACT: they are both not as good and are an IMITATION of a superior product. Please keep proving my point.

USA = Number 1. It's not my fault you are poor and have to settle for a vastly inferior knock-off (their phones still rely on American software, by the way. Kek.)

>My point was that was Japan, in the
>50's
Fucking bulshit. You are an underage retard. They were a pile of rubble kept afloat by our foreign aid.

>60's
Are you fucking shitting me? They were fucking Vietnam tier back then.

>70's
China tier.

>80's
True. For one decade.

I smell underage b&.
>>
>>69212377
ahaha look at this fucking americuck desperately defending his cuck nation

holy fucking shit go choke on a burger. i'm visiting from france and i fucking hate it here. how does it feel knowing that you got the fail people of europe? and that your fail people decided to import 40% non-whites to ruin your fail country even further

hahaha fucking burger-eating shitstain.
>>
File: kys-faggot.png (193 KB, 551x310) Image search: [Google]
kys-faggot.png
193 KB, 551x310
>>69208142
Kk faggot
>>
>>69212811
>growing up
sjw shitbags will never grow up
>>
>>69212377
>You are an underage retard.

>He doesn't remember the Japanese tech boom in the 70's with the like s of Sony, Toshiba, Hitachi etc
>He doesn't remember the likes of post-war Honda, Suzuki, Kawasaki, Yamaha, Toyota etc

>They were fucking Vietnam tier back then.
>Japan vietnam-tier in the 60's
Only the world second largest economy, dingaling

>I smell underage b&.
so do I, was born in the 70's and have a bit more life experience than you, quite a bit more by the sounds of it, you're probably barely shaving.
>>
>>69212553
>i'm visiting from france

Your nation is an irrelevant toilet. I've lurked 4chan for over a decade and I've never once seen a burger claim they were visiting France. Top kek. Stay cucked. Please keep visiting our horrible nation over and over and over like the Eurocuckold you are.
>>
>>69212905
Why in the fuck are you living in the past? Japan hasn't be relevant for nearly 30 years now. You're a pathetic, old faggot that needs to kill himself.

By the way, from 1950 - 1980, if we saw a product that was "Made in Japan," we automatically knew it was a pile of shit. They had a decade of relevance here and the only decent thing they still produce is automobiles.
>>
>>69206396
Only till the 1950s.
>>
>>69211305
like most AmeriGoys, he only has his eyes on Israel as they eat up the USA
>>
>>69209481

Pretty good analogy actually.
>>
>>69213180
>Japan hasn't be relevant for nearly 30 years now.
>Posting on a Japanese board

>if we saw a product that was "Made in Japan," we automatically knew it was a pile of shit.
All that cognitive dissonance, you called it a pile of shit because people like you couldn't bare that a country you had defeated in war were making cheaper, better and more reliable products than America and people all over the world chose Japanese goods over American, because they were better.

>Why in the fuck are you living in the past?
Because it was the whole point of the initial post you spastic

>Why in the fuck are you living in the past?
>in a thread comparing America with Rome

wew
>>
Vaguely, but right now we're still in the Republican days. The empire era is coming...
>>
>>69206396
Nope. Spiritual heir to Britain. Who was spiritual heir to France. Which was a cousin of Rome.
>>
>>69213519
>you called it a pile of shit because people like you couldn't bare that a country you had defeated in war were making cheaper, better and more reliable products than America

Japanese products were fucking garbage and considered third world tier until the 80s - mid 90s here when they actually had some semblance of quality control. Why is this so hard for you to grasp? Sony was facing bankruptcy until their PS4 finally achieved a bit of success (which was built upon hardware manufactured in the USA); Japanese automakers are still doing well. Everything else has basically gone to shit. Japan has fallen from second place to like fourth place or some shit. Even Germany is kicking their ass.
>>
>>69213838
>Japanese products were fucking garbage and considered third world tier until the 80s

Said the government indoctrinated Americans told so to help protect Americas exports and economy.
>>
>>69211597
>If you want to find our potential Carthage--look to China, not Japan.

I think the German analogy works better. You could also make a case for the USSR/Russia. But China? Other than our small part in the Boxer Rebellion, we haven't fucked around with them very much.
>>
>>69209631
I think its just because humans naturally seek conflict, so when they can't find any, they make it themselves.
>>
>>69214334
I bet you suck your waifus dick every night, don't you, you anicuck. Fucking weeaboos.
>>
>>69215138
>waifus
>anicuck
>weeaboos

I wouldn't know, you seem quite the expert on these matters, care to explain?

Gobshite
>>
Funny you bring this up, in April 2016, Times Square is getting a "BAAL ARCH" REPLICA from China, hunnurds of cities are hetting them to shpw solidarity in sumethin or a nother.
Look it up playa
Thread replies: 117
Thread images: 15

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.