[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So /pol/ What do you think about Scouting? Is it good for the
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2
File: world_scout_logo.jpg (155 KB, 1407x1449) Image search: [Google]
world_scout_logo.jpg
155 KB, 1407x1449
So /pol/
What do you think about Scouting?
Is it good for the youth?
Did you participate?
If so what are your experiences?
Do you believe scouting helps against degeneracy
How is scouting perceived by your surroundings?

I myself was part of my local scouting branch and it was pretty fun
I learned some basic survival skills and things about nature you can't really pick up otherwise in this highly urbanized country
Most people at my branch were highly educated for some reason
People here perceive scouting to be a weird organization but I personally believe it is good thing for the youth
>>
It teaches some pretty important skills
>>
>>69205426
it is truly degenerate
>>
If nothing else, that first aid merit badge's knowledge has turned out to be incredibly useful for me on several occassions.
>>
Just like being an altar boy at a Catholic church it's a great way to get molested.
>>
Scouts (and Cubs) taught me how not to be a little bitch. It's shocking how man-child people in their twenties are that haven't gone to scouts.

No matter, we'll use them as fertiliser when the world burns.
>>
>>69206401
I've never been molested though
Maybe that's just britbong culture rubbing of on you
>>
>>69206482
I thought scouting wasn't popular here in toothpaste land
>>
>>69205426
155 KB JPG
So /pol/
>What do you think about Scouting?

Its a good organization but it depends on the scouts, the leader and the troop.

>Is it good for the youth?
Generally yes, because it's a good way to get away from overbearing parents to be out in nature, but there is no replacement for hunting and football with your father.

>Did you participate?
Sure did. Life for life though.

>If so what are your experiences?
Exploring the woods, setting a troop Budget and itinerary, negotiating with can sites , taking care of 10, 000 worth of equipment, getting cars out of the mud, night bikes through the rain, xlombjng trees, inter-patrol rights and competitions, engineering elaborate pulley-bucket pranks out of branches and twine , playing "eggball" since the national committee officially banned football.

>Do you believe scouting helps against degeneracy

It the surrounding scouts are degenerate, no. It they aren't, yes.

>How is scouting perceived by your surroundings?

Connotations to pedos, homophobia, Mormons, and parents who want to ship their autistic kids off to someone else. Its truly a shame though. My troop was too notch, and my SM and ASM were both Viet Nam vets.
>>
>>69205426

I was a
>cub scout
>webelo

Never made it further. I believe my experience was a positive one. It taught me responsibility and good stewardship. I made some good friends and have some fond childhood memories. The best for me was my camp experience in 1982. I belonged to a troop out of Cincinnati in the "Dan Beard Council". We were even allowed to carry pocket knives at age 10. Those were the days.

My daughters have been girl scouts, with one still participating.
>>
>>69206736
It isn't
At all
Everyone will discourage you, never got why
>>
>>69206879
are cubbies no longer allowed to have pocket knives anymore?

that's fucking bullshit
>>
lime my comment if you think that looks like saints row
>>
>>69206848

Phone typos:

negotiating with camp sites

$ 10, 000

Night hikes

Climbing trees

inter-patrol fights

That's not even to mention mountain climbing, rapelling, rifle and shotgun shooting, waterskiing, and once a year going to church as a troop dressed up sharp and then going out to dinner.

For the entire experience, it actually wasn't much monetarily since we did everything as a unit, whereas individuals in adulthood would have to spend almost a million for the same activities.
>>
>>69205426
>>69206221
It's probably infested with indoctrination by now.
>>
>>69206482

Maybe you just werent one of the hot kids worth molesting
>>
File: 1435603815511.jpg (154 KB, 1252x1252) Image search: [Google]
1435603815511.jpg
154 KB, 1252x1252
>>69205426
I think scouting is great, they ruined it in my country tho when they said we had to allow girls to come to it or it was sexist
>Be me
>Be shy 14 year old
>Don't have many friends
>Mum sends me to local scout troop
>Find a love for the great outdoors
>We're only a small scout troop but we spend our time walking around the great outdoors for 2 to 3 hours a day (We lived here a forest so there was plenty to explore)
>For the first time I feel comfortable with a group of people
>One day a girl joins the troop
>Could barely handle other boys my age, don't know how to be around girls
>All the boys flock over to her to be her friend
>I'm not brave enough to join in
>At least we still spend time outside
>Get two weeks in from when she joins
>"My feet hurt, can we head back early"
>"Its raining, I dont want to get my hair wet"
>"I'm really tired, I don't feel like going outside today"
>Over time these excuses piled up and we spent less and less time outside
>My 3 hours a week I was a happy 14 year old boy were reduced to zero
>Spend all the time inside we a group of people who didn't want to talk to me and a girl who'd ruined they only happiness I'd ever found
>Parents would let me go to the forest by myself
>Drop out from the scout troop
>Moved house
>Never went back to the forest again
>>
>>69205426
Treeking's Lads
The Men of the Forest
>>
>>69208619
That's pretty bad
Scouting here is for both sexes as well while the girls did whine a lot no one cared at all and we continued our business, eventually they would give up whining and just go with us
>>
>>69208883
England is pretty cucked tbqhfam
Also the real kicker is that boys still aren't allowed to join guides (The female version of Scouts)
>>
>>69205426
they caved in to the faggots. the "morally straight" part of the oath no longer applies. instead of faggots starting their own club they want to change the establishment to bend over backward for them. i hate faggots and the bsa let themselves get cucked by them
>>
>>69205426

Im a degenerate homosexual scum bag and I went to scouts. Best years of my life, and Im not prancing faggot. Learnt how to tie important knots, how to surive in the wild including fire building and berry picking. But thats literally the only practical stuff I learnt. The rest was playing tiggy scarecrows, hide and seek and burning sausages above a candle.
>>
Eh, Army Cadets is better
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.