[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Fucking monarchy thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 3
File: Friedrich_Zweite_Alt.jpg (2 MB, 1048x1321) Image search: [Google]
Friedrich_Zweite_Alt.jpg
2 MB, 1048x1321
Monarchy is the best form of government. Prove me wrong.

Pic related. Greatest leader of all time.
>>
Problem of succession.
>>
I agree, however the public needs to keep the royalty in check. if the royalty start to betray their country, it should be expected that the citizens will overthrow and execute the current rulers, and put in place a new ruler. This way the rulers must always put their country first, or they risk their lives.
>>
File: P1190390_Potsdam_sans_souci_rwk.jpg (2 MB, 2100x1441) Image search: [Google]
P1190390_Potsdam_sans_souci_rwk.jpg
2 MB, 2100x1441
>>69205681
If a ruler is capable of commanding sufficient resources to put down any rebellion, is that not reflective of greatness? An ineffective government is easily overthrown.
>>
>>69205960
I like how you totally skipped mine faggots. Answer.
>>
>>69205406
You fucking Benedict Arnold
>>
>>69206023
Monarchy is to democracy as Capitalism is to communism.

Sure you'll occasionally get a super shitty ruler, but on the average, only the best quality bloodlines will be capable of seizing power.
>>
>>69205406
>greatest leader of all time
Are you retarded? He's good, but not goat.
>>
>>69205406
A monarchy is only as good as its monarch, and it generally provides no way to remove bad monarchs peacefully and easily.
>>
>>69205595
a monarch raised from birth to rule is a better ruler than your average joe elected by popular vote.

>>69206608
and democracies make it very easy to rationalize bad rulers.
the sword of Damocles hangs far less over the head of elected officials.
>>
>>69206463
>turns Prussia from a shit backwater fiefdom into the most powerful contenental power for 300 years.
>wins battles in which he is outnumbered 2/1
>enlightened absolutism
>"I am a mirror which dares not view itself"

How is he not GOAT?
>>
>>69209146
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Miracle_of_the_House_of_Brandenburg

Literally retained power by a stroke of luck. He wasn't bad, but by no means was this guy GOAT. GOAT isn't just some title you can throw around.
>>
>>69209853
Oh and just to add
>most powerful continental power for 300 years

Which is why Prussia got absolutely positively consummately raped less than a century after he died.
>>
>>69205406
Monarchy works well as long as the leader works for the nation, and us a realist as well. That combination isn't guaranteed however, and that's what makes monarchy unreliable.
>>
>>69206463
>>69209853
>>69210017
>Non-Zombie Monarch

Who's your alternative then faggot?
>>
>>69205406
>Monarchy is the best form of government. Prove me wrong.
>be Sweden
>king goes to brazil
>fucks a random native
>now their royals look nothing like native-swedes do, and more like refugees
>>
>>69210341
No clue. But I'm not about to toss around GOAT as if it's a fucking baseball. Look at this guy.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Charles_V,_Holy_Roman_Emperor

There's probably leaders even better than him but he sets the bar very fucking high.
>>
>>69205406
Why is George Washington fat
>>
>>69210622
Old McDonald's...
>>
>>69210622
>britbong education
At least the pakis made sure you followed sharia law. :^)
>>
>>69210527
Sweeden yes!
>>
File: image.jpg (35 KB, 478x358) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
35 KB, 478x358
>>69210811
OLD MAN WINTER
>>
>>69205406
>Monarchy is the best form of government. Prove me wrong.

I can't, because monarchy is the political analog of capitalism.

It's how the nature works.
>>
>>69209853
50% of history is luck tho.
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.