[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Opinions on Reagan
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 2
Thread title

Good or bad president?
>>
File: x9.jpg (53 KB, 354x236) Image search: [Google]
x9.jpg
53 KB, 354x236
not a god
>>
>>69201787
what
>>
>>69201488

Good man, shitty president, shittier kids.
>>
>>69202460
What made his kids shit?
>>
>>69203601

Two of them are far-left Marxist commie degenerates and the adopted one (aka the least shitty) is a cuckservative political hack.
>>
>>69201488
Immigration loving corporate pawn. I think he was awful. He helped dismantle FDRs economic policies and fucked over the working class/middle class harder than any president before, in the name of trickle down. Unions fell apart and the economy became volatile, not to mention the retarded war on drugs bullshit that he played.

Wins for big pharma
Wins for employers
Wins for banking
Wins for immigrants

Losses for freedom
Losses for workers
Losses for the white race
>>
Nixon was the best.
Eisenhower was also great.

Chris Christie and Kaisich could be good presidents.

If Hillary wasn't bought off by corporations she could have been very good since she's originally also a Rockefeller Republican/Goldwater supporter.
But she's bought off so that's all irrelevant now.
>>
>>69201488
>>69201536

>>69201871
>>
>>69208499
>Nixon was best
Agreed
>Eisenhower was also great
Agreed x2

>Chris Christie and Kasich could be good presidents
Maybe but in today's climate they would fail

>If Hillary wasn't bought off by corporations she could have been very good since she's originally also a Rockefeller Republican/Goldwater supporter.
But she's bought off so that's all irrelevant now.
Yeah, Hillary is far gone now honestly.
>>
without him USSR would of never falled
>>
>>69208226
just google "trickle down economics" and actually read. its always been a attack from dems
>>
>>69201488

>>69201536

>>69201871

>>69208499
>Amnesty RINO Kasich
No.

>Nixon
Repost:

the simplistic view of Dick I got in school
>Muh loss of trust From the American people in Democracy

But then I looked into it, started turning into a basic bitch cuckservative, and realized
> he ended the Vietnam war with a rearmament plan in place,

>presided over the Sino Soviet split

>for better or worse told the world to fuck off by taking us off the gold standard, effectively defaulting before we reached bankruptcy.

> Watergate was no worse than say a Texas Senate candidate stuffing ballot boxes in the 30s.

But then I looked into his further, from neither a liberal nor a conservative view but an independent one, and realized
>He personally prolonged the war so he can end it on his terms

>The Yom Kippur War was engineered to uphold the shit states of Saudi and Israel as American agents in the region, as untrustworthy as they are

>The opening up of China was done on unequal and parasitic terms

>It was also done on the backs of Bangalesh, Cyprus and East Timor

>Nixon staffers thought he was going to institute a military coup

>The first charges of impeachment against him was not for the Watergate break in but using the IRS and FBI as personal bludgeons against political opponents

The man had a couple screws loose.
>>
>>69209888
You can dissect any president.
Every president has a lot of flaws.

Bill Clinton is just another neoliberal.
Obama basically a continuation of 8 years Bush, invaded Libya while he was president. Also prolonged a war that should not have happened.
>>
>>69209888
Fuck. Double post.

Any way here's impeachment article II

>He has, acting personally and through his subordinates and agents, endeavoured to obtain from the Internal Revenue Service, in violation of thr constitutional rights of citizens, confidential information contained jn income tax returns for purposed not authorized by law,

>and to cause, in violation of thr constitutional rights of citizens, income tax audits or other income tax investigations to be intitiated or conducted in a discriminatory manner.

>He misused the Federal Bureau of Investigation, the Secret Service, and other executive personnel, in violation or disregard of the constitutional rights of citizens, by directing or authorizing such agencies or personnel to conduct or continue electronic surveillance or other investigations for purposes unrelated to national security, the enforcement of laws, or any other lawful function of his office;

>he did direct, authorize, or permit the use of information obtained thereby for purposes unrelated to national security, the enforcement of laws, or any other lawful function of his office; and he did direct the concealment of certain records made by the Federal Bureau of Investigation of electronic surveillance.
>>
>>69210166
"it's not a crime when the president does it"

Also he hated pretty much everyone who came from a nice/rich background which caused some of his paranoia
>>
>>69210159
Eisenhower had flaws (the U2 shoot down, his dubious conduct with German POWs, the Bay of Pigs being his idea in the first place).

Johnson to Obama were just insane.

But yes, it's important for the left to realize that Obama is Bush 2.0, and Bush was Clinton 2.0.

It's important for the right to realize that "free" trade is also associated with national security risks and is often not done on equal terms.
>>
>>69201488
He fucking sucked.
>Amnesty
>Tripled federal spending
>Sold out on most conservative issues
>Riddled with dementia

People liked him for the image, not for the policy
>>
>Creates GDP growth
>At the expense of the average citizen
mfw China would be proud of his policies
>>
>>69210366
Well even if the Bay of Pigs Invasion was his idea it still wasn't his fault it failed as he never ordered it during his Presidency.
>>
I think indians are disgusting people and should learn to shit in the toilet like everyone past age six and not in the streets like a goddamn wild animal
>>
>>69210243
He hated Jews, though Kissinger basically had free reign.

He distrusted Blacks, but penned his own civil rights bills as Senator.

He didn't have an affinity for draft dodgers, since he broke his Quaker oath to fight in the war, but had to work with them

He hated commies, but opened up China and negotiated detente with the USSR.

The man was always on the "edge" of what he loved and what he hated, same during a volatile time in the US. I could understand his paranoia a bit.

Have you read The Trial of Henry Kissinger btw?
>>
>>69210558
It was a trap to begin with, and by the time JFK realized this it was too late.
>>
>>69201488
Economic policies were those of his handlers. Started the shitstorm economics that got us here.

Based individual, would've loved to meet, but was more or less a puppet.
>>
>>69208226
He took stagnating economy with huge inflation. Set it up for one of the biggest and longest economic booms in recent history by employing free market policies.
>>
>>69210366
>free trade
I don't even know what they mean with it most of the time because often times they mention "free" trade and it ends up being subsidies and protectionist policies.

Free trade is great but the term has been bastardized and it's used any time when a politician whores him/herself out.
Can you call big USA pharmacies being protected from any/most international competition free trade?
I don't think so.

>>69210606
>hated Jews
Didn't show up during his actions

He said a lot of "offensive" stuff but that may just have been the way he spoke.

>He hated commies
Not any more than Kennedy, JFK was much more ready to go to war with Commies than Nixon ever was.

Actions are more meaningful than words.
If you only go by the words we get from the tapes you could see him as the next Hitler but he was pretty much as moderate as Obama was/is
>>
>>69210841
>you could see him as the next Hitler
Could have seen him as an NSDAP official*
>>
>>69201488
He fed Wall Street the blue tendie and they ate it up like the sharks they are.
And the rest of the U.S. bought it, because we're the biggest suckers on the planet.
>>
>>69210841
I would consider Nixon more sensible. If he did try to be more aggresive towards communism it wouldn't have went as well seeing as the United States was already facing hard times during his Presidency like the oil embargo and the hippies.
>>
>>69210841
>Actions are more meaningful than words

Yeah that was my point. He probably thought that the richcucks, commies, Jews and blacks were disastrous, but for political reasons had to promote them and deal with them, which may have fed into his paranoid behaviors.

>Free trade

Good examples. Here's some other ones I love
>
Obama promised to close down domestic coal production, while stifling nuclear, messing with oil via ethanol, and subsidizing green--

While the ExIm bank invests in foreign coal ventures.

>
Trade with China is touted as "free"--

But Chinese laborers and the laborers of their subcontractors are often treated as slaves, the PRC government has heavy intervention in private markets, and China likes to manipulate its currency.

>
Trading with OPEC for oil is seen as a good thing --

When we can throttle their supply any day

>

H1B visa Indians are seen as hired by companies in voluntary bases--

When firms actually extort them by threatening to send them back, there are plenty of domestics ready to take those jobs, and they are subsidized by welfare in some states including California

I could go on.
>>
>>69210841

Also have you noticed that when people propose the real problems with "free" trade, economists point back to Comparative Advantage as if we're still living in the time of Smith and Ricardo?

No, the US trading with PRC is not the same as Flemish dyes for English wool or however that example goes.

The U.S. has the land, labor, capital and raw materials for manufacturing. I'm reluctant to believe that if we peg our trade to where it is now, or even roll it back to pre NAFTA, prices would skyrocket and bedlam would erupt.
>>
>>69211768
I think thanks to all the "free" trade deals and policies that have been made and those that are being breached that it's impossible to tell how much advantage still exists with comperative advantage.
There's also the enormous US tax code with deductions/exemptions added every year for politicians who lobbied successfully.

It's all become such an enormous mess.
>>
>>69210841
He opened China and US free trade, which hurt the soviets. Stop nit picking you spastic, it was the fucking 70s the soviet union was still around..
He was certainly very critical and suspicious of jews

>Not any more than Kennedy, JFK was much more ready to go to war with Commies than Nixon ever was.

He and Kissinger bombed the literal fuck out of the commies in laos and nam. Are you kidding me?
>but he was pretty much as moderate as Obama was/is

retard
>>
>>69212739
>retard
Want to know who started affirmative action?
You guess it right, Nixon.

Increased spending on federal employee salaries
Nixon

Proposed a guaranteed annual wage (aka a “negative income tax”).
Nixon

Advocated comprehensive national health insurance (single payer) for all Americans.
Nixon

Indexed Social Security for inflation and created Supplemental Security Income.
Nixon

Created the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA), Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA), the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA), and the Office of Minority Business Enterprise
Nixon

Instituted a War on Cancer
Switched to a more flexible monetary system.
Supported Equal Rights Amendment

The list goes on and on.
By todays standards he would be a left leaning liberal.

Or were you calling me a retard because you think Obama is much more on the right than Nixon was?
Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.