[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Watchmen
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 4
File: Watchmen,_issue_1.jpg (103 KB, 821x1280) Image search: [Google]
Watchmen,_issue_1.jpg
103 KB, 821x1280
Let's talk Watchmen.

Radix Journal talks about it here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TawNk7HZbsM

So, who do you sympathise with? Was Ozymandias justified in his actions, to create an egalitarian future utopia built upon lies, or is Rorschach's unflinching righteousness, even in the face of Armageddon, the most morale thing to do? Is it all just a joke? Is the Comedian the ultimate redpilled character?

Got any other interesting graphic novels, some redpilled suggestions?
>>
File: dccomics-wallpaper17.jpg (80 KB, 550x413) Image search: [Google]
dccomics-wallpaper17.jpg
80 KB, 550x413
>>69200290
Bump, surely we have people here who have read the comic or seen the film
>>
>>69200290
All I remember is that blue guy's giant chubbs he had the entire movie
>>
File: dr.jpg (95 KB, 1920x810) Image search: [Google]
dr.jpg
95 KB, 1920x810
>>69201097
Some animator actually had to painstakingly create one in detail.

Was probably a fag
>>
The film was one of the worst I've seen in my life. Total and utter dog shit.
>>
Ends don't justify means. In fact, the ends Ozymandias got weren't all that good or permanent. He killed millions and lowered the standard of living for billions. Countries will waste capital building defenses against the "aliens"/Dr. Manhattan leading to even more of a decrease in standards of living.

Anyway, I'll stop the analysis there. It's clear Alan Moore had no clue with regards to society and economics. This is an exposition of his own fears of nuclear war and inner turmoil. In fact, if you watch the movie or read the graphic novel again with this in mind it's clear where things are coming from.
>>
>>69200290
Rorsarch was a moral-absolutist retard, but in this case he was right. Ozymandias killed millions of people to 'unite' humanity against aliens, only there weren't really any aliens. What happens when people start to realize the whole thing was a lie? For someone who's described as a genius, Ozymandias really didn't think his plan through.
>>
>>69200290
Well, in that universe nuclear war really was about to happen, and ozymandias prevented it. I suppose it depends on whether you think humanity is worth saving
>>
>>69201750
Im sure he can manufacture more incidents to keep things strung along, by the time anyone figures it out it wont matter
>>
Comedian = Personification of /pol/
Night Owl = Personification of nu-male left

Do you agree?
>>
>Society will destroy itself with nuclear war
>This is assumed as 100% fact
>Even though in real life we avoided it

It's a fucking stupid premise. The long and short of it is they didn't have faith in humanity to save themselves. There is nothing to suggest nuclear war was a certainty.
>>
>>69202117
Real life didnt have dr manhatten. Its established that america was going to launch a first strike
>>
>>69202117
We got really fucking close, though. We were pretty lucky .
>>
It's all a joke.
All a fucking joke.
>>
>>69202095

>Ozymandias = the epitomy of the enlightened man; smart, ruthless and strong
>Rohrschach = a die hard idealist
>Miss Jupiter = feminist slag
>Nightowl = an idealist leftie, who just cares about getting laid eventually
>Comedian = stormfront sociopath nihilist
>>
Ozymandias was an extreme narcissist. He pretended to be altruistic, but the only thing he was really driven by was putting his name up there with the great pharaohs.
>>
>>69202950

Like all great leaders in history.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.