[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Anytime I try arguing that Islam is a violent religion that has
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 3
File: image.jpg (42 KB, 569x428) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
42 KB, 569x428
Anytime I try arguing that Islam is a violent religion that has no place in western society I get the complaint that Christianity used to be just as violent. Some people even claim that people still commit violence in Christianity's name.

Do these counter arguments hold water /pol/? Are there still large populations or "Christian" groups that commit atrocities in God's name? Are these even comparable to their Muslim counterparts?
>>
>>69199535
The problem is you are trying to win an argument against retards. You will never sway the opinion of a retard.
>>
We cannot go back in time. We can only worry about the problems we face here and now.

Islam is the issue at the moment. If christianity becomes radicalized and starts a violent jihad then we will deal with it....
>>
>>69199535
why don't you go do some research and then come back and tell us
>>
File: B0eppuJCMAQslDM.jpg (22 KB, 500x363) Image search: [Google]
B0eppuJCMAQslDM.jpg
22 KB, 500x363
>>69199535
Show them this pic, showing terrorism by ideology [there are other sources for the same information]

Ask them to name one Christian holy war outside of the Crusades, then when they can't, ask them who the Crusades were fought against.

Then show them a world map before Muhammad and 200 years after.

That collectively should make the case quite clear.
>>
While it's true, it doesn't mean much because Christianity isn't as feral anymore.
People need to stop letting Islam be as it is and focus on neutering it like Christianity as fast as possible.
>>
>>69199535
>X is shit
>But Y is also shit
>Therefore both X and Y are shit

If somebody tells your Christianity is garbage, just agree with them and move on to how Islam is fucking terrible. It doesn't matter.

I'm not saying Christianity is shit I'm just saying it's independent of the Islam's quality. Just "agree" or say they may very well be right and then remind them how inconsequential that fucking point is.
>>
>>69199535
>X is shit
>But Y is also shit
>Therefore both X and Y are shit

They can't into logic. The proper answer is to remind them that the quality of Christianity says nothing of the quality of Islam. If a certain car model is terrible, it's perfectly possible for a second model to be just as terrible if not worse and for the first one to still be fucking atrocious.
>>
>>69199535
1st of all, islam have done much worse than christianism they've never been 'just as violent'. Islam killed 300millions total

2nd somebody doing something bad centuries ago isnt a justification for doing bad things today

3rd you don't argue with a leftist unless:

- They're that 1% of leftist that argue in good faith (not sure if my english is right there)
- You have a public that listen to the debate
- You are forced to at school
>>
Why do Christians get persecuted when Islamists kill ? What about communism ? It's godless and more modern compared to the crusades
>>
>>69200054
>>69200348
Why couldn't I see my first post for a whole two minutes? What are those dark arts?
>>
>>69199535
>I get the complaint that Christianity used to be just as violent

That's not a valid complaint.
>>
>>69199535
It is objectively untrue.
Even if it was true, it's irrelevant.
Do not try to argue with brainwashed people.
They are bubbled. They will reach the right conclusions on their own when their bubbles are ruptured. They will never see reason through the bubble.
>>
>>69199535
all violent verses in the Bible are found in the old Testament which is the Jewish holy book and has no bearing on the teachings of Christ that Christians follow (which contradict most old Testament teachings) therefore violence in the Bible is a Jewish thing, not Christian.
>>
>>69199535
>I get the complaint that Christianity used to be just as violent.
Tell them Muslims are welcome in 500 years when they chill a bit.
>>
>>69199535
People who think like that should be ignored, they are the vermin of society that scrapes the bottom of the barrow. Unfortunately they are massive in number and it's only the numbers that support itself. They aim for the lowest common denominator and use that as justification for literally anything. The excuses such as "they did it too so it's OK" or "that person is even worse so this person should be forgiven" - this is literally the driving force of degeneracy. Think about it, they are justifying violence because another group was violent. We can keep playing that game and the next group can say "yeah so what ISIS was just as violent." Unless people seek to aim high instead of low, society in general will not improve.
>>
>>69199535
it's not even a countr argument

I usually tell them, we were talking about islam, why are you bringing up Christianity? Saying someone else does bad things too is the argument of a small child
>>
>>69199535
Yes, Christians have gone to war and been violent in the past. Sometimes they used Christianity to justify their actions. Occasionally Christianity may have actually been the cause. And yes, some still do so today. Joseph Kony and the Lord's Resistance Army spring to mind.

But that's a vanishingly small minority. And none of them are in modern Western countries. This cannot be said of Islam.
>>
>>69199535

Jesus murdered 0 people , if you murder you are not a christfag
>>
>>69206154

to add to that muhamit murdered a lot , if you dont murder you are not real muslim
>>
File: 1421817757894.jpg (119 KB, 763x914) Image search: [Google]
1421817757894.jpg
119 KB, 763x914
>>69199787

holy fucking shit this is more than /thread, this is /society
>>
>>69199535
It doesn't matter whether or not Christianity is a violent religion because "Christians" don't even follow the bible. You're correct, sand niggers have no place in the west.
>>
Nein, christliche Kreuzzüge waren eine Antwort auf Al-Andalus und als eine Art Rückeroberung ausgeformt (ähnlicher Zustand wie heute).

Selbst Qaddafi hat das seinerzeit so gesehen und verlangte eine Abkehr vom islamischen Wahn.
>>
If they weren't brainwashed retards they wouldn't lobby to bring a new Dark Age onto Europe

>ISLAM CAN DO IT BECAUSE CHRISTIANITY DID IT ONCE ALREADY

yeah okay I don't want to live in a world where some durka durka moron who wears a fucking picnic blanket on his head can behead me for saying the Earth doesn't orbit Allah's asshole, or whatever retarded shit muslims believe about their jewgod. Copernicus already got killed by powerhungry kike priests for saying that once, and we don't need to let it happen again just to prove how "tolerant" we are
>>
>>69199535
No it wasnt
Christianity was only questionable in violence when it came to the inqusition, but anything else was a normal act of war, and was waged like any act of War.
Meanwhile, these terrorists, like the cowards they are, blow themselves up, and target civilians.
The crusader kingdoms did not persecute the muslims who would pay taxes and be loyal actually, same of course goes for the jews.
Meanwhile the terrorists murder anyone who, not just isnt of their religion, but also who isnt muslim enough for them, killing them in vile ways.

No religion is peaceful nor should it be, at least not fully, because it would lead to weakness and a lack of selfdefense. Righteus reaction to violence is always justified, so when someone tries to occupy the Holy Grave you go and wage war. Same goes for Muslims if someone would attack their sites, they have the right to good boom boom, but not in our lands.
>>
The new testament explicitly states that it's okay to consort with non Christians and that a marriage between a Christian and a non Christian is still holy in the eyes of god.
Show me where the Quran says similar.
>>
>>69199535
It is fallacious to argue that Islam in it's current state is fine because Christianity was similar in the past. That is an instance of the genetic fallacy: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Genetic_fallacy

The only thing that matters today, is how both religions are practiced today. And no, there are no Christian extremists currently that are comparable to Islamist extremists.
>>
What is a Reformation OP?
>>
Are you talking about the Crusades when you say "atrocities"?
The pushback to centuries of Muslim invasion where they desecrated Christian graves and holy sites, slaughtered god knows how many and took many more into slavery? Those atrocities?
>>
>>69199535
Christianity had organised violence and a country without it would have been within its rights to oppose it until it wasn't.. Which is what happened, Christianity changed and became suitable for other nations.

There is no way to predict how one religion will evolve by looking at another.
>>
>>69209216
*Cough* Catholics *Cough*
Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.