[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
NYC gibme tips
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3
File: big_apple.jpg (226 KB, 648x432) Image search: [Google]
big_apple.jpg
226 KB, 648x432
i'm moving to brooklyn in the fall to attend college. my grandparents have a place there and aren't charging me for rent, otherwise that overpriced shithole would be a no-brainer.

>1. Transportation - subway vs small car vs motorcycle vs dirt bike vs scooter

>2. /pol/ NYC residents' personal experiences, occupations and tactics

>3. new york city is another jerusalem

>4. just for keks, PREPPING in the case of another terrorist attack, general safety precautions, or am i just paranoid?
>>
>>69198258
Bring a subcompact pistol
>>
No car, you have to move it twice a week for alternate side parking. (Don't ask.)
>>
2. There are extremely granular crime maps of NYC available. Use them. Criminals rarely venture to areas they are unfamiliar with.

Similarly, there are maps of car, bicycle and pedestrian accident history. Learn from them when planning routes.

Use the online 311 system to report the shit out of burnt out streetlights, dead trees and anything else that bugs you. Broken Windows, y'all.
>>
>>69198354
Amended. Even if you can find parking, driving is terrifying and expensive.
>>
>>69198258
The metro here is extremely convenient, albeit extremely crowded during rush hours. You'll get used to it soon enough. Also, don't take the subway after midnight if you can.
>>
>>69198258
is /pol/ the appropriate place for your fucking college planning session?

go talk to fucking grandma

reported
>>
3 and 4. Put aside your racist beliefs. What appears to be a safe white person is not necessarily one, and what appears to be a scary Hispanic or black thug could have your back when a real criminal appears.
>>
>>69199027
Ask again at adv, OP.
>>
>>69198258
Former Jewklynite reporting in.

>i'm moving to brooklyn in the fall to attend college.
Which one?

>my grandparents have a place there and aren't charging me for rent

Holy shit you are unimagibly lucky. If it's a private house learn if they could sneak you in on the will. If it's an apartment, keep a backup in mind.

>otherwise that overpriced shithole would be a no-brainer.
I used to live with room mates in Brownsville after my mother died. The rent was cheap once we split it, but the niggotry kept me on guard.

>1. Transportation - subway vs small car vs motorcycle vs dirt bike vs scooter
Save up. If you are going to Manhattan often use the subway. If you are going from Jersey to Long Island to Upstate to CT then it's reasonable to save up for a used Honda.

>2. /pol/ NYC residents' personal experiences, occupations and tactics

Honestly it's not as dangerous as parts of Milwaukee or Camden. That said keep your guard up and don't look people in the eye on the streets or in the subway. Don't buy over prices crap. Haggle with your phone dealer, your car dealer, the repair man and the landlord (if you decide to rent one day). Make Russian or Ukrainian friends from Brighton Beach.

Park Slope, Carrol Gardens, Williamsburg = Hipsters

Brownsville, East New York, Bushwhick, East Flatbush = Niggers

Sunset park= spics

Greenpoint = Polish

Brighton Beach= scheming former USSR folks

Manhattan Beach= Rich Russians and Russian Jews

Borough Park = Orthodox Jews

Do not drive there in Friday before Shabbos.

Mill Basin, Bergen Beach= Italians

>3. new york city is another jerusalem
Some areas.
>4. just for keks, PREPPING in the case of another terrorist attack, general safety precautions, or am i just paranoid?

Fucking Christ, there is no need to prep, and there is nothing you can do if that happens . Just stay cool, keep your head low, and try to stay connected.
>>
>>69198258
Get a motorcycle(not a crotchrocket)
Remove spark plugs when you're not using it
Unfortunately basically every type of weapon is illegal in jew York, buy some anti-bear spray and carry it on you at all times
>>
File: zimintroduction10-big.jpg (299 KB, 1200x692) Image search: [Google]
zimintroduction10-big.jpg
299 KB, 1200x692
>>69199812
>Which one?
NYU - law enforcement
>Make Russian or Ukrainian friends from Brighton Beach
why's that? aside from the blintzes and women

>>69200242
>Get a motorcycle
i was thinking about this one but i figure now it'd be a dangerous option. then again i'd have a load of freedom, and be able to drive it out of the city.
>>
>>69198788
this is high quality advice.
>>
>>69200863
>i was thinking about this one but i figure now it'd be a dangerous option. then again i'd have a load of freedom, and be able to drive it out of the city
The insurance is cheap, the gas will take forever to use, parts are cheap af, and unless you leave NYC it's impossible for anyone to drive fast enough to do you any real bodily harm if they hit you(which in all likeness won't ever happen
>>
>>69200863
>why's that?
I'm assuming because they will make good friends and will always have your back
>>
>>69198258
I agree with bringing a small gun.

Also subway only way to go unless your a hipster faggot.

Air BNB your room and sleep in living room to earn 100 extra dollars a day.

New York City is run by Jews and Faggots.

Terrorist attack will most likely happen sometime soon. Avoid walking underground.

Good luck. I cant wait to get out this September.
>>
File: 1454651305438.png (165 KB, 360x220) Image search: [Google]
1454651305438.png
165 KB, 360x220
>>69201552
thanks man, good luck to you too.
>>
>>69200863
Date Russian women at your own risk.

Brighton Russian friends will help you navigate toward cheap goods and services and employment openings.

Good luck with your education. >>69201552
>Bringing a small gun
Anon if you decide to pack heat do not carry it on your person. You will be found out by cops one day and kiss your dreams good bye.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.