[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Are most people these days depressed because we don't live
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 4
File: neolithic-farmers.jpg (55 KB, 610x350) Image search: [Google]
neolithic-farmers.jpg
55 KB, 610x350
Are most people these days depressed because we don't live like this?

Do we still feel a deep seated yearn to be part of tribe/community, working together, building shelters and forging bonds?
>>
>>69197510
I am depressed because I am surrounded by liberals. I am taxed into oblivion. I cant own a fully automatic M16 and I cant grow Marijuana in my backyard.
>>
>>69197631
>Libertarian's Battle Cry
>>
Expectations too high
Failure inevitable
Self-esteem, equality, everybody wins culture

>you can be anything you want to be Johnny!
>girls can be great too Mandy!
>>
File: 1416168356676.jpg (34 KB, 604x397) Image search: [Google]
1416168356676.jpg
34 KB, 604x397
>>69197631
This is too much. It's time to call it a night.
>>
Yes.
>>
yes I realized this after watching this movie and turned into an anarchists primitive
>>
>>69197631
You can't have livestock if the property isn't big enough. If pot becomes legal I doubt people will be allowed to stink up the suburbs with it.
>>
Can't speak for anyone else, but I am.
>>
>>69197510
Dream life tbqh
>>
>>69197510
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YH3c1QZzRK4

We're depressed because the vast majority of us don't explore, don't build and don't have any kind of adventure anywhere in our lives.

We've replaced exploration with safety and creativity with servitude, we substitue storytelling and entertainment for danger and challenge, and as a result we are soft and filled with existential doubt, a man surviving does not stop to stop to trouble himself about why.
>>
>>69197510
Yes they are and yes we do. It is the natural human state of being. We can't just leave it behind.
>>
>>69197510

Yes.

I am lucky that I get to work around nature every day but being inside an office or a car or a building for most of your waking hours isn't normal.
>>
File: image.jpg (578 KB, 1600x1200) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
578 KB, 1600x1200
I know it's how I was supposed to live.

It's too late for me now.

I would have been a shaman,
a spiritual leader.

In my head it's all so clear; I have a natural spiritualism to me that I don't see in others. It's squandered these days; I know too much to believe it, making it ultimately unfulfilling.

If we were all ignorant... Oh man would I be happy. I could speak of the nature of our small primal world and bring the community together in shared belief and understanding.

These days the most I can do is play cultist with buddies of mine and we all have a good time, but ultimately it's just a hobby. I can always dream.
>>
>>69197510
communism is lame
>>
>>69199427
I very much know this feel
>>
>>69198967
People don't allow it

You can't even go on a hike without officers asking "whatcha doing here"
>>
>>69197510
I'm depressed because i have a terrible social anxiety, i can't make friends let alone meet girls because of this shit.
>>
>>69197510

People are depressed in part because they don't challenge themselves.

In the lifestyle you propose, there was no avoiding challenge, nowadays you actively have to seek it out, but very few people have the drive to do that.
The bonds and community also play a big part, naturally, but that is still quite easy.
>>
Yes I really miss being disembowled by large cats and watching my wife and children get raped to death by rival tribesmen.

I miss when americans weren't 12 yr old cocksucking gay retards.
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.