[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I challenge you to find one wrong thing with this comic. /pol/
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 174
Thread images: 14
I challenge you to find one wrong thing with this comic.

/pol/ thoroughly BTFO.
>>
>>69187631
Life's not fair, quit bitching about your own shitty life and try to make life better for your kids like Richard's parents did.
>>
A comic with an author of one-sided worldview try to prove that these two examples somehow reflect our society as a whole.

You're right, I could find no problem, this is a crystal-clear example of stupidity. Keep up the good work OP.
>>
>>69188228
Yup. BTFO
>>
>>69187631
Poverty can be avoided by careful spending basically just buy all the things you LITERALLY ONLY NEED like groceries. Too bad most poor people have bad impulse regulation over their greed.
>>
>>69187631

Maybe Paula should have studied something real in school so she could advance past her parents and not compare her life to strangers
>>
She just needs to kill Richard. His advantages mean nothing when he is dead.
>>
A lot of the world's billionaires started out in poverty or at least in the lower middle class.
Adversity can often times be a great asset and help to make someone smart, clever, and driven.

Also it's easier to get scholarships if you're poor.
>>
>>69187631

theres nothing wrong with charity but there's a lot wrong with welfare because it mostly goes to people who dont really need it and traps everyone who takes it on it forever
>>
>>69188776
This. Also colleges are more likely to accept you. Especially if you are non-white too.
>>
>>69188432
>>69187976
>>69188577
>>69188776
>>69188905
>>69189001

This is what corporate cocksuckers actually believe.

Still BTFO.

>>69188626
This guy gets it.
>>
>>69187631
This comic does not blow /pol/ the fuck out

in fact it is entirely unrelated

you are a filthy hue faggot
>>
>>69187631
The reason ends at the loan approval pane. I had $50,000 in the bank and couldn't get a $500 unsecured credit card simply because I had never ever applied for a card or loan, and had always lived within my means. Credit is all about building from secured capital to unsecured credit, and building that up. It can be started with as little as $20 at some banks. So that pane is complete nonsense.
>>
>>69187631
What happens to the 'paulas' that make their way out of povetry to become like richard's parents?
Should they be punished for trying to help their children succeed?
Should we lower the bar and force everyone to grow up in paula's situation?
>>
Am I only one who feels a rise in blood pressure everytime someone says """""" BTFO """""" nowadays?

Wooooah I accidentally BTFO my sandwich by adding too much mayo!11!
Weeeeewwww did you see that gardener BTFO of that rosebush by pruning the thorns?!!!11!!1??!

It's worse than shitty bait.
>>
>Be Paula
>Happy
>Couldn't care about money.
>Live thriftily.
>Still happy.

The more money you have, the more stupid you get. If you are happy with having the least, you are way better off than any other frame of mind.
>>
literally everything is wrong with it. Richard did not take any handouts from the government, he and his family worked together as a cohesive unit and found success.

Paula's family got bad luck, bad genetics and bad choices, but to say that richard and richard's family didn't work hard to accumulate the things he needed for success is dishonest
>>
File: 1447468510810.jpg (28 KB, 500x581) Image search: [Google]
1447468510810.jpg
28 KB, 500x581
>>69187631
She isn't a rich prick, oh man that sucks for her! She worked hard to stay in school, got a job, oh man what a rough life! Parents cared about her and her future, terrible stuff!
>>
>>69188228
Good post

>>69187631
Commie pls, don't you have Lula's ball to lick?
>>
So, parents shouldn't be able to give their children access to better conditions for a successful life? What the fuck does this person want? Brave new world style baby factories?
>>
Ain't no welfare if you eliminate money, and everyone works free to help each other.
>>
Maybe if Paula worked a bit harder she wouldn't be serving food. Maybe she would've gotten scholarships for school if she studied more. Just a thought.
>>
File: 1457469232781.gif (609 KB, 299x299) Image search: [Google]
1457469232781.gif
609 KB, 299x299
>>69187631
You're implying that since the woman is poor, she was put in a poor position, that's a false assumption. It was her parents that fail her, they didn't push her enough in her studies that fail her, it has nothing to do with monetary worth.
Also if she can't juggle work and college, she should drop one or the other.

Overall it was her poor grades, her parents lack of concern for her grades, and her lack of adapting to her new lifestyle that got her into that position.
>>
File: 1458830023343.gif (3 MB, 322x178) Image search: [Google]
1458830023343.gif
3 MB, 322x178
>>69190861
Completely buttblasted AND B T F O (btfo).

>>69190611
>>69191155
>>69191599
>>69191872
>>69192037
Pic related, you corporate cocksucking cucks have no idea what the real world is like. B T F O still by the comic

>>69190811
makes an arguable point. I'd say that they got there with the help of a country that they owe their help.

>>69190951
Life is about being happy, a lot of people forget this. I live like you do, and I am happy every day.

>>69191670
interesting
>>
>>69187631

Just add another less privileged kid next to Paula, leave Richard out and... Wow! Paula should check her privilege. And you could go on. Add a child in a war torn country next to it, or a child soldier in some African shithole. It can always get worse. Life is unfair. Deal with it. Richard might get cancer with 40 and die while Paula might life to 80. Or the otherway around. Or whatever. Stop whining. There will always be people more "privileged" than you and you will always be more "privileged" than others. Whatever. That's life.
>>
>>69192538
Ubuntu Movement
It is the future.
>>
>>69191670

This Star Trek Utopia shit didn't even work in fiction when they backpaddled on it in DS9
>>
>>69191155
But for Richard to say he did it all by himself is equally dishonest
>>
>>69187631
I can get behind the concept that rich children from nice homes will do better than poor children from broken homes. That's obvious. If that's the point this image is trying to make, I agree -- that should be self evident, but whatever.

If, however, this is supposed to have ANYTHING to do with race or gender, it's fucking idiotic. The greatest privilege of all is economic privilege. Being born middle class or better to a pair of happily married and attentive parents is the biggest leg up a child can have.
>>
>>69193068
Considering that race/gender was never brought up, I'd say that it was all about the inherent economic disenfranchisement.
>>
>>69187631
>wahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh real life hurts my feelingsssssss
>>
>>69192858
Do you think in a world that had this as its structure, they wouldn't look at a world like ours and think we are no better than greedy savages? It looks like something that would not work, only because we have been in this monetary system for so long. I would like to think Humanity is mature enough to embrace this idea, as myself and many others are currently instigating large-scale projects and seeding it globally.
>>
>>69193242
Then what's the goddamn point of the comic?

>poor people are worse off
Groundbreaking. I'm glad the artist took the time to prove such a profound point.
>>
File: 1457696084207.gif (2 MB, 297x229) Image search: [Google]
1457696084207.gif
2 MB, 297x229
>>69192538
Yes, I am sure as a son of an Illegal Immigrant, I am quite familiar in the art in sucking the corporate cock. As you a self-loathing white man may know as well.

Perhaps if you stop being such a fucking pussy, and appreciate the circumstances in your Privilege birth, and stop forcing others in your self-hatred, I might reconsider. But alas, I know you liberals too well to know that won't happen
>>
>>69187631

The problem is that it assumes that passing on wealth to your own children is inherently evil. It tries to make the point that everyone should start off poor because some people do. Equal opportunity =/= equal outcome.
The fact of the matter is that poor people are worse off. Boo fucking hoo. The thing is, when Paula becomes an adult, she'll be a bit richer than her parents, and she'll be able to pass off her fortunes to her children, and they to their children, until it gets to the point where one of her great-grandchildren will start off at a decent point, just like Richard. It's only fair.
>>
>>69187631
It's true.
People that talk about being self made are just wrong. They ignore the fact that things like the enviroment and many other variables are included.

This without going into the genetic aspect of things.

>inb4 being called jealous

Not really, I am quite successful to be honest I am just not full of myself.
>>
>>69193339
The whole point of the comic is that the rich kids are unaware of the opportunities they have in life and act as if they made it to the top by themselves. These people are pretending to be self made man despite being old money
>>
>>69193339
The point of the comic is that the rich kid doesn't understand that he didn't get to where he is by just his hard work. It invalidates conservative claims that "hard work is enough to succeed", it isn't. To believe that thats true for everyone is retarded
>>
File: american female soldiers.jpg (131 KB, 1200x811) Image search: [Google]
american female soldiers.jpg
131 KB, 1200x811
>being poor
>>
>>69193976
>The whole point of the comic is that the rich kids are unaware of the opportunities they have in life and act as if they made it to the top by themselves.

>implying this is a problem

I'll give my children wealth and a good home. What are you trying to say, that I'm an evil person for helping provide my children the best opportunity for them possible? As far as I'm concerned, they're allowed to take the credit because they're part of my family.
>>
>>69187631
I come from a similar upbringing. My dad died and my mom had to support me and my brother solo. Heres some difference between that comic and me. First perhaps I was lucky but 90% of my teachers or so were good teachers in that they seemed to care about their job. Second my mom made me not get a job because she wanted me to focus on my studies. I also made good use of being good at talking to people. But hey who the fuck am I I was only homeless for a point in my life and now im an aerospace engineer. What the hell do I know compared to this comic.
>>
>>69187631
Richard studies his ass off, whilst Paula watches tv.
Paula later bitches about bad grades.
Liberals still don't see this.
>>
>>69194296
No one is calling you evil, just telling you to be aware about real life and people's circumstances.

>getting credit for being born in a family instead of another

Nevermind you are fucking retarded.
>>
If there was no longer money in the world, would you find yourself contributing to society... or detracting from it for personal gain? What class would you find yourself in /pol/?
>>
The internet exists. There is literally no excuse for getting bad grades when you can learn everything from Khan Academy.
>>
>>69194450
>No one is calling you evil, just telling you to be aware about real life and people's circumstances.

What I'm aware of is my own business, not anyone else's.
You're the retard who wants to lower the standards to cater to the lowest common denominator. That is NOT how we raise the quality of life.
>>
we should remove taxes for rich people. and shift the tax burden on the lazy and the poor. because then the rich people can create jobs
>>
>>69187976
Pretty much.
>>
>>69187631
The fuck you go to a polytech college to cater later in life?
>>
>>69194652
Really though. I mean there are hundreds of university lectures on youtube alone. There is so much free information and learning tools that the poor could take advantage of.
I don't think i've ever seen a nigger in a library.
>>
>>69187631
>First panel has Paula in a house full of people and not much else
>Second panel has Paula on a sofa watching tv on a flat screen tv
>>
>>69187631
Apparently guilt tripping didn't work. Nice try though.
>>
>>69187631
She should have abandoned her Father and banged the guy at the job interview.
>>
>>69187976
The first post man, everytime.
>>
>>69187631
Is the guy bad for born in a good envoriment? His effort is worthless because other people jad to work harder?
Fuck off. He worked and deserve his shit. The fact that he had help of his fucking parents doesn't make him bad or lazy. Stop being a resentful fag.
>>
>>69187631
Frame 5 on the right column is why non-Asian lower class families fail. They sabotage themselves into staying poor with complacency and acceptance while the more model minorities like japs and chinks realize that their economic situation is shit and won't get any better by itself. They will strive to climb out of that hole by any means necessary, through saving and sacrifice for each subsequent generation to succeed a bit more than the last.
>>
File: 5b97b64ad.jpg (130 KB, 570x380) Image search: [Google]
5b97b64ad.jpg
130 KB, 570x380
>>69187631

> USA
> """"""poor"""""

lmao

also
> staying that way
>>
>>69194689
Stop accusing me of things I never said
>>
>>69194370
You sound illiterate
>>
>>69194794
I agree. Libtards will never admit that taxing the rich will only make them cut their losses by cutting the lowest of the low, minimum wagers, etc.
They never think anything through. Raise the minimum wage? Look at this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4j01L69eXdI
Gay marriage? Whatever happened to the separation of church ans state?
Free healthcare? How will they maintain it from becoming a poverty-stricken system as they get enough doctors without resorting to slavery (forced labor) or increasing the wealth gap (paying every doctor a million dollars with tax dollars)? Every argument from the left has an internal inconsistency and they refuse to see it because they ignore inconvenient truths that happen to make them feel sad. The result is they create a structure (like communism) that's inherently flawed.
>>
>>69195108
And the guy in the last frame on the left is perfectly entitled to say what he feels about handouts. Sure he had resources, but he still worked hard to utilize them to their full potential thanks to dedicated parents who even despite their wealth, still wouldn't let their son accept mediocrity. That's the drive to succeed. And it's not limited to any class, upper or lower. Rich people can and will fail if they don't have a drive to succeed and end up squandering their resources unchecked.
>>
Life isn't fair.

It generally takes THREE generations to move up social class. This is seen from American immigrants. Paula's parents were poor. If she works hard, marries a good man, DOESN'T THROW THAT MARRIAGE AWAY, her children may end up with more money than what she did.

And her grandchildren may be set up to be like Richard's parents. And her great grandchildren will be like Richard.

What leftists have done, is destroy that tenuous ladder of upward mobility. It isn't fair, after all. They have done all they can to destroy family, destroy marriage, destroy birthrate...

All to appease this illusion that any given person born poor can rise up and compete against a man who has had generations of fathers looking out for their sons, to make sure each new generation attains a higher status than themselves.

And even that would be possible, if as an early child, she had decided to study rather than watch fucking tv. And if she didn't blame the teachers for her own lack of understanding of the material.
>>
>>69194296
>What are you trying to say, that I'm an evil person for helping provide my children the best opportunity for them possible?
No retard, that your children shouldn't be smug faggot who think they earned their wealth and status
>>
>>69187976
Even if that is true, we should have compassion for people who are not as fortunate as to have parents who did what Richard's parents did.
>>
i dont understand the comment, is there something wrong with her life? she looks healthy, well fed, and happy. has a roof over her head, food in the refrigerator, and is employed, that's 10%-tier world wide
>>
>>69195513
Not illiterate but certainly grammatically incorrect.
>>
File: i hope not shitlord - FIFY.png (2 MB, 356x7200) Image search: [Google]
i hope not shitlord - FIFY.png
2 MB, 356x7200
>>69187631
>>69187976
First post is best post.
>>
>>69195756
>watches TV while Richard studies
>>
>>69188905
How sure are you that you're right? How much welfare research have you actually done?
>>
>>69195437

I'm accusing you of what you're implying. It doesn't take a genius to put two and two together.
What you're implying is that inheriting wealth is (a) somehow evil or (b) something to be ashamed of and that people should apologize to everyone else for being raised in a goo
>>
>>69187631
>oysters on a plate carried around by a waitress
>>
>>69187976
This. If Paula's kids are like her then her grandkids will be like Richard.
>>
>>69190811
Do you think that raising taxes would suddenly make everyone poor? Is that what you actually believe?
>>
>>69196052
Exactly where in my post did you get that from, strawman?
>>
>>69194046
>If I'm not successful it's someone elses fault! I have no control over my life!
Well Jerome, maybe if you stopped filling out welfare paperwork and start filling out job applications you'd be better off.
>>
File: 1457883840849.png (40 KB, 825x635) Image search: [Google]
1457883840849.png
40 KB, 825x635
>>69187631
>>
>>69192538
As someone who lived on the street I have pretty good idea what a real world is like, and it is always the entitled, lazy assholes who don`t have anything. People like you are fucking cancer.
Little whore Paula could at any moment in her life pick up a welding torch or learn any other trade and she could roll in cash.
>>
>>69195965
Except I never said that.

The point was about not being an asshole and showing off.

I know that I got lucky in being born in an already rich family and that I got more chances and opportunities than others.
Of course I am not going to apologize for my family's success and my own but I am not going to ignore the fact that life is complicated and less lucky people aren't scum/lazy/people that deserved it.
>>
>>69187631

maybe she shouldn't have majored in women's studies
>>
>>69192617
What if the cure for cancer is in the mind of someone who can't afford an educarion?
>>
>>69195437

you're a fucking coward then, because that's the only conclusion and now you don't even have the balls to stand by your opinion.
>>
The thing that bugs me about comics like OPs, is that you can actually empirically investigate these matters. You can investigate the impact of parenting, education, and socio economic status to see what impact that has on a person. The truth is not very much. Its just a dumb story thats more emotional than it is informed.

Its like they just keep asking over and over again 'WHAT IF ITS JUST BECAUSE THEY ARE RICH?', but never bothering to investigate the question earnestly. It kills me.
>>
>>69196385
I still don't get what she'd have studied in the polytech college that means catering is the highlight of her career.
>>
So...the boy had good parents who took an interest in his success...

And the girl had shitty parents.

Doesn't look at all like an economic matter or a class issue. Looks completely and utterly like good parenting versus shitty parenting.
>>
>>69195538
We have a perhaps different situation in Australia. As manufacturing is being highly outsourced in this nation to foreign bodies, we rely heavily on agriculture and mining to prop up our economy. However since our government saw fit to sell off the majority of our top farming land to China and other foreign investors, and the mining is privatized - all of our resources are being stripped from us with minimum job creation - with new laws allowing China to bring in employees for whatever wage they wish with no limit on numbers. Now tell me, after they are done stripping away our natural resources where does that leave us? Australia will quickly become worse off than a third world country. Cost of living is skyrocketing, wages remain stable but with high pressure to lower them, housing is unaffordable, and our rights are dissapearing one by one. It is a very bleak future ahead, and taxing the Rich is literally the only way of getting access to any benefits still locked in the ground. They give away over $80 Billion a year in tax breaks and subsidies - while taking that money from our health, education, and public funding.
>>
>>69196534
She double majored in Women's Studies.
>>
>>69187631
Well actually boy is at same social status as his parents, while girl got some step higher. And that steps were given to here by differen programs for poverty and stuff. So she actually GETS things on plate. Her children now have so much better chanse than she had.
>>
>>69196464
>drug companies don't have the cure for cancer and keep it shelved in order to protect profits guys.
>>
>>69196594
Kek.

Her own fault then.
>>
>>69193068
I think the idea is to highlight to the well off that they should take into consideration the circumstances that are out of their control that helped them achieve their success. That being the case, the rich aND "privelaged" may have to reanalyze the way the treat the less successful
>>
>>69187631
What is the point of it? How am I supposed to find something wrong if it doesn't make any claims?
>>
>>69195756
>we should have compassion

Why? seriously though, why? Why should I care she had shitty parents? Why should I take my resources and give them to her? Why should I even care about her at all? Does she care about me???????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????
>>
>>69187631

Nothing honestly. I am the boy on the left. My parents worked hard to ensure my life will be better then theirs, and I will do the same for my children.

Life isn't fair. Get over it.
>>
>>69187631
Both my parents died when I was 4 I was raised by my uncle who molested my older sister when she was 17 she left I was then mentally and physically abused for until he divorced his wife my aunt I was then raised by her years later she married a man who built himself from nothing. Point is he inspired me to become better than my parents better than my uncle.
>>
>>69196736
She cares enough to be jealous of you.
>>
>>69196464
That is not at all how pharmacology works.
>>
>>69193811
>It's only fair
Oh the irony
>>
>>69194296
No, it's simply trying to say that you should help and respect people who were not as fortunate as you. It's really just about having human compassion
>>
Anyone who denies class privilege is an idiot. Its the only form of privilege that's actually legitimate, when the word "privilege" actually meant something real and not some bullshit just for being white.

Also:

>Life's not fair

A very easy viewpoint to hold when you are the beneficiary of privilege your whole life.
>>
>>69195739

But they did. They didn't drop the baton at the relay race.

>>69195756

Yeah, we should. You shouldn't look down at someone for earning less money than you. Nor should you feel like less of a man next to someone who makes more.

When you do your best with what you're given, you have no reason to be ashamed.

>>69195799

But she isn't as wealthy as someone else, so it isn't fair.

Fairness is pretty bullshit after awhile.

You know guys, I'm not rich myself. But I am in a better situation than a lot of people I know. I still live at home, but contribute to rent and whatnot. I've got a degree, but I haven't found a good job with it yet. So I'm getting experience.

Because of my father, I have a roof over my head while I do this. I hope one day, that I will finally land myself a good job. My children will have help through college, help that my father could not give me.

They will have a wider selection of universities, of degrees at their disposal.

And their children will likely have greater.

And I owe it to my poor father.

Why should my children or grandchildren be penalized, or be mocked, for the efforts of my father to provide a roof for his flailing children? For me for wanting to provide for my children's education?

There is power in family. Patriarchy is a slur these days, but the effectiveness of a father working for his children is astonishing.
>>
>>69187631
Why should responsible people be accountable for the well being of shitty parents' children? This comic only validates the idea that procreation needs to be regulated by the government to prevent children from being born into shitty homes.
>>
The US collects over 12 grand per public school student and barely spends half on actual education, meanwhile private school costs less than 10 grand per student, and apparently has much better results.

The solution is clear, but for some reason Democrats can't see it.
>>
>>69194439
Cherry picking retard detected
>>
>>69196985
I can understand what you're saying, but in order for there to be human compassion to help the poor, there must be poor that need help. The poors existence is a requisite for your compassion. So why complain about there fact that poor exist?
>>
I get super pissed off when people say "Ah Dole bludgers, get a job". Idiots. We currently have over a million unemployed and only 80'000 new jobs a year and that number is decreasing. It is impossible for more than 10% of the unemployed to get work a year. This system is broken and lifetime welfare living is a permanent reality unless we change it.
>>
>>69196534
It's got nothing to do with what she studied.

It's either implied she dropped out to care for her dad or she couldn't find a job directly after school because she had to care for her dad
>>
>>69197109
You liberals are the worst for cherry picking, so don't start that shit with me buddy. The comic says her parents work two jobs, you tell me that's not cherry picking.
>>
>>69187631
WHO THE FUCK DRAWS BABIES LIKE THAT

honestly are all SJW pieces of shit just like this because they were scarred as children? only a fucking psychopath would draw a baby like that
>>
>>69197100
Public schools have to deal with niggers.
>>
>>69195538
>taxing the rich will only make them cut their losses by cutting the lowest of the low, minimum wagers, etc.
Thinking that rich people are loss minimizing
It's really hard to take conservative economics seriously.
>>
>>69196388

Then you and I agree on that much.

>>69196590
>and taxing the Rich is literally the only way of getting access to any benefits still locked in the ground.

I'm happy to tell you that you're wrong here. The underlying problem here is that all the labor is being outsourced. The native people basically have to compete with slavery (Chinese workers). What needs to be done is incentivizing job creation locally. The government should not have sold off the majority of farming land to China, that's the first thing that needs to be undone. Second, the laws allowing china to bring in employees should be repealed. Donald Trump is actually quite clever here, he wants to prevent exactly what's happening to Australia to the US, except with us it's outsourcing Mexico and Europe.
>>
>>69196992
Why over complicate the concept of having money? Money makes life easier, so what?
>>
>>69195736
I don't think the comic is saying that we should fundamentally change the way hard work and success move a family up over generations. I think it's simply saying to have compassion for people who are the first generation in this process
>>
>>69197485
Then pay for your kids education and let "public schools" be codeword for black daycare.
>>
>>69187631
And maybe Paula when she breaks through the river of shit gets to be successful and starts giving her kids the privilege she never had while the next generation of kids can look down on Paula's kid because Paula was a hard worker who toughed it out.

For all we know Richard's parents probably had it hard
>>
>>69193285
My fellow RBE follower. We're very few.
>>
>>69187631
Just one more comic with the racist old narrative of a white guy having his success made easy for him, and the brown girl that works hard and gets screwed out of her success.

In reality, hard working families produce hard working people. The opposite is also true.
>>
>>69197497
I don't think you get it, Australia is a prison colony still. Most don't understand that because we have T.V. We don't have a say in it - plus they took our guns so we can't even fight back.
>>
>>69197685
That wouldn't change anything. If you took every student at a public school and enrolled them in a private school the school will still turn to shit.
>>
>>69197490
>It's really hard to take conservative economics seriously.

Tel me, do you think the rich will just sit there and watch their money being taxed away? Or do you think they will bite the bullet and take their losses when a more favorable option (to cut their losses by homing in on removing the lowest denominators and hiring more favorable, experienced workers)?
What you're trying to tell me is that the rich don't care about their businesses. See? This is what I'm trying to say. The left are delusional.
>>
>>69197713
Exciting things are happening in Australia from this - out of necessity mind you. I have just taken on the role of head of state, currently putting together a gameplan.
>>
>>69187631

>paula has lots of people in her house

>that's why she sits alone watching TV and not studying with the help of all these other people in the house.

confused.png
>>
>>69196152
>lower the bat
>force everyone to grow up in Paula's situation
Maybe I'm missing something here. How would we do that?
>>
>>69197817
>implying the private school model isn't superior in every way.
>implying single dindu sheboons would pay to send their niglets to school instead of gettin dere weavs dun.
>>
File: guns.png (16 KB, 768x259) Image search: [Google]
guns.png
16 KB, 768x259
>>69197790

I take that back. What you need to do is get guns and arm the civilians. There is always a conflict of interest, and you cannot have a stable and secure government without guns. When the government has a monopoly, there really isn't anything preventing them from being tyrannical.
>>
>>69187631

Except my dad and his two brothers grew up in an extremely poor family and are now all very successful. Comic is mostly bullshit.
>>
>>69198006
communism?
>>
>>69196736
Because she is also a person who is, according to this comic, perhaps a lot more like you than you thought. And for that, you should have compassion
>>
>>69195826
Good edit anon
>>
>>69197929
I wish you the best of luck, sincerely.

The day when we make the transition over to it is the day that I can finally be happy. I'd contribute to my absolute fullest in its construction.
>>
>>69196833
I think you're missing the point that I'm implying
>>
>>69187631
The whole thing is nonsense, top to bottom. It's a sort of left wing fantasy world that simply does not exist in reality.
>>
>>69198146
This is what keeps me up at night. Recently they passed laws - just to give you an idea of whats happening down under - making ALL protest illegal. If somebody breaks into your home, you will be arrested if you defend yourself. If you are between the age of 18-25 - you must wait 6 months before gaining access to any financial support regardless of your situation. Half of funding to disability care has just been slashed. That happened over 4 weeks. It is ongoing. Every day is a little darker.
>>
>>69187976
It's okay to bitch if you do it the right way. Also you might create a dialogue that could potentially create actual change.

"Quit yer bitchin" is what tools say and it isn't too surprising to be /pol/'s response since this place is kind of for douchebags who think they're a lot more hardcore than they really are.
>>
>>69198319
Come over and assist us in building the first NSW Ubuntu community if you wish. Earthships, 99 year leased land, amazing place to live. Rain-forest and white beaches.
>>
>>69195826
I saved your's and not OP's. Nice edit
>>
>>69198340
My opinion doesn't matter, but I'll say it anyway:

Some doctor who spent 7 years in school to get to that point is more useless than some autistic person that knows front to back the entire compendium of diseases, ailments, causes, symptoms, what to look for under the microscope, etc.

Doctors can't even answer basic questions I ask them and even wonder how they got to that position. The truth is they don't give a shit, and that they just want their paychecks. That does not make a true doctor to me, but just another strain on society that can't use their own head to come up with solutions, and to find the natural interest in the subject to pursue it further beyond school.
>>
>>69197893
USA is the largest consumer market in the world. By far. If rich people just "cut their losses" because of taxes, other rich people will move in and fill the void. Raising taxes is just a catch all for you fucking economically illeterate retards who are so sure of yourselves yet refuse to do any actual research about it.
Oh, check out US corporate profits over the last two decades and compare that with income growth. You're not proving anything.
>>
>>69188228
It never claims or even implies that the comic is meant to reflect our society as a whole. It's based on a particular dilemma and it portrays the issue well.

You know, anon, there are better ways to convince yourself you're smart than to slander everything and everyone.
>>
>>69198573

Holy shit. Get out of there! If you're able-bodied, willing to work, against the political left, and actively protect the first and second amendments with voting, I'd welcome you to the US.
>>
>>69198710
>NSW Ubuntu
?
>>
>>69187976
>like Richard's parents did

How?
>>
>>69198590
And yet you continue to bitch. No dialogue has been started. Ergo, your bitching has no point and is unjustified.
>>
>>69198573
That's because commodity prices are in the toilet and your country makes all its money off of commodity exports. The government is tightening it's belt. When prices go back up, you turds will be good again
>>
>>69187631
>I challenge you to find one wrong thing with this comic.
None of these arguments mean shit since libraries have been around for hundreds of years(and for the last 200 alone free to the public). And we live in the age of the internet, anyone who complains about their schooling/job are just plain stupid or lazy.
Google is literally the greatest tool to ever exist and anyone being too stupid to know how to use it doesn't deserve what it has to offer
>>
>>69199072
>and yet you continue to bitch
But I said it's okay to bitch...

Are you dumb?
>>
>>69198952
You can come. Just make sure you agree with me about Muh guns.
How fucking unamerican
>>
File: laugh.jpg (55 KB, 991x902) Image search: [Google]
laugh.jpg
55 KB, 991x902
>ITT
People who believe in free will
>>
>>69198963
Are you saying social mobility doesn't exist?
>>
>mfw I make a shitpost and walk away from the computer and now there's like 200 replies.

>no face
>>
>>69187631
Reminder that educators are more likely to mark down boys than girls, even when handing in equal work.
>>
>>69198896
>USA is the largest consumer market in the world. By far.

Because we are a superpower and the world police as well as the innovators. Which country landed a man on the moon? Which country made electricity a common household appliance? Which country harnessed the power of the sun (nuclear fusion) and made the atomic bomb? There is a reason why USA is the largest consumer market in the world, and that reason is valid, even if you don't like it.

> If rich people just "cut their losses" because of taxes, other rich people will move in and fill the void.

And here is your internal inconsistency. Do you understand what cutting losses actually means? Taxing the rich will make it worse for EVERYBODY, not just the top business owners. Everyone will have to cut their losses, Walmart and family businesses alike. Because you have to get the money to pay your workers, and when you raise taxes, something will have to give. That is, either outsource overseas, or hire more experienced workers instead of less-experienced ones. Have you even seen the video I posted earlier? Your arrogance caused by your Robin-hood mentality is unparalleled.

>check out US corporate profits over the last two decades and compare that with income growth
What you don't understand is that taxing them won't change anything. They will maintain their lifestyle at OUR expense, you dimwit. Don't put 'cutting their losses' in quotes like that. It actually has meaning here.
>>
if she worked harder she could live a better life, also why did she not get a man?
>>
>>69198740
>your's
>>
>>69199346

What is unamerican about allowing a patriot who will work and fight to preserve our freedoms on our soil? This isn't fucking sweden. If he will work and fight, there's nothing wrong.
>>
>>69187631
Its too long for starters
>>
>that fucking ending

Paula is being PAID to hand those out. She's not doing Richard any favors beyond her doing her goddamned job! You cannot fucking compare that to government handouts.
>>
>>69196464
What if it's in the head of some 'privileged' kid who gets bullied into thinking he doesn't deserve what he has and doesn't end up getting anywhere in life over it?

See? I can make up bullshit 'what if's too.
>>
>>69187631
Even if you have a single parent, have no help for college, etc, and you apply yourself, you are going to end up a lot better off than some server. If you can't climb higher than that, you aren't trying. Also, you can have completely indulgent parents and if you don't do the right things, you won't make much of yourself either. Also, it's a false dichotomy because there are a range of upbringing all along the spectrum.
>>
File: 1453350631096.gif (2 MB, 297x391) Image search: [Google]
1453350631096.gif
2 MB, 297x391
>>69195826
Basically this

Liberals just cant get this through their thick skulls
>>
>>69198832
not sure what this has to do with medicine, but fine.

I would say that you're dealing with canadian doctors. Of course they don't care. Canadian medicine is communist. Nobody cares under a communist system. The damn nuclear power plant operators at Chernobyl ought to have taught us all this by now. If you want your doctors to care, you need to pay them what they're worth. That necessarily means there will be people that can't afford them. Tough. The individual doctors can do charity work when it suits them. The rest of the time, the rest of you will get adequate care.
>>
>>69195826
Someone find the page the comic was posted on and post this in the comments
>>
>>69195826
Someone needs to read the myth of meritocracy
>>
>>69201160
The rise of meritocracy
>>
>>69195826
>>69198280
>>69198740
>>69200609
>>69201086
>>69201160

Different anon gets credit for edit. They did it gud.
>>
>>69187631
One of the hardest things for me was trying to juggle school, work and taking care of my grandparents. The latter was particularly brutal for me the last couple years (with my grandmother). Taking care of people is really really hard, especially when they become senile and physically incapable of doing anything for themselves.
>>
>>69187631
That agrees with everything /pol/ has to say, it shows how jews operate and completely gets rid of any racial implications based strictly on skin color and doesn't even factor the gender difference into the set of problems.
>>
File: 1459130260736.jpg (543 KB, 1100x700) Image search: [Google]
1459130260736.jpg
543 KB, 1100x700
>>69196209
>9196209▶
>File: 1457883840849.png (40 KB, 825x635)
This basically sums up every person who was born into a blue pill family that never was cognitively smart enough to enjoy a good red pill. I know the blue/red pill has been a buzz word these last couple of days on this site but that picture really does sum up everything zionist media has ever shucked on civilization for the last four hundred years. I am a doctor not that it matters but I'm not just speaking from some basement eating a new taco bell dish and some doritoes. That picture is some real shit and reminds me of 95% of the population living in a brainwashed world. I fucking cringe but it is so true.
>>
>>69188432
You aren't avoiding poverty, you are adapting to your poverty. If you had said starving instead, you would be right.
>>
>>69189001
>non-white
That shit only works for black and native american people, its even harder for asian people to get into college than white people.
>>
>>69187631
The guessing that the point of the comic is that everyone is a product of their environment and that you can't really be responsible for your successes or be blamed for your failures.
>>
File: 1457312282703.jpg (42 KB, 400x381) Image search: [Google]
1457312282703.jpg
42 KB, 400x381
Then wtf are we supposed to do? Tell paula not to work and give her handouts?
>>
>>69187631
Why does Paula think she needs to live up to Richard's standard of living? The entire reason people become depressed and upset is when they compare themselves to others. There's a reason why you can't find depression in parts of the world where people are too busy trying to survive as a group.
>>
>>69199437
John Calvin freely chose to burn people at the stake.
Thread replies: 174
Thread images: 14

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.