[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What style of martial arts & technique
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 142
Thread images: 13
File: the_fighting_jew.png (6 KB, 234x215) Image search: [Google]
the_fighting_jew.png
6 KB, 234x215
is best, and why is this? Does the culture play a role? Does history and politics play a role?
Krav Maga was started by a local leader of jewish boxers and developed into what is was today. Brothers of Odin could be another could example.
>>
>>69173552

Practical full-contact martial arts are almost all the same, because they are all based on kung-fu/Ju-jitsu etc.

If you want skills without philosophy then krav maga is for you.

If you want to also master the mind and learn about yourself, then Wing Chun/Ving Tsun.

If you want to wear sick outfits and do old-fashioned training excercises go Japanese.

Stay away from:

>karate
>judo
>hapkido
>taekonedo
>kickboxing
>muai thai
>aikido

Usually the rule of thumb = the chinese historically had no weapons, so they developed more practical approaches compared to the warrior caste of japanese samurai with swords.

Krav maga took most techniques and moves from older martial arts.

Now fuck off.
>>
>>69173552
>krav maga

Literally just kicking people in the balls.
>>
Israeli combat system: lobby usa for money.lobby usa to start destabilization campaigns in middle eastern countries.lobby usa for more money.
>>
>>69174289
OP

Do this exactly opposite

but not aikido

and not hapkido really.

better take karate out too just in case

and you good
>>
>>69173552
Why should I take classes to learn how to kick people in the balls and put my thumbs in their eyes ?

I'd take boxing any day if I need to settle a disagreement with no heavy injuries. Krav Maga looks like something made for when your life is in danger. And if I was in danger, I wouldn't just kick my attacker in the balls, thank you very much.
>>
>>69174495
lol are you for real?
>>
>>69174289
If CMA are so good where are all the Wushu or Wing Chun MMA fighters?
>>
Hokutu Shin Ken
>>
>>69175002
Pretty much.
>>
>>69174289
What's wrong with Muay Thai you cuck. It's probably one of the most practical and simple stand up fighting techniques not to mention the full contact sparring.
>>
>>69174495
>>69175002
Of course he is. That's what you do when you wanna take someone out the most effectively and that's what KM is about.
>>
>>69174289

>go with "slapping hands" martial arts
>stay away from kickboxing
>stay away from muay thai

Just stop, Friedrich.

99% of streetfights are going to end before they have even started with a single low-kick. Once people are practically on one leg they tend to lose their appetite for a streetfight VERY quickly. And if that doesn't happen, 100% of street fights will at some point end up in a clinch. where a knee to the guts or the ribcage will sure as fuck do the trick.
>>
>>69175157

I do Wing Chun mate. I tried out a CMA class once and it was ok.

>>69175359

Ive sparred with kickboxers. There is literally nothing easier than blocking kicks, if you know how.

I did however forgot to mention THE martial art.

Boxing is probably the best martial art, if you are talented and super fit.

Id rather fight 2 kickboxing world champions, than a boxing amateur fighter.
>>
>>69175521

Which is why you practise against lowkicks, grapplers etc.

I dont do krav maga, I do wing chun.
>>
>>69175359
The one pretty huge weakness with KM is you can't train realistically the techniques that aren't meant to hurt or subdue but outright kill your opponent. Sparring also has the benefit of teaching how to perform while taking hits.
>>
>>69175591
Modern Muay Thai is largely based on western boxing (the punching component in most gyms is western boxing) and it has some of the most devastating kicks and knees in martial arts.
>>
>>69173552

Hide in attics while white people die in the streets for you.
>>
>>69173552
Marksmanship
>>
>>69174289
>stay away from judo kickboxing and muay thai

Retard detected.
>>
>>69175964

Which are easily blocked/deflected.

>>69176118

>he bought into the ong-bak meme
>>
Krav Maga is not a real martial art per se. I'd call it a fighting self defense system.

I'd go with jiu jitsu and muay thai as both the most effective -popular - modern martial arts.

Every self respecting male should get into martial arts/mma.
>>
>>69176028
Cuck detected. How are going to glass a Lebbo at the R.S.L on a Friday night when you can't even punch on with coons.
>>
>>69176396
Easily blocked and deflected ay, then why is modern MMA ruled by Muay Thai/BJJ fighters?
>>
>>69176477
Can some translate? I don't speak abo.
>>
>>69174289
>Stay away from:
>>karate
>>judo
>>hapkido
>>taekonedo
>>kickboxing
>>muai thai
>>aikido

Stay away from Judo and Muay Thai. Fuck, you must be an idiot.
>>
>>69176741
How are you going to competently smash a schooner glass into a Lebanese gentlemens face at a local Hotel or Club when you cannot engage competently in fist fights with the local indigenous population? That better.
>>
File: Georges_St-Pierre.jpg (12 KB, 358x204) Image search: [Google]
Georges_St-Pierre.jpg
12 KB, 358x204
>>69174289
>stay away from karate

lel, no. Stay away from McDojo's.
>>
Krav maga teaches you how to fight in the street with little experience.
It's okay for learning self defense if you have no interest in martial arts or training.
But it teaches no techniques or blows that any self-respecting martial art wouldn't be able to easily deal with. Krav maga as a fighting system cannot stand up to someone who has invested time and effort into a more rigorous system of fighting.
>>
>>69176396
Wait, are you that faggot who used to post on /asp/ about the virtues of Wing Chun as a competitive martial art, then chickened out and fled the board when a kickboxer challenged you to a fight?
So you thought /pol/ would be prime grounds for your shitposting, eh?
>>
In streetfight I would go with this:
Hands - boxing

Kicks - kickboxing/muai thai - no higher than waist line (knees from muai thai but not too much, no time). Leg kicks are devastating actually.

Locks/throws when 1vs1 - sambo (no locks/throws in 1 vs many). Goal is to break his arm.

your best friend is not scary martial art names, but knowing your distance. know the distance in which you can do maximum damage, don't let yourself too close
>>
>>69173552
Muay Thai is god tier standup
Judo is good grappling and countering
Jui jitsu and greco roman are god tier ground game
>>
>>69173552
VAJ. All day, every day.

Vee Arnis Jitsu is awesome.
>>
File: 1421445712187.jpg (282 KB, 369x521) Image search: [Google]
1421445712187.jpg
282 KB, 369x521
>>69176396
>deflecting strikes
>>
>>69179875
Muay Thai is a meme. Thai fighters could never take western boxers head on in a street fight. Leg kicks are ineffective in bareknuckle; zero point.
>>
>>69180484
You're a meme. As another anon pointed out, mma is dominated by must Thai and bjj.
In a street fight its hard for me to imagine your average boxer winning against a muay Thai fighter. There's just too much versatility and tools in the muay Thai fighters arsenal that boxers never train to consider
>>
>>69173552
Nope.
>>
File: 1458637559411.gif (897 KB, 800x430) Image search: [Google]
1458637559411.gif
897 KB, 800x430
>>69180484
>leg kicks are ineffective
>>
>>69180921
MMA is a skill pool of untalented fighters. WWE stars frequently become top-tier competitors and there is a meme-of-the-month fighter every 5 minutes.

Versatility is not necessary when you clip someone with a right hook. Bone on bone = KO no matter what. The reason you see elbows used in Thai boxing is because they cut more easily than padded gloves. Again, zero point in a street fight.
>>
>>69173552
>martial arts
Fist fighting is not martial arts. Martial arts would involve the use of modern arms.
>>
>>69181133
Maybe after 10 minutes, but non-competitive fights are usually over quite quickly. That's sort of what happens when you slug someone with your bare knuckles.
>>
>>69175591
...OH GOD POMF

TELL ME WHERE TOSH IN POMF

WHERE IS SAMBO AND SEIDO
>>
>>69173552

what is best to train for a 5'5 guy?
>>
>>69181519
Just take up boxing and some form of jiu-jitsu or wrestling. You can box at your local Y, that's what I do. Cheap and you fight a lot of skilled people so you're always improving, unlike some McDojos that are expensive and have you fight 15 year olds with acne.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3-kT2qE9d7Y

Use your fuckin keys son innit
>>
>>69175229
>hobo wants to mug me
>ATATATATATATATATATA
>am already dead due to stabbings
>>
>>69181245
>>69181245
Brock lesnar had a good stint but it was largely due to how fuck huge he was. He was also a decent grappler. But he too got beat.
Mma is anything but unskilled fighters. That's stupid man. You sound like you have a chip on your shoulder and are contrarian because mma is popular now.

Also you should realize muay Thai trains you to punch as well as deal with punches also. I'm sure your average boxer throws a harder punch but this is just silly to assume all fights between the two are going to end with a boxer getting their haymaker.
>>
Lol, theres literally nothing wrong with judo and karate
>>
>>69181384
No a leg can deliver much larger forces than a punch. Most boxers don't train to take leg kicks. You sound very smug but I'd love to see you take 1 single leg kick from a muay Thai fighter and try to walk it off, "tis but a scratch"
>>
>>69173552
I heard jew-jutsu has an attack that focuses on tearing the opponents foreskin, is there any truth to that?
>>
>>69182457

THE ULTIMATE MARTIAL ART:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mMByDfFMPcE
>>
>>69181967
I like MMA too but it's still a young sport. WBC alone has hundreds more fighters than the UFC, and that's just the most popular boxing league. Boxing has had a very long history, training gyms exist basically all across the world. I'll give it some time, but I want you to take note of this: the best UFC fighters are the ones with the strongest boxing backgrounds. Think Anderson Silva and the Diaz brothers. More recently Conor McGregor, Johny Hendricks and Jon Jones. Boxing is basically all it takes to win. All that flashy spinning taekwondo crap will be weeded out eventually, even though some fighters are still throwing silly spinning-backfists.

>>69182270
Harder force that is unnecessary to knock someone out. What's the difference between 1000 pounds and 2000 pounds when you're getting knuckled in the chin? Nothing. Besides the punch being, well, you know, faster. And I'm sure a boxer could learn how to check a leg-kick, they have the fastest reaction time of anyone in combat sports.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a9UZBg1pMS4

UK vs. USA 21:30, not a bad documentary if you watch it all though.
>>
Savateur here. Gookflip martial arts and hueland cuddling a shit.
>>
>>69180484
One of our Thai boxers got attacked by a bum on the street and kicked him once in the leg. The guy left him alone after that.

Too be perfectly honest, you clearly don't know anything about the sport. Low kicks don't really play that large of a role in Muay Thai, especially at high level. It's really all about body kicks DESU as they are the most highly scored and not as easily checked (by high level competitors, not schlubs like you).

>>69181245
Good god our you stupid. Certain styles of elbows are used for cutting. Elbows are used at close range in the clinch because they are far more effective at that range than punches.

Also, elbow will fuck you up. Anyone who has been around MT for a long time will know that. fuck, I remember seeing two of our women fighter sparring with elbows pads on. They had to stop from one of them getting fucked up due to an elbow WITH ELBOW PADS on when they weren't even trying to elbow very hard. One of my coaches had several bones in his face broken when he fought a champion in Thailand. Our head coach also loves to tell the story of when he was given a seminar to some guys in the FBI. He warned them not to actually elbow each other. One of them let one slide and knocked most of the guys teeth out, while drilling.
>>
Watch the action in the octagon.

What do they use?
>>
File: mqrtial arts.jpg (41 KB, 306x459) Image search: [Google]
mqrtial arts.jpg
41 KB, 306x459
>>69173552
you sound like a 15 y.o.

"What kind of martial arts is the best, does politics play a role?" What kind of fucking question is this?

The best for what?

One on one sport fighting? With which set of rules? MMA?

"Streetfighting"? It ranges from being picked on by a drunk bum to being jumped by a group of people with weapons determined to waste you, in which case only a gun would save you, or maybe even that will not be enough.

Just do MMA in a good section if you are into sports. The whole "My style is better than your style" is a useless discussion, anything that works for you and gets you to win fights is good, whether it BJJ, Judo, thai boxing or wrestling (usually you end up with a mix with your spin on it after a few years of intense training)

For "street" self defence enroll in a professional course ran by former Law Enforcement or security personnel. They'll teach you whatever they were taught, again usually a mix of tings adjusted to their own expirience at doing the job.
You will also propably want to buy some tools like a pepper spray, a baton or even a gun if you are really serious about self-defence and not just want to LARP Bruce Lee movies, people usually fight with weapons not hands and legs when shit gets serious.
>>
File: 6340609734087250003vm3foti.jpg (37 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
6340609734087250003vm3foti.jpg
37 KB, 640x480
>>69173552
I'm not trying to be contrarian, but about a box's worth of range time every other week. Hand to hand martial arts are for peasants who weren't allowed to own weapons. You can carry to modern equivalent of a sword with you at all times.
>>
>>69183356
>Also, elbow will fuck you up.
This, basically. I wouldn't be surprised if a perfect elbow to the temple was lethal.
>>
>>69182877
>boxing is basically all it takes to win

The thing about a leg kick is you don't need to knock your opponent out if they can't fight back. Also checking a leg kick still requires you to take the force, your trying minimize how much and where. I don't think you realize how your leg muscles will spaz out if you haven't trained them to take that kind of force.

There's also the teep which is pretty fast and can be used to hit someone's chin as has been the case in many mma fights. It can be used to knock the wind out of someone or keep them out of punching distance.

Besides, muay Thai isn't only kicks, they also train in punching and grappling. They have many of the tools of a boxer and then some
>>
>>69181967
Brock was a champion wrestler and had some of the best MMA coaches in the business, one of whom specialized in turning wrestlers into fighters.

>>69182877
Anderson's Silva's main background is in Muay Thai. Obviously you don't know too much about the sport, because anyone who know's Silva knows that. He spent the first half of his career as a VERY traditionally styled Thai fighter.

Most of those other fighters aren't really boxers either. I think you are confusing punching with boxing.

You are clearly still in highschool.

>>69183309
Where do you do Savate at? It's pretty fun. Our coach knows a little. It's nice when he throws some in.
>>
>>69183356
Very nice story, I'm sure a boxer would have been completely defenseless against that fucking bum off the street. What the fuck are you even trying to say?

Low kicks don't play a large role? Motherfucker, have you ever heard of Buakaw Bamchek? All he does us spam low-kicks lmao

You're talking about competition, I'm talking about real fighting. Elbow does not have as much torque as a punch simply because there is less range of motion. Our knuckles are literally evolved for punching, it's how humans are meant to fight. Sorry I triggered you with facts.
>>
>>69183904
Saw "muh leg kick" and stopped reading.

>>69184004
No, his main background is really boxing. That's why he broke his leg trying to leg kick (which is still dumb in a real fight btw)

Silva used to be a traditional boxer.
>>
>>69184004

I grew up in the UK and practiced technical Savate at a gym back home. Does your coach throw in technical or competition style Savate? There's a big difference, but I feel like most MMA coaches probably know technical because it's a lot more cutthroat and resembles Muay Thai a lot more. It is incredibly fun then. And especially useful for street situations, even more especially when you're taught Le Canne.
>>
>>69183663
Not in Europe.
>>
>>69184196
Silva has 2 fights in professional boxing. He lost 1. He grew up learning jui jitsu then studied muay Thai as a teen.
>>
>>69174289

This guy is a retard.

Things that work IRL:

>BJJ
>Judo
>Wrestling
>Sambo
>Boxing
>Kickboxing/MT
>Karate (kyokushin)

Everything else is just some faggy mystical dance shit.
>>
>>69175591
This trolling is high class. I like you.
>>
>>69173552
Krav Maga is like a gnostic martial art, it took the best from Judo, Sistema, Boxing etc, and I believe it is constantly evolving, it is not restrained and can adapt as things like MMA grow.
>>
>>69184567
He lost half his fights because boxing has a larger skill pool than MMA and better fighters.

As for Silva, he's still mainly a boxer. Having background in martial arts is irrelevant, it's all about his style, which is dynamic punching and head movement. Commonly referred to as boxing. Silva said his biggest inspiration as a fighter is Muhammad Ali.
>>
>>69183499
This exactly. Too many people worry about which style is best.

Just get out there, have fun, and punch people
>>
>>69184008
That story illustrate how a low kick works in a real fight. Real fights don't happen in a ring. A sport happens in a ring. Which apparantly you said yourself.

You've clearly never punched anything. It is very easy to hurt your hand when punching. That's why people wear gloves....and wraps.

The force delivered by a blow doesn't simply have to do with torque. Again, if you've trained, you'd understand elbows. But you haven't. If had taken a physics class, maybe too you would understand, but you haven't. Force needs to be transferred. What kind of surface do you think transfers more force? A softer one, or a harder one. Do you think that your fist is as hard as your elbow? What about surface area?

>>69184196
Silva has been doing MT since he was 16. That's his main background. Everyone fucking knows that. He even put out several MT DVDs. And again, his fighting style. Do a simple fucking google search you tard.
>>
>>69182258
Judo yes.

But 99% of karate dojos are mcdojos and it's just easier to avoid it altogether than to search for ages to find one that isn't utter shit.
>>
>>69173552
jiu jitsu.
>>
>>69184564
Fair enough, but you're still better off learning to improvise with common objects, or just fucking rocks. Fighting is retarded, and dangerous, and it's why I've been generally against martial arts as a hobby since I was older than middle school. There is literally no good reason for grown adults to fight, and if it does happen, it's basically a tacit acceptance of possibly having to murder the other person, because that's where violence leads. There's not such thing as a "just getting it out of your system", or silly joke fighting, not when you're older than 12.

It doesn't take constant practice to know how to throw a punch, but if you're not doing strength training, the most advanced Bruce Lee moves aren't going to help you.

tl;dr Fighting is stupid. Do starting strength and look for heavy objects to hit people with.
>>
>>69185253
Probably because Muhammad Ali was a huge figure in fighting and black. Have you ever watched a Silva fight? His style definitely does boil down to boxing but you seem bias to only focus on those aspects of his style.
>>
>>69183309
>le surrender kickboxing

nice meme :^)
>>
>>69184543
No, it's not for Savate competition. He throws it in in his self-defense classes and MMA classes. Sometimes even the Muay Thai classes but most people don't notice.

>>69185253
You've clearly only seen a few of his fights. He spent most of his career as very orthodox MT fighter.

With your attitude we might as well just call him a Kali fighter after his last fight. kek.
>>
>>69185614
kek at "real fight." You think beating on drunken hobos is "real fighting" lmao

That is why fighters condition their bones, you fucking imbecile. Ever tried to kick a banana tree? Of course you have, you filthy weeb. It fucking hurts, doesn't it? You build up your bone density through cortical remodeling.

We have been through this. Less torque, less speed and force. Very slow and short-range attack anyway, I've never seen anyone try to attack someone with their elbows lmfao
>>
im not about to read this retarded thread but hand to hand self defense is retarded. just ccw or get a knife or something better yet dont live around dangerous pieces of shit

martial arts (real ones not like karate or tkd or dumb garbage like that) will help you settle dumb chest puffing disputes but as far as serious self defense goes its not worth the investment over a 10 dollar knife

if you want to learn how to be tough at a bar just take up boxing and one punch drunk people grats
>>
Brazilian jiu jitsu and muay thai are pleb-tier but for good reason. Easily the most well rounded striking and grappling arts and very effective alone. Wrestling and boxing are important for developing a strong base in mma and have shown to be very effective together also. I do all 4 and a bit of judo
>>
>>69185852
Doesn't boil down*
>>
>>69186002
Silva is actually very unorthodox. If there is one thing tying his fighting style together, it is boxing.

Reminder that he broke his leg with a stupid Muay Thai kick.
>>
File: Nigga.png (83 KB, 200x200) Image search: [Google]
Nigga.png
83 KB, 200x200
>>69174289
Nigga Judo and wrestling would be the easiest to use an actual fight. You grab the nigga slam him to the ground then ground pound.
>>
>>69186146
Your elbow concentrates the torque to a significantly smaller area. Elbows are no fucking joke. They are more useful in a clinch. Try throwing punches with significant force in a clinch. That's one of the benefits of getting your opponent there.
>>
File: 8-24+banana+trees[1][1].jpg (56 KB, 400x300) Image search: [Google]
8-24+banana+trees[1][1].jpg
56 KB, 400x300
>>69186146
Banana trees are actually quite soft. And kick them certainly doesn't harden your bones. Bones can only be strengthened through axial loading.

I've also never heard of one of the several dozen people I know who trained in Thailand mention anyone actually doing that there.

If anything, I would guess the reason for kicking Banana trees is that some people are too poor to afford many bags.

>I've never seen anyone try to attack someone with their elbows lmfao

Ah yes, so you've never watched sport fighting or any sort of martial arts. Why are you even talking?
>>
If you have to pick one martial art and only one, the answer is boxing or kickboxing (the 'boxing' part).

I don't know why you faggots are talking about kicks; you know how many times I've seen a self-defence situation end because someone got kicked in the head from standing? Fucking zero. On the other hand, I HAVE seen a multitude of guys knocked out by a punch. Self-defence is about practicality; fights don't take place in parking lots like it's fucking Street Fighter - they take place when some asshole swings at you in a crowded bar or tries to jump you from behind etc. The idea is you expend as little effort and time as possible putting an assailant down and then you get the fuck out of there. You run.

Learn how to punch and defend yourself from punches - it's literally 99% of the situations you'll find yourself in if you're attacked. And that's after you work on increasing your running speed.
>>
>>69186641
[citation needed]

Try elbowing in clinch with significant force. Not effective either. Grappling is much more effective at such a range, so go learn wrestling or something. However a memester would probably prefer Brajillion Jew-Jitsu because "MUH MMA STARS"

>>69186839
>banana trees are actually quite soft
Record a video of you kicking one as hard as you can, moron. I'd love to see you break your weak shin-bones.
>>
>>69186405
He spent THE FIRST HALF of his career as a very orthodox thai fighter

THE FIRST HALF

HALF OF HIS CAREER

WATCH HIS FIGHTS

LEARN TO READ WORDS
>>
>>69186405
Yes he broke his leg. Welcome to fighting. He also won many fights kicking his opponent, kneeing his opponent, submitting his opponent, and yes he even knocked someone out with an elbow. They teach you how to punch and dodge in muay Thai. Boxing doesn't own that. I'm not trying to shit on boxing, its a great complement with other styles and definitely gives you great punch technique but to say stupid shit like muay Thai is a meme is full on denial
>>
>>69174289
Lmfao what a fucking retard. Confirmed for never having done martial arts before, and confirmed for never having even browsed /asp/ before.

Top cuck.
>>
>>69186839
I don't have a banana tree.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RIIgge9-i24

Look at how much give it has.
>>
File: IMG_20140719_101733.jpg (97 KB, 476x612) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20140719_101733.jpg
97 KB, 476x612
>>
>>69187289
That poor tree all I did was provided food for his family and that is how he treats it?
>>
>>69187076
Yes it is because in a clinch, you only have room to elbow or knee. That's one of the strategies to counter taking punches, you actually close the distance so your opponent has no room to throw a punch or kick. I'll have to ask you for citations for every ignorant claim you've made so far.
>>
Martial arts is bullshit. Get yourself a weapon.
>>
>>69181518
lmao Pomf

him and pro wrestling is why i avoid /asp/ these days
>>
File: C 1993-04 Cov.jpg (92 KB, 630x815) Image search: [Google]
C 1993-04 Cov.jpg
92 KB, 630x815
>>69187093
>first half
We're not talking about that, are we, little boy?

>>69187179
>he broke his leg
Point proven. So what he managed to KO some low-talent fools, that's just gutter fighting anyway.

>>69187289
Pic related is what happens when you build bone density through repeated bone fracturing, a process called cortical remodeling. No need for kicks if you can hit someone with these.

>>69187474
>Yes it is because in a clinch, you only have room to elbow or knee.
LOL HAVE YOU NEVER SEEN BOXING YOU IDIOT? HAVE YOU NEVER HEARD OF INFIGHTERS LIKE ROBERTO DURAN? gtfo!
>>
>>69187076
BTW a clinch is grappling moron.
>>
Take
Mma
Judo
Bjj
Boxing
Muay thai

Avoid karate and aikido
>>
>>69187076
Brazillion jiu jitsu is very expensive to take judo is cheaper
>>
>>69185737
Judo is great so is russian sambo and combat sambo
>>
>>69174289
keep fucking your daughter fritzl you absolute retard
>>
>>69186405

The average agressive thug wont be able to block a muay thai kick to the legs
>>
>>69187636
You realize his shin was btfo by another fighters shin in what is a muay Thai technique?

You sound ass mad and now you're grasping straws for eccentric boxers as a counter argument. Because yes its more common and efficient to develop a contrived style of "infighting" instead of kneeing and elbowing which does work already but hey you know you said elbows and kicks don't work so use you logic and look up every niche fight where they do....oh wait those arent niche scenarios, they are common.
>>
>>69188089
Then maybe like in the case of Weidman they will get lucky and accidentally move their leg a few inches and break the kicking sissy's tibia. Or as this retard >>69188160 refers to it, a Muay Thai technique. lol
>>
>>69173552

does krav maga teach secrets and pylosophy of jewing people for shekels?
>>
>>69180484
kek

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=xBG9PeImA10
>>
>>69187002
Most people don't have the hip flexibility to kick at head height, nor do most people wear stretchy shorts around outside of playing a sport. But to say that kicks won't work in a streetfight is still stupid.
>>
>>69173552
Systema is the best style of martial arts
>>
>>69175709
>>69175591
>>69174289
>>69176396
Well shit, it looks like our Australian poster who does the _ing _un ran off. Damn.

Here's the real deal of any martial art: it better teach you how to get fucking punched.

Most _ing _un is complete bullshit about this. I work at a school in downtown Detroit. You know we are getting our asses beat in class because we have people getting jumped.
>>
I do capoeira, and spa with Karate, Muay Thai and boxers all the time.
I win 9 out of 10 fights because my style can't be read in so unorthodox.
I also am a bouncer at nightclubs and no one was ever beaten me in a fight there. I am also to quick and powerful for drunken troublemakers.
It is the best martial art by far all Asian martial arts even had to steal capoeira moves!
>>
>>69188390
kick them in the balls and steal their wallet
>>
>>69188390
It does
They gurantee you can disarm knives
All students get jewed out their money the first day?
>>
>>69188275
Its not retarded. You didn't know they teach countering in muay Thai? Do you think they just have you stand in front of punching bags throwing round houses all day?
Meanwhile I've never heard of boxing teaching these techniques. They don't even consider them because kicking is a meme
>>
the only "martial arts" I've even seen come in handy in a real life street fight is boxing since it trains you to punch real hard, any time I've seen some faggot try to use a chinky, spic or jew martial art they just get pulled to the ground by someone larger than them or gang banged by 4 niggers at once who dont play by ring rules
>>
File: getinthatbanana.jpg (213 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
getinthatbanana.jpg
213 KB, 800x600
> be huemonkey
> develop a fighting style based on climbing trees for food

bjj: most effective martial arts
>>
>>69182877
All you have to do to beat Nate Diaz is kick him in the leg. Have you seen his fights?

If McGregor had more thai fighting experience, he would have wrecked him.

It would be different, but Nate Diaz is too fucking retarded to learn to switch his stance. God I hate him.

>>69187636
You are an excellent troll. At first I thought you were just retarded.

>>69188390
That's it's entire business model.
>>
File: greb.jpg (13 KB, 185x184) Image search: [Google]
greb.jpg
13 KB, 185x184
Holy shit,
>KRAV MAGA
>MAGA
Krav Make America Great Again

Jews confirmed for bros.
>>
>>69175591
That was good bait.

Muay Thai and BJJ master race reporting.

Krav Maga is just as watered down as Karate is now in the west,
>>
>>69188275
If your kicking a heavy bag for a year straight your shins will be conditioned enough to go through the average person
>>
>>69173552
>Why is a martial arts style that has been developed in the modern age where we know almost everything there is to know about the human body(except for the brain) as well as being created with input from surgeons and doctors the second most effect fighting style in the world?
ftfy faggot
Budo is the best martial art in the world, if you haven't heard of it look it up.
And just so you cunts know Krav Maga is not a "jewish martial art invented by the Israelis". It was created by a Czech jew and after a few of his students went and learned different fighting styles they came back to him and worked to incorporate them into what he already had made up plus doctors and whatnot were consulted for better sue of techniques and whatnot. It's basically JKD but made from a boxer/gymnastics/wrestling(ie:western fighting) background instead of martial arts that adopts western fighting techniques
Bunch of pompous cunts
>>
>>69188884
Most people who like real fighting start muay thai or bjj first then add in some boxing and judo
>>
>>69188453
>ineffective in bareknuckle
>posts cherrypicked gloved boxing bout with two nobodies

>>69188730
Muay Thai teaches countering but not as well as western boxing. Dodging a hundred punches coming straight for your head is much more useful in a street fight than checking useless leg kicks or dodging huge, telegraphed roundhouses that only a Thai amateur would get caught by. You're the type of nigga who thinks Bruce Lee was a good fighter. lmao

>>69188788
And Nate Diaz is a shitty boxer who is only popular because of MMA's shallow skill pool. What's your point, besides the fact that you're illiterate?

>>69188888
The only thing Silva went through was a few hours in the intensive care unit. Nice quints.
>>
>>69175157
Even the chinese will tell you in china ththakung fu is garbage the tough chinese fighters do sanshou/sanda its basically chinese mma without the ground fighting
>>
>>69173552
op dont be a cuck and take an actual useful martial art like jiu jitsu or judo, all street fights can easily go to the ground where u will dominate or you can pretend to know how to box till a lucky punch makes you look like a bitch
>>
>>69175591
how do degenerates like you exist who think ching chong\ is effective in any sort of fight
>>
>>69188994

Does BJJ help with just regular judo/boxing?

I would like to branch off after I get my black belt
>>
>>69189172
Weidman is not a average person he is a mma fighter that is well rou ded in boxing jiu jitsu wrestling and muay thai
The average person on the street cant block a leg kick from anderson silva
>>
>>69189172
Bruce Lee was an actor. A few things.
Boxing doesn't teach countering anything but punches which it does a good job doing. Muay Thai does both. In a street fight, your average muay Thai fighter will have better punching and dodging technique than some random thug, its a silly metric. And as other anons have pointed out, all it takes is a leg kick or body kick to end a fight with some random on the street I'll equipt to know how to handle that. I'm gonna go out on a limb and say you've never taken a muay Thai kick. Your best bet is honestly to avoid it. Any situation where you block it is likely going to seriously damage that part of your body if you haven't conditioned it to take those strikes.
>>
>>69180484
ignoring all the elbow and knees, people who have never done a day of martial art in their lives need to leave this thread
>>
>>69173552
learn to use a collapsible baton or knife first for serious self defense
>>
>>69188468
You don't really need to be that flexible to kick in the head. I am not and have never had a problem. It is mostly about learning motor control.
>>
>>69189869
Bjj is very intense if gets you in shape
It has alot of moves as judo the armlocks and chokes
Most bjj schools theach their purple and brown belts judo throws anyways
>>
>>69173552
krav maga is a scam
>>
>>69182877
All those fighters either have excellent jiu jitsu or excellent take down defense so if/when they get taken down they aren't lost. The only reason they're able to get off with their hands is because they are confident on the ground. You take a golden gloves boxer who has never seen a double leg and put him with an ncaa wrestler and the dude is getting doubled through the concrete
>>
>>69190031
You dont trust a jewish man to teaching you how to disarm a angry nigger holding a gun?
>>
>>69190031
50% of krav maga is garbage
The other 50 percent is stolen from tae kwon do and brazillion jiu jitsu
>>
>>69174950
Well you kick them multiple times, and maybe bite them.

Krav Maga takes something like 6 months to get most the shit you might use down. Pretty good for self defense, or at least a boost in confidence.
>>
>>69190139
The nigger wants the Jew's wallet.

Just think about that for a moment
>>
>>69191297
lmfao
>>
>>69173552
kick boxing or boxing.
Thread replies: 142
Thread images: 13

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.