[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Living in Dubai
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 4
File: downtown-dubai-cityscape[1].jpg (44 KB, 550x412) Image search: [Google]
downtown-dubai-cityscape[1].jpg
44 KB, 550x412
Alright, I interviewed for a new job on an international project.

They had positions open in either Madrid or Dubai, and asked me where I'd rather go if they hired me.

I said Dubai.

Did I dun fucked up, /pol/?

Madrid seemed kinda boring. As a EUfag I can go there whenever I want for almost pennies.
Also I don't speak spanish very well at all and from past experience the Spanish seem to be as bad at english as Italians.

Has anyone ever worked/lived in Dubai here?

Any experience?
>>
>>69169830
All non-arabs, even other Muslims, are second class citizens in UAE, and have basically no rights.

But, at least crime is low.
>>
>>69170144
>All non-arabs, even other Muslims, are second class citizens in UAE, and have basically no rights.

Well, it is their country after all.

I don't expect to go somewhere and be treated better than the natives or tell them how to run their country.

I wouldn't be any better than the rapefugees if I did.
>>
>>69170144
Westerners are treated like royalty

>>69169830
You goofed. The threat of being arbitrarily detained, terrorism, Islamic laws, etc are some reasons.

Unless your a millionaire, Dubai is garbage.

Source: Parents worked their as contractors and hated it
>>
>>69170358
Well, basically expect to be treated like "one of the help"

Pretty much everyone will treat you like you're just there to help them make more money (Which you are), and that you have no other value.

Otherwise, I hear it's quite nice.
>>
>>69170464
This.

I have never experienced rudeness on Earth like waiting in huge queues for taxis in Dubai.
>>
File: 1439925564426.jpg (499 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
1439925564426.jpg
499 KB, 1920x1080
>>69169830
>Did I dun fucked up, /pol/?
Yes. Go there, do your stuff, get the money and get out. Be prepared to live as a monk and keep your head down. White Europeans are 2nd class citizens. But keep in mind there are several classes below that.
>>
>>69170464
Treated like royalty right up to getting grabbed off the street by the lawless mercenaries that serve as something like a police force and tortured into confessing to something they did not do.
It's not a skin color or a faith dispute: they have disgusting lifeways.
>>
>>69169830
Dubai, while clean and new and everything works, is boring. Only thing to do is touristy stuff. The indoor ski slope, the beach, or shop.
>>
>>69170708
>Be prepared to live as a monk

>wat

As far as I knew Dubai was all about partying and being a rich spoiled brat. Was I misinformed?

Btw I pretty much live as a monk already so no huge loss there.
>>
probably safer from islamic terrorism in dubai than spain kek
>>
>>69171148

kek

Terrorists in Dubai would probably get hanged or something, while in the EU we are so tolerant and progressive.
>>
>>69171118
>As far as I knew Dubai was all about partying and being a rich spoiled brat.
For the millionaire Westerners and the Arab sheiks. Western contractors/workers better keep their fucking head down if they don't want to lose it. Even the USA doesn't try to bail out US dipshits that spoke against the regime and were sentenced to lashings.
>>
>>69171118
from what i've read - so much as having THC in your system u can be fucked

the partying is for the ultra ultra ultra rich & important people
>>
>>69171118
>Btw I pretty much live as a monk already so no huge loss there.
Then you'll probably be fine. Just don't say anything political, not to your colleagues, not to your "friends" or fellow expats.
>>
>>69169830
>going to any mudslime country

Yeah, you fucked up royal

You'd best keep your head down unless you want it lopped off
>>
so long as you're working for some globalist jew corp and have a lot of money you're okay in Arab countries.

GET THE FUCK OUT the instant you're out of work/don't have money or you'll be enslaved or murdered by the arabs. they're only okay with you so long as you have jewgolds for them--if you don't have any they revert to their durka durka behead the infidel stance
>>
>>69171834
>>69171422

Why the fuck would I care about their politics?
Like I said, I don't expect to get to a country that isn't mine and tell them how to run it.

>>69171469

Drugs are degenerate. I'm glad they try to stomp them for good.
>>
>>69172371

Aren't you automatically thrown out when your employment terminates anyway?
>>
File: disgusted-by-semen.png (302 KB, 547x373) Image search: [Google]
disgusted-by-semen.png
302 KB, 547x373
>>69169830
>They had positions open in either Madrid or Dubai, and asked me where I'd rather go if they hired me.
>I said Dubai.
>Madrid seemed kinda boring.
>>
>>69170464
>Westerners are treated like royalty
Until you fuck up like eat a poppy seed muffin.

4 years, hard labor for drug trafficking in filthy, AIDSy, parasite-infested middle eastern prisons.
>>
>>69171118
>As far as I knew Dubai was all about partying and being a rich spoiled brat. Was I misinformed?
lol, you can get arrested for public displays of affection.
>>
>>69172578
>Like I said, I don't expect to get to a country that isn't mine and tell them how to run it.
>"I just don't know why you're writing me a ticket officer"
>sent to the gulags for plotting against the state
>>
>>69173075

If poppy seeds are illegal, I'm sure they won't sell poppy seed muffins, will they?

I mean from what everyone's telling, it just sounds like they're very harsh if you break the law.
I don't intend on breaking the law.
>>
>>69173358

Does this shit actually happen?

>mfw
>>
ViewRay?
>>
>>69173461
It happens to the typical litertarian
>AM I BEING DETAINED?
>I PLEAD THE FIFTH
idiots that think they have human rights in the ME. Or that the US embassy would care about some dumbfucks too stupid to keep their mouth shut.
>>
>>69169830
>Madrid seemed kinda boring.
Wait until you get to Dubai to experience actual boredom, you dun goofed man.
>>
>>69173397
>If poppy seeds are illegal, I'm sure they won't sell poppy seed muffins, will they?
They've arrested people for having a poppy seed on the bottom of their shoe from another airport.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-512815/Briton-jailed-years-Dubai-customs-cannabis-weighing-grain-sugar-shoe.html
Headline:Briton jailed for four years in Dubai after customs find cannabis weighing less than a grain of sugar under his shoe
>But many of those tourists and business travellers are likely to be unaware of the strict zero-tolerance drugs policy in the UAE.
>One man has even been jailed for possession of three poppy seeds left over from a bread roll he ate at Heathrow Airport.
>Meanwhile a Big Brother TV executive has so far been held without charge for five days after being arrested for possessing the health supplement melatonin.
>The authorities claim to have discovered 0.01g of hashish in his luggage.
you fucked up. These sand niggers are sadists. You really thought you were going to live it up in Sharia Disney?
>>
>>69169830
I spent a few months there a little over a year ago. Was in the Navy, they had a port, kept fucking going there.

It's a nice place if you're incredibly rich. They seemed to only pay lip service to the more enriched parts of islam, but overall it seemed pretty metropolitan, like a mid-east Singapore. That said, it's hot as fuck. I mean it's like if you made a colony on a desert planet, it's that inhospitable to life. Most buildings have great AC though, so as long as you stay indoors it's no big deal. Fast, expensive cars everywhere, and the women even had fancy ninja costumes. Most guys are douchebags, and the younger crowd wear these vajazzled up jeans and guido hair. If you're looking for some lovin, it's easy to find; most bars let the hookers out after dark, and you can basically find just about anything that'll suit your needs.

If you've got any qualms about slavery, some things might make you a bit uncomfortable. A lot of Indians and pakis go there with the promise of work and end up in indentured servitude in these gulags on the outskirts of town. I mean...you look at all that shit there, the tall impressive buildings, the roads, the bridges, someone had to build that. So you won't really see it if you aren't looking, but every now and then you'll see these fucked up little buses full of sweaty brown people with moustaches on their way to whatever's being built. They tend to stick out on the roads among the Ferraris.

I can promise you this though--if you thought Madrid was boring, you won't last one year in Dubai. The nightclubs, the bars, the malls, the finery, they get real fucking old real fucking quick. And if you're looking to get into that water, maybe do a bit of SCUBA diving, well--there ain't shit down there to see. They said they were trying to build the reef up when I was there, but that'll take decades. For now it's just a sandy bottom, some rocks...the occasional sea turtle.
>>
>>69175184
I should also add that most places don't serve alcohol unless you're willing to pony up for someplace nice that caters mostly to ex-pats (who you'll probably want to hang out with more than the locals).

Also if you're into banging hookers, apparently some of the establishments do on occasion get raided, and you really don't want to be caught with your pants down when they do.

The food was really good there though. And some of the expat women were fine as fuck; you really won't have a chance of getting any local pussy that you don't pay for though, because you'll have to get past their ninja costumes, brothers, dads, cousins, etc., and then you'll have to live with the knowledge that you got the bitch honor-killed for the rest of your life.

But they are pretty fucking hot under the ninja costumes though.
>>
>>69175184
>>69175616

Nice to see some first hand experience!

I was aware of the pakis/indians situation going on out there. Nothing I can do about it, so I'll just have to deal with it. I don't pick fights I can't win.

I didn't LITERALLY mean that Madrid is boring, by the way.
What I meant is that I can go to Madrid whenever I want.
I could literally hop in my car right now and drive to Madrid. Would take less than 16 hours.
Dubai? not so much. It's a place I'm likely never to visit unless I take this opportunity.

Minus the >getting arrested for 3 poppy seeds it sounds pretty much like I expected.

All in all, I think if they hire me I'm still wanting to go.

Thanks everyone for the input, I'll make sure to be careful.

Also

>ninja costumes

my sides
>>
>>69169830
Choose Madrid. Living in the desert sucks. You will appreciate greenery like never before after being in Dubai for more than a week.
>>
madrid is great

you goof'd
>>
>>69169830

if you like young nubile blond russian hookers or best opium afghanistan has to offer , you made the right choice.

spenish chick are half crazy.
>>
>>69176618
You'll be alright, anon. I'll say this, it was definitely worth the visit, because yeah, it's one of those places that sounds cool to people who've never been there and you'll likely never end up being there unless it's for business.

Also, as far as where you'll end up in the city itself, be very particular about where you'll be staying. Closer to the outskirts it gets pretty seedy, a lot of Asians there (which of course means a lot of whores). The buildings there really aren't that great either in terms of air conditioning.

So when you get there, I'd try and hit up the big Hyatt (least I think it was Hyatt) hotel at least once. Went on a weekend with some of the boys, place had a few solid European women at this swim-up bar (easy to find alcohol at hotels). That might mean something different to me than it does to you, but it's not like other Islamic countries where you'll never find attractive, rich, young white women.
>>
File: burj.jpg (2 MB, 2448x3264) Image search: [Google]
burj.jpg
2 MB, 2448x3264
>>69178946
Should also mention, since this was a decent hotel in the middle of the day, said women were not hookers, or at the very least were not at that moment on the cock clock.

And the touristy shit is worth doing at least once (probably only once though). The Burj Khalifa was pretty awesome to go to the top on (not literally the top, but as far up as they'll let anyone go).
>>
>>69179418
Jesus christ that thing is tall.
Never seen a view of it from street level.
>>
>>69173202
>lol, you can get arrested for public displays of affection.

he's posting in /pol/ , quite safe bet he's not going there with gf/wife , he'll avail hookers he's salary can buy , nobody in their right mind 'PDA' with hookers !!
>>
>spain
>fine ass ladies and sheit
>no islam
>beaches
>nightlife

>dubai
>islam
>sand
>heat
>no alcohol
>no bitches
>basically vegas without the sin
>>
>hurr durr dubai is hot don't go there

holy fucking shit, did you fags ever go to madrid?
the summers are literally unbearable there. and to top that madrid, although bigger, doesn't have the fraction of ACs you'll see in Dubai

also spaniards are super lazy and always late. fuck them.
>>
>>69169830
>falling for the "THE TOURIST VERSION OF "x" COUNTRY IS GOOD MEME"
They still practice monarchy
You better behave
They still practice behadings
They dont pay their cheap workers
You will forever be a lower class citizen to them

Am not saying the country is bad but do your research next time to adapt your expectations
Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.