[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why don't millennials go out and get a job so they could
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 220
Thread images: 29
Why don't millennials go out and get a job so they could buy a home and drive a nice new car?
>>
Well even if we disregard my credit card and student loan debt I can't very well buy I car with global warming. I'm not a hypocrite like Al Gore.
>>
>>69150114
Nice try grandpa.
>>
>>69150114

>get a job
>buy a house
>buy

Did your Gen Xer idiot ass forget about the value of the dollar?
>>
>>69150114
What is "inflation".
>>
>>69150315

>credit card and student loan debt

Already off to a good start
>>
>>69150114
I would if I could.
>>
>>69150779
The dollar is close to a 12-year high.

>>69150865
Inflation is at record lows, and besides, asset prices and wages always rise at a minimum of the inflation rate. Inflation only has any effect on your purchasing power if you hoard cash under your mattress like a retard.
>>
what the fuck, I've smoked weed at that house before.
>>
Why bother when we can just vote for Bernie, and have other people support us? His Wall Street tax is actually a 401K and IRA tax. Government will take the money from the retirement accounts, and use it to pay off our student loans.
>>
Nice try.
Thanks goverment for neetbuck.
>>
I would but as a white American I could fuel a small country with my excuses. My mom will take care of me forever anyway.
>>
>>69150114

Have job have nice car.

No house yet, too much limit on freedom with a mortgage.

Need to find the right investment as well.
>>
>>69151119

That's one of those copy paste houses that fill up middle class america, its probably not the same one.
>>
>>69150875
Well I'm sorry that parents didn't pay for anything. And yes my low paying jobs weren't enough. Fucking books were $2500 to $3000 a year.
>>
>>69151072

Talmudic economics shill detected.

Inflation is horrible and in no way "good".

Also, 12 years ago you couldn't have bought a house any better than you could today. This meme of "work a job for a few years and you own your own house" would work 60 years ago, but certainly not today or at any point since Reagan was president.
>>
>>69150425
/thrd
>>
>>69150865

As long as you dont live in an area near a brown neighborhood home prices are one of the safest bets there is.

Home prices right now are still very low, we are at all time lows on interest rates, and the dollar is very strong.

In reality, you are an idiot if you dont carry a mortgage right now. As /biz? would say, good job on being forever poor
>>
>>69150114
>get debt
>get more debt
Oy vey why don't these Goyim live alone
>>
>>69150875

This. All he needs is to go to the emergency room with no insurance now.
>>
>get a job
>amass mountain of chicken tendies
>still empty inside
>whisper"reeee" but is smothered by a cold cruel wind
>>
>>69151135

Except no one is helping people currently in debt. Not even Bernie. It will only apply to new borrowers, much like Fedloan did.
>>
File: OP is fucking retarded.jpg (251 KB, 1500x966) Image search: [Google]
OP is fucking retarded.jpg
251 KB, 1500x966
>>69151072
>Inflation is at record lows
lel

Do you know how money even works? Since my parents generation, the world population has grown by about 6 billion, you massive retard.
>>
>>69151236

You didn't shop around enough. Theres sites that let you rent text books and shit. You just took the easy way out by using your student loans/credit cards towards your fucking books.
>>
>>69150114
>buying home
They are overpriced and make you modern peons serving banking lords
It's better to live with your parents to save money
>having car
LOL. 35 here never had a car, never learned how to drive. Public transport is all I need.

Don't tell me you have credit card too, you poor American fool?
>>
>>69151329
>In reality, you are an idiot if you dont carry a mortgage right now
>having any debt or mortgage or loan
I am not a slave.
>>
>>69151496
underrated.
>>
>>69151596

Yes US inflation is at all time lows, its actually causing problems for us because it is so low.

Even by your pic, that would mean the US dollar has fallen less than .9% per year since the 1910's
>>
>>69150114
Because I have no faith in my government and don't even know if the water in my town will be potable in 10 years time.
>>
>>69151699
>. Theres sites that let you rent text books and shit.
Most of those didn't exist 6 years ago and also my school required custom books that couldn't be rented. They basically have a deal with the publisher and book custom books for the school.
>>
>>69151699
>2016
>Paying for books

Choose one.
>>
>>69151329
>Home prices right now are still very low
You're an idiot. Look at my flag and tell me all these Chinese trying to stash their funny money before it collapses in actual investments has made home prices low...
>>
>>69151236
>Fucking books were $2500 to $3000 a year
For 12 classes that's 250$. That's about the max you should pay if it's the very newest edition.
Many classes use the same book as well.
And you can get it on amazon for less than half the price.
Or just pirate it.
Or share a friends

If you actually spent that much on books you're retarded. I averaged about 800$ for a year of texbooks.
And I recouped about half when I sold them again.
>>
Why is this question posted several times a day, every day, by an OP who never responds?

Is this a bot or some shit, and if so- why?
>>
>>69151699

CHEGG!!!!

Chegg got me through 4 years of college for less than $400. 1 semester rentals for $10-20 bucks was awesome.

Now grad school got expensive
>>
>>69151747

Own a home, paid for no debt

own a cheap car

no credit cards, no cell phones

feels good
>>
>>69151257
>Inflation is horrible and in no way "good".
Strawman. My post doesn't contain the word "good".

>12 years ago you couldn't have bought a house any better than you could today. This meme of "work a job for a few years and you own your own house" would work 60 years ago, but certainly not today or at any point since Reagan was president.
If you're going to argue that Reagan's tax cuts were terrible for income inequality and the middle class, I'm not going to fight you there. I agree that our middle class was much more prosperous in the 40s, 50s, 60s, and 70s with a higher income tax rate on the rich. However, inflation was also much higher in those decades than it is today. To the extent that housing prices have outpaced inflation, much of it can be explained by houses getting bigger and the "average house" being located in a more metropolitan area as people relocate from small towns to big cities. But the meme you reference, apples to apples, is still alive and well.

>>69151596
Yes, inflation is at record lows. This isn't up for debate. Pic related, this is a chart since 1913. We are currently near zero at the very far right.
>>
File: 4L_IgybWDsz.jpg (175 KB, 1236x1794) Image search: [Google]
4L_IgybWDsz.jpg
175 KB, 1236x1794
Already do
>>
File: Capture.jpg (37 KB, 628x412) Image search: [Google]
Capture.jpg
37 KB, 628x412
>>69152269
Pic attached.
>>
>>69152062

That sucks then. I went from 2008-2012 and spent about $200 a semester textbooks by renting them. I only had to buy 2 or 3, because they had some kind of software that needed a registration key that only came with new ones.

I'm glad my school didn't do some shit like that.
>>
>>69150114
Why bother? I don't have a family yet, what's the point in all that space?
>>
>>69151917

You arent American either. The UK is so beyond fucking with housing and credit you are better off just living in a HSS flat and not working
>>
File: joseph-joestar-old-face.png (87 KB, 236x241) Image search: [Google]
joseph-joestar-old-face.png
87 KB, 236x241
>>69150114

Because Baby Boomers sent those jobs overseas to fund their extravagance, and not all of us want to live in permanent debt and get up every morning knowing we're basically spending the rest of our life working for the bank in exchange for barely being able to afford a middle class lifestyle.
>>
>>69151236
did you not know that the school library circulation desk has multiple copies of every book that gets assigned in a class?

i'm not surprised-
when i was i was in school most people didn't. which meant that the books were always available when i needed them.
which meant i never had to pay for books unless i actually wanted them.
>>
I got a house and some property at 22. I just didn't want a mortgage aka selling my soul to the devil.
>>
>>69152593

So rent and spend just as much as a mortgage would cost, and own nothing?
>>
>>69151699
This.

If you are going into debt and taking loans to go through college you deserve everything you get.

That degree wont barely help you in this day and age.

Go to a trade school and actually make a living. But that would require you to actually work for a few years instead of drink and lounge around with the occasional class.

Its also so much easier to just go into debt and have someone else pay for it later (ie people who made better life decisions)
>>
>>69152724

Actually in a lot of American cities rent is now approaching double the mortgage price of a similar home.
>>
>>69152150
>Many classes use the same book as well.
Like I said most of mine were custom university books that weren't used and could not be rented. They also couldn't be sold back. Sure you can sell them on Amazon, but it was a book for my local university, so no one wanted it. Also the university got new ones every year or two. Plus add in the mathlab, blackboard, secondary books and it was insane!
>>
>>69152593

yeah that 9.5% of my income I spend on a mortgage for a house that I already have $25k in equity in really means i'm "spending the rest of my life working for the bank."

sucks to be poor eh?
>>
>>69152269

>Strawman.

Kek. You were acting like nothing in the world is wrong with inflation.

>But the meme you reference, apples to apples, is still alive and well.

It doesn't work in the modern world.

Tell me where the fuck I can get a house in 5 years of work on a pretty average salary of 60 k $.

>inb4 but you should only be able to buy property with a much higher salary which the common man doesn't have.

Also your chart is useless without temporal markings and at this point wasted bandwidth.
>>
File: 524961302.jpg (54 KB, 500x295) Image search: [Google]
524961302.jpg
54 KB, 500x295
>>69150114
DAD YOU JUST DON'T UNDERSTSAND!!111
>>
>>69153090

>tell me where

Most of America?
>>
>>69150114
Because the economy is already in the shitter and me buying more shit I don't need isn't going to help me at all.
>>
>>69152744
I took about 20k in loans for a nursing degree. First job makes 72k a year. It was a wise investment.
>>
>>69152932

You paid for all that shit?

I bought at most one book a semester in undergrad, and spent less than $300 on software access over 4 years. fucking retards
>>
>>69153090
They're shilling their lifestyle, fuck em.

Inflation is terrible, doesn't matter if it's low or not. Point is, the value of the dollar gets distilled for every dollar you print out, and for the more people there are, you should theoretically be increasing the monetary supply proportionally. So more people makes the value of each dollar go down because they have to print more (or do they just get some kind of bank credit these days). Combined with the concentration of this increased supply, you have the people at the top hoarding a record percentage of the proportional pie. So less for the plebs, and every dollar the pleb has is worth that much less than 19-whenever the fuck you grew up.

tl;dr fuck off shills
>>
>>69153402

>first job makes 72k

Not only are you an exaggerator you can't even keep your tenses straight to convince us you aren't still in nursing school.

Better brush up for clinical so you can post some memes on facebook about how nurses are so compassionate and warm even when they're covered in the green Apple splatters
>>
>>69152955

The average property value for a detatched house where I live in a million dollars. We don't all live out in some shitty little hicktown out in the sticks.
>>
>>69153206

You aren't actually telling me I can get a comfortable home, no older than 50 years with modern appliances installed, working heating, good proximity to major traffic arteries and the metro area where I would hypothetically be working, with a salary of 60k $?

This is a purchase. Not a "down payment & loan" jew meme. I don't buy credit because its dirty talmudic jewry.

I don't know your tax rates, but assuming I paid 25% taxes:

5 years of 60k $ = 300k $
25% of which gets taken away

75k $ gone

225k $ now:

I need to feed myself, pay rent in my current home, utilities, my car insurance, other costs that arise in the mean time. Lets say it costs me a solid 2000 $ to live monthly + 2000 $ at the end of the year to cover "unforeseen costs".

5 years is 60 months.

60 * 2000 + 5 * 2000 = 120000 + 10000

130k $ expended. Now this is assuming a pretty cheap cost of living, rent in America can be much higher in metro areas so I'm giving you slack here.

225k - 130k = 95k $

Tell me where I can buy the house I previously described with 95k $, no jew bank loans or credits.

>>69153589

I know. I just hate all these retarded shills.
>>
>>69153754
Uhh I took 20 k in loans. Now my first job makes 72k. How is that mixing tenses? And 3 shifts a week of 34 an hour plus 5.50 night differential makes 72k a year. Learn math idiot.
>>
>>69151236
>Fucking books were $2500 to $3000 a year.
Jesus christ! where were you going to school, Harvard? I went to Texas State and never paid more than $500 a semester.
>>
Im 37 been in debt since 19.
I have a degree but my job only pays 14 bucks an hour and i have child support to pay as well as rent and cant pay off any debt such life in the USA
>>
>>69154041

>Tell me where I can buy the house I previously described with 95k

That's very possible in the suburban southeast.
>>
>>69153589
This is why you should get a college degree, kids, or you end up retarded like this one.
>>
File: 1456770209153.png (193 KB, 559x558) Image search: [Google]
1456770209153.png
193 KB, 559x558
>>69151496
>>
>>69150114
They are working. They aren't earning enough and have to compete with 1000s of immigrants the government is pouring in who will work for far less then the natives.

Also the boomers destroyed the property markets in a lot of western nations so owning a house is a pipe dream for most.

Millenials were sold out and have no hope except triggering a civil war to sort out their elders and the scum immigrants that are being moved in to replace them.
>>
I got welding certs and moved to Alaska.

Made bank during the oil price peak. Got some homesteading land, and built a house.

Now I do odd welding jobs and pan for gold. while I wait for oil to go back up.
>>
I am a millennial working in a gun store. AMA
>>
>>69155510

>i had a job and bought a house in fucking alaska
>now i do odd jobs to pay for the house while I wait for oil to go back up
>i made a huge fucking mistake
>>
>>69155685
Whats a good shotty for home defense and is 4buck a good load?
>>
>>69155685

how many times a day do you look at those guns and contemplate using them on yourself?
>>
>>69153896

sucks nerd, so I make more than you AND I live somewhere quieter and smaller.

isn't telecommuting great.
>>
>>69156151
>>69153896

oh and your money is dogshit ayyyy
>>
>>69150114
That's the stuff that filthy boomer materialist scum traded the values of our culture for, I want nothing to do with it to be honest.
>>
>>69150114
i did. 10/10, would recommend
>>
>>69155963
Price range?
I tend to like older 870s. 12 gauge. Its what we recommend for HD
>>69156041
Considering the gun range in the back I do use them.

Also we have been selling more ARs than we can keep stock of. Democrats sell guns.
>>
I'm 24, my gran on the side of the family I hadn't seen for 15 years died and left me ~£50k, I'm buying a nice house once the legal jews are done taking their share
>>
>>69154422

I quickly googled some stuff about Alabama:

GDP per capita of 32k, so asking for a 60k $ salary will be looking above and beyond.

Housing price index was 125k $, which seems to be "pretty doable", but I don't know what this measurement actually means.

Alabama's economy is also mainly agriculture and heavy industry. I'd need to score a management position.

Not to mention I don't want to live in such a warm environment, I prefer the cold, but that's stretching it a bit.

My point is that this meme of "oh just work for a while and you have a house" requires a college degree, scoring a well paying job (usually takes years to work up to the salary that gets you a house in a respectable amount of years (4-7 years imo)) and then finding the property itself.
>>
>>69156523
I also love my job and life >>69156041
So I would not off myself
>>
>>69156666

Brandon is a white suburb of Mississippi's biggest city. It took me 10 seconds on Zillow to find a house that cost under $100,000 there. It's very doable down here. If you want cold, East Tennessee and Western North Carolina are colder due to elevation.

What's so bad with a mortgage anyway?

also, checked
>>
>>69150425
>oh fuck an opinion
>must be an elderly person
>>
>>69150114
There aren't any jobs that allow that.
>>
>>69158299

>What's so bad with a mortgage anyway?

I don't want to rent myself my own house.
>>
>>69153402
I have over 200k in student loan debt for law school, and I make less than 30k per year. Passed the bar in 2014 and didn't even find this job until last month.
>>
>>69156666
Don't come to Alabama unless you like niggers.
>>
>>69158645
so you'd rather rent someone else's house and have them dictate if and when you have to leave?
>>
>>69158831
Did you go to Elon or some shit?
>>
>>69159025

Jordan?
>>
>>69150114
That house is degenerate trash and an insult to white culture.
>>
File: 1439522184427.jpg (54 KB, 600x775) Image search: [Google]
1439522184427.jpg
54 KB, 600x775
>Cars

It's like owning a 4 ton steel child that constantly demands money and is also a drug dealer so you have to constantly watch out for cops. Fuck cars and fuck car culture, shit's for the birds
>>
File: rev-up-that-cancer.jpg (16 KB, 225x225) Image search: [Google]
rev-up-that-cancer.jpg
16 KB, 225x225
>>69150114
The government has made everything such a pain in the ass with inspections, permits, lawyers, taxes, and shit that more and more people would rather just pay some guy to live in a place than pay the government for the privilege of owning shit.

My mother had to give the county several thousand dollars just to take her sister off the deed and own their childhood home by herself.

Our shit's gotten all kinds of fucked up over time.
>>
>>69158979
>and have them dictate if and when you have to leave?

tenant laws in europe are very good for renters.
>>
>>69158914

>Don't come to Alabama unless you like niggers.
Ah right, I've totally forgotten to mention I want to live in a nice neighborhood.

Oops.

>>69158979

I'd rather have the landlord, because he is an approachable person (hopefully anyway).

The bank jew doesn't even show his face.
>>
File: guys_seriously.jpg (122 KB, 388x411) Image search: [Google]
guys_seriously.jpg
122 KB, 388x411
>>69150114

As a millennial this is something I can't even relate to, let alone understand.

> be me
> go to college on loans because parents were poor, but not poor enough to get me aid
> graduate during the recession (2010), apply for ~20 jobs
> get 1 interview
> nail it, get job, start one week after graduation
> 2013
> loans on schedule to be paid off by 2018
> saved at least $400 a month
> use cash to put down payment on house in gentrifying neighborhood
> renovate it with rest of cash, end up with $100,000 in equity over night
> friends continue to rent shitty apartments in same neighborhood for more than my monthly mortgage payment

I'm pretty fucking average and I pulled off the American dream. These people have to be absolute losers to not be able to do the same. Even most of my friends disgust me sometimes with their poor financial decisions that they expect my tax dollars to fix.
>>
>>69151596
Poltards are so retarded they post pictures of purchasing power parities when discussing... inflation... two different things
>>
>>69150114
But I did do that, OP
>>
I'm by no means a millennial... More of a 90's kid- born in the 80's

I've been working full time since I was 14- never had a single thing handed to me. Paid my own way through college, worked my way up the ladder. I'm now making 6-figures, drive a $50k car, have a $20k motorcycle, a big house with a 4-car garage, and my wife is about an 8.5/10 by 4chan standards

It's not an easy road getting here, and happiness isn't suddenly achieved. The more you have, the more you have to take care of. That $50k car? Shitloads of taxes. That $20k bike? Taxes out the ass. That big house? Taxes, maintenance, work work work.

It's not all rainbows and ponies in middle class. People get what they want by saying "I'll be happy when..." And then they're left unfulfilled when they achieve it, so they up the ante and try to keep up with the Joneses. That leads to lifestyle inflation.

What I didn't mention earlier is that my $50k car was $50k new. I bought it for $20k used a good number of years ago and am running the thing until I simply can't anymore.

That $20k bike? Same thing.

That big house? I downsized and flipped a house to build equity.

Material possessions don't make you happy. What you DO can, nothing else.
>>
>>69160374
Born in the eighties makes you a milenial /pol/ack.
>>
>>69159606
Enjoy waiting in the rain for a bus full of obnoxious niggers and waiting even longer to get to your destination.
>>
>>69160374
>Material possessions don't make you happy.
I disagree. I love my house. It means I don't have to live with any fuckers stomping around on the floor above me at 1 in the morning when I'm trying to sleep, no pee smells in the hallway outside of where I live, and no cockroaches
>>
>>69160374

>30 year old post-Gen X garbage
>telling me about how I should be happy

Dude, I would be pretty fucking happy with a warm house.
>>
>>69154358
I hope you're joking. I'm 21 and earn $13.50/hr. What do you do that you're 37 and have a degree while only making $14/hr?
>>
>>69159886

Nice humblebragging.
>>
>>69155835
I own my home outright and have no major expenses. I work the jobs I want to. I own a lot of unspoiled land. I love being up here. away from brown people and libshits.

Enjoy your debt and stress down in the lower 49 states.
>>
>>69161151
remember it depends where you live. $11/hr here is good money, but in another part of the country it may be minimum wage.
>>
>cost of house vs wage = huge gap
>most jobs are casual, contract = no stability
They've made it very difficult for the average man to get into his own house.
>>
File: dank new wallpaper.jpg (197 KB, 1928x1124) Image search: [Google]
dank new wallpaper.jpg
197 KB, 1928x1124
>>69150114
Because they expect stuff for free now.
>>
So much whining
So little character
>>
Between the Illegals, jobs being sent overseas, and the increasingly ludicrous job requirements, it really is hard to get a decent job these days. Not impossible, but not easy. We need to bring back midrange jobs.
>>
>>69164156
Don't forget increasing levels of automation.
>>
>>69150114
I did. I don't know why so many people bitch. I didn't go to college though and I bought the house when I was 27
>>
>>69164103
Failure parents, failure children.
>>
File: Brock.jpg (21 KB, 400x300) Image search: [Google]
Brock.jpg
21 KB, 400x300
>>69150114
>Millenials asking millenials about millenials
Why do these shitty threads keep getting made?
>>
>>69156523
You have any Garands or a Winchester 1897?
>>
File: 1446970244357.png (144 KB, 400x322) Image search: [Google]
1446970244357.png
144 KB, 400x322
>>69150315
>credit card debt
>>
>>69150114
I just bought a 2 bedroom fixer small house in an urban area for $350k, its on a double-lot though. I make 70k/year.

That's 5-years of my salary before taxes. And no I did not get a tax refund.

Fucking boomers were making my salary back in the 90s and buying 3000sqft ranch homes for 100-150k that are now worth over a million.
>>
>>69150114
I did that already. Bought a 3 bed/2.5 bath foreclosure for $300k, then spent the past year remodeling everything myself. It's really nice, although I have way more space than I need.

It's funny because my neighbors have kids my age that still live at home.
>>
>>69160374
>>I've been working full time since I was 14- never had a single thing handed to me. Paid my own way through college, worked my way up the ladder. I'm now making 6-figures, drive a $50k car, have a $20k motorcycle, a big house with a 4-car garage, and my wife is about an 8.5/10 by 4chan standards

You and everyone else on 4chan.
>>
>>69150114
because they dont want to work, they graduate college with useless degrees and no work experience and expect to get top salary jobs, and they want to live in expensive places like california
>>
>>69150114
job? electrician.
car? used but better to save the money.
house? apartment but working on buying a house.

not all of us are crybullies or a regressive leftist
>>
>>69150114
The 30 year mortgage is a fucking sham. There isn't a stable job where some wagecuck can work for 30 years. Not to mention marriages don't last 30 years anymore. Fucking stupid
>>
>only need a detached family home if you have a family
>the modern woman doesn't get married until she's in her mid 30s and doesn't even want kids
>not to mention most houses start at 10x average net yearly income

It's really fucked.
>>
Pay to study engineering for 7 years after lost everything in collapse of 2006. After 7 years studying engineering I have master's degree. Looking for a job for past two years while studying still takes 6 months after graduation to get a job.

Could barely afford one bedroom apartment and kia even after paying back student loans.

Kill me now.
>>
>>69167850
>>69168172
I have a 3 bedroom house and live alone.

>>69167850
>The 30 year mortgage is a fucking sham
It's the opposite actually, the government does a lot to make it affordable. And there are stable jobs still out there too.
>>
>>69167850

Then get a 25 year mortgage.

I got a 30 year just to get in the housing market. When i renewed 5 years later I knocked it down to a 15 year mortgage. You're not locked in for 30 years.
>>
>>69150114

I'd gladly buy a car and have another house (the one I currrently live in is slresdy mine) but I don't have a job tbqh
>>
>>69168186
Dayum anon that sucks
>>
>>69150114
Oh, get a job? Just get a job? Why dont I strap on my job helmet and squeeze down into a job cannon and fire off into job land, where jobs grow on little jobbies
>>
>>69168186
Really considering going back for engineering. I am quitting my labtech job at $17 hr (take home is really $12 after all is said and done) and doing at least a year of school to freeze student loans and study for lsat. I've heard a lot of law horror stories too though. My background was molecular bio and all I could get was anatomy lab tech which is physically demanding and very gross, but I made the most of it. Is there a demand for CAD drafters? Electrical engineers? I just can't stand to work staff at regular hours anymore without project based incentive.

For anyone wondering, student loan payments are calculated based on income and expenditures like rent, as well as savings. They maximize what they can get out of you so it's impossible to have savings for the 10 year repayment period.

In short, every graduate fresh out of school has to start a career with the equivalent of a child support payment every month.
>>
>>69167850
Houses are just another speculation investment property. Just that you get to live in it and sink money into maintenance and raising its value.

You buy the house and hope the value goes up. So you can sell it at a profit when you inevitably have to change careers and locations.

Why do you think people whine about "muh property values" and put up with Home Owners Associations' asinine rules?

They don't buy a house to live in for the for rest of their lives and to make a home.
>>
>>69168829

Yup.

Millennials summed up nicely in just one post.
>>
>>69169043
lol, that was a "its always sunny in Philadelphia" quote
>>
File: MelbourneHousing2013.jpg (207 KB, 1803x917) Image search: [Google]
MelbourneHousing2013.jpg
207 KB, 1803x917
Gee i wonder why

Mfw the average housing price is now 800,000 and is 10X the median wage,

you try spending 900 dollars a week out of 1100 dollars on a mortgage to get an AVERAGE house.

to get a house at the same cost of an average house 50 years ago i would need to buy a 2 bedroom 60 year old rotten wooden house 2000 km (1250 miles) away from a major city (over 100,000 people)

unless i make over 300,000 a year its not affordable
>>
File: 1415911216565.gif (146 KB, 300x375) Image search: [Google]
1415911216565.gif
146 KB, 300x375
>>69168829
I have an entry level position available to people with a BS in the related field and two years of advanced technical experience in the exact thing I'm researching. M.S. or Ph.D in similar or exact field that I earned mine in would be preferred. Also need three professional references from full time employers in a related field.
>>
>>69169484
i haz can job???
>>
>>69154304
Texas State? Found the retard.
>>
>>69169228

Just the same, it sums up Millennials nicely.
>>
File: maxresdefault (1).jpg (88 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault (1).jpg
88 KB, 1280x720
Wait, so when all the Boomers die, will that free up inventory for us?
>>
>>69169484
Where I work we've hired guys at full salary/benefits right after they graduate, because they did a good job during paid internships.

The internships are admittedly competitive, but you don't need any prior experience.
>>
>>69169484
This

It's like jumping through hoops lit on fire. There are far too many requirements and too many connections needed to even get an affordable job.
>>
>>69169795
No, it will just make shit worse as we have to clean up their messes.
>>
File: 1411622082611.jpg (14 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
1411622082611.jpg
14 KB, 480x360
>>69169795
It's sad but it really sounds like we will have to wait for an entire generation to at least retire to free up the job market. The problem is the boomers probably have another 10-15 years of life sucking on the teat of social security.

I've heard so many stories of boomers getting pension at 55, retiring, and then getting entry to mid level skill jobs to double their income. It's smart but it is taking jobs away from a lot of kids that could perform better in those positions.
>>
File: 484748472_1280x720.jpg (102 KB, 784x720) Image search: [Google]
484748472_1280x720.jpg
102 KB, 784x720
I would much rather live in the inner city with access to things to do on the weekends, places to visit, friends to have and access to the best city life has to offer.

I don't really like sitting in a car, I value my fitness, finances and salary. I own a bicycle that cost me $1000 and I spend maybe $300 on it a year to maintain it. I ride 120km per week with sometimes more recreational rides on the weekend. It gets me where I need to be.

If it's pouring raining I'll catch the tram or the train. Again, not a big deal.

What is the /pol/ fascination with living in a big mcmansion? It doesn't make me happy, The only thing I'd trade my current place for is a place with a slightly bigger backyard so I could grow more vegetables.

The housing market in my country is fucked and is due to crash, they're also going to be making a lot of reforms to the entire market to correct a lot of it. The only thing that won't decrease in value is the location of the house. If I paid for a mcmansion right now I'd be paying way more than what it's worth wheras a smaller place in an expensive inner city area is only ever going to increase in value as the population increases.
>>
>>69170325

>I spend maybe $300 on it a year to maintain it.

What kind of snake oil tires are you buying?
>>
>>69150114
http://i.4cdn.org/wsg/1459213179787.webm
>>
But I already bought a new car and own a home.
>>
File: image.jpg (17 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
17 KB, 250x250
>>69150114

I'm an early millennial (1984)

Just in the past 5 years, I've gone from being a shitty waiter to making real estate deals and making roughly $100,000 per year.

In all honesty, our parents are right. Keep working hard, shake a lot of peoples' hands, and dress well.

Shit eventually worked out for me, and in not that bright.

Also, buy used cars.
>>
>>69170325
In the US you can easily live 30-60miles from your work place and have a giant house/lots of land for dirt cheap and comfortably commute on rural highways into cities of medium size. The great thing about the midwest is that there isn't traffic depending on how big the city is, at least not for 90% of the mileage. Having a car in the US gives you freedoms unimaginable in europe.
>>
>>69170824
>new car
You eat a lot of depreciation on that. At least go for something 2 years old coming off lease.
>>
>>69160374
Well, I tried posting something nice for once and got shit on

Fuck you guys then.. Haha

And I'm 27...
>>
>>69150114
>he BUYS a house
God damn you fell for the second biggest jew meme ever.
>>
Where can one buy a house with a lot of land to shoot my guns, for a relatively affordable price?
>>
JOBS DON'T PAY ENOUGH!
>>
>>69170325
/n/ laughs at you.
>>
What do you guys think of /biz/ ?
>>
>>69150114
I am a millennial and I have. There is a help wanted poster in every store, job offers forward to me by friends, and companies emailing me begging to just have an interview.

I'm surrounded by people who bury their head in the sand and claim "there is no jobs." It use to bother me, now I'm just thankful because it makes securing a job so much easier.
>>
>>69160374

All that shit you just said sounds like a pointless meaningless life. All that just to stick your dick inside your wife's swamp hole. That's literally the only motivating factor you even tried so hard in a system that's designed to fuck you over. In 10 years it'll be even harder to maintain what you have, taxes will go up and you'll be scraping by.

But you're necessary to keep the economy going, working all those drone hours to sustain the system so that I can have leisure time to contemplate humanity and the universe at large.
>>
>>69169333
>average
Learn statistics, and why "average" is misleading
>>
>>69172205
>so that I can have leisure time to contemplate humanity and the universe at large.
DUDE WEED
>>
>>69172205
honestly I just want enough money to buy a decent cabin up in the appalachians or smokies. I know it sounds like a trope of living in the woods but when you work through the thought experiment of letting everything go, it sounds really great. I wonder if amish or menonites allow people to integrate, even if for only a few years. I know carpentry and some vet medicine that could be useful to them
>>
>>69151236
>has to get a loan but can't afford to pay it off eventually
why even get one?
>>
>>69169708
>belittling alternative education
this is why schools are shit
"if you're not paying for an elite, overpriced school you're 'dumb' etc"
>>
>>69173946
Well, there is some truth to that.

Now that almost everyone goes to college, the prestige of your degree matters a lot more.
>>
File: swanson3.gif (618 KB, 245x180) Image search: [Google]
swanson3.gif
618 KB, 245x180
>>69150114

In 1964 the minimum wage was $1.25.

In 1964 the cost of 1 silver ounce was $1.29

In 1964 the melting value of 5 quarters (your minimum wage) was $1.29

---

In 2016 the minimum wage is $8.10

In 2016 the cost of 1 silver ounce is $15

In 2016 the melting value of 32 quarters (your minimum wage) is $0.97

--

Here is the link for the Coinage act of 1965, Nixon later later suspended the convertability of dollars to gold in 1971 making the dollar a fully fledged fiat currency.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Coinage_Act_of_1965

http://vm136.lib.berkeley.edu/BANC/ROHO/projects/debt/terminationgolddollar.html

--

TL:DR You could sweep floors and wash dishes for 20 hours a week in 1960 and earn $1,300 dollars a month when converted to today.

Yay I love the federal reserve and inflation XD raise the minimum wage XD I've never opened an economics book XD

Fuck off.
>>
File: 1442391890.jpg (166 KB, 980x367) Image search: [Google]
1442391890.jpg
166 KB, 980x367
>>69150114

If I get married I'll buy a 110 sq meters condo. Houses are expensive in Madrid. And then you have to pay the taxes and the maintance.

Houses are beautiful but a condo here means your children going to school walking, being able to buy everything walking and subway at walking distance too. It's very convenient.
>>
>>69174333
to be fair, spain has 3x the population density of the US. You don't have the same options
>>
>>69150114
>pre-fab house in the 'burbs on 0.5 acres of land mortgaged for 500 years
>Hyundai shitbox in the driveway

Living the dream I see
>>
>>69174305
do that again but with gold, you're cherrypicking
>>
Getting a car and buying a house is basically signing yourself up for a lifetime of wageslaving

Once you've got a mortgage you have signed over your life rights to the company that pays you
>>
File: 1454885370646.jpg (33 KB, 505x344) Image search: [Google]
1454885370646.jpg
33 KB, 505x344
>>69150114
I'm trying, I live in CA though. The average rat shithole 900sq Ft house is 500k.
>>
>>69175128
You can sell the house you know. But usually you buy a house when you plan on staying somewhere for at least a few years, not right after you get a job.
>>
>>69151236
>not pirating everything you can

Come on son
>>
File: EspDens2.jpg (549 KB, 2225x1349) Image search: [Google]
EspDens2.jpg
549 KB, 2225x1349
>>69174757

It's more about ownership of the land and socialist entitlements than anything else.
My autonomous community (like an American state) is bigger than the Netherlands, and while they have 17 million inhabitants there we have about 1.3 million.

Fuel/gas is very expensive here as we have to import all of it. Then the people demands having close schools, close hospitals, etc.

Many people live in a condo in the city and then they have the old family house with pool in their village for summer and some weekends.
>>
>>69150114
My IQ is 80, I come from a typical black daddy left us situation, my mother is white and doesnt work, Never went to college cause no funds, And ofcourse too stupid, I dont enjoy life, 800 EU for the rest of my life and only having 80 of it left by the end of the month ( have to pay rent and other expenses) the 80 is for ramen noodles and sometimes a lil box of 3 EU Sushi.

What is your excuse?
>>
>>69151257
Legitimately worked about 20 years ago, (srs)
mom worked a job where she earned 1200 Gulders ( 2400 EU roughly these days) and we could afford the rowhouse + 2x a year on vacation to france or spain.
>>
>joined the National Guard at 18
>Got an IT job, got a bunch of certs that are good in the civilian sector
>Have a top secret clearance
>Make60k a year at 19
>Save for a year living with my parents and helping them
>Do some volunteer work on the side in my free time
>Learned some code because why not

Now I'm going to school full time with no debt because free tuition to any state college. I don't really even need college to make good money, but Electrical Engineering is comfy and a nice challenge.
>>
>>69150114
I am a college NEET in GA, we have 5% official unemployment. But the job market is fucking retarded, I can't even get a damn job at a fucking Wal-Mart let alone McDonalds. It makes no sense to me. Chuck out a bunch of applications to a bunch of people, call them and follow up and even go in and talk to a manager about your application. Nothing fucking happens.
>>
>>69150114
tfw inherited a nice private house and now im selling it
>>
>>69176180
Good for you (legit)
dont need the space?
>>
>>69176180
Carter why?
>>
I did. Dumb millenial scum are whiny bitches. It's easy as fuck to have a good life if you are smart and alpha.
>>
>>69170533
Haha, I change up my tires, replace the bar tape and get my wheels trued, maybe get the chain replaced?. Gotta buy chain lube and other random shit. I just guessed the amount it's really cheap though.

>>69171064
Yeah but then I'd have to spend a LOT of time in a car, maintaining the car, buying fuel and I'd lose the fitness benefits. I can rent a car whenever I want, I usually rent cars or trucks when I move house or want to go out to the countryside but it's not necessary for my day to day life.

>>69171373
Kek, I don't ride professionally but I do post on /n/ sometimes. It's more transportation to me, that said I do have racing geometry with drop bars and a slammed stem.
>>
>>69150114
>27
>HS education
>make 50k-53k a year for past 7 years
>buy 189k house with cash last year
>life sucked for 5 years but no house payment
>no longer a wageslave
>house value will only go up cuz white area

Feels good to be debt free at age 27
>>
>>69150114
>Have a nice apartment split with friend.
>$7K used luxury car + some after market mods
>Skipped higher education for certs and licences.
>No debt. Good life.

>Friend I knew in highschool
>Lives in a $350,000 house (That his gf refuses to help pay for) in a meh tier neighborhood.
>Bought a new Fiat that broke down right after warranty ran out.
>Was already in $67k student debt before this.
>Insists that he's happy when he seems more aged everytime I see him.

Nope. I'm not falling for this meme
>>
>>69171185
>not buying a house with cash

Enjoy your wagecuckery
>>
>>69175458
Is the highway system decent enough to travel from the country to work? Is there an established rural school system that your kids could benefit from? The money you would save living in the country could allow the spouse to stay home and home school. Just a thought. That's kind of how I'd like to do it in the midwest.
>>
>>69175713
>My IQ is 80
>too stupid, I dont enjoy life

Imagine how miserable life is at 135+ IQ, the world could be yours but it's systematically being destroyed by liberals. I WANT to fight it, but how?
>>
File: 1458409859072.jpg (103 KB, 512x566) Image search: [Google]
1458409859072.jpg
103 KB, 512x566
>>69176600
>slammed stem.
Manlet or dumbfuck - can't tell which.
>>
File: tay learns.png (178 KB, 680x1096) Image search: [Google]
tay learns.png
178 KB, 680x1096
It isn't even about the car, the house, or the picket fence.
It's about society being a depraved carnival where anything that gives life sincere meaning is mocked and sneered at, or worse, used to manipulate people.
You don't work to build a life anymore. You work to consume and indulge.
>>
>>69176600
I have spent maybe $50 in the past year changing fluids in a 22 year old honda civic. As long as oil is maintained, they will not break down. Any parts that do break, I replace myself. 40+mpg, 5 speed lets me coast whenever and it's only 70hp so I buy gas maybe once a month (no more than $20).

This might only work in the US though. It's the same reason a lot of people have a Prius in California, they are cheap beaters because everyone sits in traffic and drives like shit so they get beat like hell.
>>
>>69153589
It's quite obvious you've studied macroeconomics in depth and have done a lot of gdp analysis.

Good on you!
>>
>>69177053
Hah, Im Right-Wing, Definitly not helping the 80 IQ stereotype haha, Fake being one but change rules overtime ? the Labor Party of my country ( PVDA) sure did that.
>>
>>69151236
>>69151699
Lol. Just google search the book with this format;

"<title> pdf"

Click first result, if it's your book, download it.
>>
>>69150114

because working doesn't get those things

/thread
>>
Because 80% of disillusioned millennials are waiting for their messiah Sanders to get in the white house and some how wave a magic wand and give them free shit.
>>
>>69150114

>Be an American Capitalist
>1960
>"These F'n unionised, white, male proles won't come and make me my moneys by working in my factories unless I pay them enough to buy a house and support their wives and families! It's so unfair"

>1970's onwards
>Break up the unions
>Convince woman's liberation that wage cuckery is freedom
>Immigration from Mexico is unblocked
>Global Telecommunication allows me to outsource easypeasy.
>"Finally there is a large workforce to choose from, let me see, I choose unmarried Pedrolina who'll accept below minimum wage so she can feed her child and not be deported. Finally I can make some money without those pesky labour costs"
>I move my factories to China with even lower costs

>2016
>Be a millennial prole
>"where are my high paying jobs that'll support me buying a home and car, and support a family?! I was promised this by my culture!"
>"it's all the governments/immigrants/woman's/black's/lazy people's Fault that it is more profitable to outsource to india (or insource immigrants)!"
>>
>parents move to the US during the 70s when they lost everything in their home country
>they take out a loan to start up a business in the most nigger part of time
>they buy stuff from Walmart and double the price when they sell it at their store
>niggers don't care as they pay with food stamps
>they retired last year by buying a 80k house and now drives a brand new Lexus RX

The American dream is dead if I were to try doing that.
>>
>>69150114
because i don't care about houses and new cars
>>
>>69180204
>immigrants with a business loan
my grandpa started a company in the 70's as a carpet distributor with no credit and experience only. I tried getting a loan to get a patented design for medical teaching into large scale manufacturing and was not even considered because of no previous business history, low credit, and not enough investors. I have a fucking patent and guaranteed sales. I had contracts from universities, I DONT FUCKING GET IT
>>
>>69181539
Also, by low credit I mean 700-720. Can't a guy start a fucking business anymore?? what the fuck is going on in this country?
>>
File: 1407366826606.png (360 KB, 500x322) Image search: [Google]
1407366826606.png
360 KB, 500x322
>>69152224
>Not useful Stem Mustard Rake.
>Not getting grants and fellowships upon acceptance
>Not pirating Textbooks
>Not networking prior to grad school.

HA!
>>
>>69176035
> go to temp service
> work temp for 3-6 months
> do good
> get hired

You shouldn't even be applying for Wal mart or McDonalds if you're over the age of 18/19.

Stop making excuses.
>>
>>69150114
Why don't 25 year olds have the experience and business connections of 55 year olds? Are they just lazy?
>>
>>69150114
I'm thinking of replacing my retirement plan with a 12 gauge to the face. Then I will be able to afford a $400k shack in my neighborhood.
>>
>>69150114
Not a 'millenial' but working and saving for a house.

MFW; 5 years of saving hard for a deposit, is wiped out by JUST ONE YEAR of house price increases.

Selling meth can get you a house basically in my slave nation of drunken fucktards.
>>
>>69150114

I have land and a house my grandparents bought and built, respectively. It went from them to my parents, and soon it'll go to me. I live with my parents as I see no point in leaving and neither do they since I will inherit this house and property.

I don't like cars because I get motion sickness in them, and really any vehicle. I walk mostly everywhere I go, which is pretty relaxing when you live in a rural area and can experience nature.

I like it.
>>
>Americans complaining about house prices...

You can't make it up
>>
>>69184659
>MFW; 5 years of saving hard for a deposit, is wiped out by JUST ONE YEAR of house price increases.

Denver here: IKTFB
>>
>>69152932
>mathlab
more like methlab, if you're willing to pay 2.5k on books per year
>>
>>69150114
How the fuck am I supposed to get a house costing area median price of $300,000 with an engineer's salary of $80k?
>>
>>69152269
>Actually believes the no inflation meme

Tell me friendo, what does $100 buy you at the grocery store compared to five years ago? The Fed includes and excludes data to fit their narrative.
>>
File: 1410893735714.jpg (91 KB, 555x475) Image search: [Google]
1410893735714.jpg
91 KB, 555x475
>>69187005
Weeks worth of chicken, frozen bags of vegetables, brown rice, mixed salad bags, milk, eggs, coffee, some soup, maybe squash and other fresh veggies, oatmeal, and if I budget a box of shitty$10 wine for the week. One man, $100 groceries a week minimum on basically chicken and vegetables.
>>
>>69150114
Oh hello boomer

Your children will commit you to a rest home soon and some of the staff will be folks from this generation

You're going to get fucked up the ass by us, literally.

Thanks for posting !

:)
>>
Millennials can't social engineer for shit since they wear their weakass bleeding hearts right on their sleeve for the world to see. If a Gen-x'er with a GED with some callous determination can socially engineer their way into the middle class wtf is stopping a college educated millennial?
>>
Rent with roomate who's a total bro
Truck my dad bought me in hs still going strong

Life's good man
>>
>>69186072
>How the fuck am I supposed to get a house costing area median price of $300,000 with an engineer's salary of $80k?
try being on 37k
>>
>>69181539
You need to be a jew to get money
>>
>>69150114

cause gender studies doesn't pay fuck all
>>
>go out
>get a job
>buy a home
>drive a nice new car

Here's my life:

>Apply to grocery store job
>Go to college
>Work shitty job for years
>Find temp job at warehouse
>Slightly better, now instead of a shitty job I just have a monotonous job and that makes it more tolerable
>Move into apartment
>Continue driving beat up car to save money
Thread replies: 220
Thread images: 29

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.