[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Redpill me on weed
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 181
Thread images: 22
File: image.jpg (601 KB, 2496x2408) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
601 KB, 2496x2408
Used to smoke it, I understand the benefits and the problems, I just wanted pol's opinion.

No bullshit like "bro it cures cancer, ask Tommy Chong"

Or "dude, you know it's addictive, right?"

Just a sensible discussion
>>
>>69147195
same boat as you op
>>
>>69147195
I'd rather get drunk than high.
>>
>>69147195
the reason people perceive it to have healing effects is more to do with getting a really good sleep out of it
>>
How you define 'sensible'?

To me, the only sensible and redpilled understanding of the subject is that anyone else who presumes the moral authority to prevent drug use or make illegal the posession of naturally occurring plant matter should be lined up and shot because they are a threat to my freedom in a fundamental philisophical sense.
>>
Smoking weed in moderation is fine

The biggest issue with weed is "weed culture" faggots who base their entire being around drug use.

t. Someone who has smoked for close to 8 years straight and only my closest friends know I smoke
>>
>>69147195

Friend of mine recently slumped into depression and suffered horrible mood swings after being a daily smoker for 8 months no breaks.

He quit.
>>
>>69147195
Good goy smoke the anasthetic it cures cancer just lie down
>>
It's fine but it gives you a sense of satisfaction for doing nothing. That's why most stoners don't accomplish anything.
>>
>>69147479
>posession of naturally occurring plant matter

Dumbest fucking argument ever. THe fact its natural means NOTHING
>>
File: image.jpg (18 KB, 251x201) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
18 KB, 251x201
>smoking the herbal jew

Don't be mistaken faggots. ALL degenerates will hang on the day of the rope.
>>
>>69147645
I am currently stuck in this rut. Things are ok, but I know I would be manifesting so much better if I didn't smoke.

Yet today I went and bought another .5g of wax even though I keep telling myself to stop.

It has made me mentally weak and I need to stop. But I always end up telling myself it's ok and just one more week and I'll quit.
>>
I think that smoking weed really slows you down mentally. I know when I smoked, I was much slower and had a harder time talking. The stuff really dumbs you down, and I think if you smoke it for a few years you will begin getting permanently dumbed down.

I had many friends who were sharp and creative, but after smoking for a few years they became much slower, less energetic, less creative, less talkative, and just slower. Much slower than any 21 year old should be.

The most productive and successful people are sober 24/7.
>>
>>69147645
I agree with this.

The problem, I guess is mostly the fact that I can smoke all day and still feel like I had a good day when really eating a meal was my biggest accomplishment that day.
>>
>>69147743
Nothing stupid about it in the context of a government founded on self evident natural rights. Governments come and go and opinions change much faster than nature.
>>
>>69147195
So what exactly are the benefits of smoking pot? Serious question.
>>
>>69147195
Dudebro you know it's an addictive drug that cures cancer, right?
>>
>>69148230
Narcotic benefits. Sense of wellbeing. Relief of nausea and mild headaches and body aches. Appetite improvement for people with conditions suppressing appetite. It feels like a vitality buff from an rpg when youre hungover or generally sickly.
>>
>>69147195
It really isn't addictive. People that are have those "addictive personalitys" Its possible to smoke everyday, and be high for 24 hours and suddenly quit. No withdrawls or anything. It really a nice drug that helps to relax, and those after work sessions at home or late at night.
>>
>>69147391
I'd rather get high than drunk. ¯\(°_o)/¯
>>
Can people just not smoke the fucking thing all day every day?

Is it so hard to just save it for a weekend?
>>
>>69148633
I have one of those "addictive personalities."

For me it's like going into a room that changes my perception of reality, but as soon as I step out I forget what was inside the room.

So of course I keep wanting to peak inside to remember what it was like. It's a bad cycle.

>>69148919
It's hard when you're in a bad place mentally. Weed offers temporary sanctuary. It can be hard to face reality and the weed makes me feel like things could turn out ok.

It's all mental, but sometimes changing the way you think is hard.
>>
I smoke sometimes and its fine.
Just dont smoke it everyday.
>>
Smoked couple of times when I was visiting Germany last year. Liked it. No idea where to get some in here and it is kinda illegal so haven't even looked. I guess it is not that addictive.
>>
>>69148919
Well, I mean, can my anxiety and ADHD only happen on the weekends?

But I agree, fuck the degenerate youth who think it's cool. Most of us who smoke weed past 20 do so because we've got shit to cope with.
>>
>>69148230
The real benefits are helping the sick feel happy, calm and have a greater sense of wellbeing.

It's much safer than antidepressants iirc, but only in small doses.

It has natural cannabinoids that help the brain relieve stress and worry.

Again, small doses. The main thing is pain relief.

Huntingtons disease, ms, cancer and seizures are usually symptomless and help patients live better lives from puffing cannabis than stupid kike medicines.

Also, hangover cure and hunger pangs (could solve obesity and anorexia).
>>
>>69147195
I like it, and it's not as harmful as alcohol. I couldn't give a shit less if some people here think it's degenerate. They think everything is.
>>
>>69147901
Yeah i'm on the exact same page as you, Weed woulden't be a problem at all for me if i had some goddamn self preservation
>>
>>69149619
(It's a meme)
>>
File: erryday.jpg (116 KB, 900x975) Image search: [Google]
erryday.jpg
116 KB, 900x975
>>69147195
I regularly consume either alcohol or weed. Probably should get shrink and some meds.

Weed I can be productive, it doesn't make me fat, and has fewer long-term health consequences. And it's cheaper (vs 100 dollar bar tabs at least once a week).

So I prefer weed.

Only downside is that it's not acceptable in work/non-intimate social situations.
>>
>>69147884
You're gonna be hanging like 95% of the population pham
>>
I remember like a year ago i would smoke weed daily for like a month. I was always in a bad mood when i wasn't high, and my energy levels seriously plummeted. I had no ambition for anything. I'll smoke weed on occasion still if i'm with friends or something, but i'm never going to smoke it as much as i use to.
>>
It should be treated like the way guns should treated. As it is right now we are filling up prisons with people who really don't need to be there. If you cant handle smoking than that's your own fault and you can deal with the financial problems it will bring. Just don't go asking for benefits like a degen. My state drug tests for benefits anyways.
>>
File: 20101027_SmokingSoros.jpg (30 KB, 330x248) Image search: [Google]
20101027_SmokingSoros.jpg
30 KB, 330x248
>>69147195
George Soros (satan) wants it legal. That's probably a bad sign.
http://www.drugpolicy.org/staff-and-board/board-directors
>>
>>69147566
I had to quit to get a job and I kinda experienced the same stuff he did plus the added lack of sleep, it gets better tell him that
>>
>>69147901
>>69149710
Quitting is tough but if anything the tolerance break is worth it. A month or two without smoking and youll find that gram goes and lasts alot longer than it used to. I experienced troubles quitting as well but when it comes down to it it is all mind over matter you just have to tell yourself you dont need it and that the next time you do use it it will be even better because of the tolerance break
>>
>>69150290
>harmless plant should be treated like dangerous weapons

No. Weed should be treated like tobacco. Educate people about what it is and what it does.

Focus on the negative effects of cannabis like lack of motor function and delusions, at the same time, make it readily available so people make their own opinions.
>>
>>69148482
i remember being very ill and vomiting all the time and decided to smoke even though i didn't feel like it... it helped!
>>
the only problem with pot is what you're NOT doing while you're smoking it.
that said, i've met a lot of people who smoke it daily who are HIGH ACHIEVERS. (no cheesy pun intended)
non motivated smokers who do nothing but lie around stoned are doing themselves no more damage than sufferers of depression who do nothing but lie around staring into space immersed in their own self pity...
>>
File: IMG_20160326_230306515.jpg (2 MB, 1503x2672) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160326_230306515.jpg
2 MB, 1503x2672
>>69147195
I like smoking it. It is legal here, but I've been smoking since 2003. Glad I can grow it. Also brew my own kilju for CO2.
>>
>>69150444
i think george soros is a sinister arsehole, that doesn't mean i have to automatically disagree with anything he says.
>>
>>69151777
wish i could download me some of that...
>>
>>69152046
Haven't even been able to smoke that stuff yet, still drying then gotta put it in a jar to cure. Hopefully it is ready by 4/20.
>>
Ive been smoking almost daily for the past 5 years

I started taking dabs and my tolerance went through the roof. I'm now 2 weeks into my 3 month t break. When I start again I plan to only smoke flower and only onthe weekends. Wish me luck
>>
The future of 420 is going to be about vaping now.
You heard it here first.

source: cali native
>>
>>69153181
Sorry, I don't listen to homeless people.
>>
>>69147195
In my opinion weed isn't really any worse then either cigarettes nor alcohol. Cigarettes kill you, Alcohol inebriates you (and causes damage with excess consumption). Weeds kinda the same, wherein excess use clouds your head. Doesn't really make any more sense to have it illegal instead of legal (and taxed!) when alcohol and cigs are available...at least as far as public health is concerned.

Here's my issue: weed culture. Weed culture is like if crippling alcoholism was encouraged by musicians. tv, and was popular amongst teens. So long as 24h hotboxing is culturally appropriate/cool in the community legalizing weed pretty much just opens the door to more widespread abuse. Actually that's incorrect; the door is already open. It's more accurate to say it takes the door off it's hinges and demo's the frame so that fatty can get some.
>>
>>69148482
>>69149539
I get migraines monthly, and have anorexia/bulimia

used to smoke pot, it helped but I stopped when I moved and just cba to find a new hookup
>>
How come potheads want to talk about weed all the time? Just do your thing and shut up about it.
>>
>>69155412
I suppose I must advice moderation.
>>
>>69156205
It's illegal and people are being prosecuted for a victimless crime.
>>
I quit after 14 months straight smoking $40-80 of dank a week due to having a drug test come up.

I smoked mids one time after quitting for 2 weeks and got higher than I have in a long time. Almost felt like the first time again. All the good thoughts and feelings rushed back, my mind drifted off into space, it was great.

You forget how much tolerance you have until you quit for a bit.

That being said, as soon as this test is over I will smoke the biggest bowl I possibly can.
>>
>>69156516
Maybe if you live in a backwater.

If you do it inside of your home how would you ever get arrested? When it's legal no one even cares, it's not exciting any more. People go back to drinking.
>>
>>69156428
definitely, I'd only smoke when I felt a migraine coming on or I was having trouble eating or keeping food down. iirc it was never more than a couple times a week.

my sister on the other smokes multiple times a day. like she visited for two days, and both nights the house reeked of pot,, like seriously you're visiting family and you can't go 24 hours without smoking?

>>69156585
>smoking that much
literally how the fuck do you afford that shit, if I tried to smoke that much a week I'd be too busy getting high to ever go to work and earn money to get high in the first place

shit, an eight lasted me a good month or two, not half a week dude
>>
>>69147195
People will say any good thing about weed, except they won't admit that they like it just because it feels good.

It dumbs you down though. So I recommend smoking in moderation.

Inducing euphoria from time to time is fine.
>>
>>69156516
Its not victimless if you involve others by agitation without having a proper expertise.
>>
>>69156832
When you smoke everyday, a fat nugget is basically equivalent to a cigarette.

Tolerance can be expensive.
>>
>>69156832
I built up a hell of a tolerance. I could smoke 2 hours before work and be clear eyed.

I admit I was doing it too hard at one point, I probably did $40 a week as my average for the year but I went as hard as $80 a week when times got tough.

I feel kind of stupid after smoking a little mid and getting fucked up as hard as I did though. Still, no regrets. I didn't smoke anything until I was 19, I feel like I made up for lost time.

Video games were more fun, food tasted better, my memory was foggy, everything was great.
>>
>>69147195
Comparable to cigarettes in many ways. I'd be fine with it if it were taxed, but that would be a "war on black people." Legalization and taxation would increase the cost to the consumer and thereby create another way for blacks to fall behind in America. Decriminalization is the best solution
>>
>>69157149
Fuck yeah fogging your mind and... video games. Woooo
>>
>>69157022
>tfw got an arizer solo a few months before I ended up quitting
fuck, now I kinda want to start again just cause that thing was so good on saving money.

>>69157149
I get it, I did the same thing but at 20 instead of 19. Only lasted for like 6 months before I cut it out for a while, and then picked it up just for medicinal purposes.

strangely, having a full time job made it easier to not be a pothead, cause you actually have to be able to function and shit so you only smoke when you need to, not because there's nothing else to do
>>
>>69148633
People do the same thing with medical opiates. That doesn't mean they aren't addictive.
>>
>>69147195
INDIVIDUAL FREEDOM
>>
>>69157307
I've got some depression and what I would describe as crippling anxiety. When I say crippling, I mean it. I've been this way since as long as I could remember.

Nothing has helped me as much as weed.

My life is boring and mediocre compared to what potential I could possibly have. Smoking weed is an effect of that, not a cause.

>>69157487
I did that while working 40 hours+.
>>
>>69157707
K
>>
>>69147195
I have HPPD and smoking weed is like some delirious hell. Haven't touched the shit in years. I can still do stimulants, benzos, drink, and even occasional light doses of MDMA with little problems though. Drugs in general fucking suck though. Whether the problem is negative health effects or using drugs as an identity or crutch. Weed lmaos, tweakers, psychadelic users literally enlightened by their own intelligence. People have no idea how to behave responsibly or modestly. Non drug user is high on my list for finding a girl. And it's a shame, many drugs out there have medical applications and/or the ability to allow one to improve oneself.

Anyway, weed should definately be legal and is basically harmless as long as you're not in my situation or you're not predisposed to schizophrenia. It'd be interesting to find a way for it to be legal in the west while guaranteeing no degeneracy comes as a result of it.
>>
>>69147901
You're not just going to just quit, you need to replace that habit with something else.
I started smoking cigarettes around exam time a few years ago to calm down my nerves; I got out of that spiral after a month or so by replacing smoking with taking 5 min walks outside.
Literally that easy.
>>
>>69157203
If legalization was widespread, even with taxation, it would be relatively cheap. Overhead for actual growing is quite minimal. It's called "weed" for a reason.

>inb4 black market weed is still cheaper in Denver

Prices of legal weed are artificially inflated, but this is truly a case where the free market will fix it.
>>
File: DUDE LIGHTSABERS LMAO.png (2 MB, 1000x1328) Image search: [Google]
DUDE LIGHTSABERS LMAO.png
2 MB, 1000x1328
what are you guys smoking? rewatching empire and return of the jedi tonight

i love kensington market. so easy to find cheap, affordable strong weed and it's perfectly legal
>>
>>69157707
pot is an anxiogenic, why the fuck would you smoke it if you didn't have your anxiety under control?

weed doesn't help you, you're just as depressed as you would be without it, you just don't care. and if you don't care, then you can't get better. but that's okay, cause getting high feels good and it's easier than working to improve yourself

>did it while working fulltime
min wage jobs don't really count bruh
>>
>>69147994
This is currently me. I was always the leader type, very outspoken, creative, etc. I smoked from the time i was 12 to about 18. Now i just feel "slower" like you said. Thats the best way to describe it. I used to be the life of the party now when im with friends im more quite and passive. I also feel like its the main cause of my anxiety which i used to not have. I havent smoked in a year and my mind feels like its a lot clearer now that it has been in a while but if i could do it over again i would wait til my brain was fully developed before smoking. But forsure there are major side effects for some people.
>>
>>69147195
>Redpill me on weed
it's good stuff and good for you
>>
>>69147645
this to be honest, don't smoke if you're a retard or else you'll accomplish nothing in life, don't smoke if you've got something you've been wanting to do (which actually should be all the time, but I fail at that aswell)
>>
>>69147399
>really good sleep out of it
Only if you are able to sleep the entire day away
>>
>>69147195
Wouldn't know, never tried illegal drugs in my life. Pretty much everyone that I have met who smokes regularly has been a complete degenerate.
>>
File: 1451424482363.png (491 KB, 402x640) Image search: [Google]
1451424482363.png
491 KB, 402x640
It won't kill you in one sitting, but over time it can present some dangerous issues.

If you smoke from a younger age, approximately mid-teens, you have a higher chance of developing brain-related problems.

Acquired Epilepsy can be a common malady, and this includes pseudo-seizures not necessarily connected to classic epileptic activity in the brain. These pseudo-seizures are dangerous because they often present as a regular seizure, but under examination (MRI, Sleep-deprivation) does not usually give warning.

See also memory loss, damage to information retention, schizophrenia, depression, damage to hormone release (especially in males), inter-generational damage (see autism-spectrum), weakened immune-system, higher risk of lung and stomach cancers.

It is a very dangerous past-time, and unfortunately it is not represented in the media properly.

I believe this is because it is an easy source of income, seeing as it can be grown and consumed with ease.

I am a 36 year old neurologist, and I love browsing /pol/.
>>
>>69158417
>pot is an anxiogenic, why the fuck would you smoke it if you didn't have your anxiety under control?

It helps me and plenty of other people with it.

>weed doesn't help you

Helps me cope, so that helps. Everyday life was nerveracking before it.

> you just don't care. and if you don't care, then you can't get better

Everytime I do get "better" I go right back down thanks to this anxiety and depression shit I have. I gained 25 lbs of muscle at one point in the span of a few months and it all went away just as quickly when I struggled to get out of fucking bed for no fucking reason. I just woke up one day and it hit me. Everytime I try to do it again it happens. So yes, I'm a loser with a full-time job who enjoys weed. I never claimed I was going anywhere. Weed makes life somewhat worth living for me. I've always been a depressive person. I was fucking born with it.

>min wage jobs don't really count bruh

Good thing I don't do that brah.
>>
File: 1457132891869.jpg (13 KB, 250x212) Image search: [Google]
1457132891869.jpg
13 KB, 250x212
If you have an addictive personality in general it can become habit forming

But, everything in moderation

I treat it like booze.
>>
>>69147501
>Smoking weed in moderation is fine
>The biggest issue with weed is "weed culture" faggots who base their entire being around drug use.
so much THIS. based leaf.
>>
File: 1457106975427.png (48 KB, 856x646) Image search: [Google]
1457106975427.png
48 KB, 856x646
>>69158659
>acquired epilepsy
>causal link to schizophrenia
>causal link to depression
>damage to hormone release in males
>causal link to autism
>>
>>69158181
you're right, I just need to man up

>>69158659
> inter-generational damage (see autism-spectrum)

got a source on that?
>>
>>69149206
>It can be hard to face reality and the weed makes me feel like things could turn out ok.
sorry to say friend, but this is the exact wrong reason to use weed, or tobacco, or booze, or anything. It makes you avoid your problems instead of tackling them, it makes you avoid reality, that's bad anon, don't do that shit. You should consider quitting for atleast a month, fix your problems, after that month, smoke when you've got literally nothing to do and when you have no stress.
>>
>>69158903
You realize life is hard for everyone? It's not your special struggle. If want to daze and confuse yourself to make it easier to accept your prison, that is fine. But this persecution-anxiety complex stuff is an overactive imagination.

Life gets easier when you stand up and try walking on your own 2 feet.
>>
Keep it to yourself instead of being dude lmao and it's fine
>>
File: facts.jpg (101 KB, 478x447) Image search: [Google]
facts.jpg
101 KB, 478x447
/thread
>>
It was outlawed to protect domestic pharmaceutical interests who could not compete with foreign manufacturers, and then was used to slowly slide our society into a never ending nightmare of corruption and tyranny.
>>
>>69158994
Where is the proof?

As I said, I am a neurologist who has been seeing people who have been damaged by marijuana for just over ten years.

Medical journals are rife with proof.

In my experience, the majority of patients that have developed the above-mentioned problems in their early to mid-twenties have all used marijuana on a regular basis.

The time that I have to go over and through all the information available to you is not at my disposal, but if you have the time it is all there.

It's easy enough for the liberals to scream "PROOF! PROOF!" because I am stating facts, albeit without giving you proof, because they are probably drug-users themselves.
>>
>>69159226
I'm not here to play the victim, just explain my stance.

Call me what you want, I contribute to society and spend my free time and my excess money on something that makes me happier.

I don't openly tell people I smoke, and the few I do are generally shocked because I "don't look like the type".

Living in my own head is hell for me, weed makes it slightly less hell. I'll take the weed.
>>
>>69159343
>anecdotal evidence
>still doesn't post a single source
>>
>>69147195
It's only being pushed so that people can drug themselves into compliance with the NWO. Without this outlet, they might actually get off their asses and do something about it.
>>
>>69147501
Correct answer.
>>
>>69159335
>Non-addictive
>Cures Cancer
>Grows Brain Cells
Fuck off with your pseudo-science pothead
>>
shit gives me the worst social anxiety imaginable. only bearable after ive had a few drinks. its pretty overated
>>
>>69159407
It's 9:54am here in Sydney.

I have work in an hour and a half.

I have time to pass on some information while I have breakfast.

The best proof can be found by those willing to take the time to look for it themselves.

I have professional experience.

Just go and do some reading.
>>
BRO
WEED
CURES
CANCER
>>
>>69159343
dude you are so full of shit I work in a neurology lab and have read all the research there is, which hasn't proved a causal link to any of those things. don't just assume you can lie about "muh research" without people disputing your claims
>>
Did jesus smoke weed?
>>
>>69147195
The drug causes enteric damage in the long run making you suseptable to energetic attachment and control.

very bad idea
>>
File: girls_laughing.jpg (43 KB, 600x363) Image search: [Google]
girls_laughing.jpg
43 KB, 600x363
>>69159558
>MUH ANECDOTAL EVIDENCE
>MUH PROFESSIONAL
>MUH SUPERIOR INTELLIGENCE
>>
>>69159510
This is my biggest problem with it as well.

I like the *idea* of weed, but actually smoking it makes me incredibly paranoid and socially anxious. I find myself constantly saying stupid things and second-guessing everything I do.

A weed high is a real shitty feeling because I'm being stupid and I'm totally aware of it. At least when I'm drunk I just don't give a shit.
>>
>>69159641
>69159641
You can keep your research. I've known many young people with issues that were exacerbated by using weed as a crutch.
>>
File: 1454088050299.jpg (75 KB, 720x529) Image search: [Google]
1454088050299.jpg
75 KB, 720x529
>>69159558
literally the only thing I could find about intergenerational effects of marijuana

http://www.medicaldaily.com/cannabis-effects-passed-down-three-generations-rats-offspring-show-reduced-motivation-264094

mentions nothing about autism, I could find absolutely nothing to back your claims

hell, you're probably just shitposting anyways
>>
File: 1455116821072.gif (653 KB, 260x146) Image search: [Google]
1455116821072.gif
653 KB, 260x146
>>69158903
>Weed makes life somewhat worth living for me
you should never be content with mediocrity

I've been inpatient a number of times bc of depression and suicide attempts and the only thing weed ever did for me was make me feel ok that I wasn't doing anything to improve myself because I had no hope.

If you quit smoking, then it'll feel like shit but it'll let you get moving in the right direction if you can take the first step. Go see a therapist, address the issues that are making you depressed. If it's clinical depression, like me, then use medication for a year or two until you learn how to cope healthily, and then slowly come off of the medication.

pls, I know how much it sucks being in your position and how hard it is to do anything. I used to only leave the house at night because there were less people out, and was shy as fuck at work. I ended up having to quit my job because I tried to kill myself, and that's when I realized I just needed to fucking grit my teeth and just get treatment.

I didn't do it for myself, or because I thought it would work, or anything like that. I did it because I saw that not doing it was actively killing me and causing my family a great deal of pain. So I went for it, if only to show them that treatment wouldn't work. Literally I only got better because I wanted to spite my family before I died

just try it anon, please I believe in you even though you probably hate yourself and doubt anything could make you better. getting high works in the short term, but makes things worse in the long run. treatment is shit for the first few months or so, but it's worth it

p-pls ;_;
>>
>>69159641
> I work in a neurology lab

Yes, of course you do.

Don't try to one-up somebody by saying you work in the same field.

Like I said, a drug-user is bound to defending their chosen drug because they are addicts who do not want to hear that their chosen poison is poison.
>>
>>69159826
oh sure I wasn't disputing that, but no research gives a causal link to any of the things this anon >>69158659 said
>>
>>69159914
post a source or fuck off
>>
>>69159823
that sums up my experiences pretty well. i'll say something and then for the next five minutes i keep thinking about how dumb i just sounded and it keeps playing over and over in my head. it also doesn't help that i hate the thought of appearing like a 'stoner'
>>
File: damage control.png (284 KB, 448x546) Image search: [Google]
damage control.png
284 KB, 448x546
>>69159914
>still no evidence
>throws insults instead
>>
>>69159748
>>enteric

http://www.energyreality.com/pgs/ethe.htm

etheric energy body
>>
>>69159851
The thing about the internet is that it is believed to be all-knowing.

Most books that are available to professionals cost hundreds of dollars, and are not available in digital format.

If you really want to read proper medical literature, I'd suggest going to a public library.

If you're really interested, perhaps you should go to your local neurologist or mental health professional and speak to them.
>>
>>69147195
Let me tell you what my personal experience was with weed.

I never smoked until I was 25. The first few times, months apart, I just got really, really high and didn't like that much. However, fast forward a year or so. I was having a lot of stress and anxiety, and I had started to drink alcohol a lot. One day, I had a huge panic attack and ended up drinking all day. The next day I realized I couldn't do that again or I would end up in a really bad place. So, I decided to buy some weed online. I ended up starting to smoke it everyday, occasionally throughout the day. For whatever reason, this fixed basically every problem I was having. I was able to wake up in the morning when I needed to easily and go to bed at the right time. I cut down on drinking considerably, back down to normal levels. I was much more productive and alert during the day. I became very motivated and was able to start a business and get a lot of thing back on track that I had neglected previously. Experiences I had were more meaningful; I was able to live in the moment and enjoy everyday things again. I started eating much healthier and cooking at home. Probably most importantly, the anxiety subsided basically entirely. I stopped taking the prescription antidepressants I had been taking.

After about several months, this wore off. Not sure why that happened exactly, but that several month experience really gave me the boost I needed. I didn't experience laziness or whatever other people commonly say they do.
>>
>>69160116
I insulted nobody.
>>
>>69160142
you are so full of shit
>>
File: Girls laughing.png (490 KB, 449x401) Image search: [Google]
Girls laughing.png
490 KB, 449x401
>>69160188
>still no sources
>still posting
>>
>>69160211
Okay.

Thank you.
>>
>>69159859
>If you quit smoking, then it'll feel like shit but it'll let you get moving in the right direction if you can take the first step

I was sober for my first 19 years. I didn't smoke regularly until 23. I'm now 24, 3 months sober and feel no different except I'd be having more fun if I was high right now.

>Go see a therapist, address the issues that are making you depressed.

Tried, I've been like this as long as I can remember, suicidal since puberty. 0 attempts but probably written 10 notes and have been ready to carry it out plenty of times. Only reason I haven't is my parents actually love me.

> If it's clinical depression, like me, then use medication for a year or two until you learn how to cope healthily, and then slowly come off of the medication.

I'm on medication, it helps my anxiety but not the depression.

>I did it because I saw that not doing it was actively killing me and causing my family a great deal of pain.

It helps relieve my pain and I work 40+ hours a week. I can fake being content long enough.

Everytime, every single fucking time I feel good for once, the depression kicks me back down. There is no cause, no way to predict it, it just fucking hits me for months at a time. Then one day POOF, its gone for a little.

The plan is once my parents go, I go. Until then I keep myself content, I keep them content and I do a service to society by paying into taxes, working for a living and not taking them back out at old age.

It sounds defeatist as fuck and I sound like a bitch, I don't care. I've given up the idea of happiness.
>>
>>69148633
>t. Justin "Weedman" trudeau
>>
>>69159507
It's not addictive on a physical level. That's a scientific fact. There's no substance to cause physical dependence. Tobacco has nicotine, alcohol is ethanol, both cause physical dependence. Als caffeine. Cannabis doesn't.
Mentally, anything can be addictive, even jacking off or washing your hands.
>>
>>69160314
>someone discovers weed causes intergenerational autism
>no record of it anywhere on the internet
>b-but my anecdotal evidence

you should leave now
>>
>>69147195
Fuck off Pothead
>>
tfw spending all day on pol and I don't even smoke marijuana =(
>>
>>69147645
>>69147901
I think this is also based on the individual.

I am currently attending university and usually have 3-4 bowls a day and have been able to function fine in terms of academic success, meeting new people, attending social gatherings and what not.

I don't disagree that it does give you a sense of satisfaction for doing nothing, but you have to trust your own willpower to overcome the stagnancy.
>>
>>69147884
Looking forward to it.
>>
>>69160273
Fine.

Here is a starter.

http://emboj.embopress.org/content/early/2014/01/27/embj.201386035
>>
>>69160379
Have you tried asking your therapist or psychiatrist if you could be bipolar without mania? It manifests a lot like depression, but it requires different pharmaceutical treatment, i.e. mood stabilizers either instead of or in tandem with antidepressants

>There is no cause, no way to predict it, it just fucking hits me for months at a time
yeah that sounds a lot like bipolar 2 disorder, you should look into it I think it would help you a lot to bring this up with your providers
>>
>>69160551
>Children exposed in utero to cannabis present permanent neurobehavioral and cognitive impairments.

This isn't what you were claiming and it also says nothing about autism.

I'm beginning to doubt more and more that you have any idea what you're talking about.
>>
>>69159914
>cannabis
>addicts
>i am totes a neurology specialist guise!!1
fucking kill yourself
>>
>>69160418

Allow me to offer you some free reading.

http://www.medicaldaily.com/cannabis-effects-passed-down-three-generations-rats-offspring-show-reduced-motivation-264094

http://phys.org/news/2009-06-cannabis-human-dna.html
>>
>>69160671
I've never thought for a second I'm bipolar, just a whiny bitch.

I'd have to look into it.

I'm not lying when I say its like a switch that flips on and off with no control or warning. I'll wake up one day and its there. I'll wake up months later and its just gone.
>>
>>69147195
For me the problem lies in how it is treated , especially nowadays. It is 'marketed' as this super casual substance that one can just use for pure enjoyment. Cigarettes 2.0 now without health risks.

People seem to forget or don't even know that it is a mind altering substance. It is psychedelic.

Though the problem seems to stem from the current general drug abuse. You take them and expect enjoyment out of them. The drugs are just fun agenda.
>>
>>69159823
My case exactly. I smoked in highschool just so I wouldn't look lame, but only certain strains felt good. Felt like crap every other time unless I chased it with liquor.

Except with edibles... For some reason it's totally different and relaxing. Like a good after sex / fap haze times fucking ten.

Especially with hash coffee. Good God that shit is divine.
>>
File: 1459151457475.png (511 KB, 1060x1065) Image search: [Google]
1459151457475.png
511 KB, 1060x1065
> People falling for it
>>
File: 1458929765853.gif (308 KB, 300x169) Image search: [Google]
1458929765853.gif
308 KB, 300x169
>>69160551

you realize that this doesn't prove (or even mention) any of the things you asserted here >>69158659

this article is about repeated exposure of mice in utero, meaning that if a pregnant mother smokes habitually then there might be some morphological changes to some neurons. color me surprised!

Speaks nothing to an adult (or human) brain exposure though. is that the best source you can find tough guy?
>>
>>69160764
Do you not understand what a cognitive impairment is?

What is neurobehavioral damage?
>>
>>69161037
>implying it isn't the tobaccojew and alcoholjew and cottonjew who keep weed illegal to avoid competition
>>
>>69160967
there is no such thing as you being just a "whiny bitch." Your behavior is explainable in psychological and neurological ways.
>>
>>69160967
dude get that checked out, I had a similar problem but it was more mercurial and based on what's happening atm, ended up being diagnosed with borderline personality disorder. There's some overlap between bpd and bipolar disorder, so I can guess how shitty it must be

The only reason I made so much progress in the past few months is because I got that diagnosis, and started treatment for borderline pd (DBT) instead of just treating the depression, which was a symptom of the borderline personality disorder instead of the fundamental problem

best of luck anon!
>>
>>69161055
If you read an earlier post, the internet is not the best place to find medical literature of any decent value.

Medical books cost hundreds of dollars, even for professionals.

This is not a field of work comparable to plumbing or fixing computers.
>>
Bob Marley died from cancer.
>>
weed is both an amazing drug, and amazing for the economy. trump will most likely support legalizing it for the second reason, i only wish he would support it openly because that could get him SO MANY supporters
>>
>>69161060
>What is neurobehavioral damage?

It's not the same as a neurodevelopmental disorder like autism, and you should know that since you are an """"expert""""
>>
File: 1323488149757.jpg (32 KB, 650x452) Image search: [Google]
1323488149757.jpg
32 KB, 650x452
>>69161217
>MUH MEDICAL BOOKS YOU JUST WOULDN'T UNDERSTAND HOW SMART I AM MUH PROFESSIONAL

again, still no source
>>
File: 0rb2132__901-01.jpg (11 KB, 600x300) Image search: [Google]
0rb2132__901-01.jpg
11 KB, 600x300
>live in Spain
>Cannabic associations which are like coffeeshops only you have to sign up and it's members-only
>these associations can't be for-profit, but they can pay salaries
>tfw smoking weed creates decent-quality jobs in my local community
>while alcohol and tobacco profits go to da joos
>>
>>69161347
One refers to how the neuronal structure of the brain develops.

The other refers to how that structure functions.

Don't insult my intelligence.

I'd love to stay, but I have work.

Yes, I know you will just love to explain my departure as me giving up.

Feel free to do so.

Enjoy your drugs, and enjoy watching your children develop problems because you decided it was healthy to consume toxic chemicals.
>>
>>69161181
>>69161215
This is also the part where I reveal I have diagnosed Asperger's added on to all of this. I don't know if it effects the anxiety or depression on top of the issues Asperger's throws at me (I'm high functioning, can pass as a normie now after years of hard work).

I just looked into Bipolar II and it doesn't really fit me except for the on-off switch. When I'm feeling good I'm not cocky or a risk-taker, just happier than usual.
>>
>>69161594
>cannabis
>toxic chemicals
now i know you are a fucking worthless troll
>>
File: enjoy the ride_Reaction.gif (576 KB, 500x306) Image search: [Google]
enjoy the ride_Reaction.gif
576 KB, 500x306
>>69161217
>the internet is full of shit
>don't trust it
>except MY shit! >>69160551 >>69160914
>it don't stink at ALL!
>>
>>69161594
enjoy having no clue about a field that you are supposedly an """"""expert"""""" in
>>
>>69161411
Yes, goodbye.
>>
There's a reason why they call it "dope".
>>
>>69161611
that's hypomania, distinct from fullblown mania as seen in bipolar 1. Just mention it to your doc or smth, couldn't hurt
>>
>>69147195
Safer than alcohol, some potential medical benefits, not the cure to every bad thing ever, people who make a big deal about smoking it past the age of 17 are faggots who need to grow up and get a life.
>>
>>69161594
>still hasn't posted a single source

Yeah better get going. Those bedpans won't clean themselves!
>>
>>69161703
what is it that reason most enlightened one?
>>
>>69161673
Sauce on this gif?
>>
>>69149729
>and has fewer long-term health consequences.

That depends totally on the quantity drunk vs smoked, just like tobacco weed can damage your lungs and there are dangers if you take too much you'll cause long term brain damage.

But yeah like most things moderation is fine.
>>
>>69147195
If there are actually medicinal benefits from weed then it should absolutely be legalized all over the country for patients. For recreational purposes however, my opinion is that it should be treated just like alcohol. 21 age limit. I don't smoke weed anymore because of my underlying anxiety and the fact that it turns me into an unproductive slob. But if someone wants to smoke it why shouldn't they. It's not going to kill anybody. There should be strict enforcement on it though. Kids are too young for weed as their minds are already developing. That's why I'm all fucked up now.
>>
Redpill you on weed? You smoked it, right?...you should be sold on it.

Picked up a copy of Newsweek that was all about weed. Good read. Suggest it.

Weed has loads of medical benefits for both mental and physical ailments, but like any substance can be abused. If legalized across the US federally, it would not only bring in billions in tax revenue, but would allow medical companies to actually perform solid tests, which they haven't been able to do yet, because of the lack of federal legality. Yes, it can cause lethargy, but it can also be used to help millions of people ease their mind as they work shit jobs for shit pay. People that are actually worth a damn won't suddenly turn into couch slugs.
>>
File: superman.jpg (33 KB, 468x487) Image search: [Google]
superman.jpg
33 KB, 468x487
Absolutely degenerated.
>>
>>69161936
I rest my case.
>>
>>69162425
>make no case
>i rest my case!
:^)

i think reddit is that way
>>>/out/
>>
>>69161122
Funny thing
All those are dominated by Christian folks
>>
Weed talk is all I heard during lunch every single day in high school. Turned off by it because of that.

I haven't smoked weed and I'm OK with it. It gets annoying those people who are all "you've never tried it???? You have to try it before you can not want any!" blah blah blah. No thanks bruh. Respect my decision.
>>
>>69147195
Nothing wrong with cannabis in moderation, however the culture surrounding it is absolutely degenerate as fuck
>>
The way I see it: if cigarettes and alcohol are legal, I don't see why marijuana isn't.
Don't be a faggot wearing Bob Marley stuff 24/7 and don't constantly talk about smoking and you'd be cool with me.

The idea that smokers are lazy is alien to me. Every time my friends and I get baked we do stuff on it. Just last week we helped one of our guys move into a new apartment. All the heavy furniture and all. And before that a few other guys and I played a rock show at a little venue. We get shit done when we toke.
>>
>>69162985
Why do Americans regard weed to be more important than it actually is? Your country is obsessed with something which is "just a plant."

Here in the UK there's obviously a few groups of people who lobby for it to be legalised and that, but over there it's treated like a burning political issue, constantly debated in congress.
>>
>>69147399
Except it absolutely destorys REM sleep.
>>
Thanks for reminding me to smoke more weed
>>
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=bM2AOaFS2wI

Have a little self respect
>>
>>69158659
>damage to hormone release (especially in males)
I think the degree to which weed messes with your hormones is often understated. I think I've read on /fit/ of people getting gyno (or exacerbating existing gyno) from smoking weed. It kinda makes sense, I noticed the same effect while smoking for about 8 months non-stop at 24 (while also working out - i was losing fat/building muscle but gyno was still there and got worse).

Fucking stuff feminizes men. Test is already in short supply due to issues with food/water. Now that I'm a bit more convinced of the connection between weed and low test/high est, I'm feeling so much more confident that I won't relapse.
>>
>>69165807
Its obviously not important. I've smoked for years and years every day, and I'm a successfull 23 yo kv NEET.
>>
>>69147479
Hundreds of poisons are naturally occurring too. So is opium, and cocaine. There's millions of chemicals that are safer than plenty of plants. Actually, literally everything is made up on chemicals. Everything you've ever eaten, drunk, breathed in, and even you body itself. The "bro it's a plant" is the most retarded arguement in the world.
>>
>>69165959
>Fucking stuff feminizes men.

Right because the niggers that smoke the shit 24/7 are little bitch boys with gyno

Stop making excuses for your own failures.
>>
>>69165959

Ye, fucking snoop dog. Those boobies can really tell what smoking 100 joints per day can do to you.
>>
>>69166725
>men
>niggers

Pick one. Seriously though, their baseline test levels are on another level. I won't say my failures were entirely due to weed, but anecdotal evidence of people like Arnold smoking and being the opposite of a little bitch boy does nothing to support the premise of the argument, as the anecdotes merely amount to outliers.

I've also noticed that long time smokers start using feminine logic (i.e., non-logic or sophistry) based primarily on emotional appeals the more they smoke, as if they're compensating for being divorced from their masculine abilities to argue rationally.

How much do you smoke?
>>
>>69147994
It only slows down idiots.

If you're actually intelligent it allows you to operate on a much higher level than normal.
>>
>>69147622
I can't tell if weed legalization or prohibition is the Jewish overlord master plan anymore
>>69147645
doing nothing while smoking is boring, you're supposed to go do hobbies you enjoy sober while high
>>
>>69147901
are you literally me
>>
>>69168718
>operate on a much higher level than normal.
This is such a meme. What tasks are you performing that weed enhances?

I've tried a variety of tasks ranging from science-informed/reliant (engineering job), computational (number crunching), creative (music practice), and athletic (lifting/cycling), and weed has had a negative effect on all of these tasks, in that I was able to function higher without its influence. I'm by no means an idiot.

I'm genuinely curious, what tasks are so synergistic with weed (for you) that you're comfortable making statements like that.

I can see how it's "higher level than normal" compared to when you're not high only if you're psychologically dependent on weed and need it to function, but that's not a comparison to "normal," it's a comparison to a state of withdrawal.

>>69169387
>Jewish overlord master plan
Promoting any intoxicants (tobacco, coffee, alcohol included) is part of the plan.
>>
>>69147195
Humanas managed to extract the active ingredients of plants for centures, they're in pills and so on.

Work just well.

For cannabis the active ingredients which help with specific types of cancer are already extracted and delivered as pills that lack the psychoactive ingredients.

BUT NO - DUDE YOU HAVE TO SMOKE THE PLANT... IT ONLY WORKS IF YOU INHALE THE SMOKE OF THE PLANET.. YOU HAVE TO GET RED EYES.

Smoking it for recreation is degenerate and people that do it should be ignored.
>>
>>69149710
Sup swedebro, skåne? Röka tillsammans?
Thread replies: 181
Thread images: 22

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.