[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
There's something I don't understand about American
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2
There's something I don't understand about American politics. Each of the two major parties associate themselves with some very, very random and irrelevant positions that shouldn't necessarily correlate with their agenda. To name two examples:

Democrats are obsessed with vaccination, claim that it has nothing to do with autism and persecutes anyone who is against it, or doesn't give a shit about it.

Republicans claim there's no issue with climate change despite overwhelming evidence.

I honestly don't see what vaccines have to do with being liberal or what global warming has to do with being conservative.

Did Democrats randomly adopt and associate themselves with the Climate Change argument just so that Republicans would inevitably sound like morons for denying it?

And what the fuck is Democrats' problem with vaccination? Randomly getting vaccinated for things like the common cold if you're not an elder/doctor/etc. is consider coo-coo behaviour in Yurop, so why are they making it such a big thing in the US?
>>
They both pander to voter groups to get the most support. Politicians don't have any values they only support things they think will get them elected
>>
>>69142730
basically this
>>
>>69142496
>Rejected by autistic community
Well surely this can't be taken seriously as these people are in fact autistic.
>>
>>69142496
This is intentional. Think about it. Donors want to push certain things that are against the public interest. So they bury it inside an identity that focuses on reasonable things.

This is (imo) literally the origin of the "Left" and "Right". Each is perfectly designed to be a balance of good ideas to attract voters, and bad ideas that the elite actually want.
>>
>>69142496
does anyone has saved the comic of, its like "Oh no its mad vaccinator!! but christian-mom is here to save us"?
>>
>>69142496

Vaccines are not the cause of autism but they are a contributing factor. I think this is getting glossed over and the truth is getting lost in the rhetoric as usual.
>>
>>69142496
Yeah, there's no actual of evidence of man-made climate change. Nice try casually sneaking that in you fucking kike.
>>
>>69143180
Exactly. If you're part of vulnerable groups, they certainly can help avoid more dangerous situations. But vaccinating kids for no reason is just crazy, and promoting the behaviour as a liberal value or whatever is something I'll never understand.
>>
>>69142496
The reason why republicans are against global warming is easy to figure out out country runs on fossil fuels and of course any regulations against it hurts the Republican donor base.
>>
It's just the establishment that takes those positions. Everyone else has to play ball in order to remain in good graces.

There are plenty of Republicans that think climate change is a real manmade problem that needs manmade remedies, and there are plenty of Democrats that think mandatory vaccinations are a violation of civil liberties. But if you want the establishment in your corner when you want to earmark a bill with your latest pet issue, you had better toe the line.

>Randomly getting vaccinated for things like the common cold if you're not an elder/doctor/etc. is consider coo-coo behaviour in Yurop

It's not the common cold or yearly vaccinations that are the issue. The vaccine controversy is over childhood vaccinations for measles and whooping cough that can cause serious illnesses or death. It's not unique to America: 68 people were hospitalized and 3 died of measles in the Netherlands because of a community claiming a religious exemption from vaccinations
http://www.cdc.gov/mmwr/preview/mmwrhtml/mm4914a2.htm
>>
>>69142496
>Randomly getting vaccinated for things like the common cold

The problem is that Christian conservatives aren't vaccinating their kids for measles, mumps, rubella, polio etc.

Then outbreaks of these disease happen. Which causes 3-4 month old babies to die, since they haven't been vaccinated yet.

Your right to having nutty ideas ends when you're infecting me or my kids with a deadly communicable disease.
>>
>tfw against fossil fuels for energy production not because I'm a hippy-dippy treehugger, but because fission and possibly fusion are so much better and more efficient
>I'm an anti-American gommunist to republicans for thinking that we shouldn't be burning oil for power, and should instead be saving it for manufacturing processes
>I'm a baby-eating imperialist to democrats for being anti-green, pro-nuke
End me.
>>
>>69143180

This is probably a factor too:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Refrigerator_mother_theory

Feminists *HATE* that.

It's nonsense (and cruel) to always blame the mother for autistic children (which happened way too much in France until recently), but I bet parenting still has something to do with it. All those single mothers would rather blame vaccines than their degeneracy.
>>
File: Herd Immunity Take 2.png (46 KB, 791x443) Image search: [Google]
Herd Immunity Take 2.png
46 KB, 791x443
>>69143589
Many individuals who are part of "vulnerable groups" are vulnerable precisely because they CANNOT get a vaccination, for whatever reason. They rely on herd immunity to protect themselves from the disease. The more individuals without a vaccination, the more likely the vulnerable ones are to contract a disease that could seriously threaten their health.
>>
>>69143637
>>69143018
Right, those are good points.

>>69143678
There is anecdotal evidence for both safety and hazard of vaccines. For example: http://www.fiercevaccines.com/story/novartis-fluad-back-italys-safety-radar-following-13-deaths/2014-12-01
I'm not really condemning them completely. I'm just saying that not being cautious with them and accepting them as a principle is rather stupid.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.